View Single Post
Old 02-06-2018, 09:30 PM   #13
Drunken Savior
El Psy Kongroo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nem View Post
For example, Heroes of the storm from blizzard is free and has the same level of quality and content support.
Heroes of the Storm doesn't let you have the whole roster of characters from the start. You have to pay for them or earn them through loot boxes. That's why there's no upfront cost for HOTS, because you have to pay to unlock gameplay...or spend hundreds of hours playing it to unlock all the gameplay.

Overwatch lets you have access to the entire swath of gameplay from the start. All the heros, all the maps, all the modes. Past and future gameplay.

Not the same. And that's not even getting into the fact that Overwatch and Heroes of the Storm aren't even the same type of game. The only similarity is that they both have characters with specific skill sets. But comparing the two games would be like saying that Counterstrike is like League of Legends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nem
I also don't think that because i don't let myself be scammed i am somehow "out of touch" with the market.
No, it's because you obviously don't know why one game is F2P and one game isn't. It's not rocket science. If Overwatch was a full price game and then made you unlock/pay for gameplay then yes, I'd agree with you.

But that isn't the case. And I've been saying that for days now. You can't claim to be woke on a topic and yet not even know the games you're discussing.

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4

Last edited by Drunken Savior; 02-06-2018 at 10:01 PM.
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote