View Single Post
Old 10-01-2005, 08:46 AM   #49
Alucard

And now comes my special reviewing thread...noone has one of these and I will be the FIRST to do one.. I shall dub it....60 SECOND FAST MONEY REVIEW GAME!!!!!!!! I basically stuff up games I remember fondly but with very little detail cause I'm a retard, and give it a quick little paragraph. Since its not good enough to earn its own post, I'll throw in a bunch of games real quick. These games are a GO PLAY THE EMULATOR type ones. FIRSTLY!

Dragon riders of Pern

Based off the book series, this was a total text game, with an arcade level in it. This was a very good game, alot of depth really and very political based. Heres a screen!!

Each section branched off into more sections and you could do ALOT of crap. This is the sort of stuff us 10 year olds grew up with. Games where you needed to THINK hard. Another reason we mocked the hell out of the NES people As you can see above, the guy has no prospects for marriage. So you basically were trying to take over the land, and there was an arcade style element to it, in the following screen...

Fly the dragon around and destroy the 'threads' before they hit the ground. The game was excellent. Very tricky and just immersive. C64 only. I rate it...8/10!!!

Dropzone!

Sidescroller horizontal style. You play this astronaught in some little jetpack, and you can turn either left or right and float about the moon shooting at little alien sprites. The aim of the gamne, rescue the retard little men on the surface by landing on them to pick them up, then dropping them off back at your base. Very simple, but oh so fun! Zzap! gave it 95%! At the time its definately deserved since its a great game and I'd love to give it a 9, but I'll toss an 8 at it. Maybe because its been so long since I played it. But it was DAMN good. Screen! C64 only, no Amiga version.

DRUID!!

Ok this game is BLOODY BRILLIANT. You're a happy little druid and you go around killing stuff and getting powerups/different attacks etc. You could summon golums to help you etc, and there was even a co-op mode. Pretty good for 1986! But yeah, I cant recall too much aside from it really was a brilliant game. Pretty hard, like MOST C64 games, but very technical in how you use your powers. You could cycle through them and use them on the enemy that would get the most benefit. Say you used fire, shooting a fireball at a monster and it took 5 to kill him, but a water ball would kill it in 2 hits. You'd have to refill them as you went etc. Great game. Zzap gave it 88%, I give it 9/10! C64 only!

Powers are at the top, even death magic. Thats you, the blue thing, but its the back of the druid so you dont see his handsome bearded face. Below you is a NASTY cockroach of DOOM! There was a sequel made but I never got my hands on it.

WARHAWK

Another BRILLIANT shoot-em-up! Not much to say really. MAde in 1986, good graphics, great music, great game, just great, loved it. 9/10!!! C64 only.

Wheelchair Football

Honestly, its better not to ask. I dont think I should grade it because...well... Its just funny. Soccer game done differently!

Impossible Mission

Another GENIUS game from the developer EPYX, who rock. This game was just damn addictive. You're a guy who zips about the platform levels in a lift and goes into seperate rooms to find something that helped you complete the stage. You could search desks, computers, toilets, etc. All the while needing to dodge the enemies. Game was HARD and awesome, and they made a sequel which I never got to play either. Game was brilliant, Zzap gave it 95% I give it 10/10!! C64 only!

Those yellow bits at the bottom? They're little mini lifts in the room that go up and down. Fall in the hole, DIE! It was very easy to DIE in this game... Stay a while....Staaay fooreveeeerr!!!!!!!

OK I'm done since I've got a headache. In my next foray of reviews, sometime in the near distant future, I plan to focus entirely on my rpg memories. I may end up doing a QUICK REVIEW style like this for them though since its hard to say too much about them. Excellent games! I hope you enjoyed my SPAM!
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote