PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone NES still work?

Black Ace
08-22-2002, 04:25 PM
I haven't played NES in a long time. Perhaps 8 years, I still have it as a collection, but it doesn't work.

Kid0_oIcarus
08-22-2002, 04:49 PM
Heh, mine still works :p

But, some games it has problems with.. (You have to keep resetting in order to finally be able to play.. else all you see is a grey or blue (!!) screen.. or sometimes it's green or black.. you get the picture.. :D)

Nindalf
08-23-2002, 05:13 AM
Yep

Vicviper
08-23-2002, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Kid0_oIcarus
Heh, mine still works :p

But, some games it has problems with.. (You have to keep resetting in order to finally be able to play.. else all you see is a grey or blue (!!) screen.. or sometimes it's green or black.. you get the picture.. :D)

Nothing a vigorous cleaning with a Q-tip and alcohol won't fix. I swear if one of my NES games doesn't boot up the 1st time I try I swab it with a Q-tip and alcohol and Presto! just like brand new

xXx Beaver xXx
08-24-2002, 07:45 AM
My dad sold our NES in a garage sale (yard sale?) :crying: .

It was our first console, and in mint condition, loved that gun!

I sooo regret that sale. :crying:
I might go on Ebay and buy one just now :crying: .

But we got that brand new!

Well, the past is the past! :(

- Triple X Beaver :spinface:

Vash
08-25-2002, 01:50 AM
Problem with NES is:

They were manufactured very poorly. When nintendo designed this thing they did it in a hurry (took them 5 months which was entirely to short) because Sega's Master System was already out and selling pretty well. they used very cheap parts (the contacts in the console are just plain horrible) which is why u have to constantly re-seat the cartridges.

oh and to answer your question ... no. but thats what Emulation is for.

Necro ??
08-25-2002, 05:44 AM
Good ol emulation. Where would my gaming life be without you? :D

Dr.Nick Riviera
09-01-2002, 10:37 PM
yep it still works ! but I still use NEStron just cause it makes it easy 4 me 2 play nes games

WINDJAMMERS
09-07-2002, 11:43 AM
Mine broke, but I still have it and a lot of old games.

Kid0_oIcarus
09-10-2002, 04:17 PM
Which ones? If there are some I want- I call dibs!

crazytaxinext
09-11-2002, 09:26 AM
Who knows. I sold mine a year or two ago.

vherub
09-23-2002, 11:43 PM
I still bust out my nes from time to time for a quick game of contra, tecmo super bowl, pro wrestling, tyson's punch-out, ice hockey (4 fat guys only way to play)
doesnt boot up every now and then, that qtip sounds interesting but you have to go with the tried and true blowing on the cartridge and then slamming it down right on the edge where its almost slotted in
emulation just isnt the same, its like playing a tape when the cds right there

Zakko
09-26-2002, 11:19 PM
I still have my NES and still working good. I have more than 15 games for it! But my little brother is hiding it from me! Because he want to wake up all night and playing it in his room! HOW SELFISH!:too mad:

MaJiN-ChRiS
09-29-2002, 06:23 AM
Mine's broke:(

I loved playing Turtle's!

Zakko
10-01-2002, 01:47 AM
Sorry to hear that but my brother loves Turtle's games too!:)

cartman414
10-25-2002, 05:41 AM
Hey Zakko, long time no see! It's Terra from the old Swan Song board! Hmmm, your view towards Nintendo has seemingly calmed quite a bit. Anyway, guess what I just got? A 2nd model Famicom, which resembles the NES top loader released here, only it has an AV multi-out port rather than a crusty old RF out port! Oh, and I do also have a converter for playing US NES games. And it only set me back about $40, since I got it from the sparsely populated Bidville! Pretty sweet, eh?

Beam
11-04-2002, 04:19 PM
sadly my old nes kicked the bucket,but my nes 2 works like new i've never had a problem with it ;P