View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 12:35 PM   #7
Northeastmonk

Mass Effect Review

I finished this game as John Shepard. The gameplay was amazing. I understand some people see this title as a knock off of Star Wars. Its in a way, a new Star Wars. The characters have their own ethnic background and the story is epic.

Story - Needs to be a triology to confirm the power of this title. 9 out of 10.

Gameplay - KOTOR equipment meets a new way to view action RPGS. 9.5 out of 10. The only reason to discard the battle system is lack of plasma options. Seems like the options are open, but not outstanding in customization of weapons.

Graphics - The planets look amazingly detailed. Landing on deserted and issolated planets reveal a great depth into the universe. The texture loading takes the detail to great lengths by adding a sandy finish to the walls.
9 out of 10

Sound - Amazing soundtrack. I feel the main theme played itself quite a bit.
9 out of 10

Pick up or rent - Pick it up if you're a fan of KOTOR or BioWare. The game is sure their best work. It is a 25 - 30 hour storyline and tons of sidequest. Finishing the main story does not touch the massive universe that Mass Effect offers.

Manhunt 2 (Playstation Portable Version)
Summary - Danial Lamb wakes up in an instittution with open security doors and a dead body lying next to him. His only way to escape is to listen to Leo and find out what happen to him. 7 out of 10

Gameplay - The game takes aspects of Manhunt and totally adds a stylish approach to the action genre. The killing game could not be as more user friendly and allows fans of the GTA series to join into the action. adding fire arms is the best thing Rockstar added to this series. The GTA run and gun makes way for some stylish kills. Or cheap ones.

7 out of 10

Story - The story may have its twist, and sometimes the plot does not change, but adds levels of random villians of the list to kill. The game plays a role into messing with your emotions. The story does make way for a night of killing.

7.5 out of 10

Graphics - Lets just say, Way better then the original. The editing part is where I was pissed. The scenes of death were entertaining. The AO ban, which made the screen filter death scenes, made the game a little less enjoyable.

8 out of 10

Rent or Buy - Rent this one.

Halo 3 gets a 7 out of 10. I'm done with the Halo series.

I will review the PS3 version of Assassin's Creed very soon. I gave it up to play Mass Effect.

Last edited by Northeastmonk; 11-29-2007 at 12:59 PM.
Northeastmonk is offline   Reply With Quote