View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 05:23 PM   #3
Drunken Savior
Games Beaten: 5
Unique Games Beaten: 5
Platforms: PC: 5

1. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (2013) (PC) - January 27 - My favorite Assassin's Creed game so far. Really loved how well they respected the history of the Pirates during the Golden Age of Piracy and how they weaved the story. And the ship combat was fun. Really excited for Ubisoft's upcoming pirate game now, too. Game barely taxed my PC too, I was able to hike up ALL the effects to max and it never dipped under 60fps. Tons of thick volumetric smoke during ship fights with splinters and rubble everywhere. Awesome.
2. Rise of the Tomb Raider (2015) (PC) - February 3 - Aiight. Not as memorable as the first one, and super easy. Up the difficulty from the start. 'Tomb Raider' is default and it's easy mode. 'Season Raider' should have been default and normal, with 'Survivor' being hard mode and 'Extreme Survivor' being the hardest. I think the main reason it didn't feel memorable was that the story was kind of meh...
3. Alien: Isolation (2014) (PC) - March 11 - Probably the best Aliens game ever. Amazing sound design and music. Amazing game throughout, even with the subpar last half of the 3rd act. Played it on hard blind and was amazed at how good this was! If you are thinking of playing this, play it on hard mode! It'll beat your ass a little at first, but if you're crafty and conserve your items/weapons, you'll be fine. Also, fuck those androids! I can deal with the Alien just fine...but the androids? Forget about it!
4. Dishonored (2012) (PC) - March 15 - Fun stealth game with an amazing art direction that I loved. Story was decent, and moved pretty fast, which I liked. I thought it was too short, but it took me 20 hours to beat, so that's not too bad. Normal difficulty is stupid easy if you're a stealth veteran like myself. Glad I finally got around to this one, maybe it's time to look at the sequel too.
5. Doki Doki Literature Club (2016) (PC) - March 16 - Virtual Novel where cute anime girls in a book club fight over you and will do anything to have them become YOUR anime waifu!

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4

Last edited by Drunken Savior; 03-17-2018 at 11:06 PM.
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote