View Single Post
Old 01-15-2018, 08:52 AM   #7
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

It's been a few years since I've played an Assassin's Creed game but you soon full back into things. This one is on a much smaller scale then the previous couple (Black Flag/III) the whole game takes in Paris with only a couple of trips outside. The game is decent but because of the smaller scale is does get repetitive because the whole things takes place on the streets only and it seems like you are always running around the same areas. I didn't do most of the side missions because I didn't really have the urge to but I did do the murder mystery ones with involve searching a crime scene, examining the clues and picking the guilty party which was interesting. Every few sequences there was a extra bit where you were transported in time for example climbing Effiel Tower while getting attacked by WWII fighters planes. This bits were interesting but were very short and mainly involved in getting from A to B and that's about it.

Like the Assassin's Creed series I'm way behind on the Atelier series. Finally getting to the last PS3 game in the series. This is one has interesting characters and story and I enjoyed my time with it but it has it's own problems. This is the first time in a while where the time limits in the series have been removed but it's still built like there should be one (a late decision maybe). However because the time limit isn't there the game seems really easy because you can take as much time as you want to meet the goals, the series has never been about fighting monsters and with the time limits gone you can breeze through the game with ease. I never even broke a sweet even with the final boss. I enjoyed soaking in the story though as they explains the secrets from the last three games.

This one is part walking simulator, part stealth shooter. The story is good but it's the kind of game you need to be wide awake to play you need to read every document and listen closely to the speaking to get the whole story. It was a little slow at times but well worth the time if you into mysteries and trying to figure out what's going on before it's revealed.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote