PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo steals Konamis daylight

TheHardware
09-16-2004, 01:04 AM
NINTENDO COMMITS DAYLIGHT ROBBERY?

Gaming giant reportedly patents solar game idea that sounds suspiciously Boktai

15:06 Rumours circulating the net today report that Nintendo has patented a gaming idea for the GBA that will enable the handheld to call upon the almighty sun gods, and utilise their lovely ultra-violet rays for a new game.
Sound familiar? That's because Konami has already done something vaguely similar with the two Boktai vampire hunting titles The Sun is in your Hand and Solar Boy Django.

According to various sources, the mystery game or product will not only work on solar energy, but it will also carry a health warning about spending too much time in the sun. Does a moral lurk behind this alleged 'borrowing' of ideas, then?

If this does transpire to be a brand new Nintendo GBA game, we will hopefully learn more of its development soon.

........reep anyone?

Dr. Bombay
09-16-2004, 01:06 AM
Meh. IT was bound to happen sooner or later considering how well Boktai sold.

Renegade X
09-16-2004, 01:19 AM
And who said Nintendo is above underhanded tactics. But then again, we could se Konami take on Nintendo for that Patient if they so choose, because well, konami has the proof that they made it first.

Magnus
09-16-2004, 02:37 AM
It doesnt matter if Konami used the idea first. The only thing Konami have to thier advantage is the fact that Nintendo can't sue them over the Boktai games, because they were made before the patent was granted.

Escaflowne2001
09-16-2004, 08:41 AM
Innovation my arse. Oh well...never really liked the idea in the first place.

DBJAY
09-16-2004, 07:44 PM
Nintendo's patent will likley be for a specific tech to interact with the UV rays. I doubt very much they reverse engineered Konami's games and then patented Konami's work.

TheHardware
09-17-2004, 01:34 AM
well its a great idea....and i hope it works well..if so we may see multi no button requirement games..like kirbys sunshine tilt-n- tumble..lol.....

if nintendo actually makes this game..i want my cut

gearhound
09-17-2004, 03:11 PM
Way to go, Nintendo!! Your innovation is truly unmatched!!

Well Man
09-17-2004, 04:06 PM
Eh, Personally I just think Nintendo has seen the merits of the idea and plan on improving it. Not really stealing, probably more like the Eyetoy innovation debate in one of the other threads. Konami's solar game was all about staying outside to build up a meter to shoot a Sun Gun. This apparently is only similar in that you summon stuff to help you out.

And it is not like Nintendo owes Konami for giving them great support this or last console generation.

bemanisuperstar
09-17-2004, 05:41 PM
And who said Nintendo is above underhanded tactics. But then again, we could se Konami take on Nintendo for that Patient if they so choose, because well, konami has the proof that they made it first.

All nintendo does is use Underhanded tactics remember the NES Days?

The Lawsuits

the Death Threats

Vert1
09-17-2004, 06:11 PM
Way to go, Nintendo!! Your innovation is truly unmatched!!

Please die! :cool guy:

TheHardware
09-17-2004, 08:09 PM
tsk tsk vert...wishing ill to a senior member of MB......shame on you.....gearhound is a well respected poster...who has favorites on all three consoles.......i think you Animosity torwards him comes from the fact that.....he can and does demonstrate that he is a "gamer"...which you definitly arent.....you may be a nintendo gamer...(berely)...but that doesnt cut it..sorry...show some respect..and comntrol yourself...your turning into paperexe

Vert1
09-17-2004, 08:14 PM
tsk tsk vert...wishing ill to a senior member of MB......shame on you.....gearhound is a well respected poster...who has favorites on all three consoles.......i think you Animosity torwards him comes from the fact that.....he can and does demonstrate that he is a "gamer"...which you definitly arent.....you may be a nintendo gamer...(berely)...but that doesnt cut it..sorry...show some respect..and comntrol yourself...your turning into paperexe

I can careless on how respected he is.If he wants to attack me prepare for returned fire.How can I not be a gamer?Do I not play video games?and what's this? I'm somehow barely a Nintendo gamer?Wow...!You're officially on my dipsh!t list.

dik69
09-17-2004, 08:28 PM

Why did you capitalize animosity? And how could you say that vert isn't a gamer? The guy is NUTS about video games. He just HATES anything that isn't on Nintendo/Sega systems. Barely is spelled with an A, by the way.

TheHardware
09-17-2004, 08:34 PM
oooh...the vert1 dip****list...please (biting nails) please tell me how to get off...

lol.....your not my equal.....why would i care what imaginary list you put me on.....ive been gaming since you were in diapers....i can go out and buy a bad game to expiriment with.....i support my own habit....you can barely support one system (with help of your parents)......i have 3 computers networked in my house....i spoil me....and please get to afriends house..so i can beat the crap out of you in (as your favorite company cant spell online).......put up or shut up...go hard or go home

return fire on that aZZ beeothch

TheHardware
09-17-2004, 08:37 PM
Why did you capitalize animosity? And how could you say that vert isn't a gamer? The guy is NUTS about video games. He just HATES anything that isn't on Nintendo/Sega systems. Barely is spelled with an A, by the way.

thanx Ms. Williams (my english teacher).....by the way Mind you F#@#ng buisness

capitalized the "F" to show emphasis

gearhound
09-17-2004, 09:16 PM
Please die! :cool guy:

shut up you monkey fanboy!!!!!!!!!! :kill: :spinface:

dik69
09-17-2004, 09:45 PM
thanx Ms. Williams (my english teacher).....by the way Mind you F#@#ng buisness

capitalized the "F" to show emphasis

"Mind you F#@#ng buisness"? Excuse me? Are you trying to communicate? I can't decypher this bull****. If you are trying to say mind your F#@#ng business, why? What business did I intrude upon? If you stated anything in here it's fair game. Failure. Capitalized the "F" to show emphasis.

Vert1
09-17-2004, 10:08 PM
he is a "gamer"...which you definitly arent.....you may be a nintendo gamer...(berely)...

I do not care how long you've been playing games this comment is flat out dumb.Take some pills and wallow away into despondancy.

You also seem to know how well I can support systems?Really?

I suppport GC and DC.I have no need to support other systems when my friends can do that.You play games a lot and that's great and all but you still seem very lacking...

The comments you made earlier were beyond ignorance.

Whatever makes you and Gearhound feel better though :cool guy:

fancyboy
09-18-2004, 02:03 AM
First off, this is a rumour (Where's the source?). Secondly, you don't even know if Nintendo had made a deal with Konami. This thread is sucky.

Messanic
09-18-2004, 04:25 AM
I do not care how long you've been playing games this comment is flat out dumb.Take some pills and wallow away into despondancy.

You also seem to know how well I can support systems?Really?

I suppport GC and DC.I have no need to support other systems when my friends can do that.You play games a lot and that's great and all but you still seem very lacking...

The comments you made earlier were beyond ignorance.

Whatever makes you and Gearhound feel better though :cool guy:

I support my ps2, ps1, and gba, I will also support xbox and even the gcn in the very near future. I can understand not supporting your system with certain games that your friends already have but even I managed to get the games and cosoles my friends have on my own. Don't ever say you have no need to support a console other than the very dead dc. You definitely didn't have a need to support the dc when it was alive and kicking, and now your playing necromancer with it? Face it the dc is dead the only difference is that I was supporting the dc when it was alive your supporting it when its dead. Thats like spitting in your "beloved" Sega's face for one, you would have bought all the dc ports on the dc rather than the gcn if you really liked the dc that much. I've had two copies of MVC2 for ps2 and I even got a ps2 copy Grandia 2 but I got rid of those as there was no need for them since I had them on my dc already. Hell I've played all the dc to gcn ports too and I can tell you that they were dumbed down, they were made much easier on the gcn than on the dc, and they still were somewhat flawed. I don't really know how well you actually do support your gaming but to say what you said is an insult to your friends and other fellow gamers.

gearhound
09-18-2004, 12:43 PM
yeah, you cannot support a dead system.

RIP dreamcast. i will always love you :crying:

Nindalf
09-18-2004, 01:08 PM
tsk tsk vert...wishing ill to a senior member of MB......shame on you.....

WHat's that? Some sort of join date/post count elitism? 1 J013D B3F0R3 Y0l_l 50 1'l\/l aB0\/3 J000!!11!!

... freaking fascists... :rolleyes:

sharky~
09-18-2004, 01:22 PM
yeah, you cannot support a dead system.

RIP dreamcast. i will always love you :crying:
:crying:
*Thinks of the first time I loaded up the first game on my DC (Power Stone)
and the almighty line up the DC had*

Why does it seem that no one can have an opinion on this forum
with out some fan boy getting over excited and blowing a fuse.

yes I'm a massive SEGA fan,
but I dont sit around bashing other games that arent SEGA made
and I have most consoles that I can afford,
and I like them all.

Vert1
09-18-2004, 01:36 PM
Bah, I like Sega a lot but I only decided to buy their consoles after I moved and felt the need to since friend's house with all the Sega stuff were in another state.I'm not spitting on Sega I had a lot of fun playing it at friend's houses.I should have bought DC a lot earlier I agree but in no way am I spitting down on Sega as people who own PS2 are.You see I never bought my consoles back than my parents did and I was Nintendo raised so yea...

There are still games coming out on Dreamcast so it is still possible to support it by the way. :sweat:

sharky~
09-18-2004, 02:13 PM
Only by export..

gearhound
09-18-2004, 05:09 PM
*Thinks of the first time I loaded up the first game on my DC (Power Stone)
and the almighty line up the DC had*

i first loaded up sonic adventure, and i was blownn away. i think sonic adventure is one hell of a sonic game. when i first played soul caliber, i was in gaming heaven.

TheHardware
09-18-2004, 07:26 PM
WHat's that? Some sort of join date/post count elitism? 1 J013D B3F0R3 Y0l_l 50 1'l\/l aB0\/3 J000!!11!!

... freaking fascists... :rolleyes:

dont know..maybe it was a sly way for me to argue with vert.....

take it as you will though

Messanic
09-18-2004, 07:51 PM
Bah, I like Sega a lot but I only decided to buy their consoles after I moved and felt the need to since friend's house with all the Sega stuff were in another state.I'm not spitting on Sega I had a lot of fun playing it at friend's houses.I should have bought DC a lot earlier I agree but in no way am I spitting down on Sega as people who own PS2 are.You see I never bought my consoles back than my parents did and I was Nintendo raised so yea...

There are still games coming out on Dreamcast so it is still possible to support it by the way. :sweat:

The money wont be going to Sega but to whoever sold you the game so your still not supporting the dc. Are you gonna import the new shooter from Sega this December or are you gonna wait for the gcn release? Vert, your parents just bought you your Nintendo consoles, you could have said something to get other consoles, hell I was Nintendo raised too, when the nes and snes were out anyways. My parents bought a Sega saturn for my younger brother, I got a playstation two years later and my youngest brother a dc 3 years later. However I ended up buying my ps2 and my dc was given to me by a friend, and my younger brother bought me my gba for my 18th b-day. Now I'm gonna buy an xbox and gcn, and since thier so cheap and xbox live is completely affordable, I'll get that too. I don't just stick with one console and one game I get all the games I can and if the console is good for it then why the hell not.

Vert1
09-18-2004, 08:25 PM
Here's how it worked:

I was the Nintendo guy(still mainly am)

My friends were the Sega people/other people

We as a group all played Nintendo and Sega games at each others houses.

I've moved a bit in life and now I can't get all my Sega satisifaction so I bought Sega consoles for myself.I was never greedy for consoles as I am now.I was satisified with what I received from Nintendo and what I played at my friends houses(that was before I got hardcore into video games).My parents don't really like me buying more consoles by the way...I doubt I'll be getting those DC games still coming out for DC unless they get good reviews.

To end point I never spat on Sega's face I've always appreciated their quality.I never bad-mouthed Sega as a Nintendo fan.I only bad-mouth Sony and Microsoft.

Black Jesus
09-19-2004, 03:12 AM
Why does it seem that no one can have an opinion on this forum
with out some fan boy getting over excited and blowing a fuse.

^^^what he said....and jesus do i hate the word fanboy....

sharky~
09-19-2004, 09:13 AM
Well vert, even console & company have good things to there name
and bad things.
Just as much as you bash Microsoft or Sony there is as much bad things
to Nintendos name to bash.

Lately I havent been injoying Nintendo's games as much, so I didnt get many
some times I dont injoy Xbox as much as Nintendo..
Im yet to buy a PS2 but I'm going to have to get one other wise I'll
miss way to much goodness
both them new Shining games for me are worth a PS2 alone.

Its better to play good games then to only play some games because there made by
the right people!

Paper exe
09-19-2004, 11:57 AM
:angry: I have Xbox and PS2
and I have 50+ original PS2 games
but gamecube have better games is these a crime to say gamecube have better games than PS2?and every time i post you just read the things that you want you read and ignore the other things that i said just like what happened in(innovation unmached) :annoyed:
and i never insult any member in the MB :annoyed:
and why insulting some one for haveing different opinion?

Renegade X
09-19-2004, 01:00 PM
and i never insult any member in the MB :annoyed:
and why insulting some one for haveing different opinion?

No that you haven't... but then again... I really don't have a problem with your opinions because unlike Vert, you don't troll threads about other games with useless Nintendo Glorifying Banter, and all this for the sake of trolling.

Even I admit that the Gamecube has some good games... but my problem isn't with Nintendo's software development... my problem with Nintendo is who ever they had or have working on Hardware development and Third Party Relations needs to be fired because fact is... they suck at their job. And I don't see why my opinion about the Gamecube as a piece of hardware is the the most lack luster of this generation, that doesn't say jack about the quality of their games, hell, I still enjoy playing the orginal Command and Conquer every now and then.

But what I can't stand more than anything is some Fanboy Idiot coming in, saying the only reason they hate the XBOX is because Mircosoft made it and that it doesn't have any good games, thats just a load of total BS. Also I find it funny that most of the time, people totally ignore PC games, until it comes to Halo, and then it's always compared to every FPS thats ever been made. If you gonna hate the XBOX, hate it because it truely sucks, not because of the company label, I mean thats about as stupid as say somebody not liking another person because of the name brand cloths they where... talk about being an *sshole and an idiot.

All of the consoles have great games, each console does something better than the other. Innnovation doesn't mean jack**** at the end of the day unless it's also FUN, I could make the most innovative game today, push the bar ahead by so many leagues it would take the industry years to find a way to improve on what I or somebody else does, but unless I have fun while playing this great gaming innovation... it doesn't mean a thing.

As they say, opinions are welcome, trollin a-holes aren't...

Vert1
09-19-2004, 01:31 PM
Be quiet Renegade.You've already disgraced yourself in the GC DVD and CD thread enough.

Innnovation doesn't mean jack**** at the end of the day unless it's also FUN

yay let's just play a bunch of generic games that all feed off of each other's gameplay formula.Seriously just hush up.

Renegade X
09-19-2004, 05:26 PM
Be quiet Renegade.You've already disgraced yourself in the GC DVD and CD thread enough.

yay let's just play a bunch of generic games that all feed off of each other's gameplay formula.Seriously just hush up.

Ooooo, harsh words Vert, couldn't think of anymore witty trolls to do on the other boards?

And did I say ANYTHING about playing generic games? Did I? DID I? No, I didn't. Stop trying to get the last word in Vert, you just make yoruself look desperate.

And as for what I said... that IS the gaming gospel truth. It don't mean crap, if at the end it isn't fun to play.

Vert1
09-19-2004, 05:29 PM
Games would become not so special(see generic) if they all were just going to be fun and not innovative.We'd just be playing games that played like everything else with small differences which wouldn't be so great.Innovation is key but people like you who think Japan doesn't matter to of all thinds...video games can't seem understand that.

*Insert witty comment about go play your madden/halo here*

Renegade X
09-19-2004, 05:51 PM
Games would become not so special(see generic) if they all were just going to be fun and not innovative.We'd just be playing games that played like everything else with small differences which wouldn't be so great.Innovation is key but people like you who think Japan doesn't matter to of all thinds...video games can't seem understand that.

*Insert witty comment about go play your madden/halo here*

I really feel sorry for you Vert, can't get your head out of the 80's and you can't get you head out of another place, give you one guess what that place is.

And your still not getting it... Innovation is great... but if the way it's implmented isn't fun, then it ain't worth jack. I mean seriously, as innovative as The Sims is... why do people keep buying the expanions and comeing back to it... Why do non-hardcore gamers come to it... because it's FUN! And once again, you take what I say out of context and try to use it to fling crap at me. Vert, just keep it coming, I'll be glad to once again slam you pitiful arguments into the ground.

*insert devestating comment about how your a trolling fanboy who has apprently no life out side of Nintendo added in with the fact i'm playing Fallout 2 at the moment*

Vert1
09-19-2004, 06:23 PM
I want games that all don't play the same and you're crazy if you think playing games that aren't innovative and all the same would be fun and rosy for the industry.It would get dull and that's how it's starting to feel now to me...

Than again we're all hyped for expansion games(MP2,Halo2,GTA:SA)...Kind of sad how things are turning out...

innovation matters a lot and to say it's not worth anything is just plain ignorant as saying Japan doesn't matter concerning video games.

Renegade X
09-19-2004, 06:40 PM
I want games that all don't play the same and you're crazy if you think playing games that aren't innovative and all the same would be fun.

Than again we're all hyped for expansion games(MP2,Halo2,GTA:SA)...Kind of sad how things are turning out...

innovation matters a lot and to say it's not worth anything is just plain ignorant as saying Japan doesn't matter concerning video games.

God I wish I could reach threw this monitor and smack you upside the head, take your eyeballs out, give a good washing... maybe implant a new reading comprehension section of your brain and read what I said... oh, it also might help if you took you head out of the certain place on your body!!! GAH, Hotbutterlugnuts!! READ YOUR FOOL, READ!!! INNOVATION AIN'T WORTH CRAP IF IT ISN'T FUN!!! Does that in anyway say innovation isn't important, NO!! Point and case, apparently, you didn't like Grand Theft Auto 3, because it just wasn't fun to you or you didn't like the content, but undeniablely it's just about the most innovative game we've seen in a long time. But if you don't have fun while playing the game, who cares it it's innovative.

Read, Vert, READ and try to understand before you go mouthing off... or maybe you'd just rather troll as usual.

Vert1
09-19-2004, 07:07 PM
Innovation can be applied improperly so that the game turns out to not be fun but that alone does not mean it was meaningless to have tried new things as they can always be improved upon to unlock it?s full potential and it at least it was a fresh experience.I did misread what you were saying earlier to that I apologize.

-edit-ressurection

But if you don't have fun while playing the game, who cares if it's innovative.

I do not agree.You could hate playing Ninja Kid(the first game to randomly generate levels if I recall right) but it still will always get props for doing something that was cool that actually was worth a damn to note in game history first.Innovation creates new possibilities and in an age screaming out for something to break out of the ordinary it has become a key factor.

gta3&VC were entertaining to me but the games are way to overrated just to add.

TheHardware
09-19-2004, 07:48 PM
some folks just lack common sense........

Vert1
09-19-2004, 07:59 PM
Blah I realized that we're all being to uptight over things and I was bound to make a mistake eventually.You've done the same thing TheHardware.Remember when you started ranting madly in a Sony thread when no one meant any harm(as in you were overreacting a lot) and you got heavily criticized later?So quit pestering me.