PDA

View Full Version : Ninja Gaiden.. when will I see you again?

Kid0_oIcarus
04-21-2002, 04:19 PM
Do you think Tecmo will bring us the next Ninja Gaiden first? Or at all?

dvdjedi
04-22-2002, 01:54 AM
They haven't officially announced what system(s) it will appear on but they will at E3. The rumor is that the Xbox will be getting it.

Black Ace
04-22-2002, 04:00 AM
I heard that it was coming out for all concoles, GameCube first though, then you can expect a PS2 and Xbox version later. Tecmo said that most of Ninja Gaiden fans are still playing Nintendo systems, since the series debuted on NES. I don't think it wise to make it exclusive for one console based on a business perspective when you can released it acrossed every system and make three times as much profit.

With that being said, I'd say a GameCube is expected to be revealed at the upcoming E3 event. I can't wait for its unveiling and many titles in the long run as well, especially Zelda, Metroid and Mario.

Kid0_oIcarus
04-22-2002, 08:45 AM
Reason I asked is that Tecmo saw fit to announce Rygar for the PS2, I don't have a problem with that.. I just ahave a problem with them not annoucing it as coming to the 'cube as well.. which I'd like it to.

Pikachu
04-22-2002, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Kid0_oIcarus
Reason I asked is that Tecmo saw fit to announce Rygar for the PS2, I don't have a problem with that.. I just ahave a problem with them not annoucing it as coming to the 'cube as well.. which I'd like it to.

There are two different Ninja Gaiden games, one is the action beat'em up in the arcade, one is just a pure action game on the NES. Which one are you guys talking about? Personally I'd love to see a sequel to the NES version, I don't care about the arcade version.

Pdaimaoh
04-22-2002, 11:08 PM
I like the arcade way more than the NES versions
but the NES game is alright, too

in an older interview, the man behind Ninja Gaiden 3D said he wants it to be simple and fun

strangely enough, in a prior interview not regarding ninja gaiden, they asked him what he thought of consoles, and he said he thought the Gamecube would best do a simple yet fun game....

then again, a tecmo rep said that EGM was going to have to retract their old statement that Rygar was coming to PS2, yet here we are at a Press Release mentioning not 'and PS2' but so far 'JUST ps2'

so who knows where the decisions are being pulled from?

Kid0_oIcarus
04-24-2002, 12:55 PM
I've never played the arcade version.. sounds like it'd be good. I only played the NES versions.

Yeah there was even a poll on Tecmo's website that asked which console they wanted the next Ninja Gaiden game to come out for- and the Gamecube won by a landslide..

I just want to play in on my 'cube.. and not have it be a bad/rushed port.

I also want Rygar on my cube- but I want Ninja Gaiden more.

Pdaimaoh
04-24-2002, 06:41 PM
first off, go check out www.mame.net
it's a Multi Arcade Machine Emulator
and you can get 'illegal' roms around the net (probably shouldn't ask for them here, but search on google will hook you right up)

one of the FEW THOUSAND arcade roms that works in MAME is the original Ninja Gaiden arcade game! and you don't even need a powerful computer to be able to use it

look for MAME32, the 'windows' version of MAME, it has a really nice and easy to use interface (over the oldschool DOS command line, unless you like that sort of thing)

regarding that poll, the funny thing is that it was hit by a script for the gamecube and the xbox to add votes, and the votes are far larger than almost any other poll or even regular hits on the site
granted they were advertised on other sites (ign, for example) but the really funny part is PRIOR to the script hacks, the Gamecube was still leading high

Ninja Gaiden means nothing to people who started gaming as children on a PSX

Ninja Gaiden is REMEMBERED most by those who actually played it, meaning they had access to an older nintendo machine or an old arcade

Tifa's Knight
04-24-2002, 10:48 PM
I don't want a 3D Ninja Gaiden on any system.

Kid0_oIcarus
05-21-2002, 08:34 AM
*cough* *wheeze*

Master!! I've come from the vault bearing terrible news. Another of our shining jewels has been taken!! I fought valiantly- but was overcome. *catches breath* You must stop this evil at all costs!! *gasp* Forgive me...

/me dies