View Single Post
Old 11-30-2016, 12:01 PM   #5
Rubeus

Gameblog.fr - Nov 28, 2016
Score: 90
Final Fantasy XV carries within it the stigma of a chaotic project. Its open-world is huge but quite empty. Its fights dynamic but sometimes confusing. Its story grandiloquent, but somewhat bumped. Often, the spectacular meets the frustrating, making it a resolutely cleaving title. But if underlining all this is legitimate, do not forget the essentials: the four heroes of FFXV are among the most human characters in the history of video games, the last shot of the game making them immortal. Noctis, Gladio, Prompto, Ignis, thank you for this trip. Thanks to you, Final Fantasy is standing up again!

XGN - Nov 30, 2016
Score: 85
You played Final Fantasy and wanted this new installment in hopes of nostalgic experiences? Well forget about that, because Final Fantasy XV is one completely different kind of game in a positive way. It definitely is a great experience.

IGN Spain - Nov 28, 2016
It hurts to say it, but Final Fantasy XV is not the masterpiece we've been waiting a decade for. It is a title that possesses many virtues, but it is far from achieving the perfection of which we all dreamed.

3DJuegos - Nov 28, 2016
Fantasy comes true, emotions triumph over reality. Final Fantasy XV is a game with the best and the worst design ideas, but it has something that never gives up: courage, love and work. You will be able to love it, to hate it, but it's someway different, brave and special. Play it and feel it. More words are not necessary.

Vandal Online - Nov 28, 2016
A great game that succeeds in transforming the formula into an open-world, real-time action game. It has its flaws, but it will engage thanks to its graphics and spectacular combats. A new path for a series that is still relevant after 30 years.

Stevivor - Nov 28, 2016
While I may not think of this personally as a true Final Fantasy title, that doesn’t make it any less of a good game. Despite all my above quibbles, I still haven’t been able to put the controller down for any longer than it takes to visit the bathroom or refuel my needy human body.

Game Informer - Nov 28, 2016
Final Fantasy XV is unlike any RPG or open-world experience I’ve played before. It succeeds and struggles in finding its unique stance, but a few problematic designs don’t hold it back from being a hell of a journey. Just days after playing it, I find myself reflecting on it fondly. The thoughts of that damn car are recessed and blanketed by Noctis’ journey and some of the stunning moments that unfolded within it. I wasn’t a fan of Final Fantasy XIII’s sequels, but I hope Square returns with another XV or a similarly designed sequel to iron out the rough spots. There’s a solid foundation here that begs to be explored further.

The Games Machine - Nov 30, 2016
Score: 83
The scars of a long and difficult development are clearly visible in the confusing plot and in the poor battle system. The game is spectacular and the open world area is well built, but it's not enough to bring FF XV to the top of JRPGs.

IGN - Nov 28, 2016
Score: 82
There is so much good here, so much heart - especially in the relationships between Noctis and his sworn brothers. It just comes with some changes and compromises that were, at times, difficult for this long-time Final Fantasy fan to come to grips with.

RPG Site - Nov 28, 2016
Score: 80
Final Fantasy XV brings back some of what made FF special to begin with - it's bold and brave, throwing caution to the wind to try to make a statement about what big budget Japanese RPGs can be going forwards. It's rough around the edges, but that's okay: where it counts, it's got plenty of heart.

The Daily Dot - Nov 28, 2016
Final Fantasy XV overcomes its narrative lows with gameplay highs that consume the player's time with engrossing optional quests and frenetic battles. As a whole, it does not represent the best in the series, but it delivers just enough to deserve a place in the mainline series, which is an achievement for a game that originated as a Final Fantasy XIII spin-off.

Meristation - Nov 28, 2016
Certainly a different Final Fantasy, a mix of good, bad and puzzling decisions in a very fine production which makes for an interesting package.

USgamer - Nov 28, 2016
I was really skeptical that Final Fantasy XV could ever be successful; but despite some real flaws, it ultimately won me over. I warmed to the characters over the course of many camping trips, found more than I was expecting in the open world, and even enjoyed the bombastic set-pieces. I have no doubt that it will be harshly criticized in some circles, but it also has some real merit. Stick with it even if you find yourself rolling your eyes at the opening hours: You may be surprised by how much you end up enjoying yourself.

VideoGamer - Nov 28, 2016
Final Fantasy XV is about adventure and excitement. There are oddities, and it's not the FF you're used to, but it's a good time with some good boys, and has an unexpected emotional resonance to it. Sometimes it seems like it shouldn't work, but it does.

GameSpot - Nov 28, 2016
One of the first things you see when you boot up the game is this claim "A Final Fantasy for fans and first-timers." It's a strange statement; fans can't agree on what makes a good Final Fantasy game, and who knows why newcomers shied away from the series in the past. It's been a long ten years since Final Fantasy XV was first revealed, and tastes have changed in the meantime. While it's safe to assume fans and outsiders will find some aspect of Final Fantasy XV disappointing--be it the shallow story or finnicky Astrals--it would be hard for anyone to deny that Final Fantasy XV is a fascinating game after giving it a chance. Where its characters fail to impress, Final Fantasy XV's beautiful world and exciting challenges save the day.

IGN Italia - Nov 30, 2016
Score: 79
This isn't probably the Final Fantasy you were expecting, nevertheless it's one worth your time. it is far from being a perfect game, mainly because of a terrible second half, but it succeeds where other Final Fantasy have failed: bringing the saga into the modern era.

Areajugones - Nov 29, 2016
Score: 75
Square Enix has not been able to claim the throne with Final Fantasy XV. This videogame has lights but also shadows, like having the name of Final Fantasy, which is a huge responsibility, and also shows why not every videogame is meant to have an open world.

JeuxActu - Nov 29, 2016
Score: 75
It would have been very surprising if Final Fantasy XV were a wonderful game, when everybody knows what it came through. And each of its positives seems to have a counterpart that prevent this new entry from being a masterpiece.

Metro GameCentral - Nov 28, 2016
Score: 60
Destined to be as divisive as all modern Final Fantasy games, but it’s the story and characters that disappoint more than the capable combat and exploration.
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote