PDA

View Full Version : FINAL FANTASY CORNER!!!?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Penance
07-18-2002, 05:36 PM
Haven't been here a while. Looks like FFC finally reached 500 posts!

hootie17
07-19-2002, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by Penance
Haven't been here a while. Looks like FFC finally reached 500 posts!

FF is arguably the best series of games ever created, it brought RPG's to a new level, and to a newer, more broad range of people to come and play, it is the most perfect any set of games have steadally been.

Overlord
07-19-2002, 04:21 AM
Final Fantasy VII did bring RPG's mainstream. But it wasn't the best FF, IMO. FF is a great series.

hootie17, make sure you check out the 2 pics on pg.33. You won't be mad over the "Chick showing her tan lines" thingy any more.

And if you didn't hear me the last time, FFXII ISN'T ONLINE!

Have a nice day.

hootie17
07-19-2002, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Overlord
...You won't be mad over the "Chick showing her tan lines" thingy any more.

And if you didn't hear me the last time, FFXII ISN'T ONLINE!

Have a nice day.

thanx i will have a nice day and i wasn't that mad bout the chick tan lines thing, come to think of it, i wonder if i really can post p0rn on a thread>?

hmm....

(kidding)

hootie17
07-20-2002, 12:16 AM
i finally saw the pics on page 33, although i am impressed, i never knew we could post those kind of things

chachiangel
07-21-2002, 05:20 AM
well, i'm back... looks like i missed the 500th post in ffc. well i'm sure i'll be here for the 1000th.

sooo,... what did i miss? whats all this talk about tan lines?

i'm glad that ffxii will be off-line but i hope they don't abandon ffxi after ffxii comes out. i hope they keep a team working on ffxi to keep it running and keep improving it until there's like 4 people still playing. when that happens they should start the next online game.

by the way overlord, i started ffix but didn't get too far yet. hows ffvii going?

hootie17
07-21-2002, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by chachiangel

sooo,... what did i miss? whats all this talk about tan lines?

as for the tan lines, OL played a very bad practical joke on us, the pictures description was "a cute chick showing off her tan lines" of somthin liek that, and it turned out to be literally a chicken with burn marks in the shape of a bikini.

i cried...

lol

Overlord
07-21-2002, 08:12 PM
http://www.the-magicbox.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=583

Theres my infamous thread on the matter. Nice to see you back. My cousin was over yesterday. And he stayed over. Thats why I wasn't on the boards much yesterday. I also made a new wallpaper for my comp in Photoshop. Pretty good. I'll see if I can upload it.

I played mostly GT3 yesterday. Still a lot of things that I have to finish. I should be getting back to FFVII today. I'm not sure if I'll be able to get FFIX tomorrow. Not sure what I'll be up to.

chachiangel
07-22-2002, 03:21 PM
so i've been playing ffix. its pretty good so far, my only complaints are little things. like the battle menus covering too much so you can't see who you're targeting and dumb stuff like that. there's alot more movie portions than ffviii which is nice too and vivi the black mage is awesome. i also like the abillity system, i works like the gf learning system in ffviii. another complaint is that there aren't that many moogle save points, so you might get really far and not be able to save before a big battle, then die, and have to redo the last hour that you played.:angry:

that chick showing her tan lines is hilarious!

ps- it smells like rotting cat food at my work:crazy:

hootie17
07-23-2002, 02:05 AM

so i've been playing ffix. its pretty good so far, my only complaints are little things. like the battle menus covering too much so you can't see who you're targeting and dumb stuff like that. there's alot more movie portions than ffviii which is nice too and vivi the black mage is awesome. i also like the abillity system, i works like the gf learning system in ffviii. another complaint is that there aren't that many moogle save points, so you might get really far and not be able to save before a big battle, then die, and have to redo the last hour that you played.:angry:

that chick showing her tan lines is hilarious!

ps- it smells like rotting cat food at my work:crazy:

FFIX is amazing, the card game alone kept me busy of at least 100hrs, as for the save points, they are there, u just got to kno where to look, and if your liek me and completly overprepare for each battle, the boos fights should be a sinch.
as for your work smelling liek cat food, where do u work>?

chachiangel
07-23-2002, 05:37 AM
i work for powells.com and no one is really sure where the cat food smell is coming from...

dont get me wrong i'm having alot of fun playing, and alot of cool plot points are keeping me happy. i was just saying that there's only a few minor problems with a few things. there's been more moogles lately and i'm getting more spells for vivi & dagger. i've only finished disc one so far which only took me a two nights of playing to do. i'm not really getting into the card game yet but i haven't played it much and i'm not a big fan of card games in general. i'll try more later.

Overlord
07-23-2002, 03:07 PM
What stores are around your work? The smell might be coming from a differant store. How is it today?

FFIX does sound more tempting now. Is two nights what you expexted to finish the first disk in Or is it a little less? I heard that the game is really easy. Finding Save Points shouldn't be a big problem then...

I see that you finally got your avatar uploaded. What do you think of mine? It's only a temp Avatar for now.

chachiangel
07-23-2002, 03:14 PM
i guess they got the problem fixed. i've been trying every day and i finally worked yesterday. weird. muppets love to cook!

as for ffix. i'm having alot of fun and vivi is becoming one of my favorite ff characters. you could probably take a little more time on the first disc and level up more but i kinda blew through it.

as for the cat food smell, i guess it could be the coffee roaster up the street, but they usually smell like burnt cookies.

Overlord
07-23-2002, 03:24 PM
If you noticed, I'm using the same subject title for all my posts now. It's my new thing. I also noticed that in some forums, your sigs doesn't show up.. I don't why though.

They had the Avatar prob fixed yesterday. I can't wait make a new one. I might bring back the dancing mage for a while though.

I was talking to ATMA earlier today. Thru MSN IM. He's going to a Developer today, to ask some questions about the industry. He also said that he saw my new avatar. I don't know how though. Since I uploaded it yesterday, and he was here the day before only...

I might not get FFIX this week. Since it would be kinda a pointless. I'm leaving for a vacation on Thursday. And I'll be gone for a little over 2 weeks. And I won't have the chance to play the game. I might not even come to the boards during that time. We'll see though.

chachiangel
07-23-2002, 03:35 PM
you should try to check in to the boards at least a couple times... where are you going on vacation?

i don't know what's up with my sig... its there sometimes but not all the time. i checked my settings and it should be showing up. i guess if you fix one thing, something else has to break... you know, "cause & effect."

you should probably wait to get ffix until you get back. you probably don't want to get into a game and then have to leave...

what developer is atma going to?

Overlord
07-23-2002, 03:42 PM
I'm going to New Zealand. I haven't been there before. It should be a good trip.

I'll see if I can come here. I know my cousin has a computer. We'll see. It'll be the first time I haven't been to the boards for such a long time. It will be differant.

Yeah, I'll get FFIX after I get back. ATMA didn't say where he's going, and he doesn't know himself either. He's just going with one of his cousins.

I thikn our sigs will only show up once per page.. Thats what it looks like.

What progress did you make yesterday. Remeber I haven't played the game yet. So don't put any spoilers.

chachiangel
07-23-2002, 04:06 PM
i finished disc one and barely stared disc two last night, most of my characters are around level 15 (4 characters in main party) or level 11 (3 characters in alternate party.) although i don't really really like one of the characters. its the big fat clown looking one named quina. to goofy looking for a ff game imo.

are you into lord of the rings? are you going to go to where they filmed anything? new zealand is a really pretty place, i wish i was going....

that sig thing is weird.

Overlord
07-23-2002, 04:14 PM
FFIX is the game where Square went back to it's roots. Thats why the game has Chibi characters and a light hearted story. Quina does look weird though.

I'am a fan of Lord Of The Rings. But I doubt that I'll visit the set. I don't even know where it is. It's funny because ATMA suggested the very same thing this morning. Are you a fan?

The sig thing is pretty weird. I spent a lot of time in it.

chachiangel
07-23-2002, 07:25 PM
i am a pretty big lotr fan. i read the books alot my whole life and i think the movies so far look great!! we'll see how they do with gollum though...

ffix does kinda have the feel of older rpgs. it looks like ffxi will be more like ffix with a little tactics thrown in which sounds like fun. i can't wait till next year.i think i'm definately going to be a taru taru black mage so i can look more like vivi. i'll have to be a theif too though, ff just ain't the same without theivery!!

Overlord
07-23-2002, 07:34 PM
Hey, I just got back from my haircut.

You're so right! Stealing is one of the best abilities in FF games. I always try and have someone with it in my party. I didn't use it as much in FFX like I did in some other games though. Did you like the bribing in FFX?

Did you like FFT? You'll love FFXII even more now.

chachiangel
07-23-2002, 07:52 PM
bribing was ok... i think i would have liked it more if it didn't cost so much. but it was a good idea, they should definately use it again. i used steal quite a bit in ffx. almost every battle, because rikku was my strongest character. i gave tidus & yuna steal & use early in the game too.

i haven't played tactics yet... i own it but its next on my list of stuff to play. i didn't play it sooner because it didn't really seem like a ff game, but i've heard alot of good things about it and i want to use the job system before i play ffxi.

Overlord
07-23-2002, 08:01 PM
<br /><font face="arial,helvetica" size="1" class="sf"><FONT Color="darkblue" size="1"><b>+__Overlord___/ __/ _/</b><br />
<font color="646464"><b>___________________________________</b><br /><br />
<b><FONT color="000000">:: <a href="http://mb.vgdirectory.com/forum/index.php" target="_blank"><FONT Color="darkblue">MagicBox Forums</a> <FONT color="000000">:: <FONT color="dark-blue">Moderator <FONT color="000000">:: <FONT Color="darkblue">| <FONT color="000000">:: <FONT Color="darkblue"><a href="mailto:ShankerX@Hotmail.com"><FONT Color="darkblue">Overlord</a> <FONT color="000000">:: <FONT Color="darkblue">| <FONT color="000000">:: <FONT Color="darkblue"><a href="http://mb.vgdirectory.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=254" target="_blank"><FONT Color="darkblue">Interesting Facts</a> <FONT color="000000">::</b><br />
<font color="646464"><b>___________________________________</b><br />
<FONT size="1" color="000000"><b>-"<FONT color="4B4B4B">That flash video poses some very interesting questions. Those breasts are amazing.<FONT color="000000">"</b><FONT Color="darkblue"><b>- Vash</b>
<FONT size="1" color="#000000"><b>-Per-fec-tion:</b> <FONT color="969696"><b>-noun- <FONT color="646464">an exemplification of supreme excellence b : an unsurpassable degree of accuracy or excellence</b> <b><FONT color="000000">(</b><FONT color="646464"><b>see also:</b> <i><FONT color="darkblue"><b>Overlord? </font></i><Font color="000000">)</b>
<FONT color="dark-blue"><b>-Microsoft Works</b> <FONT color="646464"><b>- Oxymoron!</b>
<a href="http://leet.legendsalliance.com/features/blackmage.lgif"><FONT color="darkblue"><b>-Black Mage!</b></a> <FONT color="646464"><b>- My 8-bit Theatre Character</b></font>

They should have it so you can only bribe for really good stuff. Since it costs so much. Not and awful idea though. You can get way more items in one bribe then you can get in one steal.

You should really play FFT. You'll be hooked in no time! I was also a little resistence at first. Since it was differant, and hard in the beginning. But after you learn the game mechanics, it's a really fun game.

Sorry if this stretches the screen. But I wanted to show you how my sig looks behind the posts. This page is almost over anyway.

chachiangel
07-23-2002, 08:09 PM
what is all that gibberish?? is that your sig??

i don't think ffix will take me too long so i can start fft soon...

Overlord
07-23-2002, 08:16 PM
Gibberish? I'm guessing that you don't much about HTML? Yeah it is my sig. It didn't long to write up as it looks.

I don't think FFIX is that long. But you should still expext like 50-100 hours.

chachiangel
07-23-2002, 10:22 PM
no not much html...

i'm liking ffix but i kinda wanna start fft soon. i might blow through ffix and come back and spend more time on it later.

Overlord
07-23-2002, 11:22 PM
Yeah, that might be a good idea. FFT is amazing. You can always go back and do the sidequests in FFIX.

100 posts!!

chachiangel
07-23-2002, 11:26 PM
quick run on ffix then fft then back to ffix then ffvii then ffchronicles then ffanthology. and probably by then ffxi!

did you get all that?

Overlord
07-23-2002, 11:35 PM
Who did what with the what now? I think I get it. Play CT after FFIX and FFT. You won't regret.

You probably will be playing Zelda by then. FFXI after wards.

hootie17
07-24-2002, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Overlord
Who did what with the what now? I think I get it. Play CT after FFIX and FFT. You won't regret.

You probably will be playing Zelda by then. FFXI after wards.

alothough i am hardcore FF, i believe that will not be playing FFXI, mostly b/c of the cost of the hardware, it is not that i don't wanna play it, it is just that i don't have that kind of money, thats all.

chachiangel
07-24-2002, 06:27 PM
i've been trying to login all morning. i kept getting a 404 page.

anyway, hootie17- i think the total setup cost for the game is going to be-

$40 network adapter
$80 hdd
$60 game

thats like (counts fingers) $180. if you think about it you'll probably end up having to by the hdd & network adapter sooner or later. so you should just get each piece when you can afford it and get the game after you have the other two. ffxi will probably be active for at least three years(hopefully longer) so you have plenty of time to get everything.

overlord- i forgot about zelda & sunshine & metroid & i found out they're making a metroid game for the gba thats 2-d and made by the same people as super metroid(one of my all-time favorite games.) (ponders 38 hour day.)but when ffxi comes out i'll have to play it immediately.
and if i don't talk to you before you leave... have fun in NZ!!

chachiangel
07-24-2002, 07:45 PM
i just read that nintendo will release a mario sunshine/game cube bundle with a memory card for $189.

Overlord
07-25-2002, 09:27 AM
<---- First of all, what do guy's think of my new title?

I've also been getting a lot of 404's lately. You can't just login in anywhere like you used to. You have login from the main page. I was recently trying to change my sig from all HTML to vB code. But I couldn't get the font right. I'll find a way. Though it's pretty useless, I'll be able able to use my sig in every post. :D As long as I remember to copy and paste any way.

hootie, dropping $120 for the modem and HD isn't a bad thing. You'll be using it for a lot more then FFXI. And a lot of games will be free. So you can play other games as well as FFXI, while paying for just one game. And yes, this game will have a long life. It'll take time though. And right now, you only need the Modem to play all the PS2 online games for this year. Just give it a try. The greatest risk is not taking one. :P

Hey, did you read the whole thing about the 38 hour day from the beginning? Those were some good times. And thanks for the info on Sunshine. I'll also make sure to get FFIX when I get back!

Try and keep this thread alive while I'm gone. I might make some cameo aperances every once in a while. But they won't be frequent. hootie, you should be a reg in this thread. You know only the cool people at the Magicbox get to hang out here. :cool:

I haven't left yet, but I have start getting ready and stuff in about two hours. So this might be my last post here for a while. Noone else is online right now. Just in case I don't see you guy's later today;

~Farewell.

hootie17
07-25-2002, 03:00 PM
i just read that nintendo will release a mario sunshine/game cube bundle with a memory card for $189.

Bill got that bundle, along with his signature from the crystal meathod.

as for the cost, im still not sure

chachiangel
07-25-2002, 03:22 PM
i'm pretty sure there's going to be like a billion awesome games that use the network adapter. how much have you read about ffxi? if you haven't heard much go to gamefaqs and search for ffxi and go to the messageboard for ffxi there. there's a link called "ffxi messageboard faq please read before posting." it has all the info for the game there. if your a fan of ff you'll want this game. maybe everybody from FFC can get on the same server when the game comes out.

overlord- i think i started the whole 38 hour day thing by complaining about all the games i have to play... (thinks about the good ol days...) have a good trip!(good title, by the way, it's funny because its true.)

(wiggles fingers at hootie.)"you will give your money to sony."

ATMA
07-26-2002, 10:42 AM
Anybody heard anything from the 2 sidestories of FFX Yuna's point of view and Rikku's point of view??

chachiangel
07-26-2002, 01:06 PM
the last thing i read about the rikku/yuna games was in the us playstation mag. they aid that square is still considering releasing them in n.a. since they have only a few titles lined up for n.a. release. everything they wrote about the game itself was just speculation on underwater battles for everyone and using the int sphere grid. anybody else have any more news about this?

how ya been atma? what are your feelings on ffxi? will you be getting when it comes out? overlord said you were heading for japan... are you excited, or what? or are you going to play ffxi while you're there?

chachiangel
07-28-2002, 11:07 AM
look alive people!!
so, i'm about half way through disc 3 on ffix. right now my only complaint is that there's too many characters. i'm a little more interested in the older characters and i just can't get into amarant and i've never really liked quina. i think zidane is one of the best main characters in a ff game(mainly because he acts like han solo, and all he cares about is girls.) if only tidus was this smooth. i just can't take vivi out of my party, the only reason lulu is a better black mage is because...uh....well..... you know.
the story is alot better than ffviii's, there seems to be more character development any way.

what do you guys think of ffix?

ATMA
07-28-2002, 01:29 PM
I'm doing great Chachiangel! How's your gaming life?

My feelings on FFXI well i really don't know yet about FFXI! But i think if i get it i'll get it for the p.c, but i'm gonna buy the broadband thingy anyway for the ps2 i think it will be cool to play Marvel vs Capcom 2 online fighting someone somewhere on this small planet! I think FFXI will do great i just hope they can fix all the probs so that the game will be flawless i've heard from a friend in japan that, first when he saw the pictures of FFXI he wasn't impressed but when he saw the game he was really amazed, I think the hardcore FF gamers will buy the game for sure lets wait and see !!

Yes it's true i'm still saving for Japan i might go in perhaps a few weeks not sure yet!But i'm really excited about this trip and also to see alot of other games that never make it to the other site plus want to experience all the great things japan has to offer like those old Dojo's bet i can get alot of inspiration to draw from these things!!

FFIX:IMO it was a great game i really don't know why alot of people hate it!Like you i also like Zidane alot he's sure is cool and will never take crap from anyone! And what i also like about FFIX is the fantasy feeling in the game i mean i got the artbook and if you see all the arts you'll be amazed and you can also see how all the towns and characters are drawn really fantasy style!And i like the fact that you had 4 character in a battle which is prety good but ofcourse the battlesystem in FFX is the best one i mean changing character and also your weapon and equipment during battles is a great thing i hope we'll see future FF with this option!! And that battle between 2 classic summons ..Baha and ALEX !! What a show !!! Sure FFIX isn't FFVII or FFVI but it sure was a good one!! :cool guy:

chachiangel
07-28-2002, 02:57 PM
i love the look of ffix. i work for an online book store but we don't have "the art of..." book in stock right now, so i'll keep an eye out for it. i agree that the battle system in ffx is the best battle system in an rpg tha t i've played. i keep wishing i could trade out characters in ffix in almost every battle, that way i could balance everyone's levels better and still use all of my favorite characters.
alexander never really looked that cool before in a ff game but he looked so cool and huge in that scene in ffix!! bahumut's always been my fav though. yojimbo from ffx was cool too, too bad you had to pay to see him.

good luck in japan!!

Bookbagninja
07-29-2002, 03:04 AM
FF IX is a great game. The ending is, as always, trippy for a Final Fantasy game... You'll see.

Love the battle system and the card game is the best one they've conjured up. But, this game doesn't have a lot of characters. What characters are you talking about?

Overlord
07-29-2002, 05:35 AM
This is my first Cameo apperance on this thread! Well I'm in New Zealand right now. Not much to say. If you have anything to say/ask, go right ahead. Looks like not much happened since I was gone. I see some old users are back. Where have you been Bookbagninja? And I see that Bill was finally Modded. I know that he'll do a great job. Just wonder what took so long. How do you feel being demodded, ATMA? I haven't been on MSN lately, or online for that matter. So I couldn't IM you. But it's good to see you posting again! Even though it's not as much as the good days. It's a start!

...My sister just e-mailed me, looks like my MSN explorer is finally working again! No more AOHELL!! More good times.

And have you finally played FFVI, ATMA? And what about Xenogears, have you beaten it? I think that FFVII has a very shallow story, and is often over rated. It's something we should discuss in this thread later, sometime. Make sure you play Chrono Trigger!

I already said my piece on FFXI earlier in this thread various times, so I won't repeat anything.

~Overlord

chachiangel
07-29-2002, 11:03 AM
well in ffix there are 8 main characters and at least 3 more characters that you play with for more than one battle. i'm just saying the could have given the blue magic to freya and done away with at least quina and amarant. so far they haven't progressed the story much... just added their own side stories to the mix. but i'm kinda biased because i really hate quina, or as i named him/her, quinard. it may sound like i'm just bashing this game, but its actually one of my favorite ff's that i've played so far... though i still haven't played them all.

what have you been doing in NZ so far overlord? what part are you staying in?

Overlord
08-01-2002, 03:57 AM
Wow, it's been a while. I see that not much has been hapening in FFC lately. And what happened to hootie? I haven't seen him in a while, in any thread. Nice to see that you're progressing in FFIX Chachi. Where are you now? Still hating Quina I see. Is she the one that eats those frogs in the mini-game? I know there one mini-game like that. And whos the person that eats people in the game, is it Quina?

I'm visiting two places on this vacation, New Zealand and Fiji. I spent one day in Fiji in the beginning, and then took a flight here. We're going back there next week though. For about 6 days. First, I stayed in Auckland, for about 12 hours or so. Then I went to aunts house in Ngatea(nagatea?). And stayed there for about 4 days I think. It's a reall nice place. Not a buzy place, just a nice small town. I also went to Rotorua while I was there. It's a place they have guisers(sp?). And it's pretty hot here. It's supposed to be cold. I guess summer's almost here. I heard it was really cold the day before we arived. Lucky us. I'm back in Auckland now, with another aunt. And we're going to stay here till the end of the weekend.

I'll check back in later.

-Overlord.

chachiangel
08-01-2002, 11:15 AM
yeah, i'm still hating her. luckily i'm at a part where i can chose my own party. i always have vivi & zidane, then i chose between dagger & eiko(usually dagger), and steiner & freya(hard to chose between these two, i like them both for different reasons.) quina is the one who eats people, but there's not even a cool animation, just some forks that float around the target and s/he says i no can eat until weaker.:angry: i always end up killing the beast before s/he can eat them.

i'm on the forth disc right now pretty close to the end. i've got my eye on tactics though. how long is tactics?

i just heard gamepro mag said that ffxi will come out this year before christmas. don't know if this is reliable info but i'm still pretty exited about it. it makes sense that square and sony could sell more ffxi games and hdds before christmas than after. although i've also heard sony is having trouble making enough hdds in japan already. don't know if this is reliable either.

sounds like you're having fun in nz... how much longer do you have there? i haven't heard from hootie since you left.

Overlord
08-05-2002, 05:43 AM
Yeah, but isn't there some weapon/armor/ability that lets you eat them from 1/4 HP, instead od 1/8? I'm remember reading about something similar. I can't wait to get this game!

I wonder why ATMA hasn't posted here latley. He's been online the last 2 days. Which is a lot for him. And I think he actually has more posts than me this week!

Still no sign of Hootie, just when he was warming up to the FFC crowd too.

I'm leaving for Fiji on Wedsday, over here. I think I'm coming on Tuesday next week over there.

Sony does have a hard time Making/shipping them. But with the new demand, and the launch of them in the US. They should be making more and faster.

How are you doing in FFIX now? On the fouth disk yet? Any sidequests?

Also check out my new thead (http://www.the-magicbox.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=825) if you have the time. All your answers will be answered!

-Overlord.

xXx Beaver xXx
08-05-2002, 06:12 AM
all questions will be answered, you mean. :D

- Triple X Beaver :spin smil

Overlord
08-05-2002, 06:26 AM
Isn't that what I just said? Since when have you joined the Grammar Patrol?

chachiangel
08-05-2002, 11:14 AM
man... its been a ghost town here...
i like your new thread.you are a genius. you even answered all the joke questions.

well i got to the last boss last night and played him for a few minutes and died. it kinda sucks because you can't save after the second to the last guy. so you have to beat both every time, and watch all the diologue. i've only tried once though. i haven't done many of the side quests yet becuse i want to pass this and play tactics. i beat hades though, which is basically the omega weapon of ffix. i've heard he's the hardest boss in the game.
i think quina's trance called cook makes him/her able to eat things better, which dosen't help too much. i'll probably pass ffix tonight, if i do it early enough, i might start fft.

have fun in fiji.

xXx Beaver xXx
08-06-2002, 09:51 PM
I sure am, I just thought I would point it out for you, as a friendly gesture to you. :D

- Triple X Beaver :spin smil

ATMA
08-07-2002, 10:05 AM
Hades being the Omegaweapon in FFIX? Are you sure? I thought it was OZMA!

chachiangel
08-07-2002, 10:15 AM
maybe he's the ultima weapon. i think after i pass tactics i'll go back and level up and fight ozma in ffix.

i started fft two nights ago. i'm just getting strted on itand i didn't play last night because i got my lord of the rings dvd.

i know you're pretty busy ATMA, but are you playing anything right now?

ATMA
08-07-2002, 10:26 AM
Yep ..once a gamer always a gamer ..I play from time to time and right now i just bought the Cube so even more games to play i have alot to catch up still playing Xenogears,still have to finish megaman battle network and Golden sun on the GBA! And now i got Super smash bros melee and Star Wars on the Cube so i got alot to play but you know ..i ain't got alot of time but i'll finish them!

Ozma:You better start the lvl up thingy in FFIX cause this isn't FFVII or FFVIII!This lvl up system is much much bigger than those! You have to spend alot of time leveling up in FFIX and you need to get some importand items (wich are very difficult to get) so you can collect ARK(the most powerfull eidelon in the FFIX world) And it's good that you've defeated Hades cause because of him you are able to get your ultimate weapons! So you got alot of things to do!
And Zidane is cool huh? He's really a hero right ?

chachiangel
08-07-2002, 11:24 AM
thats my plan. i really want to play tactics and finish it before ffxi comes out. there have been some rumors of it coming out in november of this year!! i don't know how true it is, but i can hope. after tactics i'm going back to ffix to finish side quests and stuff, then probably ff chronicles. then there's all the game cube games that are coming out.... one game at a time. i think zidane & vivi are going to influence my ffxi character alot. i'm going to be a taru-taru black mage/theif. i'll just need to find the right hat!

ATMA
08-07-2002, 05:20 PM
Wow amazing to see that you are allready mentaly preparing yourself for FFXI that's good to hear! A thief/mage character huh?
not bad!For some strange reason i'm looking foward for PSO epi1&2 and not really into FFXI ..don't know why though but to early for me to start thinking aboutFFXI i'll just have to wait and see perhaps when i go to japan i might see PSO and FFXI.But i'm not sure i can play it since it's only japanese but i got the camcorder so i'll defently record them! and call it "ATMA INSIDER":D I'm really curious how FFXI and PSO epi1&2 will perform in the states!! Well time will tell!:big smile

chachiangel
08-07-2002, 06:15 PM
i haven't read up on pso too much yet so i can't really compare the two but i heard the dc one got really bad eventually due to lack of upkeep. i've heard square has been really good about fixing glitches that help people cheat. i check out the gamefaqs ffxi board quite a bit for info. there's a few guys that imported everything and write stories about what they're doing in the game and how everything works. it's really interesting. i don't post over there because some people are pretty harsh and rude but there's alot of info to check out. the more i read the more excited i get. i can't wait to team up with overlord when he gets it.

if(when) you get it (pal?) let us know so we can try to get you on our server. we can all go slay beasts and dragons and ors and stuff to level up. if you want to read up more on how the job stuff works and what you can do, read the editorials over at:

http://www.ffozone.com/

i think i'll be playing this game for a really long time. i don't know if i'll be able to take a break for the new zelda game even.

ATMA
08-09-2002, 10:50 AM
PAL?? Dude please don't use that word with me I HATE THE PAL SYSTEM!The thing is so messed up that nobody knows when Europe will go online there's some rumours that in 2004! Thankgod i got a NTSC/US and a NTSC/JAP version of ps2

So if i get the FFXI i'll be on the US server would be great to join you guys online but i have to keep an eye out for the timezones
But right now i'm not sure about FFXI!Like i said i think i'll try PSO first on the cube!This doesn't mean i will ignore FFXI i'll just keep an eye out for it there are things i need to know first about FFXI

They said FFXI might have a lifespan of 3 yrs or something right ?
Square will keep updating it ..that sounds great but i'm wondering how many $$$$ it will cost! :crazy:

chachiangel
08-09-2002, 01:47 PM
the monthly cost is probably going to be $10 and $0.75 for each additional cahracter you want to have. i know quite a bit about most of the game, so if you have any specific questions, just ask.

thank god yr not stuck with the pal system!! i would hate to be a gamer in europe.

i think ffxi could last for longer than 3yrs. with the monthly fees, they pay people to come up with new quests and gm's to keep peeps from cheating. there's also no pk-ing. square wants to make it fair for everybody. we'll definately let you know which server we're on so you can try to get on the same one. overlord says he might wait a month to get it so they can fix all the bugs in the n.a. version. i can't wait that long though.

as far as hardware goes-

network adapter-$40
hdd-$80(rumored price)
ffxi-$50
keyboard-$25-$30(optional)

and the only thing you won't us for other games is the ffxi disc.

Zod
08-09-2002, 03:48 PM
Is it true that the combo HD/Modem ethernet won't be offered in the US like it is in Japan, and will ony remain as separate components for sale here?

chachiangel
08-12-2002, 11:16 AM
the only thing officially coming out right now is the network adapter. sony is waiting for a reason to release the hdd in the u.s.(more than likely for ffxi.) so i think they will wait to see how well the hdd does in the states before trying out the "na/hdd all in one deal." i don't know why they don't just release them all in one anyway, and skip the seperate releases.

ATMA
08-12-2002, 12:02 PM
Hey Chachie how's it going? How's the gaming life still playing FFIX?

I finally got a taste of Online rpg i've tried the PSO epi 1&2 trailversion for the p.c and it was great i loved it ..to bad it was a trail version that means you have a limit of time that you can be hoocked on the network but it was great i went with a guy from Japan (wich suprisingly his English was very good and he coulda type very fast too) anyway we went on and fought a big dragon at the ende of the stage ..it was amazing cause i was like a gun type character so i had the long range department and he was a ninja type of character so he was good at close range ..and amazing after like 15 min or so we defeated the dragon and that's when you'll be port back to the begining of the stage again so you can do it all over or just stop playing!
But it sure left me with some good hope of online rpg it's very fun and just great to play it and ofcourse now i really want to play FFXI thanks to this i got all pomped up about FFXI i mean comeon Just after you watch Lord of the rings, You can sure make a character kinda like Lord of the rings world ,you know Like LEGOLAS or something!
But i think i'll defently check FFXI and ofcourse PSO but i have to wait and see if i'll get it on the console or P.C i'm not very fund of P.C but who knows!!:cool guy:

chachiangel
08-12-2002, 02:24 PM
if you do decide to go the p.c. route here's what you'll need-

Required:
OS Microsoft Windows 98 / 98 SE / Me / 2000 / XP (Japanese edition)
CPU 800 mhz
128 MB
32 MB Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce series tip/chip loading (The up-to-date driver which has DirectX8.1)
Sound Card with DirectX8.1 compatibility
CD-ROM 4x with 4.5gb (Only at the time of software installation)
56k Internet Connection

Recommended:
OS Microsoft Windows 98 / 98 SE / Me / 2000 / XP (Japanese edition)
CPU 1 ghz
128MB or more
32 MB Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce series tip/chip loading (The up-to-date driver which has DirectX8.1)
Sound Card with DirectX8.1 compatibility
CD-ROM 32x with 4.5gb (Only at the time of software installation)
Broadband Type of of Internet Connection (Cable, DSL) with an always on type connection.

so if you don't already have this stuff, it might be cheaper to go with the ps2 version.

i finished ffix last week and i just started tactics. i haven't gone too far in fft yet, but hopefully i'll have more time this week to get going on it.

how many people can you play with in pso? is it a pretty linear game? or can you explore and chose where you want to fight your battles?

i've been rethinking the race of my ffxi char... right now i want to be a taru-taru but i might just be a hume. whaddya think?

Overlord
08-14-2002, 06:03 AM
Hmmm, so what are you guy's exactly talking about? Why do you need a Japanese version of Windows XP? Bah, I'm just too lazy to read some of the earlier posts. I have to do some other stuff right now.

...FFXI is expected to have a 5-year life span. But I really doubt it in some ways. 3-5 is more like it. You'll pay $120 a year for FFXI. It's not that much. Only $10 a month. Now if you're playing other Online games which require payment, it might be a differant story. Theres is a monthly fee for PSO, Xbox and GCN version.

And thanks Chachi, I guess I'm a genius. But lets not forget about the popular brain that thought of the 38 Hour day! Thats ingenius! :P

I have some stuff to whip up in Photoshop, be right back (and I'm back for good now)!

Edit: And congrats on 900 posts ATMA! To whenever it happened. Going to do anything special on 1000? Little Gecko's almost all grown up now... :spin smil

chachiangel
08-14-2002, 11:40 AM
those are the requirements for the japanese version. that's all i could find and i just copied and pasted it in there without looking. i'm asuming that the n.a. version will have similar requirements though.

i'm voting for the 38hr day!!

welcome home overlord.

Overlord
08-14-2002, 01:01 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome Chachi! Sorry I wasn't here earlier, I was talking to ATMA on MSN. He was in a rush though. So we didn't get to talk all that much. Yeah, but he'll probably drop by later today though.

...Anyways, what do think about thos pic?:

http://www.manifestation.org/~ill/images/funny/westside.jpg

I'm thinking about making this into a Avatar. Maybe bring some of the Ghetto Flava in the forums. If you ever need a avatar, ask me! I like making them. I made 2 for ATMA. And he used the Purple one for about 90% of the times he was on the boards. Interested?

Sure about 38 hour day? You know you'll die younger. And work hours will also be higher.

And you like books right? :wink:

I'm going to make a Overlords Book Club (How original!) in social, you should come. I bet you have read more than any of us here, right?

chachiangel
08-14-2002, 02:08 PM
sure, i'll take an avatar. can you do anything to spice up my cactuar? or do you have something else in mind?

that picture is awesome!! where'd you get it?

about the 38hr day... i don't think you should have to work longer and i think we'd have to change the rotation of the earth to match up the daylight. i'll get to work on that. maybe we could hook up the earth to my modem...that should slow it down.:D

i don't know if i've read more books than anybody. i mainly only read lotr & i've read a few star wars books. whaddaya have in mind?

Overlord
08-14-2002, 02:48 PM
http://www.manifestation.org/~ill/images/funny/pics.php

Go there for a whole bunch of funny pics. They're made to be used in forums, you can tell.

http://www.manifestation.org/~ill/images/funny/Cactaur%20Avataur.gif

Does that Spice up your Cactuar enough? :D I'll see What I can do with this. I don't think I'll resize it, I'll just take the boarders off.

I don't really read all that much, (And playing most RPG's is like reading a Novel anyway, right?) But I'm really getting into LotR right now. I'm on the second one. And I will finish it with the third. Then I might read some of his other work, like the History of Middle-Earth.

And did you see the FF game for GCN? They have pics and even a mocie out now!

Here it is:

http://www.bh.wakwak.com/~bill/mov/gc_cm.mpg

Movie.

http://208.253.94.36/media/images/ffcc1.jpg

http://208.253.94.36/media/images/ffcc2.jpg

http://208.253.94.36/media/images/ffcc3.jpg

Pics - you might have to copy and paste.

And IGN just confimed it.

chachiangel
08-14-2002, 03:03 PM
that rules!

i watch the movie. i think i figured out which part it was in. is it the one with the guy standing towards the end of the clip?
the pics don't work though(404.) i'll check ign though. time to get a cube? mario ss is just about out.

what part of lotr:ttt are you on? you should read the simarillion next. i had to read it twice to get everything. its kinda like trying to read the bible.

Overlord
08-14-2002, 03:15 PM
In the beginning where they show 3 clips at the same time, with Zelda in the middle, FF is the one on the bottom. The characters look Super-deformed in this, kinda like FFIX. And the Taru Taru. And everyone is short, I guess. We'll just have to wait to find out more. I can't believe Atma's out somewhere drawing while a whole new FF is unreveling before our eyes! He'll be in for a shock.

...Yeah, I always liked that pic of him. I'm still a little undecided on the Cube thing. I might get the bundle, but Cubes stronger line-up comes at the end of the year. We'll see how it turns out. I forsee some really bad times for Xbox in Japan now..

I don't have the book with me(still in some bag), but I remember I was on Pg.140. There they were in the great hall. And they're talking to the son of theolded or something(it's a hard name to remember). And the two hobbits are with Treebeard and the other Ents. They're about to go attack Sarumon. <Spoilers> And Gandalf is Gandalf the White, not grey.</Spoilers> anymore.

chachiangel
08-14-2002, 03:23 PM
did you know ol gandalf was comin' back? my girlfriend was so sad when he died but i didn't tell her he came back later. she called me at work all excited about it. its alot cooler when you don't know what happens!

do you know if those pics are anywhere else?

x-box just lowered their price in japan again. they gave up trying to compete with ps2 so they're moving on to the gamecube. i almost feel sorry for them.... or not, whatever. whats the eta on the gc ff?( too many abreviations.) i can't look at the article at ign cause i don't wanna pay.:angry:

ATMA
08-14-2002, 03:28 PM
I allready got a Cube and waiting for all those great games!

To Chachie:Nice character there, I think i'll make a Legolas type of character i loved him (no not in that way):big smile in the movie
and i think a character with bows and arrows would be sweet!
And i've seen a pic where a character in a summon position and next or infront of him guess who ..a creature that looks alot like Ifrit but i've haven't heard a thing that you can summon in FF XI so i'm curious about that!

FFCC:Somewhere in the middle of the clip you see a boy kinda looks like Zidane runing and than he slash an enemy that's FFCC
and like Overlord said in the begining under zelda pics you can see the character that's from FFCC!! I'm really curious about this game! Looks like Square is swinging again!:cool guy:

chachiangel
08-14-2002, 03:29 PM
nevermind about the pics. they just posted them at the magic box. they also have the ffxi special edition box art thats coming out next month in japan. it looks like ffcc is going to use an action battle method, i don't know if its going to be like kingdom hearts or ffxi.

ATMA
08-14-2002, 03:31 PM
More like Grandia or Star oceaan 3 style i think ....wich is cool by me !:cool guy:

chachiangel
08-14-2002, 03:38 PM
atma- sound like you want to be an elvaan ranger. you have to get to level 30 and finish a quest to get that job. you could start off as whatever job you want before lvl30 and switch your main job to your sub job when you get the ranger job.(rangers use guns too.)

i've heard(rumor) they're going to add summoner, ninja, samarai, and dragoon once the level cap is removed. but we'll have to wait and see.

i've gotta work for awhile but i'll check in in a little bit.

Overlord
08-14-2002, 03:39 PM
ATMA's online right now! Xbox and GameCube lost the chance to catch up to PS2 a long time ago. IT's basically a hardware battle for those 2 now. Gamecube's winning, and will make the lead even larger by the end of the year. Xbox better have a good year nexy year. They have to!

<Spoilers!>
...I really didn't know he was coming back! It was a surprise, but not that big. He is powerful after all. And the way he burned Legolas arrow!</spoiler>

Can't wait for the movie! Even though leave some stuff out.

FFCC will play ALOT like a Saga game. Trust me!

You like Pokemon and Bob Marley, Chachi?

Overlord
08-14-2002, 03:44 PM
You have a MSN name, Chachi?

And do you like Bob Marley and Pokemon?

Read my last post before this.

Edit: Dang, double post. But I reached 1300 Posts, WOO-HOO!!

chachiangel
08-14-2002, 05:03 PM
i like digimon & rancid.... does that count?

i kinda think x-box is doomed. at least in japan. although i might get one if they had a few more good games and square developed for them. so i probably won't get one.

does anybody know if an internet browser is coming out for the ps2 anytime soon. i heard something about aol... but i'm not getting involved in that cult.

i do have a msn name but its under my girlfriends name. i only have it at home, i don't know why, but they won't let me use it at work... something about actually working or something. i usually stop listening when my boss is talking. i don't remember what it is though. i'll let you know later or you could give me yours later or something.

Overlord
08-14-2002, 05:14 PM
XenoOverlord@hotmail.com

There, add me to your list. We'll talk some time. I'll also give you ATMA's, I'm sure he won't mind. But he wants to keep it private, so I'll give it to you on IM or something.

I wouldn't expect Square near Xbox anytime soon. Never more like it. It'll still get a lot of good games. But not all will appeal to you.

...You can use what ever browser you want! But there will be a PS2 one, it's opptional though. I'm pretty sure. And 3rd party companies can also make them if they want.

Do you even know your bosses name? :spin smil

I was just asking about Pokemon since I'm going to make a Pokemon Av for my self, and ATMA. And we're going to have a revolution on the boards, soon everyone will want one! But he backed out. So it' pointless now. I'll still make mine though. Oh, and ATMA loves Bob Marley, he's the biggest Bob Fanboy on this forum. :D

chachiangel
08-14-2002, 05:35 PM
do you have to wait for the hdd to download a browser or will it be on a disc? i don't think one will fit on a memory card. i know you can use any isp though. i'm just wondering if you'll be able to look at the web on it anytime soon. the 56k modem on the adapter will be way faster than my computer right now. i'm waiting for ffxi before i switch to broadband.

revolution-you could do something like reacurring enemies from ff. i'd do that. i'm kinda atached to cactuars right now. you could use tonberry and a one eye of some kind. or a dancing chocobo.

good luck to x-box... they'll need it.

Overlord
08-14-2002, 05:54 PM
Hmm, that does sound like a really good plan. But it'll take me some time to choose a monster. It doesn't have to be just enemies, they can be summons, Cactaur was a summon. And a doll. ATMA will probably like TonBerry, he likes Wobboffet(I can't even spell it now) from Pokemon.

http://www.the-magicbox.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=780

Go there and read ATMA's and my posts in there. Just read the bottom part. It shows what valuble skills ATMA's been using all this time to survive!

...Still uncertain on the browser thing, I'm guessing that you can use your own, if you want the PS2 one, you might need the HD.

http://www.the-magicbox.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=569

^^Theres a lot of hope for Xbox right there!

chachiangel
08-14-2002, 06:03 PM
or warrior from 8-bit theater. :D

yeah, i heard about the topless mode.... maybe i'll rent it.:D

summons would be cool too. or a moogle. (dancing moogle)

Overlord
08-14-2002, 06:07 PM
Yeah, and maybe the game will acidently fall under your bed and get lost. Then you won't be able to return it. :D

Better not play while your Girlfriends in the room though.

*Remembers dancing Black Mage avatar*

chachiangel
08-14-2002, 06:12 PM
she'll walk in and say,"i didn't know you liked vollyba... hey!!! those are boobs!!!" then she will hit me in the arm for awhile.
but it was all worth it. *thinks about boobs*
mmmm.... white mage.....

Overlord
08-14-2002, 06:34 PM
Chachiangel the grey. I expext a huge surge in Xbox sales when this gem of a game comes out. It may have some life in Japan yet. :wink:

chachiangel
08-14-2002, 06:44 PM
i'm really getting into fft right now. i haven't played much of it but i finally got my jobs going and some favorite units to use. what was you're favorite job in fft?

Overlord
08-14-2002, 06:49 PM
I really liked Ninja for Ramsus (that was his name right? I always change it in mine) Also make sure you have a girl who has high faith and all. Then make her Mage - Summoner - then the all mighty Calculator! You can also have monsters in you party. I recommend getting Chocobo pretty early. They have good range for movement, and they cure. Plus you'll get a Red Chocobo soon.

...Whrere are you? What chapter?

chachiangel
08-14-2002, 06:57 PM
as i said, i haven't got far. when can you start getting chocobos & stuff. i think a monk is the highest i can have right now. i'm practicing with random battles right now. i just saved the guy that needs saving and i'm taking him back to the castle. i've only played for like 3 nights total. the gf (when i say gf, i don't mean guardian force, i mean girl friend) hasn't been working at night so i've had to pay attention to her.

i'll try to im you tonight if you're online.

Overlord
08-14-2002, 07:05 PM
Hmm, I'm not sure if I will be online tonight. I might have to leave soon. But I know I'll be here tomorrow night! Add me to your list though. That way I'll have your add and stuff. If ATMA's online, we could start a room. Then we can get down to business! We'll discuss extremely impotant stuff, like... um 38 hour days!

...Oh, and did you know Atma's real name is Gecko? Actually it's his "Artist" name. But a strange one at that.

Try and keep a balance team. Don't have all 5 knights, or all 5 Squires. You'll be at a disatvantage with Chocobos. I'd recomend taking someone the Theif/Archer way. They'll be weak defencly and offencly(unless they an arrow), but they'll have a lot of speed!.

So your Gurdian Forces haven't been working at night? :eek:

Kidding, Kidding.

chachiangel
08-14-2002, 07:20 PM
i'll add you to my list tonight and e-mail you with whatever mine is.

right now i have 2 knights, 1 black mage, 1 priest, & an archer. the rest are still squires that i haven't used yet. they'll get their turn though. i think i made that blonde guy an archer too.

does atma have any of his artwork online somewhere?

Overlord
08-14-2002, 07:29 PM
I don't think so. ATMA really is a n00b when it comes to Internet stuff. So I really doubt that he has his own website. And I don't think he ever mentioned a scanner. And he has Photoshop, but never installed or something.

Only have like 3 strong people know. You'll most likely drop 2 of you beginners later on. First one should be replaced with a Chocobo if you wish(I would), then later you'll start getting special characters with unique skills. Which should replace those 2.

...Oh, check out my new thread (http://the-magicbox.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=922)!

What do you think? Which would you choose? :D Make sure you vote!

And the Book Club is right beneath it. If you wanna pay it a visit.

chachiangel
08-14-2002, 07:42 PM
it sounds like he has more goin' on in the computer department than me. i don't even have a photoshop i haven't installed yet.

i posted at both threads.-->

well, its been a long day of hard work, but its time to go home.
if i don't talk to you tonight i'll talk to you tomorrow.

later.

Overlord
08-14-2002, 07:48 PM
Nah, you seem to know more than him at times. He just has more stuff. And do you actually get any work done during the day? Joe must be mad!

...And thanks for replying. I'm sure the internet one will get more posts, not sure how many people read here though.

I'll see you tomorrow then. I also have to leave in a short while. Things might change, but I doubt it.

Later!

PS. Expect your AV soon!

Kid0_oIcarus
08-15-2002, 10:28 AM
heehee - Since the GC is getting a FF game, shouldn't this now be moved to the "General Gaming Discussion" board? :P

:rolleyes:

'thought I'd chime in! Hi! :D

Black Ace
08-15-2002, 12:54 PM
Actually, I am moving it now.

Overlord
08-15-2002, 08:01 PM
Kid0_oIcarus:
heehee - Since the GC is getting a FF game, shouldn't this now be moved to the "General Gaming Discussion" board?

Does it matter that much? FF games has been on platforms other then PS/2 before. And they all have been discussed here already. It's ATMA thread, I say let him decide.

...And this is turning more into "Final Fantasy Community". so I might move it to Social after a while.

chachiangel
08-15-2002, 10:00 PM
i'm gone for half a day and look what happens. its a whole new world here in general gaming.... now i have to change my book mark. it makes sense though.

i want more ffcc. that little clip just isn't enough. is there any info on when this is going to be released in the us? as if waiting for ffxi wasn't bad enough... now there's two of them!!! all i want to do is give square my money. is that so wrong?

BTW overlord- that avatar is awesome!! almost as good as the dancing black mage. i have a soft spot for the bm's.(he he, ...bm.)

Overlord
08-15-2002, 10:10 PM
Thanks Chachi! And don't think that I've been lazy with yours, this Av didn't really take any time. Just a new size. I might hold on my next one for now. I didn't expext that I'd be using a Pac-man one.

...I might hold on about the "giving all money to Square" thing. They're coming out with a lot of things that will get them some quick cash. Though, they're most likely stay in Japan. They're coming out with a "FF bible" That shows all the behind the scenes stuff for there games, and what they left out. It's on 3 or 4 DVD's. It costs $100+ (US). And they're also selling the Pants that Tidus wheres in FFX. 26 Yen. And there was some other stuff. And there was some kind of new artbook or something. ATMA probably remembers more about these more than I do.

chachiangel
08-15-2002, 10:18 PM
tidus' pants?!! his outfit was kinda dumb. does anbody really want that? i'm just talking mainly ffxi, ffcc, and the remakes of ff1 & ff2. i heard about that bible thing which could be cool if it actually gives you interesting info on the behind the scenes stuff.

what about the estimated release info on ffcc?

Overlord
08-15-2002, 10:26 PM
Theres no estimated date. But I might guess that it's some time after Zelda for GameCube. And theres mot much solid info on it. There will also be FFCC for GBA, which you can connect together.

...The thing I hated the most about Tidus' pants was that it was so uneven!

chachiangel
08-15-2002, 10:32 PM
they had that lame net sewn to the bottom on one leg. how the hell is that supposed to help you swim? kinda seems like wakka was a better blitz player. he didn't have a stupid leg net.

do you know if square is gonna let ffx go to a greatest hits title?

it was weird in that video that ffcc was in with zelda which is real close to coming out.

Overlord
08-15-2002, 10:41 PM
Yeah, but the game has to be 9 months old first(Which I think that it almost is), and has to have sold over 400,000 copies, which it has a long time ago. This is for the US Greatest Hit.

...They're trying to promote all the big games in Japan with that add. You'll never see such a good add from Nintendo of America.

And don't go anywhere, I'm putting the final touches on your Av!

chachiangel
08-15-2002, 10:50 PM
i know this won't happen, but it would be really cool if square put out the international version as the greatest hits title. i mean its already in english and they're reprinting it anyway. just a thought.

i'll be here for awhile. i'm perusing the ffxi board at gamefaqs too. if you're interested guely has a new adventure up. he's a black mage/white mage now.

i saw some adds at the movies for game cube last year but they definately weren't as interesting as that one. it was the one with the old vesion of the new zelda.

Overlord
08-15-2002, 10:59 PM
I'll check out his new adventure later tonight. Maybe you should start a petition for them to bring it over here! It might work. I think the site is petitiononline.com or something familiar. I know I'll sign. Try it.

...By the way, I don't smell like Beer!

chachiangel
08-15-2002, 11:03 PM
i don't know man... i smell beer. and it looks like you're the only other person here.:P

Overlord
08-15-2002, 11:09 PM
Wow, this thread just reached 600 posts, and I just noticed it!

...And I'm drinking Dr. Pepper. It must ATMA, from one of his earlier post! :D

Overlord
08-15-2002, 11:22 PM
Ta-Da! It's finally done. Make sure you save it to you comp first, and then upload it in the User CP.

...Rate it, and feedback? I can still make changes. I couldn't just resize it, so it's a little odd from the original version.

Edit: Use this one, the last one had a extra frame. Use chachi2.gif.

chachiangel
08-15-2002, 11:42 PM
it probably is atma. he works at a night club, right?

<---that looks awesome!!!:D <-- (me.) cool, it has my name in it!!

so i e-mailed guely and asked very politely if he would post them here too. i'll let you know what he says. it would be nice to be able to just click on the picture links.

this thread is a monster!!! but like a good monster, ya know?

Overlord
08-15-2002, 11:48 PM
Yeah, he's a bartender. I also bet that he gets on the counter and dances like the girls in Coyote Ugly. :D He's the crazy one in this thread.

...I hope he posts here. Tell him that he can use Avs here! Unlike GameFaqs. We can seduce him with this great thread if we have to.

By the way, what did you think about Penance's avatar? Some say it's the best in the land.

Black Ace
08-15-2002, 11:55 PM
Does Penace even post here anymore?

chachiangel
08-15-2002, 11:56 PM
i still think the dancing black mage was the best. but penance's was pretty good. but then again... i like boobs.(is that off topic?... oh wait, no its not, i forgot about lulu8) .)

i think we might be able to get guely over here. there's always so much flaming going on over there.

chachiangel
08-16-2002, 12:00 AM
yeah, i haven't seen him around these parts in forever.

Overlord
08-16-2002, 12:01 AM
Penance hasn't been here for a while. He did make some posts in the FFC a while ago though. I wonder where Xiggy is. I haven't seen hootie17 lately either.

...Yeah, we don't have any near as many flamers or local idiots as GameFaqs does.

Don't forget to tell him that we also have the best Mods! :D

chachiangel
08-16-2002, 12:06 AM
it gets pretty mean over there, which is why i don't post there. i just get info and stories about ffxi.

i haven't heard from hootie here since you left.

Overlord
08-16-2002, 12:12 AM
It's still a pretty good site. Were you there on April 1st? They had this April Fools joke, where the site was named "GameFax". And the poll was "Whats the best console?". And ALL the choices was Xbox! It was pretty funny.

...That reminds, I have to go and vote in the torney thing. Are you voting in it?

chachiangel
08-16-2002, 12:18 AM
is it that thing on their front page? like who's better. squall or kirby?

no, you guys let me know about that site in june i think. so i missed april fools. thats really funny though. i have a friend thats not very into gaming and he even makes fun of the x-box.

Overlord
08-16-2002, 12:23 AM
Yeah, it's that one.

...On another forum, theres this big Sega fan. And I remember him saying: " The GameCube looks a Lunchbox and the Xbox looks like Lunchtable!" That thing cracked me up.

Cloud destroyed Pikachu in the tourney. Thought it would be a little closer than that. Go Pac-Man!

chachiangel
08-16-2002, 12:29 AM
:D lunch table.

well, i've gotta go pay attention to the gf now.
later.

hey i clicked the "ha ha" smilie...whats up?:D <--not ha ha. thats definately a grin.

Overlord
08-16-2002, 12:33 AM
Alright, I'll see you later then. Make sure you vote on the Polls!

...This thread just got so "Colorful" with our new Av's.

:D :D

EDIT: Must be a glitch, I'll contact Admin.

chachiangel
08-16-2002, 09:29 PM
i just heard from guely and he said that he'd start posting his adventures here too. everybody give him a warm welcome.

welcome guely.

hey overlord, you weren't one of the two people who voted for serious sam were you?<kidding> i would have to say mega man has it made in the tourney.

Overlord
08-16-2002, 10:14 PM
Thats great news! Now, where is he?

...And no I wasn't the one who voted for him.

Wait till you see my new Av(might not be today), I just the greatest idea!

chachiangel
08-16-2002, 10:29 PM
it'll probably take him awhile. alot of copy and pasting.

no less than the best from overlord.

Overlord
08-16-2002, 10:34 PM
Did he even register here yet? What did you bribe him with?

...And did you see He-Man today!?

Overlord: Simply the best.

chachiangel
08-16-2002, 10:39 PM
"please welcome our newest member- guely" its on the front page.

i didn't get to see it. no cable remember.:crying:

is this fixed yet?:D no.

Overlord
08-16-2002, 10:46 PM
Hmm, haven't looked up there in a while.

...It'll air again. Go to a neighbors or something. Might have to be like ATMA and download.

Nah, this one will take some time. It's not that special, but it is. You just have to see it. And there might be more then one version. It's hard with the limitations.

:crying: Yeah, fixed.

chachiangel
08-16-2002, 10:52 PM
i think i'm going to play a little fft for awhile.
i'll check in later to see if guely started posting yet.
later.
:D :D :D

Overlord
08-16-2002, 10:56 PM
Yeah, I also have to finish up some stuuf on this side. Later.

:crying: :D :crying: :D :crying:

It's fixed!

chachiangel
08-17-2002, 11:44 AM
can't stop looking at overlords avatar....
nice work my friend. did you take that photo in the studio in yr room?:D

tactics rules! there's just not enough time to play. by the way, does the date even mean anything? it doesn't seem to effect anything.is there a trick to inviting monsters into your party?

fixed:D <--ha ha?

Overlord
08-17-2002, 09:46 PM
Well I can't help it if the ladies love me. And I didn't Photoshop that pick, every girl is wearing Overlord Personilzed Panties these days! Honest! :D Get yours today, only $19.99! Comes in 5 stylish colors, and edible ones also available.

What, last time the crying wasn't working, now these? I'll check in Admin.

And where are you in Tactics? Are you stuck in any battle? What your classes?

...And next time you gou outside, make sure you don't like a idiot like this guy. (http://www.the-magicbox.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=957)

No, date doesn't mean anything. Theres some events that only happen in some days, but you only get JP from those, and a item. I never did them, I guess they're good.

You need to get the "Mediator" job first. Then you can invite them. They have a ability to do that.

And looks like Sephiroth is going to win today. Just voted.

And wheres Guely?

chachiangel
08-17-2002, 10:27 PM
i think i saw britney wearing "ol undies" in teen people last month. wasn't she over at your house the other day.

tactics- still in chapter one...i just beat the theives fort level and i've been leveling up and getting the people i haven't used much up tp speed with the rest. i've got a chemist and made i so he could use the talk skill. all he has is invitation but it hasn't worked on anybody. i've tried all sorts of monsters(mostly chocobos) and they all say 00% and guarded. i've got a really strong(for where i am in the game)black mage that i've been using alot. here's my team right now-

-black mage lvl13
-priest lvl12
-2xKnight lvl12
-theif lvl9
-archer lvl7
-monk lvl6
-chemist lvl6
-delita lvl3

well if i was guely, i'd be playing ffxi. he'll get them up eventually. they're all pretty long so it will probably take him awhile.

i'll go vote now.... BTW- i was the guy from that article:D <--ha ha.

Overlord
08-17-2002, 10:37 PM
Oh, to invite monsters, you have to be in the meditator job. Only way. You could buy that other ability from Medi though. I forgot what it was called, but you can use invite in other jobs that way. It'll always say 0% if you're not in that job. So go get that Chocobo!

...It might have been Britney. I can't remember all of the girls names that cames over my house, you know.

So, you're typing from prison?

And check this out, I think you have though. But I just added a new article on the last page. Check out the movie when ever youo have the time.

http://www.the-magicbox.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=599

Did you miss He-Man agian?

chachiangel
08-17-2002, 10:50 PM
i was just waiting for him to gain enough jp to be able to use a high potion. these guys must start off as idiots.... i mean don't you just drink a potion? i'll switch him to a mediator immediately. is there any other job type that i should have at least one of?

yeah i watched that britney thing at work last week with no sound, it was still funny though. it really is a mystery.

i think i'm going to get cable in a couple of months. after i switch to broad band. i wish you could just pay per channel. there's only like 6 i want. how was it?

Overlord
08-17-2002, 10:57 PM
Yeah, and I think most of them stay idiots. Not all of them are useful. Some just have a few good skills. But not great in combat with that job. Work you way up to Ninja. And do you have a female going up Archer/Thief section?

It was pretty good, the animation was kinda bland that some points. And it reminded me of a lot of Thundercats for some reason. It was great overrall.

...Look what I found on my front porch (http://www.fwvans.com/laz/killer/9.jpg). :D

chachiangel
08-17-2002, 11:07 PM
i've got a female theif and a male archer. why?

go thundercats!

Overlord
08-17-2002, 11:15 PM
Probably fell of a tree.

...Yeah thats good, you should make them a Lancer later on. They're great! And then they'll become dancers. They have some great abilities.

Oh, and I just finished answering all the Questions in the "Ask Overlord Anything Thread!". Ask me something sometime.

Think Guely will post anything this weekend?

chachiangel
08-18-2002, 11:18 AM
guely said he'd start putting them together the day he signed up. i haven't heard from him but i assume it'll take him awhile to copy & paste them. he'll probably post them within the next couple of days.

dancer always seemed like a weird class to me. what can they do? my bm got ice3, fire3, and bolt3 last night. one hit kills are convenient. although i doesn't really give my newbies any time to level up, i use less pheonix downs on them though. oh yeah, i gots me a chocobo last night too. things are coming together nicely. time to move on to the next level. do monks get any better? she's at lvl8 and not even damaging people over 20 hp yet. weak!... weak i say, weak!

Overlord
08-18-2002, 11:25 AM
Yeah, I understand. I don't mind the wait. It assures quality.

...No, not really. Move from monks. They have some good abilities. But males as monks are better. Move her to GeoMancer till she's Lv.4 there. Then make her like Lv.3 Archer/Theif then you'll get LANCER!!

Yeah, hold on till you get a Red Chocobo. You'll be pleased.

And I saw XXX yesterday. I'll discuss it later.

I'm sorry, but I have to go now. I know you just got here, so I apoligze again. You might wanna check out some threads if you have the time though. Try Social.

-Later.

chachiangel
08-18-2002, 11:37 AM
i should probably do some actual work today. i'll check back around noon. i'm playing tactics tonight so i don't know if i'll be online tonight. mancer mancer.

later

Overlord
08-18-2002, 03:07 PM
Hey, it's noon! And I'm back. I see ATMA's online too. On IM anyway.

...So, how are you in Tactics now?

chachiangel
08-18-2002, 03:15 PM
no tactics for me until tonight. i haven't even used my chocobo yet. can you invite any monster to join you or just certain ones?
mancer mancer.

Overlord
08-18-2002, 03:22 PM
Ok. You can invite any monster. Except Ultima Deamons. You'll see them soon enough.

...Mancer?

chachiangel
08-18-2002, 03:26 PM
every time i read the word geomancer or lancer, my brain goes mancer mancer. but in the little caesars voice(pizza pizza.)

what are you playing right now over lord? still ffvii?

Overlord
08-18-2002, 03:35 PM
Yeah, kinda. Honestly, I haven't even played all that much since I got back. A lot of visitors lately. I'll try and pick up FFIX soon. We'll see. Played some GTA3 when my cousin came over yesterday.

...Still in Chap. 1?

chachiangel
08-18-2002, 03:41 PM
i'm still in chapter one. that girl was kidnapped so i'm off to go save her. i've been leveling up my weaker characters alot. about how many characters should i have? i have about 12 now. do the battles require alot of experienced characters later. i only had trouble winning battles every time in the very beginning. its all pretty easy now though.

Overlord
08-18-2002, 03:52 PM
You should probably have 6-8 at that point. Don't have clones though. Make sure someone imortant doesn't die. Because they'll never come back!

chachiangel
08-18-2002, 03:58 PM
if anybody dies i just reset it. i've only had to do this twice. i've grown attatched to all of my characters and i can't let them die. sounds like i have enough then. i'll progress through the story tonight. i didn't get to play very much yesterday. i'll be back in a couple of hours.<work>

Overlord
08-18-2002, 04:02 PM
Yeah, thats what I do too. It's almost never happens during the end though. Everyones really strong.

...I'll see you later then.

chachiangel
08-18-2002, 06:26 PM
whats another good tank class besides knight? i have two right now but i'd like a different job for one of them. actually my black mage has become stronger(not physically) than both of my knights.

Overlord
08-18-2002, 06:41 PM
The Monk is pretty strong. Not much Armor though. Same thing with Ninja. Which are one of the best in the game. The Lancer and Samurai might do the job.

chachiangel
08-18-2002, 06:45 PM
maybe i'll make one a theif or archer so they can be a ninja later. ninjas rule.

Overlord
08-18-2002, 07:02 PM
Ninjas are the best! Except there bad armor compatability thing. Make sure you buy "Equip Armor" from Knight for the person becoming a Ninja. I'd take Ramza this way.

...I can't just copy and paste this, so here: http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/final_fantasy_tactics_job_map.txt

chachiangel
08-18-2002, 07:15 PM
they don't let you link to faqs. you can only link to the faq list. it's a weird rule but i found it anyway. acording to that i should be able to have a ninja by now, but i haven't seen it on my list. i'll check again tonight. how do you get the equip armor etc abilities?

Overlord
08-18-2002, 07:27 PM
First buy it, then use it under the "Support Ability". Thats where it should go. Don't use it on a Knight though, they already have it. Use it for Ninjas, and Monks.

chachiangel
08-19-2002, 11:21 AM
is there a certain town you buy it in? i haven't seen this yet. i only got to play last night for an hour so i didn't get very far. i got massacred when i was heading back to pick up some supplies so i actually only passed one battle:angry:

fixed?:D

Overlord
08-19-2002, 07:07 PM
Looks like other emoticons are also having problems now. I don't think Admin's been here since my E-maied him.

...And don't tell me you don't know how to buy abilities! How are you getting so far in the game then? It's like when you buy "Invitation", you bought it, right? When you're on the screen where it says [Invitation] press [<--] or [-->] on the D-pad to get a whole new page of skills. Do this with the Knight, for who's becoming Monk/Ninja.

chachiangel
08-19-2002, 07:14 PM
my knight's list of abilities only has the "break abilities." on the other jobs, if there's more abilities than can fit on the screen, you can scroll down. on the knights, there's just one page. i'm sure i'm just being an idiot. please explain.??? <--me.

Overlord
08-19-2002, 07:26 PM
Ok, when you go to "Buy Abilities" you'll get a whole page(even if it's filled, it a page) with stuff like Magic Break. Thats just there main skills. Press [-->] and [<--] while on that page, you'll get some other pages. If you see on the top of the page, you'll see little symbols like a "feet" and "arrow" theres like 5 or 6 of them. They're golden. If you're home right now, turn on your game. If you don't learn all this, you won't get very far in the game!!

chachiangel
08-19-2002, 07:29 PM
that would have been funny if i never figured that out. ok, i'll try that tonight. i'm heading home now. its like a whole new world.

later

Overlord
08-19-2002, 07:40 PM
Yeah, it's a whole new game now. Some of ATMA's stupidity must have rubbed of on you! :P

-Later.

chachiangel
08-20-2002, 11:24 AM
ok, i spent like a half an hour upgrading all my characters with the extra page slots. i still can't believe i didn't know about those. anyway i'm trying to get the razma to be a ninja so i switched him to a monk so i could get the geomancer(mancer mancer) job. although i forgot to have him learn any abilities as a monk. i went through a whole battle with just the attack ability. i really coulda used spin fist too. anyways, i made it to chapter two. nice plot twist on the last battle of chpter one. i turned my black mage into a summoner. so far i'm kinda disapointed in the summoner so far. basically i have him using black magic the whole time.

i've noticed myself getting stupider and stupider as i get older.

Overlord
08-20-2002, 10:56 PM
So, I'm guessing this game is a lot easier now? And how's your chocobo doing? Be careful when you get a Ninja this early. They'll be the fastest, and weakest defencly(without Equip Armor anyway), and you don't see many Ninja weapons early in the game. So they can only use the daggers. You can steal some good ones in battles though.

Heres one way how you can get a lot of JP in just one battle, you'll need a chocobo.

X = Chocobo.
O = Other units.

O
OXO
O

So, that way, whenever you use Cure with the chocobo, you'll heal everyone. Make sure everyone has accumalate, and just use it so they'll gain JP everyround. You won't have to worry about getting killed either. Kill some if they come close to you, bring some to near death. So they'll run away after a while. Giving you more time to gain JP. Use Yell with Ramza, so he'll/someone will go faster. Plus, Yell also gives him some JP.

Make sure you're in the right jobs though.

chachiangel
08-21-2002, 12:37 AM
so i did some pwer playing tonight and got to the battle at the gates of lionel castle. i'm having a little trouble with it because of their summoner and archers. i'll work on it tomorrow.

that jp trick sounds awesome. i wish i'd known about it sooner. i'm at a part where theres only one random battle area to level up in. sometimes it takes awhile when you can't travel between a few areas. i'll try it in the 3rd chapter.

so i got some of my units up to higher level jobs. here's what i got.-

-ninja(razma)
-dancer
-summoner/black mage
-time mage/priest
-archer
-mediator
-holy knight
-knight
-theif
-and a whole lot of multiplying chocobos

those damn chocobos just keep showing up in my unit list. i get eggs all the time and they make me feel bad when i get rid of them. the first time i had to cut somebody i almost didn't do it because they acted all hurt. then i'm like"LISTEN LADY!, I'M JUST DOING MY JOB HERE!! WE GOTTA MAKE ROOM FOR SOME PEOPLE THAT ARE GONNA BE TEAM PLAYERS!" sorry... lost my mind there for a moment....

btw- i have my ninja with equip armor and almost everybody else with equip sheild.

Overlord
08-21-2002, 12:47 AM
Wow, you've done a lot today! Almost a whole chapter. Don't rush it though. Or you might find yourself underdeveloped. Wait till you fight the boss of Chapter 3, one of the hardest...

...You should get rid of you extra chocobos, espicially ones with low brave/faith and a low level. Do you have a Red one yet? Red ones can use cure too. You need someone equiped with "Monster Talk" though. And standing next to the Chocobo for it to use Cure.

Have you seen Penance's new Av?

http://www.the-magicbox.com/forums/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=540

chachiangel
08-21-2002, 12:54 AM
penance = da butt!

i think after i get through chapter 2, i'm going to concentrate on leveling upthe weaker characters. i haven't seen a red chocobo yet. i just had a battle with a black chocobo. it has a really harsh attack called choco ball that almost killed me. do the red ones show up in random battles?

Overlord
08-21-2002, 01:01 AM
Yeah they show up once in a story battle really late in the game. Chapter 4 I think. Not sure about random ones. Just keep walking on blue locations over and over. Don't get into any battles. It might take a few months(game time), but you'll get a decent-great Red Chocobo eventually! Red's Choco Ball isn't as strong as the Blacks one. But they have Choco Meteor! And they're faster, and has a greater field movement. Have you ridden a Chocobo in battle yet?

And I made a mistake earlier. The people shoild be in this formation.

--O
OXO
--O

Just ignore the "-"'s. The post made it look like this:

O
OXO
O

...How would you rate(1-10) Penance's Av? Better then the last one?

chachiangel
08-21-2002, 01:10 AM
how do you ride them? i thought you might be able to, but i haven't been able to figure it out. can you ride all colors of chocobos? can you ride the panthers?

i would give that avatar an eight. th head looks a little small, but that could just be an optical illusion. me gusto el butt.:D <--grin.

i think i'm going to bed now. i tried a new brand of tater tots. now i feel like this,-->:crazy: with barf noises.

Overlord
08-21-2002, 01:16 AM
Just move one of your people to the square the Chocobo is on. Then it'll ask if you want to ride it. You'll have the speed and the movement of the chocobo. And you can attack with the person. But you only have 4 people this way. You can ride all colors, and only Chocobos.

Alright then, I'll see you tomorrow.

-Later.

Penance
08-21-2002, 04:43 AM
Yeah, you can ride the Chocobo. Overlord already explained the "How to". It's not always a good thing though. Since you can't attack with the Chocobo anymore. But the person riding will have much more mobility. So, you should put someone who can generaly do more damage then the Chocobo. You can also help someone escape from danger, I guess.

chachiangel
08-21-2002, 11:38 AM
where ya been penance? i thought you had been defeated or something....

i am defiately going to ride a chocobo next time i play. can you use choco cure or heal the chocobo in any way? who's hp is affected when you get hit? can a dancer dance on a chocobo? can a mancer mance?:D

:crazy: <-- me at work....stupid tater tots....

Overlord
08-21-2002, 06:53 PM
Well, I just got back from school a while ago. I also hit the mall earlier. I had to pick up my schudual(sp?) for this year. And my school starts on Tuesday. So don't expect to see me early anymore. I'll most likely be online after 4PM ish. I get out at 3:15 everyday, so we'll see.

Heres my classes, if you're interested.

10th grade:

1st Semister

1. Chemistry Honors
2. AlgII/Trig
3. PE
4. English 10 Acc

2nd Semister

1. Lan Basics
2. World History Acc
3. Advance Art
4. Spanish II

I like it how all the harder classes are in the first part of the year, that way I can get rid of them early.

You can cure with the person riding, I think. I haven't done this in a long time. But I think the rider takes the damage. Just experiment. Noe sure about the dancing, but I'm sure about the Mancing!

...And ATMA never came through with the video, you know. And have you seen Penance's new Status? Mancing, isn't it?

Oh, and I didn't see FFIX, again. But I did get Devil May Cry. I'm heading over to Best Buy this weekend. Time to settle this.

chachiangel
08-21-2002, 07:25 PM
i guess my gf has been complaining about it. she works at a clothing store and has to deal with people's moms. they can be really mean to people working retail. my old school had block classes too. much better than 6 or 7 classes a day all year. they switched over my sophmore year. i started doing a ton better in school then.

i was thinking about getting devil may cry because its so cheap now. let me know how it is.

did you hear about the gba tactics being a sequel. i can't wait.

if you can't wait for guely to post his journals here, you can go to this site and he has all the pictures in the posts. you don't even have to link to them. here it is-

http://www.ffexp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=journal

mance on!:cool guy:

Overlord
08-21-2002, 07:32 PM
What store does your GF work in? And do you read gaming mags? I just made a thread with the NEW EGM scores. It has the new Mario, Kingdom Hearts, and SOCOM reviewed. And Castlevania(GBA) got Game of the Month. Whole bunch of people over at the EGM forums are in rage because Mario didn't get it. You should check it out. I mad it a sticky in General Gaming.

Are you sure it's a whole new sequal? Last time I heard, it was supposed to only have 25% new stuff. Not a whole new game. And it might have Multi-Player!!

I'm going to try out DMC in a while. ATMA speaks highly of it. So does everyone else.

I can wait. I might check it out...Where is he?

chachiangel
08-21-2002, 09:52 PM
she works at urban outfitters. i used to work there too. cool stuff, but a pretty disorganized company.

i just started getting the official ps mag because i was bored at the airport and it comes with a demo disc every month.

for tactics- check magic box news page. i will have multiplayer. to bad there's not a gba online. i don't know anyone who has one. it sounds like its a whole new story and everything.

as far as an uproar about who won game of the month. i don't think most people have played all those games. i haven't. who knows, maybe castlevania is a better game. although the demo of sms was really fun. but i think i'm looking forward to kh more now that i've seen it in action. theres a behind the scenes thing on the demo disc from the ps mag i got this month.

Overlord
08-22-2002, 11:35 PM
Wow, Devil May Cry is amazing! You need to go out and buy this game right now! First it starts out like a regular game. Your first mission is to find 45 Red orbs so you can open the first door. Here you can experiment a lot. You can get better at your jumping. Doging skills, make your shooting look even cooler. And stuff like that. I like how you can just start slashing people with you sword and then you can just start shooing without going to the menu or anything. And the first fight was also amazing. The music really sets the mmod. You can feel the adreline(sp?). A must buy for any PS2 owner.

...I'm still surprised so many peopple are mad over it not getting Game of the Month. I mean it got 9.5 9.5 9.5, thats great by EGM's standards. By any standards. How much more do they want? I remember hearing the game can be really hard. I guess thats what got it to lose a whole .5. Or maybe the grahics. The Castlevania game was made by the original team that made SoTN.

Oh, and I just noticed that you have more posts than ATMA in these thread now! Here are thenumbers:

User | Post

Overlord | 255
chachiangel | 166
ATMA | 165
Penance | 47
hootie17 | 11
Kid0_oIcarus | 3
Marzeno | 3
Rebeus | 2
typexig | 2
Bill | 2
Sol_Naciente | 2
Pikachu | 2
xXx Beaver xXx | 2
Bookbagninja | 1
kaepora | 1
Iori | 1
Zod | 1
Seska | 1
Admin | 1
FRDrizzt | 1
Glitch | 1
Kamui | 1

ATMA
08-23-2002, 03:07 PM
So been playing DMC huh ?..great game i loved the gameplay and i hope in the near future we can see more games with this type of gameplay ..goooooooooo Capcom!

So what do you gamers think about FFCC..sure looks like something new from Square huh ? ..Looks like square is swinging again..and now on the Cube while we are waiting for FFXI and in a few months we should start to hear from FFXII!! So square whatever you are skeeming ..bring it on ..I never lost confidence in you !!:cool guy:

Chachie great to see that you and Overlord are keeping this FFC alive ..nice job you guys.!!
seeya around ..-NYU-

Overlord
08-23-2002, 03:14 PM
Heres some of my thoughts on FFCC, I posted this somewhere else. And I quoted some people in between, so it might not all make sense, but what ever.

My thoughts on the game, I think they're trying to encourage people who have a GameCube to go out and get a GBA. And people who have a GBA to get a GameCube.

Don't forget that this isn't really Square who's making the game. It's just part of them. And the Head guy is the main producer of the Saga games. So expect this game to play a lot like that, and not any FF game in the past.

I think you're right. But I think it's a little deeper then that. Basically, Sony gave a part of Square to Nintendo, this way after the FF game was done. The sales for GameCube would raise significantly. And the PS2 wouldn't really be left behind since they have a much bigger support then them. Square will make a huge profit from the GBA sales. So will Sony, since they own Square stocks. What does Sony get from letting Square develope on GameCube? Simple, Xbox will be pretty much finished in Japan this way.

Just my thoughts.

There...

chachiangel
08-24-2002, 12:46 PM
hey atma... did you just post so i wouldn't pass you in posts in this thread? hmmm...

i'm really excited about ffcc, but i'd like to see a little bit more of it. and know a little bit more abot the game play, story, and gba link up. i wish they'd just give us some official release dates. at least on ffxi.

tactics-i'm having a little trouble with that battle at the gates of lionel castle. i'm leveling up and doing the jp trick. i've got a black and red chocobo now too. i keep getting monster eggs.

Overlord
08-24-2002, 12:57 PM
I kinda doubt the ATMA thing, but he is the competetive type. Oh, and Penance just passed you in the Top 15 for the forums. You're back down to number 16. Theres actually even a thread about this. Heres the thing: http://www.the-magicbox.com/forums/memberlist.php?what=topposters&perpage=15

...You'll catch up with just one more post though. And gsnetwork edited his post, I'm still number one. :cool:

Get rid of the EVERY chocobo you have, except your strongest Red one. Just let that one lay now. If it lays a Chocobo stronger then it's self, keep the new one, and get rid of the old red Chocobo. Have you used it yet? Is it at the same level as yopu other units? And describe the battle you're having trouble with, what chapter again?

Heres the last part of my theory on FFCC, started back there. Comment:

It's true that companies are out there to make money. But it is also true that companies make more when there is less competition. And thats why Sony/Square is doing this. Square can make much more money on GBA then they can GameCube. It will take 2-3 years for a decent-good game for GameCube. And it will also cost a lot of money. By simply porting their classics on GBA, they won't have to spent vast amounts on productions and it'll sell great it. So they will make more money on GBA with this plan, then they can with the GameCube. And Sony can also be holding them back.

All three companies play dirty. It's how they get where they are.

chachiangel
08-24-2002, 03:01 PM
tactics-so far i've kept one of each color. i'm keeping the yellow one because he has choco-cure. the battle i'm having trouble with is the second to last one on the 2nd chapter. i think i have a strategy though. i'm going to try it out later today.

have you played ff legends on gb? i've been thinking about getting it for something to do on my breaks at work. any recommendations for gb rpgs would be nice.

i think square has got the right idea as far as making ports on the gba. i just hope we'll get the psone ff1 & ff2 stateside. i guess i'm keeping focused on ffxi because i still have to make preparations before i get it. i'm getting my net adpter in the next couple of days and i want to switch to broadband so i'm not tying up the phone all day. it would be nice if there were some official release dates for the hdd & ffxi.

i was just joking about atma stealling my thunder.:D who is that gsnetwork guy?

Overlord
08-24-2002, 03:19 PM
Haha, your "Thunder". :D Buy the "Monster Skill" ability from Squire, and equip it on someone. Now get that person to stand next to the Red Chocobo, it'll be able to use Choco Cure then. And it'll be better then the yellows ones. This is great for my JP trick thing.

I think I downloaded a few of the GB FF a while back. They weren't anything special. It's differant from the FF's of today, infact, they're not even FF. They were called something else in Japan, they just renamed it in US. I know that the story for FFLegends 1 on GB. Something same with other 2. Squaresoft didn't even make them.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/368/368863p1.html

^^ You have to read that. Theres a rumor that the HD might not make it here. I'm getting Broadband at the end of the year, you?

I know a site where they have pics of each battle, I'll go see which one you're on, and try and remember what I usually do.

Check out the Top 15 thread in Social, I posted everything I know about gsnetwork.

And make sure you have the time to go to PS2, and check out these 3 threads "SQUARE STRIKES BACK !!" Or something like that, ATMA made it. "FFXI: The Launch and the Outcome" and "Favorite PS2 game to Date".

See you when you get back from the mall

chachiangel
08-25-2002, 12:35 AM
i'm not ready to beleive they're delaying the hdd. sony is saying there will be more info after the na is released. there was a bunch of people that organized a hassling party over at gamefaqs to call the reps at sony every couple of hours and see what kind of info they could get outta different people. a few of them sais that there would be more info after the na.

i passed those levels pretty easily with the red chocobo. i also have a ninja master now. i'm going to have her master chemist next. i only need about 1000jp to finish chemist. razma is almost a master ninja/monk, i only need a few more things in each class.

i'll post in those ps2 threads tomorrow. i'm expecting a phone call so i gots to git offline.

Overlord
08-25-2002, 12:43 AM
Wow, they're actually doing that over there? And have you been to GameFaqs latetly? It's crazy over there! Todays poll is Sonic Vs. Samus. Sonic was winning all day, then Samus took the lead, by a little. Now It's 50/50! It's closest race yet!

...How was your fight with Dracula?

I'll see you later then. I'll check if they have any updates on the HD's.

And are you using Choco Cure with your Red Chocobo?

chachiangel
08-25-2002, 12:55 AM
for mor hdd discussion go here-

http://s1.cgi.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.asp?board=27610&topic=4041797

try to ignore the petty bickering and modded posts... it'll make it easier to read. a few good points though.

yes, i used the red chocobo for cure. and the fight with druc;jkj was pretty easy. he went down in like four hits. two ninja, one summon, and one choco-meteor.:D

samus vs sonic? hmmm... i'll have to think about that.
*thinks about sumus shooting five missles at sonic*
ummm. samus.

Overlord
08-25-2002, 01:08 AM
I remember those modded GameFaqs posts, been a while since I've been there. I'll check it out shortly. But the thing I posted is new, dated August 23. It's still a rumor, but rumors start from somewhere, right?

...Choco-Meteor is your friend. Great range and power.

I voted for Sonic on this one. I love the Metroid games, but Sonic is Sonic.

chachiangel
08-25-2002, 11:09 AM
i was a little anti sega back in the day. i've always liked sonic but i still have deep secret loyalties to nintendo.

oh, that thread was a response to that article.

mmmm....choco-meteor....

ATMA
08-25-2002, 03:02 PM
Why o Why ?? what's wrong with Sega ?:crying:
So now that they are making software what do you think of them now and what do you think of their games they are offering now and will published in the near future?

Still playing FFT?

chachiangel
08-25-2002, 03:43 PM
i'm not anti anymore. i was just around for all the snes vs genesis stuff and i was on the winning side i guess. but i'm glad that sega is still making games. i'm really excited about the uber-sonic collection coming out. i think they make really good games, i was just a nintendo guy pre-psx. its weird the playstation was almost just an add-on to the snes.... the gaming world may have been very different.

yup still playing fft. lovin' it. can't wait for the gba tactics. i'm playing fflegends2 on my gb at work right now. i'm not sure how i feel about it yet. its pretty hokey. you can't skip turns and there's no way to check your stats.

Overlord
08-25-2002, 04:33 PM
Wow, chachiangel, I think you're the first person on this forum to use that word; "Uber". Whice is rather uber-cool.

...It doesn't matter that Playstation was just a add-on. We're up to our knees with great games these days.

And ATMA, did you ever play FFT? You never mentioned it.

chachiangel
08-25-2002, 05:15 PM
uber-mancer?

Overlord
08-25-2002, 05:34 PM
What? You post count is 187, better watch out.

...And go to "Others", and look for the "Quote" thread, some interesting things ATMA said today! :D

chachiangel
08-25-2002, 07:09 PM
i'm kinda getting bored with fflegends2 already. i think i'll give it a few more days. i still need to get zelda oracle of ages so i might get that next time.

i don't think i'll have time for tactics tonight, but i'll play tomorrow. any progress on ffvii overlord?

Overlord
08-25-2002, 07:21 PM
Not really, been buzy with other games and stuff. I couldn't make it to Best Buy yesterday, and schools about to start in 2 days, so I'll see how everything is after for FFIX. And ATMA said he's going to be buzy this upcoming weeks, so don't expect many replies from him early either. I'll try and be here around 4-5ishPM. And later. And, yeah.

...I can see how you can bored easily with the older games, since newer games like FFX is so fast, you're used to it. I played Zelda emulated, it was fun. But the emulator was crappy. I think I'll buy it soon. I forgot what it was called, but get the blue one. Seasons I think. That one is deeper and more challenging, the other one is simpler, though, I think it has more of a involved story. But less battles and stuff.

Overlord
08-26-2002, 12:03 AM
Heres the list of games Square will be presenting at TGS:

Square:
Final Fantasy XII
Final Fantasy X derivative versions (Yuna and Rikku)
Final Fantasy I&II
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicle
Seiken Densetsu GBA
Unlimited Saga
Kingdon Hearts final mix
A new online title
A new action title

Sega:
Hundred Swords - online for PS2
Sonic Adventure 3 - listed for multiple platforms
Skies of Arcadia Legend
Sonic Mega Collection
Shinobi

Konami:
MGS2 Substance
ZOE: The 2nd Runner
New GC title
New online music game

Capcom:
Glass Rose - new multiplatform title
Clock Tower 3
Breath of Fire 5
Resident Evil Online
New online title
Resident Evil 0
Resident Evil 2 (GC)
Resident Evil 3 (GC)
Three new GC projects

Namco:
Venus and Braves
Time Crisis 3
New Tales game (GC)

Sony:
ICO team new work
Dark Chronicle

Enix:
Dragon Quest 8

FFXII, the 2 new side quests and FFCC!! I'm actually getting more excited about this then this years E3, which wasn't that great. And there's ICO teams new game. Wonder what KH Final Mix is all about. I know theres a sequal for it, this might be it. I remember reading that you can unlock the KH2 trailer in KH, so yeah. More as it continues.

Still no Chrono Break! :angry:

Black Ace
08-26-2002, 12:15 AM
What platform is DQ8 on?

Overlord
08-26-2002, 12:22 AM
DQVIII wasn't specified a system yet. But probably PS2. Enix themselves said that the game will land on the system with the highest user base. And the game might even be online/partially online. And before I posted the updated TGS, it was all GameCube games, and it didn't have DQVIII that time. And the update is full of all the PS2 games.

chachiangel
08-26-2002, 11:35 AM
the kingdom hearts game is just the american version of the game released in japan with a new song. i think with all the big name stars that are lending their voices to the game, japan wanted that version too. its amazing all the games square can release in japan and everybody eats it up. i would eat it up too, if i was given a japanese ps2 and suddenly knew how to speak japanese. i would probably import anything i could get my grubby paws on. i'm just hoping for at least 75% of those games to make it stateside.

i already have zelda-oracle of seasons(red.) i want to get oracle of ages(blue.) i've been waiting for the price to go down. its not that fflegends2 is slow, there's just barely any movement.heres a screen-

picture--------picture----------picture
----of-------------of----------------of
monster------monster-------monster

#of mon------# of mon------# of mon
---------------------------------------------
dialog box telling you whats
happening. with very bad
translation. 32 damages to chac.
chac fell.
---------------------------------------------

theres absolutely no action. its like reading a book written by a first grader. i like the old nes games graphics don't bother me. the game was made by sunsoft and i think they only spent a couple of months on it.

mario is out today. when does overlord get a gamecube?

Overlord
08-26-2002, 11:54 AM
Alright, thanks for the info on KH. So, I'm guessing that you're only going to download the older games from now on, and see how it is before you buy it? But is the game still fun, even with cons, are the battles something to enjoy?

...I'm still debating the whole GameCube. I'll get it from anytime from todayto November, I think. Summer and my summer break is ending soon. So it will be hard to play with 2 consoles. Plus GBA is coming out with some good games. I might wait for the Platnum GameCube, and maybe get it around Metroid Prime time. If you buy Mario, give a little review of it here.

And what do you think about the TGS? And read my post back on the last page, I made one more post before I posted the TGS thing.

Having fun with your Red Chocobo? And also vote here (http://www.the-magicbox.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=1031). Going to go check up on Mario Vs. Cloud now. I voted for Cloud, you?

chachiangel
08-26-2002, 03:30 PM
there's really no strategy involved in the battle system. you just tell all of you characters what to do and hope they don't die. you have no idea when someone is going to do their command. the enemies do anywhere from 10 to 70hp damage. not cosistant. well enough about that.

i guess it might be a good idea to wait on the game cube if you won't have time to play it. i don't really have time to play all the games i want to. so i understand where you're coming from.

i' really exited about most of those games, and i'm really curious about the yuna/rikku games. here's what i'm looking forward to-

Square:
Final Fantasy XII
Final Fantasy X derivative versions (Yuna and Rikku)
Final Fantasy I&II
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicle
Unlimited Saga
A new online title
A new action title

Sega:
Sonic Adventure 3 - listed for multiple platforms
Skies of Arcadia Legend
Sonic Mega Collection

Capcom:
Breath of Fire 5

Sony:
ICO team new work
Dark Chronicle:D

Enix:
Dragon Quest 8

oh yeah, and i voted for cloud.

Overlord
08-26-2002, 03:41 PM
Wow, Mario is in the lead. You can thank planetgamecube.com for that. Though, it's less then 200 votes, and the poll is still open till like 10:00PM PST. So nine more hours. Can't wait for Crono's performance! Check out the Gamefaqs thread in Social for the "commentary". This is like the Super Bowl for us gamers. :P

...I'm waiting for Dark Chronical too. I haven't read up too much on it though. Can't wait for some new info on DQVIII and ICO teams new game!

chachiangel
08-26-2002, 03:49 PM
i'll vote for cloud at home too.

the only thing i know about dark chronicle is that its cell shaded, has the geohouse mover thing, and has 2 main characters. but the screenshots look awesome. i still need to check out ico. maybe i'll rent it soon.

when does tgs happen? when can we expect the news to start rollin in?

Overlord
08-26-2002, 04:04 PM
You know, I don't actually know the date for the event. I'm sure we'll know when it arrives. Don't expect huge coverage like E3 got though.

...Looks like you're closing in on 200 posts today! Try and make it today, so everyone in the Top 15 will have 200. Number 15 right now is Vicviper, with 197 posts. And Penance is also there with 200 even. Yup.

Go Here (http://www.the-magicbox.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=77) for the ultimate ICOness thread. It's thread number 77, oldest one alive!

chachiangel
08-26-2002, 05:00 PM
well i don't know if i'll make 200 today. but probably by tomorrow.

tactics-i'll be playing for most of tonight. did i mention i got bahamut? every battles goes pretty smoothly with him around. i'm using teleport with my summoner. it sucks when i try to go to far and it fails.

i keep hearing that the fft for gba is coming out before christmas this year. is that for japan or u.s.? they hardly ever specify where the estimated release date is.

Overlord
08-26-2002, 05:11 PM
I'm pretty sure that it's Japan, the release for FFT. We'll see it some time in 2003. I never used Teleport. I always add more move or had things like Move HP up for that ability. And I know teleport can fail a lot. But Summoners don't have to move that much. A lot of there summons has great range, plus it can hit 3-5 people. Too bad you can't calculate summons...

...Make sure you get Cyclops soon. He can do more damage then Bahamut. :D But I think he can only hit 3 people at a time, and Bahamut can hit 4 or 5.

Yeah, you'll make by tomorrow. I wonder when ATMA will hit 1000, he has been posting more then usual lately.

What do you think of ICO now?

Cloud is back in the lead!!

Man, I start school tomorrow... :(

chachiangel
08-26-2002, 05:40 PM
marios back in the lead.

its been nice having atma around again. hopefully he won't cut back too much.

i'm going to have my summoner master that class then go back to black mage. i'm also having my time mage master that class and go back and master priest. razma is a ninja/monk he is almost a master of ninja and has all the punch arts of the monk. he's almost a master monk. here's my main team right now-

razma-ninja/monk
glen-summoner/black mage
isabella-time mage/white mage
madigan-lancer/dancer(need a few more dances though)
glenda-theif/chemist(two daggers!!)

this team is really strong in the battles i'm fighting right now. razma has counter and hits with 200 damage(two swords 100 each.) if you want to know more about my teams abilities let me know. advice?

Overlord
08-26-2002, 05:57 PM
Yeah, Marios up by about 120 votes right now. Almost down to 7 hours left. This is really heating up.

ATMA said he was buzy this week, but don't know. I think he has a lot free time lately. He came to the boards like 3 days in a row, and he's been coming onlin earlier.

...So, where are you? Make sure you don't rush anything. You look good enough to go pass chapter 3, but you can never be too careful. The boss of Chapter 3 is the hardest boss in the game! So, this is it.

Ok, I think I just found a big flaw in your plan. Is Glen a guy? And he's your summoner? You should Never make males mage's. The guy's Magic doesn't grow fast enough. You should get a girl with high Faith to replace him. You will see a drastic change in the damage. Use the JP trick, it'll go quicker then.

Oh, and I'm leaving to go and get some last minute supplies in about an hour. I'll be back though.

chachiangel
08-26-2002, 06:06 PM
glen is a guy, i think i'll try to stick it out with him for awhile longer. i'll start another girl as a mage soon though. glen does about 200 damage with level3 element spells and usually kills people with one summon.

later.

Overlord
08-26-2002, 06:10 PM
Yeah, you should change. And get a girl wth high Faith, thats really important. You'll thank me for all this when you get a Calculator. :D

Are you leaving already? Or are you just going home?

-Later.

chachiangel
08-26-2002, 06:14 PM
i'm at work for another hour. i thought you were taking off.

i thought calculators were kinda tricky.

Overlord
08-26-2002, 06:21 PM
Nah, I'm leaving in about an hour. I might jump in the shower in a few minutes though. Still have some time for the forums.

...They're kinda tricky. But you'll get used to them in no time. They can use ANY magic attack, for no MP or any charge time!! Thats a great deal. They also have a great counter attack(damage split), but you won't be moving them much, so they'll rarely get close to the enemy. The down side is, that they can hit your teammates if you're not careful. And they're the Slowest group in the game. So it will take some time level hem up. Use the JP trick, and use YELL with Ramza. So, his/her Speed will go up every round, thus making it easier.

chachiangel
08-26-2002, 06:29 PM
maybe i'll try one out tonight. i've been able to use a calculator for a long time now, but i stayed away from them because i read they were a little weird. as for speed, i'm using haste2.

Overlord
08-26-2002, 06:35 PM
Oh yeah, you can also use a calculator for defense. Like use Haste 2 on all your team members. They can do all sorts of stuff.

One more post, and you're tied for number 15 in the Top 15!

I guess I should start taking a shower now. Oh, and Cloud's back in the lead, by about 69 votes :D.

-Later.

chachiangel
08-26-2002, 06:47 PM
ok, i'll see if i like the calculator tonight. are you getting the network adapter this week?

it would kinda be weird if mario lost but i still voted for cloud.

Overlord
08-26-2002, 07:11 PM
I just got back from my shower, I'm sparkling clean now. :D

...I just checked, Clouds down by 22 votes. It's really starting to heat up.

I'm going to wait a while before getting it, you never know, it might have some bugs in it. These are the launch Adapters. And I really doubt that I'm going to play with my 56K! Man, I hate that thing. You should also give it a week or so. And wasn't it delayed?

I should be heading out in 20 Min's. When do you get home?

chachiangel
08-26-2002, 07:27 PM
i'll be home around 5pm. but i don't know if i'll get online tonight. sometimes i can't deal with my 28k modem.:angry: i might be on for awhile though. i'll be playing tactics too. which actually loads faster than my computer.

it wasn't delayed. its just that all the preorders from the first shipment sold out everywhere. so they're telling people when they expect to get their next shippment. i preordered so i'll get mine from eb this week. i'm going to send away for the free tmb-online. and i'm going to switch to broadband when i get back from alaska in sept. i just don't want to end up getting everything all at one when ffxi finally comes out.

i might talk to you tonight then. later-

Overlord
08-26-2002, 07:32 PM
Yeah, can't wait till I get broadband. Then I'll be fully ready for Online. And FFXI doesn't come out for a while, so I won't be missing too much... I do wanna try out TMB: Online though. And Frequency 2.

...I'll see if I can make it later, I should be back in an hour or so. Not sure how long I'll be online though.

And I think you just passed Vicviper, you're the true number 15 now.

And Mario's only up by 3 votes!! Thats almost 50/50 even!

-Later for now.

chachiangel
08-26-2002, 10:29 PM
next ones a doosey.

being at home really reminds me how bad i need broadband. its only a few weeks. i would go to gamefaqs and check right now but i don't think i'm patient enough. maybe cloder to the end of voting.

i'm trying to get the rest of the summons for my summoner tonight so i can switch him back to a black mage. i'm leveling up my dancer right now to get more dances, then shes back to a lancer.

Overlord
08-27-2002, 12:03 AM
Yup, just one more.

...You should use that one dance that causes all those status effects. Thats by far the best one, in my opinion. You'll end up with a field of stoped/poisned enemy frogs on the field if you're lucky. Even some bosses have some weakness. :D

Mario and Cloud keeps changing. You just don't know what to expect now. I'll cehck it out when I get home tomorrow.

-Later.

chachiangel
08-27-2002, 11:42 AM
Mario - 64990
Cloud Strife - 64713

mario won. i guess thats to be expected. cloud put up a damn good fight though.

well, i didn't get a chance to use a calculator last night. too busy with the jp trick. actually i got the status effect dance first, so i've been using that one alot. i usually effect at least 2 or 3 enimies with it. i got the rest of the dances last night and i'm working on mastering the class just for fun. i also got ol' clops for my summoner. just two more summons to go.

it seems like only yesterday that i signed up for this board and look at me now. i'd like to thank overlord, atma, and all the rest who helped my climb my way on to the top15. thank you.:crying:

chachiangel
08-27-2002, 11:45 AM
i found out when the tgs is-

Tokyo Games Show on September 20th.

there you go. can't wait.

Overlord
08-27-2002, 07:29 PM
Best Pic In Da History of the Internet!! (http://kindergartenclass.netfirms.com/body.h8.gif)

And what kind of dirty thigs did you have to do for that information? Fallen into the wrong hands, it could be deadly. (TGS date...)

...Besides planetgamecube.com, there were other factors that let Mario win. FFVII came out a long time ago, not many people know about Cloud in Kingdom Hearts, or FFT. Mario just came out with a new game. It's amazing how far Cloud got actually. Go Crono!

Keep me updated on your progress. And what did you do on the boards today? And don't get too happy with being in the Top 15. Theres two people with 200 posts right behind you.

Penance
08-27-2002, 10:03 PM
I don't get a mention! :eek:

I see how it is chachiangel.

Oh, and I also voted for Cloud.

chachiangel
08-28-2002, 11:22 AM
sorry penance.... there were just so many people to remember... and i uhhh.... lost my notes. besides i'm probably not #15 anymore, so why would you care what a loser like me thinks anyway...*pouts in corner*

picture- hilarious...and informational. you learn something new everyday.

i got super mario sunshine last night so i didn't get to play tactics. don't worry i won't abandon it. i'll just be switching back and forth. besides, my gf actually likes watching me play mario games. i'll post my thoughts in the review board.

Overlord
08-28-2002, 07:31 PM
Actually your are number 15, but Vicviper is right behind you. And not by much either.

...I'm thinking about making that into an Av, more people need to learn.

Make sure you don't get jealous of Mario. Read this (http://www.the-magicbox.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=1044) to understand. Theres a reason why your GF likes watching you play

A review would be nice.

chachiangel
08-29-2002, 11:10 AM
i'm not jealous. just mildly threatened. i just posted this link to the ffxi live cam in the ffxi outcome thread, but here it is for ffc-

http://stream.pol.com/cgi-bin/navi-cgi?ff11/+ff11.asx

you just need the newest media player and a broadband connection(sorry.)

review-review thread. nevermind, it looks like you found it.

Overlord
08-29-2002, 07:26 PM
I remember using the link before. I only heard sounds, no picture. But I have WMP8.0 and ALL the codecs. So it should work now.

chachiangel
08-29-2002, 07:28 PM
i'm watching it right now. its just panning around different areas.

i'm headed home now. i might be online tonight. i have the next few days off, so look for me on im.

Overlord
08-29-2002, 07:38 PM
Alright, I'll be on IM on Staurday, and I don't have school on Monday. I usually don't IM you since your GF might be on.

-Later.

chachiangel
08-30-2002, 12:30 PM
feel free to see if its me, she'll tell you if i'm not here. i'll be on the lookout for you though.

gotta love labor day. except i don't get any holidays off except thanksgiving & christmas.

i've been playing sms for the last couple of days but i'm getting my network adapter today, so i'll be testing that out. i might play a little tactics though. it would be cool if squre could figure out a way to retro fit some old games like tactics to work as multiplayer online. they might release a version after ffxi comes out, or maybe you could pay to download it onto your hdd.....mmmmm.....future...

Overlord
08-30-2002, 07:04 PM
Make sure you update the review thread when you reach an impportant part of the game, or when you finish it.

...Well, the GBA version might have multi. I think it was confirmed. GB used to have a Online link thing. It flopped badly in Japan, so it never made over here. I kinda doubt GBA will.

chachiangel
08-30-2002, 09:15 PM
well, i got my na hooked up and i tried the madden demo... i forgot i didn't play sports games because i'm awful at them. i sent out my coupon for tmb: online i'll probably have more fun with that. i'll get socom when i switch to broadband.

i'm hoping fo a ps2 vesion of fft. or maybe when the gamecube goes online you'll be able to use the gba/gc link to play gba games online. wonder if thats even possible?

Overlord
08-30-2002, 09:26 PM
Maybe, but sounds like a little hassle on Nintendos. Since after the GB online thing, I think Nintendo's going to stay low with bringing GBA online. And the HD for the 64 also failed. So they kinda have a bad history with this.

...Tell me how TMB: O is. I love TM: B!

FFXII might be kinda like FFTII. The same director is working on it. Expect some great Gameplay, and a dark storyline. It'll be awesome.

chachiangel
08-31-2002, 01:25 PM
did you read the gba fft news at the magic box? the battles lok weird in streets with cars. i guess i wasn't expecting a modern setting.

i think the american market would be happy to see new add-on hardware if more than one(fun) game supported it. all of the old things nintendo tried, always had one decent game and like two awful ones for any hardware released. examples- power pad(that mat you run on), mario paint set, the gb 4 player link, gb camera, etc. they just need better support. i think square is trying to help out with that. and if the rumor about mario party online and mario kart online are true and they keep up support for online gaming, most people will buy the hardware.

oh, i won't get tmb:o for like six weeks.(allow six weeks for delivery.) i might rent it a couple times in the meantime.

Overlord
08-31-2002, 05:47 PM
Yeah, I saw those pics/info. Theres some more at Gameforms, I'll just post it here:

When Square's long-awaited return to Nintendo systems was announced, the first game to surface was a surprise - Final Fantasy Tactics on the Game Boy Advance. At first thought to be a remake or direct sequel to Final Fantasy Tactics for the Playstation, an even bigger surprise came with news that Final Fantasy Tactics Advance will be a totally new game.

The first story details suggest something much more fanciful than the famed military backstabbing of the first FFT. Things begin with a wish by one of the game's main characters, Mute. Bored with reality, he asks for the world to become like the one depicted in a book of swords and sorcery titled ?FF.? His wish comes true, and the world is transformed.

Three main characters have been revealed so far, including Marshe, the main hero. His quest is to return the world to its original form, while Mute is a quiet child who is prone to being bullied but is good friends with Marshe. Ritz is the game?s heroine and has a strong personality.

The popular and detailed job system from Final Fantasy Tactics will return under the guidance of Yasumi Matsuno, director of the first game and creator of the Ogre Battle series. But beyond changing jobs, gamers will encounter a number of new gameplay systems, though only scant details are known thus far.

The most unique is the Judgement system, which isn't a good or evil alignment, but literally a judge that decides the winner of a battle. How this decision is made and applied could be one of the game's major new features. Players can also take on work as a "kuran" or multipurpose handyman, with a variety of jobs available.

Last is the region create system, which allows the player to create the world map on their own. Whether this will be an optional feature or the basis for gameplay (a la Legend of Mana) is yet unknown, as is whether this has anything to do with the previously confirmed scenario editor.

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance is set to be the first of Square's new Nintendo projects and possibly the most anticipated one. Originally scheduled for an ambitious Christmas 2002 release, the game is now tentatively set for Winter 2002/Spring 2003 in Japan.

The characters in the game arn't as detailed. The battles looks more "dumbed down". The graphics are more colorful. But they still have the same job system with new gameplay elements, so it should be better. Not sure how the story will be. Hopefully they'll get the translations right this time.

Yeah, the GameCube should do good online, but it's differant for GBA. And even using it on the big screen kinda takes away the whole "portable thing" to it.

And did you see the new portable screen for Xbox? I really don't think many people bought it for portable reasons...

Probably shouldn't rent it if you're getting it. Try out some other games. FreQuency?

xXx Beaver xXx
08-31-2002, 11:12 PM
It should definetly be a great game, I love the screenies!

- Triple X Beaver :spinface:

Overlord
08-31-2002, 11:25 PM
They're nice, but like I said. The PSX version were a lot nicer. And the whole theme of the game seems to be changing.

xXx Beaver xXx
09-01-2002, 01:12 AM
Yes, I agree that changing the theme of the game is a bit disappointing.

Maybe they dont have the technology to make the GBA version as good as the PSX version??

- Triple X Beaver :spinface:

Penance
09-01-2002, 02:56 AM
GBA should be seeing PSX level graphics during the end of it's life, not now. But, they do have some good technology now.

chachiangel
09-01-2002, 11:21 AM
well, i guess its to be expected for square to change the overall story and world of a ff sequel. its funny, but it didn't even cross my mind that it wouldn't be medevil.... as for the colorfulness(word?) i think some companies are realizing that its really hard to see any details on a gba without somesort of floodlight positioned at just the right angle behind you so theres no glare. i think they just want it to be as visable as possible.

as for the gc-gba-link-up thing- if you could start playing gba games online with your gc, it would be a way of easing people into the idea of online gba games, and when they start complaining that its not portable... release the gba wireless online adapter. it could work with the right titles to support it. ffgames, mario cart, gba smash bros.

tmb- i want to rent it so i can practice. i haven't played that game very much and don't want to be at too much of a disadvantage.

Overlord
09-01-2002, 04:31 PM
Or they could just be trying to make a quick game. They're trying to get this game out in Japan before 2003 I think. So they have to rush it a little. Golden Sun had some really detailed parts. And you didn't need a strong light to see it all. You should see some of the effects in it, it's amazing! Thats why I'm a little dissapointed in this. A game that came out over year ago has better graphics. But graphics wasn't what made FFT so great though, so...

...It could work. But where do you think they should start? Should try and get the GBA online in the US or Japan first? The demand for the Network Adapters were a lot more then what Sony expected.

Oh, and this thread finally reached 50 pages! To bad ATMA's not here to celebrate.

And, I just made that spinning Av for Beaver, and you know what he said after? He said he was leaving the MagicBox! After I made that too. He's probbly kidding though. He did go out of his way to make 390 posts.

chachiangel
09-01-2002, 04:58 PM
huh??!! why would he leave? i know he had a rough start here, but i think everyone has forgiven him. i haven't seen any spam from him in a long time. well i hope he sticks around. thats a cool avatar you gave him too. (could you make a spinning pocketstation cactuar?)

gba online-well i think they would probably start in japan because thats where most things get going in the gaming industry. i think it would work with strong 3rd-party support. they seem to be pushing the gba-gc link capabilities pretty well and i'll probably pick one up when a game uses it that i want(ffc.)

gba tactics- its mostly the same gameplay as the ps version but with different skins and a few new twists. what do you think about the afterburner?(gba backlight) i still need to pick up golden sun. i probably should have bought that instead of fflegends2.

50 PAGES!! :D

chachiangel
09-01-2002, 05:07 PM
sorry to double post, but i was watching the ffxi web cam and all you could see was chocobo butt.:haha:

Overlord
09-01-2002, 05:13 PM
Check out the thread in others I made for him. A lot of people will be happy, just watch. And he was starting to go back to some of his old ways yesterday. So it was like a warning. Also check out "Ugliest. Arms. Ever." that I made. :D

I'll see if I can find some good pocketsatation picks for him. Supply some if you have any. I might do some stuff in Photoshop later tonight, so expect it tomorrow.

But the thing is, the online thing seems to be doing a lot better here in the US then the Japan right now. And if they release it there first, and it flops, we won't get it! And MGSII was released here first. It was never that popular over there.

I really want the afterburner. But I heard it was almost impossible to install if you don't anything about technology. My sister and my brother-in-law might be good at that stuff though. My GBA is literally collectng dust right now. Need to get some new stuff.

How's Mario going? What level and such?

chachiangel
09-01-2002, 05:25 PM
i think a saw a site that sells and installs the afterburner ofr you but i think it was crazy expensive.

i only have that one pic of him from the pocket station. i think there is a link to it in ffcorner. i can find it if you want. let me know.

i would be really happy if they tested something over here. it seems like we never get a chance to like something before its canned. i think nintendo could work out some deal with a cell phone company pretty easily and it seems like everyone already has a cell phone now.

i'm on the fifth level on the second story. i had to quit playing last night. i was getting to mad. i just saw that ugly arms thread.:haha:

Overlord
09-01-2002, 05:32 PM
Nah, it's ok. Theres plenty of pics on google for me. If it's not at google.com, it simply doesn't exist.

It's $35, which isn't that bad. It'll last as long as your GBA. And it does look great and powerful. I think the site was www.portablrmonoply.com I might have spelled it wrong, but it's someting like that.

I think the market will always be strong in Japan. But with Microsoft in it now, there should be some things being tested here.

So how was it looking at a Chocobo's butt?

And do you agree? Ugliest arms ever?

PS2 and AOL - http://aolgames.aol.com/ps2/

chachiangel
09-01-2002, 06:10 PM
please god i hope there is no exclusive content and it just an even crappier version of the ps official website. i will not get AOL!!!

i don't think x-box is going to last too long in japan. people are saying that nintendo might go the way of sega and become a third party game developer. but i heard it at ign and they've been known to be full of crap.

chocobo's butt- great graphics!!

i posted in the ug-arms.

Overlord
09-01-2002, 06:20 PM
I don't think theres anything exclusive with it, but there more about it then we know. Sony did buy 1% of Real, which is a part of AOL. So...

Xbox will alive long enough to make sure XboxII comes out. The sales of GCN will raise after FFCC comes out, and Xbox will be left in the dust during that time. You remember my theory, right?

Was there a lot of detail on it? The chocobo?

Yeah, I saw you post there.

chachiangel
09-01-2002, 06:25 PM
the camera was actually IN the chocobo's butt for a few seconds.

when do you think you're going to end up getting the gc? waiting for metroid? zelda? ffcc? when will nintendo see overlord's money again?

Overlord
09-01-2002, 06:34 PM
Well, Nintendo is already getting some of money from GBA and stuff. I'm waiting for the Platnum GCN mostly, I might end up buying the SMS/GCN soon though. We'll see. I would like it soon, but with school just stating, I won't have much time for 2 consoles. Espicially with the Winter season and winter games coming out. I might end up only getting a few games for it this year, more next. Will you get Metroid?

Can you get online with PS2 using MSN? I heard you couldn't.

And wheres Guely?

chachiangel
09-01-2002, 06:47 PM
yeah msn works, but you have to type in MSN/username for it to work. if anyone is having problems they should try that.

there's a little taru taru fighting three monsters right now on the live cam. its really cool he's got a little helm and mace. he must be a pretty high lvl to be taking on 3 at once.

i'll try e-mailing guely.

i'll be getting metroid eventhough i'd rather it be 2-d.

Overlord
09-01-2002, 06:51 PM
I heard that thats the user name they had to use for Dreamcast to get to work on MSN.

Has he been active at GameFaqs? I haven't really checked the FFXI boards in a while. That reminds me, I have to go check out the polls. todays the last day! Link was winning ast night.

Have you heard anymore on the US HD?

chachiangel
09-01-2002, 06:57 PM
i voted for link. i haven't seen him over at gamefaqs too much. maybe he's been busy. i haven't heard anymore about the us hdd. sony said something about more info after the network adapter.

Overlord
09-01-2002, 07:06 PM
Wow, Link's lead is Huge!! I didn't expect this. I though Mario would win by like 5% or somehitng. I just voted for Link...3rd time :D.

Are you going to e-mail Guely?