View Single Post
Old 12-09-2016, 12:33 AM   #7
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

I really enjoyed Chapters 1-8 the game had lots to do, the missions are fun, the combat is something that I can really get into. Fighting classic monsters like the Malboro in real time is great. Up to that point the story was really good and interesting and I really wanted to know what was going to happen.

Then from Chapter 9 onwards from the summoning of Levi everything seems so rushed. Things happen at such a fast pace sometimes with little to explanation, characters vanish never to be seen again. I only found out that the empire had killed Shiva, Ifrit and Bahamut from the loading screen. Which is a pretty big story point since I was expecting the collect them myself. The second half feels like such mess to me and that's a real shame. It feels like another MGSV to me though I hear they will add more story with upcoming patches though that will mean playing through the whole game again.

I can't remember feeling this disappointed in a FF game for along time (only the second half though). I can only imagine the mess the development must have been over 10 years if this is the best they can come up with after all that time.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote