PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have second thoughts on the gcn?

Messanic
09-08-2004, 08:48 PM
I was at my friends house yesterday and we were playing Street Fighter Anniversary Collection for ps2. I said that I have to get this game and he told me to wait and get an xbox then get live and the game. I told him that the next console I buy will be the gcn then he adds that theres no point in getting one, he has one and he doesn't find it too good and investment. Aside from Nintendo games and multi console ports theres no point in getting a gcn, I tried to name off some good games that are on the cube but it turns out he was right. I coundn't name any other games on the gcn besides the games that are from Nintendo and ports that already have or will eventually be ported to the ps2 and xbox.

I knew most of that already but it was worse than I thought, there really isn't much of anything on the cube for me. Part of why I enjoyed the previous Nintendo consoles minus the vboy and n64 was because of the third party support. I just don't see enough of it on the gcn though, its missing the most important part and thats variety in fun factor. Now I'm not so sure I want to buy a gcn anymore, I own a ps2 and I have more action games than rpg's for it even though rpg's are the main reason for people to get one. There are so many fun games that I can play on the others but I can't see that with the cube.

discomfort wings
09-08-2004, 09:00 PM
Since you already got PS2, most games and especially multi ports are coming to the system. If your getting either a xbox or gamecube, your basically just getting the exclusive ones. Just compare the exclusive software library of xbox and gamecube. See which ones you like best. Or maybe you don't need another console at all.

SavedFromSin
09-08-2004, 09:11 PM
I bought my gamecube the day it was released, four months later I wanted to get rid of it. It is the least played system I have and before Tales of Symphonia came out all it did was sit in my closet. I would not get one if I were you. Listen to your friend, buy an Xbox.

Vert1
09-08-2004, 09:56 PM
PS2 and XBOX as a combination is just dumb.With GC and PS2 you will be more satisfied/get more.

Renegade X
09-08-2004, 09:58 PM
I bought a GC on launch day and haven't regreted it... I wish Nintendo would wise up and update their stradegy for gaming to be more competitive with Mircosoft and Sony... but as far as games go... I don't have a single regret for droping 200 down on my GC... that said... if your going to buy a console right now... and want the most bang for your buck... the XBOX is the console to get... I mean just look at the specs put next to the other two, and most of all look at the games that are going to be coming out. Now once the next Zelda title comes out and Resident Evil 4 hit, I'd buy a GC to play them, but their not coming out till next year... and theres about 4 months of nothing but Highly Anticapated games coming up.

Vicviper
09-08-2004, 09:58 PM
It's all just a matter of your style of games.

Personally I think the Cube is the best system out right now. I feel I get the most enjoyment out of games by Nintendo. Pikmin, Pikmin2, Mario Kart, Luigi's Mansion, Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2(the demo kicked ass), Animal Crossing, Smash Bros, Wave Race, 3rd party exclusives such as Monkey Ball 1,2 Billy Hatcher and Eternal Darkness, F-Zero.
Plus multi platform games Prince of Persia, Beyond Good and Evil, Tiger Woods

I do enjoy my PS2(if it still worked) and Xbox but GC is where it's at right now for me. Like I say it's all a matter of taste. Make up your own mind .

Vert1
09-08-2004, 10:00 PM
You'd recomend Billy Hatcher for people to buy,Vic?

Sinful Sam
09-08-2004, 10:31 PM
I don’t regret it. I actually play it more then my PS2.

Like what Discomfort Wings said, buy the one that best suits you.

Decado
09-08-2004, 10:42 PM
You can get a GCN so cheap it isn't like you're making much of an investment.

Vert1
09-08-2004, 10:47 PM
Seriously GC and PS2 is the best choice for dual console ownership in your case.You get more variety since XBOX and PS2 tend to generally get the same stuff unlike Cube.

Renegade X
09-08-2004, 11:41 PM
PS2 and XBOX as a combination is just dumb.With GC and PS2 you will be more satisfied/get more.

If you wanna play Nintendo games and don't have access to a Gamecube... get a Gamecube, but this ::points up to the quote:: I don't think I need to tell you what this is... but it it rhymes with Pansoy Pullkit.

Here is what it breaks down to...

If you want to play Nintendo games and play a lot of multiplatform games, you like decent looking games graphically and are on a budget, you get a lot of high quality titles with this unit, and you can even buy a add on to play your GBA games while sitting down. Get a Gamecube if this tickles your fancy.

If you want massive third party support... want some killer third party exclusives, don't mind a system that has "inferior hardware" but willl bring you a good amount of everything, exspecially RPGS and Platformers, and you want to play games online to boot. Go for a PS2.

If your the kind of gamer that lives with Jolt cola and Bawls by your side... loves drop dead gorgous graphics, your the kind of person that loves action of the First Person view or the 3d (and even now 2d) fighting games along with being able to possiblely go online with just about every new game that comes out. XBOX is the way to go.

Now if you wanna break this down price wise.

Best to Worse:

XBOX: Everything you need is almost in the box. Hard Drive, Built in broadband adaptor, hardware that keeps going where the competition just won't dare. Third Party support is moderate to great and theres less sucky filler games than the PS2. Does suffer from terminal exclusives, but if you want to play PC games with out the 2,500+ price tag of a killer PC gaming rig, this is your console... plus the price point is just great right now. Down sides... if you don't like Mircosoft, you might not wanna help them gain anymore money, because that what buying a XBOX basicly does.

Gamecube: Truely the middle man's game system. Doesn't have the best third party support, and it suffers just as much from terminal exclusives as the XBOX. It really shines in the First Party support... you just can't beat a good game made by Nintendo. Also the GBA player is a nice addition you can buy... but we don't buy GBA games to play them at home. Good price, but not great, seeing as it only plays games, no DVD play back, no CD playbakc, nothign like that, it is a pure gaming system (and I have something to say on that subject but thats for another thread) but again, those are just sides to the real meal, the games. Downsides here... the only third party exclusives are ones that where contractual obligations (see Capcom's 4 RE title deal and Squares Crystal Chronicles) anything else will more than likely end up on another system and the third party support at most is spotty, but again, a good Nintendo game is more than enough to make up for that (even though I hate Iwata, I hate what the presidents and bigwigs of Nintendo have done with such a great company, they should be hanged, save Miyamoto, who though i don't know what he does nowadays, is really a great guy and innnovator). Plus 99 bucks... you just can't beat that for a console.

PS2: PS2 has everything... theres no genre that it lacks in... though the quality of whats in those genre's is up in the air... if your a RPG and/or Platform lover... PS2 is the way to go... they have the strangle hold on these markets in my opinion. But it has a lot of down sides... theres a lot of crappy games in their libaries, Sony will nickle and dime you to DEATH with add ons to the unit (hard drive and network adaptor, eye toy etc.) and for it's price, you can get a XBOX... which does have better hardware. Still, to sell over 30 million units... it's gotta be doing something right and it does have the most exclusives thanks to all the RPGs it has.

What does this add up to? Whats the best console combo... XBOX and PS2, both have online play, with these systems, if you don't mind missing out on some great Nintendo titles, you'll get everything else, from Platformers to Shooters, and coupled together... the exclusives and support are just way too good to pass up. But again... if you need your Nintendo fix, the Gamecube and what ever console appeals to you more is the best way to go. Or, you can just do the best thing of all... get a job... or have your mom or dad marry a hot rich person, and have them buy you all 3. :D

IoriYagami n8
09-09-2004, 12:03 AM
The best thing to do is to not only look at what is out, but also what is coming up. 2004 was a very solid year for the Gamecube, especailly in the next three months. In addition to that, 2005 is already shaping up quite nicely.

Other people have said it, but if you have a PS2 you already get access to pretty much whatever you might enjoy on X-box or Gamecube, perhaps not the same game, but something close. It is the relatively few good exclusives on each that make them worthwhile. I will say that in my opinion the Gamecube and X-box have had the over all best quality of exclusive titles. For Gamecube, Nintendo plays a big role in that, that doesn't mean Nintendo games are bad and that you shouldn't buy a system that has it's best games coming from Nintendo. On the other hand, the best X-box games have typically involved some level of Live support or shooting something. That isn't to say that it makes it a bad choice, however.

Just think about the type of games you enjoy playing and look at the systems exclusives to see where you can get the most of them. But to say that Gamecube is bad because it's best exclusives come from Nintendo is silly. They are still great games regardless.

Messanic
09-09-2004, 01:04 AM
Thats the thing I don't care about:

Inferior hardware
Superior Ports (graphics, load times etc.)
Online play
Most of Nintendo's first party titles

I have many friends with the other consoles, I managed to play them all and many games for them because of that. But only one of my friends own all three and happened to point out how "great" the cube really is. My big fear is buying a gamecube only to realize that I'll have 2 games for it while my ps2 ends up with 30 times that amount.

Decado
09-09-2004, 01:09 AM
If you don't care about Nintendo's 1st party titles there isn't much reason to get a GCN (essentially forget what I said about price...even if it a little, there is no point wasting money).

That said, from the situation you decribed, I'd almost say don't bother getting another system until you run out of games to get on the PS2 (which should be pretty tough).

Messanic
09-09-2004, 01:33 AM
If you don't care about Nintendo's 1st party titles there isn't much reason to get a GCN (essentially forget what I said about price...even if it a little, there is no point wasting money).

That said, from the situation you decribed, I'd almost say don't bother getting another system until you run out of games to get on the PS2 (which should be pretty tough).

Dammit, I didn't type my last post too well did I? I liked a lot of gcn exclusives, but then ToS gets ported to ps2, Monkey Ball are also Rumored to being ported to ps2 and xbox, VJ2 is on both the gcn and ps2. What I want is to be able to buy a gcn and comfortably say that I have at least 10 games that will never be on the ps2 or xbox that arent from Nintendo. Name me 10 great games for gamecube that arent on the ps2 or xbox already or eventually will be on those two, and they can't be Nintendo titles either. I think that this will put more confidence in my choice of buying a cube.

naruto_sensei
09-09-2004, 01:53 AM
resident evil
metal gear solid: twin snakes
Ikaruga
phantasy star online episode I&2
resident evil 0
final fantasy crystal chronicles

I was just checking up gamerankings, and I could only find 6 titles that weren't multi-platform or done by nintendo, before the scroes started falling below 80%.

of course ther a few good titles coming up. resident evil 4, baten kaitos, and a few other ones.

but hey, if you're only looking for good 3rd party software you better look elsewere.
like the XBOX (althought I don't like its titles all that much either) :annoyed:

TheHardware
09-09-2004, 02:04 AM
heres how it really goes

best to worst..err no one really cares about the box..i mean they play games..and games are what matter

on the ps2 you get the best games period....MGS SE - JAK 3 - ratchet and clank - GTA san andreas - Gran turismo - killzone - DMC3...kingdom hearts - FF12 (and there all exclusive).....wait a min you already own a ps2...i am wasting my breath ..(now wonders why renegade x went through all that trouble)

anyway

xbox or gamecube

on one hand you have xbox which has very few good games....yeah yeah we know how good most of th egames look..but thats about it..they play terribly....thier best game is a FPS (which is surprising to me).....racing ..you got forza coming...but you have ps2 youll get Gt or enthusa - flying - youll get ace combat 5 - platfor they got blinx coming....but youll get jak 3 or ratchet and clank..(which has a "free" online mode) - sports thats a draw draw both have voice com and online....(but you dont have to dish out 50 bucks a year for "live"...on the ps2 ..which you already have.....that would be XXX for new system XX for live and XX for sports game...or XX for sposrts game on the ps2.. hmmmm'

now if getting the inferior version of a game is so bad.....why would you want to get the inferior version of a computer game....do yourself a favor.....get a memory upgrade for your pc a graphix card and get a cube with fun games...you already have enough action on hand and coming with your ps2..but you wont find a duplicate expirience on the cube...great games..even if they are few..and..when the RE drops its a must have...++ the next metroid and the new legend of zelda.....M$ can only offer you an attempt at whats being done on the ps2...trust me..all i play on xbox is halo.....money wasted

Sinful Sam
09-09-2004, 02:54 AM
Exclusive games solely for GC and not from Nintendo that I can think of...

Monkey Ball 1 and 2. It's still a rumor and hasn't been confirmed.
Tails Of Symphonia is still GC exclusive outside of outside Japan. No word if it will come out for PS2.
Eternal Darkness~Silicon Knights
Resident Evil 0
RE Remake
RE4
PN03
Amazing Island
Billy Hatcher
Puyo Pop Fever (America only)
Phantasy Star Online 3 Card Revolution
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Donkey Conga is from Namco
Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes
Rebel Strike
Rouge Leader
Star Fox Adventure~Rare
Star Fox ~Namco
Baten Kaitos

If some of these tittles do come out for other consoles you can still buy them for GC and most likely for a much lower price.

Messanic
09-09-2004, 03:02 AM
I did a little searching myself and only came up with six great games that I could buy for the cube that arent from Nintendo and arent on the ps2 or xbox.

RE4
Baten Kaitos
Super Robot Taisen GC
Megaman Battle Network Transmission
Harvest Moon a Wonderful Life
Eternal Darkness

I've played the three games on the bottom but not the ones on the top, just four more to go.

j_factor
09-09-2004, 03:14 AM
Adding to people's lists, I have to say that Hudson's offerings have been great on GC. Three Bomberman games -- Generation, Jetters, and Land 2 -- each of which is very different and each of which is great. They also made remakes of PC Genjin (bonk), Lode Runner, Star Soldier, and Adventure Island; normally I don't care for remakes, but these were done wonderfully.

I'm looking at my GC games... I have 12, and only one is actually first-party. Another one is Rare's Starfox Adventures which was Nintendo-published, but the other 10 are completely third-party, 9 of which I am completely satisfied with, one I plan on getting rid of at some point. The point of that run-on sentence is that my Gamecube games are more often than not third-party, and I think Gamecube is a pretty good system.

highlandFOUR
09-09-2004, 06:00 AM
You'd recomend Billy Hatcher for people to buy,Vic?
Yeah it's a great game

BlindMaphisto
09-09-2004, 09:40 AM
I knew most of that already but it was worse than I thought, there really isn't much of anything on the cube for me. Part of why I enjoyed the previous Nintendo consoles minus the vboy and n64 was because of the third party support. I just don't see enough of it on the gcn though, its missing the most important part and thats variety in fun factor. Now I'm not so sure I want to buy a gcn anymore, I own a ps2 and I have more action games than rpg's for it even though rpg's are the main reason for people to get one. There are so many fun games that I can play on the others but I can't see that with the cube.

Sounds like you allready got a good idea of what you want to do I would go with it. Ninja Gaiden, GG#R with online play, the capcom game you mentioned playing with online play, Panzer dragoon Orta, Crimson skies, Rallysport challenge, Fable, Kingdom under fire, and lots and lots of FPS if thats your thing. Plus you will never have to buy a memory card with xbox unless you need to transport saves to a friends console with was a plus in my book. If you get an xbox you should have enough exclusive games to justify your purchase. If your not interested in nintendo games then you might find the Gc lacking, unless they turn things around in 2005.

THE ICHI
09-09-2004, 10:25 AM
heres how it really goes

best to worst..err no one really cares about the box..i mean they play games..and games are what matter

on the ps2 you get the best games period....MGS SE - JAK 3 - ratchet and clank - GTA san andreas - Gran turismo - killzone - DMC3...kingdom hearts - FF12 (and there all exclusive).....wait a min you already own a ps2...i am wasting my breath ..(now wonders why renegade x went through all that trouble)

anyway

xbox or gamecube

on one hand you have xbox which has very few good games....yeah yeah we know how good most of th egames look..but thats about it..they play terribly....thier best game is a FPS (which is surprising to me).....racing ..you got forza coming...but you have ps2 youll get Gt or enthusa - flying - youll get ace combat 5 - platfor they got blinx coming....but youll get jak 3 or ratchet and clank..(which has a "free" online mode) - sports thats a draw draw both have voice com and online....(but you dont have to dish out 50 bucks a year for "live"...on the ps2 ..which you already have.....that would be XXX for new system XX for live and XX for sports game...or XX for sposrts game on the ps2.. hmmmm'

now if getting the inferior version of a game is so bad.....why would you want to get the inferior version of a computer game....do yourself a favor.....get a memory upgrade for your pc a graphix card and get a cube with fun games...you already have enough action on hand and coming with your ps2..but you wont find a duplicate expirience on the cube...great games..even if they are few..and..when the RE drops its a must have...++ the next metroid and the new legend of zelda.....M$ can only offer you an attempt at whats being done on the ps2...trust me..all i play on xbox is halo.....money wasted

What the heck you just compared Xbox games to Ps2 games and not GC games at all. That's not true about the Xbox . It doesn't matter what gender, it's the game that counts and it's a good one too.
Three years and it still having a fun factor :love:
What you talking about only Halo is the only game, there is:
Dead or Alive Ultimate also online
Halo 2 also online
Guilty Gear XX Reloaded also online
OutRun 2 also online
Phantom Dust also online
Doom 3 has Co op Mode
Sports titles look better on Xbox also Online
Forza Motorsport online
Crimsom Skies online
Crimsom Sea
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Ninja Gaiden
Kingdom under Fire also online
All fighting games that come to Xbox will be better because of Online play
All Multi-Platform games are better on Xbox. There are alot more games to name but the point is GC or Xbox not PS2.

bemanisuperstar
09-09-2004, 10:55 AM
nope but everytime I think of getting a Cube I have 2nd thoughts and don't bother

Alistein
09-09-2004, 11:33 AM
I own both a GC and an xbox i would say both are equally good. Like most have already pointed out you can only get the Nintendo exclusives on the Gc which is justifies having one and besides the GC is just $100 you could get it and rent games cheaply.
The xbox is also a great choice the system started a bit late but it's now moving up and right now as far as I am concerned as a chance of outputting the best console games.
Games like Panzer dragoon Orta
Ninja Gaiden
Splinter cell series
Full spectrum warrior
Chronicles of Riddick
and a few others show a lot on the xbox in addition ambitious looking games llike Advent Rising ,Strident(just confirmed by Phantagram),Jade Empire, halo 2, Blinx 2, Phantom dust, Kingdom under fire and so many more are just a few games on the list easily making xbox the console to have for now.

bemanisuperstar
09-09-2004, 12:34 PM
Started late?

It came out 3 days before the Cube did

and had a bigger launch if I recall

Alistein
09-09-2004, 12:54 PM
Started late?

It came out 3 days before the Cube did

and had a bigger launch if I recall
I was talking aboutv the impact. It certainly wasn't making the impact it is now back then which is one of the reasons the ps2 was able to easily ascend above it in sales. there weren't enough games then.

j_factor
09-09-2004, 03:15 PM
Yeah it's a great game

Billy Hatcher is so underrated. :cool guy:

TheHardware
09-09-2004, 03:31 PM
What the heck you just compared Xbox games to Ps2 games and not GC games at all. That's not true about the Xbox . It doesn't matter what gender, it's the game that counts and it's a good one too.
Three years and it still having a fun factor :love:
What you talking about only Halo is the only game, there is:
Dead or Alive Ultimate also online
Halo 2 also online
Guilty Gear XX Reloaded also online
OutRun 2 also online
Phantom Dust also online
Doom 3 has Co op Mode
Sports titles look better on Xbox also Online
Forza Motorsport online
Crimsom Skies online
Crimsom Sea
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Ninja Gaiden
Kingdom under Fire also online
All fighting games that come to Xbox will be better because of Online play
All Multi-Platform games are better on Xbox. There are alot more games to name but the point is GC or Xbox not PS2.

err i was being a smart ass to renegade being a smart ass. ....he ALREADY HAS PS2....the only choices he has are xbox and gc.....reading is fundamental....exersize that

THE ICHI
09-09-2004, 03:37 PM
err i was being a smart ass to renegade being a smart ass. ....he ALREADY HAS PS2....the only choices he has are xbox and gc.....reading is fundamental....exersize that

You mean you was being a BAKA :lol: ok I get it :annoyed:

Escaflowne2001
09-09-2004, 04:04 PM
Regret? no there's been good games on the GC but I haven't touched mine in months there is simply nothing new at the moment though ToS and PIkmin 2 are out by the end of the year they'll last a little while.

Well Man
09-09-2004, 05:54 PM
Like everyone here has already stated, it depends on your taste.

Me I only own a GC, but I haven't even had enough time to play the gamees I could afford to get so I still cool with it. Xbox has lots of games, most of which are expendable, but the gems it does have are indeed gems. But honestly if you feel your taste are more toward first person shooters, fighters, and PC like RPGs then I recommend Xbox.

As for the fact that most GC exclusives are going to PS2, Sega stated they wanted to put Skies of Arcadia on PS2 a year ago, haven't heard word since. Probably because of the all the restructuring they are under going, so don't except any GC to PS2 ports other than Sonic Mega Collection this generation.

j_factor
09-09-2004, 09:45 PM
The PS2 SoA port was officially canned many moons ago.

Vert1
09-09-2004, 09:46 PM
Yuji Naka likes GC a lot and said the hardware is similar to DC.SoA on PS2 was canned because let's face it the PS2 hardware is crap to develop for.

Perhonorificus
09-10-2004, 12:18 AM
I do have seconds thoughts, mostly because my Gamecube did not come cheap when I purchased it. The Xbox has some great gems if you're willing to search a little. I have just recently acquired mine, and I already have as many games for it as I do for my Gamecube (and that's without owning Halo, which isn't even on my wishlist.) Ironically, my PS2, despite its old age and its poor reputation, has been my most stable "current generation" gaming hardware, while the Gamecube has been giving me many disc errors.

Paper exe
09-10-2004, 09:13 AM
I have Xbox and gamecube
gamecube is 12454653225787 times better than Xbox
most of Xbox games released for PC or PS2
name 10 good Xbox exclsives
gamecube is better because
1-gamecube have more games then Xbox(Xbox have about 500 games gamecube have about 1500 games)
2-all nintendo games for gamecube are great or good or master piece if you don't belief me GO TO WWW.GAMERANKINGS.COM
3-MP get higher score than halo
4-Xbox will stop after 1 or 2 years gamecube will stop after 3 or 4 years
5-gamecube have more japan games
6-most of Xbox games are FPS
7-gamecube is cheaper
8-gamecube have better controler than Xbox
9-3d partys support gamecube as much as Xbox(if you count all GC and Xbox games that released in japan and US they will have the same 3d party games)

PS:there is more :D

Renegade X
09-10-2004, 10:13 AM
I have Xbox and gamecube
gamecube is 12454653225787 times better than Xbox
most of Xbox games released for PC or PS2
name 10 good Xbox exclsives
gamecube is better because
1-gamecube have more games then Xbox(Xbox have about 500 games gamecube have about 1500 games)
2-all nintendo games for gamecube are great or good or master piece if you don't belief me GO TO WWW.GAMERANKINGS.COM
3-MP get higher score than halo
4-Xbox will stop after 1 or 2 years gamecube will stop after 3 or 4 years
5-gamecube have more japan games
6-most of Xbox games are FPS
7-gamecube is cheaper
8-gamecube have better controler than Xbox
9-3d partys support gamecube as much as Xbox(if you count all GC and Xbox games that released in japan and US they will have the same 3d party games)

PS:there is more :D

1 Dude... quit pulling numbers out of your arse... thats about as true as saying people don't need to breath to live. And I bring you as listed on EBGames, Total XBOX Games: appox 800 Total Gamecube titles: appox 500.

2 Nobody said nintendo's own games sucked.

3 ::hits the buzzer:: WRONG, do youself a favor and look up Halo and MP on game ranking, Prime out did Halo by 00.1% oooooh yeah, Prime really owned Halo... lets not forget that there was a YEARS difference betweent he two games... a whole year just to do .1 better than Halo.

4 Ummmm, whoop de do? At least the next XBOX won't be starting from total scratch, their have XBOX Live carrying over, what of the Gamecube will be carried over into "Revolution"?

5 And still with more Japan support, the XBOX still has a bigger libaray and better third party support.

6 Hmmmm, Ninja Gaiden, Fable, Project Gotham, DOA, Advent Rising, Burnout 3, Full Specturm Warrior (don't youi even dare try to call it a shooter), hmmmm, I think your going for the gold here Paper.

7 Yes, it is... but only if you don't buy a memory card. with a memory card, for 20 bucks more, you can get a hard drive and better hardware over all.. yep it's cheaper, and it shows!

8 .... HA yeah, if your 10... at least I have a choice with the XBOX on if I want a bit controller or a small one.

9 Congradulations Paper, you've offically taken the title of Most Lazy Forum Member away from Vert, I don't see third parties out right dropping XBOX support... I also don't see XBOX losing any developers like Nintendo did with Silcon Knights and Midway, just before they actually hit a winning streak of games mind you.

It amazes me where some of you pull this stuff from sometimes... go do some research, shesh, it's not like it's hard to find stuff with the INTERNET.

Black Sugar
09-10-2004, 11:39 AM
I'm having second thought with the Gamecube, but enough to sell it. I was expecting fewer games, but not that much. Up until now the Gamecube is the almost exact replica of the Nintendo 64. Not enough games.

Paper exe
09-10-2004, 12:16 PM
1 Dude... quit pulling numbers out of your arse... thats about as true as saying people don't need to breath to live. And I bring you as listed on EBGames, Total XBOX Games: appox 800 Total Gamecube titles: appox 500.

2 Nobody said nintendo's own games sucked.

3 ::hits the buzzer:: WRONG, do youself a favor and look up Halo and MP on game ranking, Prime out did Halo by 00.1% oooooh yeah, Prime really owned Halo... lets not forget that there was a YEARS difference betweent he two games... a whole year just to do .1 better than Halo.

4 Ummmm, whoop de do? At least the next XBOX won't be starting from total scratch, their have XBOX Live carrying over, what of the Gamecube will be carried over into "Revolution"?

5 And still with more Japan support, the XBOX still has a bigger libaray and better third party support.

6 Hmmmm, Ninja Gaiden, Fable, Project Gotham, DOA, Advent Rising, Burnout 3, Full Specturm Warrior (don't youi even dare try to call it a shooter), hmmmm, I think your going for the gold here Paper.

7 Yes, it is... but only if you don't buy a memory card. with a memory card, for 20 bucks more, you can get a hard drive and better hardware over all.. yep it's cheaper, and it shows!

8 .... HA yeah, if your 10... at least I have a choice with the XBOX on if I want a bit controller or a small one.

9 Congradulations Paper, you've offically taken the title of Most Lazy Forum Member away from Vert, I don't see third parties out right dropping XBOX support... I also don't see XBOX losing any developers like Nintendo did with Silcon Knights and Midway, just before they actually hit a winning streak of games mind you.

It amazes me where some of you pull this stuff from sometimes... go do some research, shesh, it's not like it's hard to find stuff with the INTERNET.

1-gamecube have gameboy player :annoyed:
3-NINTENDO bought RS in 2001 :annoyed: they took only 1 year
4-not every one live in US or japan or europe
5-not ever japan game release in US (PS2 have 700 in US 1500 games in japn)
6-3 of these games are not exclusive
7-stall cheaper
8-both Xbox controller are bad they are not comfortable like the gamecube controller (every on i know said gamecube controller is better than Xbox and they are 6~20 years old)and 2 of them are anti-nintendo the other likes PS2 )
9-capcom and sega and konami :P

It amazes me where some of you pull this stuff from sometimes... go do some research, shesh, it's not like it's hard to find stuff with the INTERNET :spinface:

vherub
09-10-2004, 12:29 PM
It doesnt really matter if a game gets ported from your console of choice to another. Its not like your game suddenly ceases to work.
All of the consoles have ports from other systems. I am more bothered when the port is lazy and/or nothing new. Many of the ps2 games that get ported over to xbox or gamecube are just terrible, and do not take advantadge of the better systems at all.

I am also concerned less about the 3rd party games that are not available on the cube, and moreso for nintendo's bizarre denial that online gaming is a-coming. This results in 3rd party games like Splinter Cell, Tony Hawk, etc that could go online for the cube but do not because the developer either doesnt see the point/support level or just doesnt understand the cube can go online. This 3rd party games are inferior on the cube and do little to encourage more 3rd party games to be released when comparative numbers are lower. It is this online void that can potentially damage the next nintendo console far more than a dearth of mediocre 3rd party games.

Escaflowne2001
09-10-2004, 01:06 PM
9-capcom and sega and konami

Capcom: Street Fighter Collection
Sega: Otogi 2, Outrun 2
Konami: Err...don't think they ever surported the XB or GC really other then to make quick cash.

Renegade X
09-10-2004, 01:25 PM
1-gamecube have gameboy player :annoyed:
3-NINTENDO bought RS in 2001 :annoyed: they took only 1 year
4-not every one live in US or japan or europe
5-not ever japan game release in US (PS2 have 700 in US 1500 games in japn)
6-3 of these games are not exclusive
7-stall cheaper
8-both Xbox controller are bad they are not comfortable like the gamecube controller (every on i know said gamecube controller is better than Xbox and they are 6~20 years old)and 2 of them are anti-nintendo the other likes PS2 )
9-capcom and sega and konami :P

It amazes me where some of you pull this stuff from sometimes... go do some research, shesh, it's not like it's hard to find stuff with the INTERNET :spinface:

Oh my frickin' god... you consider GB-GBA games to be part of the Gamecube line up... oh you gotta be kidding me... Oh and if you add the cost of the GBA player, then you really are getting a better deal with the XBOX. And gee, it makes you think what Prime would of been like if they had took more time... What does living in a different place have to do with making a console Paper? Yeah, I slipped with Burn out but the rest are exclusive... Unless your thinking Advent Rising is coming to the GC or PS2 which... it isn't... and Full Spectrum is still console exclusive. And as I said, cheaper but by far the worse fuctionality. Yeah, I wonder how we can test that survey of yours Paper :rolleyes: and Sega nor Konami have abandoned the XBOX, and Capcom is still putting out titles on the Xbox as well might I add their putting just as many titles on the XBOX as they are on the Gamecube, if you rule out off the the multiplatform titles...

Come on Paper... I know your can put better arguments than this.

Messanic
09-10-2004, 01:27 PM
I've actually taken a look at both the xbox and gamecube and the xbox has won, as much as I'd like to go back to a Nintendo console, I just don't see the point now. Nintendo is even worse than Sega in the fact that although they had to mostly depend on themselves for games at least they had better third party support. The games from both Sega and third parties were different enough from the other consoles that they at least warrented a purchase, thats not the case with the gcn. So I'm gonna get an xbox now, at least I'll be able to support the ds without this problem.

Paper exe
09-10-2004, 01:36 PM
Capcom: Street Fighter Collection
Sega: Otogi 2, Outrun 2
Konami: Err...don't think they ever surported the XB or GC really other then to make quick cash.
Street Fighter Collection is old PS2 game
it looks like sega want to get rad of there Xbox games realy quick they will release them in the same month :lol:
in japan konami make one or two games for gamecube but they never release it in US
PS:it is not fair to compar Xbox and the US gamecube
because Xbox originaly made in US that why it have alot of games in US gamecube originaly made in japan so you have to compar Xbox games in US and gamecube games in japan

Messanic
09-10-2004, 01:45 PM
it looks like sega want to get rad of there Xbox games realy quick they will release them in the same month :lol:
in japan konami make one or two games for gamecube but they never release it in US
PS:it is not fair to compar Xbox and the US gamecube
because Xbox originaly made in US that why it have alot of games in US gamecube originaly made in japan so you have to compar Xbox games in US and gamecube games in japan

My ass, the xbox was made in the U.S. and that was all, it's Nintendo's own damn fault for not following up on thier home console. But you don't even live in America or Japan do you Paper? So why does the Japanese market and U.S. market matter to you? Your able to get the games either way arent you?

Escaflowne2001
09-10-2004, 01:48 PM

Yes I sure no other companies have ever released two games in the same month on a console.

Doesn't matter if it's a old PS2 port of a port makes no difference to XB owners but where's the GC version?

Paper exe
09-10-2004, 02:03 PM
My ass, the xbox was made in the U.S. and that was all, it's Nintendo's own damn fault for not following up on thier home console. But you don't even live in America or Japan do you Paper? So why does the Japanese market and U.S. market matter to you? Your able to get the games either way arent you?
no i can only get US games :crying: and i have to wait 3 or 7 or 14 days or 1 or 2 or 4 months or 1 or 3 or 5 years :crying: too release here
and i cannot play :kill: Xbox live :crying:
My ass, the xbox was made in the U.S. and that was all, it's Nintendo's own damn fault for not following up on thier home console.
you now that this is not nintendo fault it is the 3d party fault
and PS2 have about 700 games in US and have 1500 games in japan
that means there are about 200 gamecube japan only games
and in japan gamecube have alot more games than Xbox

Vert1
09-10-2004, 09:15 PM
Let's get something straight.XBOX is nowhere as good as Gamecube.

Ooohh wow I can play a fighter people have been playing on DC for years big woop on my PS2 and XBOX but noooottt Gamecube :rolleyes: .I wan't new fighters darnit.

Renegade X
09-10-2004, 09:16 PM
about 200 gamecube japan only games
and in japan gamecube have alot more games than Xbox

Yeah and Paper, do you know exactly what those Japan Only games add up to in the end.... jack squat... I mean who care if about Japan only games... it's not like we're going to get to play them unless we import... the only games that matter are the ones that make it out of their home territory and out into the world.

Vert1
09-10-2004, 09:18 PM
that's bs! There are a good amount of superb games that are Japan only that should count as games.Than again Japan doesn't matter as you say.
:rolleyes:

Mainstreme Fan
09-11-2004, 02:22 AM
Even if the xbox has more game then the GC, their exculive line up is the worst of the 3. most of the good games on the xbox could find on together system, but of course xbox fans will say they have the best version casue their graphic brats.

SpaceManSpiff
09-11-2004, 05:00 AM
Yeah, Xbox pretty much has the same stuff as ps2. Well, except for: Halo, Halo 2, Fable, KOTOR, Crimson Skies, Otogi, Otogi 2, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Full Spectram Warrior, KOTOR 2, Jade Empire, Chronicles of Riddick, Counter Strike, Unreal Championship, JSRF, Ninja Gaiden, Conker:live and reloaded, Dead or Alive Ultimate, Kingdom Under Fire, Breakdown, Thief: deadly shadows, Metal Slug 3, Advent Rising, and Doom 3. But other than that, ps2 and xbox are pretty much the same. :rolleyes:

Escaflowne2001
09-11-2004, 11:23 AM
None of that PC sh!t either before you start.

Vert1
09-11-2004, 03:02 PM
Yeah, Xbox pretty much has the same stuff as ps2. Well, except for: Halo, Halo 2, Fable, KOTOR, Crimson Skies, Otogi, Otogi 2, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Full Spectram Warrior, KOTOR 2, Jade Empire, Chronicles of Riddick, Counter Strike, Unreal Championship, JSRF, Ninja Gaiden, Conker:live and reloaded, Dead or Alive Ultimate, Kingdom Under Fire, Breakdown, Thief: deadly shadows, Metal Slug 3, Advent Rising, and Doom 3. But other than that, ps2 and xbox are pretty much the same. :rolleyes:

Geez you couldn't make XBOX look like a bigger joke by listing every(ok 3/4) good game coming for it is found somewhere else.

THE ICHI
09-11-2004, 03:52 PM
Geez you couldn't make XBOX look like a bigger joke by listing every(ok 3/4) good game coming for it is found somewhere else.

What are you talking about :rolleyes: Those games are awesome :love: and only on Xbox

Vert1
09-11-2004, 04:02 PM
Practically all those games are found on PC or somewhere else.You wonder why people call" XBOX a poormans PC" or a "pc in a box". :sweat:

THE ICHI
09-11-2004, 04:04 PM
What you say about Xbox I will kill you :kill: :donno:

Messanic
09-11-2004, 04:09 PM
Vert, thier right for the most part, those games can't be found on pc right now. I just don't want to play just Nintendo games so I'm not getting a gcn. When the library gets stuff that I know I can't find on the other consoles then I'll buy one.

Escaflowne2001
09-11-2004, 04:32 PM
Practically all those games are found on PC or somewhere else.You wonder why people call" XBOX a poormans PC" or a "pc in a box". :sweat:

Wouldn't do much good to owning the PC versions unless I just wanna look at the pretty manuel.

Vert1
09-11-2004, 05:06 PM
I think it's disgusting to sell a video game system with pretty much only PC games stolen from it to sell it.

Escaflowne2001
09-11-2004, 05:23 PM
most are on the XB first or developed at the same time, just because SOA Legends, Sonic Adventure 2: Battle was ported to the PC did you suddenly hate it?

BlindMaphisto
09-11-2004, 05:27 PM
I think it's disgusting to sell a video game system with pretty much only PC games stolen from it to sell it.

What you call disgusting I call making a system so close to the pc that porting the great games of the pc, and conversly the great games of the xbox to pc, is cheap and easy is a brilliant way for a new name in the console industry to get started.

What I call disgusting is being the undesputed industry leader once upon a time but dropping the ball so hard that they are surpassed by Sony, and then struggling to compete with the new kid on the block for second place, and by many accounts, looseing to it.

But I guess thats why they call it perspective.

Vert1
09-11-2004, 05:30 PM
most are on the XB first or developed at the same time, just because SOA Legends, Sonic Adventure 2: Battle was ported to the PC did you suddenly hate it?

No that's not it.I don't like XBOX because it enters the video game market and pretty much only sells on game taken off of the PC.Majority of XBOX's good games are not only on XBOX.Video game ports and watered down PC ports are two different things.

What I call disgusting is being the undesputed industry leader once upon a time but dropping the ball so hard that they are surpassed by Sony, and then struggling to compete with the new kid on the block for second place, and by many accounts, looseing to it.

But I guess thats why they call it perspective.

Even the greatest have bad days...Well actually all other console leaders have turned into third parties and are dying away...It is disgusting that Sony has become number1 and screwed up video games while everyone redicules Nintendo.Yes that is very disgusting. :too mad:

naruto_sensei
09-11-2004, 05:33 PM
Yeah, Xbox pretty much has the same stuff as ps2. Well, except for:Halo, Halo 2, Fable, KOTOR, Crimson Skies, Otogi, Otogi 2, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Full Spectram Warrior, KOTOR 2, Jade Empire, Chronicles of Riddick, Counter Strike, Unreal Championship, JSRF, Ninja Gaiden, Conker:live and reloaded, Dead or Alive Ultimate, Kingdom Under Fire, Breakdown, Thief: deadly shadows, Metal Slug 3, Advent Rising, and Doom 3. But other than that, ps2 and xbox are pretty much the same. :rolleyes:

halo XBOX, PC, MAC
halo 2 XBOX
fable XBOX
KOTOR XBOX, PC
crimson skies XBOX
Otogi XBOX
Otogi 2 XBOX
Panzer XBOX
full spectrum warrior XBOX, PC
KOTOR 2 XBOX, PC
Jade empire XBOX
chronicles of riddick XBOX, PC
counter strike XBOX, PC
unreal championship XBOX
JSRF XBOX
ninja gaiden XBOX
conker: live&reloaded XBOX (a remake of a 4 year old game, with better graphics, wow this is tottaly going to rule :rolleyes: )
DOA: ultimate XBOX
kingdom under fire XBOX
Breakdown XBOX (kind of innovative, the gameplay is average though)
thief: DS XBOX, PC
metal slug 3 XBOX, neo-geo, MVS(PS2 version may still come out)
advent rising XBOX, PC
doom 3 XBOX, PC (graphics are, nice gameplay is nothing special however)

wow what a nice list of games, almost half of them, can't be found on PS2 but can be found somewhere else.
btw spacemanspiff this is not directed to you but rather to the people who said these game were XBOX exclusive.

BlindMaphisto
09-11-2004, 05:39 PM
Didn't some thread say Riddick was going to be on ps2?

If it's a good port I recommend picking it up it was pretty fun.

Let me tell you why I Like the fact that the xbox has pc games. Basically, it's because I don't like playing games at my pc. I didn't get my first computer till I was 18 but I got my first joystick when I was, hell, it was an atari 2600, old school. So I feel more comfertable playing games with a joy stick or controller of some sort. The second reason is, well, the same as the first. Sitting in front of a 17-21 inch moniter in a computer chair Vs sitting in a comvertable sofa or recliner with a huge ass monitor at the ready it just so much better for me. The fact that modern video cards come with video out makes me very happy as I'll be able to get a decent pad for my computer and play some roms. Pc games however are useually completly relient on mouse and keyboard. This is why I got no problam with lots of pc games coming to xbox.

SNKLover
09-11-2004, 09:25 PM
I've only had my Cube for bout a month and I love it more than my PS2 at the moment. The wavebird is a godsend and theres no one who can talk me out of that train of thought :)

I dislike the Xbox for one main reason, it's made by Microsoft. Microsoft already has their pawns on lots of things all over of the world and they were just content making games and buying out game developers, they got greedy and decided to take the pinata down while no one was looking and take out the good candy.

Plus, anyone who has spent a good amount of time dealing with an Microsoft OS, knows how truely evil this people are capable of being :)

Renegade X
09-11-2004, 10:38 PM
I dislike the Xbox for one main reason, it's made by Microsoft. Microsoft already has their pawns on lots of things all over of the world and they were just content making games and buying out game developers, they got greedy and decided to take the pinata down while no one was looking and take out the good candy.

Plus, anyone who has spent a good amount of time dealing with an Microsoft OS, knows how truely evil this people are capable of being :)

I gotta say it... that has to be the stupidest reason to dislike anything. You dislike the XBOX, not because it has in your opinion bad games.... lacks good developer support... you don't like it because you don't like a computer operating system and office productivity developer funds it. Man I'm really gonna hate it for you once you get out in the real world. I mean seriously, the only thing Mircosoft does for the XBOX is fund it's hardware and live developement while making a few games here and there. Do you all really think Nintendo got into gaming because they wanted to be "great innovators in a brand new market." Pfft, please, Nintendo got into gaming for the same reason everybody else did... same reason Mircosoft got in to game for that matter, Money, they wanted to make some and they knew that card games weren't going to be where it was in the coming decades.

Yeah, and as for their OS, you try serving billions of individal computers, while warding off constant attacks from hackers, while still updating your current OS while working a totally new one so that the software doesn't fall behind the constantly advancing hardware, Do I really need to go any further?

Seriously, if your gonna hate the XBOX, hate it for a good reason like you think it doesn't have any good games... or you hate it because it's doing a better job at advancing gaming than other companies... at least that makes some since, hating it because of the company that owns it, thats just stupid.

PS: For those of you that wish to call me a hypocrit, go ahead, but I've never said I hated the Gamecube or hate it because it doesn't have good games. It does and for the record, I hate Nintendo as a company, why? Because they really could of done better this generation, they had no online support for their games and in a era where almost every home has a connection to the internet, it's just plain stupid not to support online gaming. Couple that that up until this years E3, they've been totally ignoring what the fans have been begging for (at least in one area) For what it was meant to do... the Gamecube is a great system... but what it could of been, Nintendo should fire who every they put in charge of making the decsisions to not support at least online gameplay. I mean seriously, Online Mario Kart, Zelda Four Swords, Crystal Chronicles... Mario Party... online Pokemon Colussem, great games offline, but they seriously could of been leagues ahead of the curve, I mean come on, Nintendo's Franchises with Online Gameplay... they could of seriously owned this generation... but their letting their lack of foresight and unwilingness to take chances really drag themselves down.

Vicviper
09-12-2004, 12:06 AM
Yeah and Paper, do you know exactly what those Japan Only games add up to in the end.... jack squat... I mean who care if about Japan only games... it's not like we're going to get to play them unless we import... the only games that matter are the ones that make it out of their home territory and out into the world.

Dude, don't act retarded. Japan gets lots of games North America doesn't and there are more then a handful that are worth playing. Besides all the shooters there are the strip mahjong games :) my favorite.

Renegade X
09-12-2004, 01:52 AM
Dude, don't act retarded. Japan gets lots of games North America doesn't and there are more then a handful that are worth playing. Besides all the shooters there are the strip mahjong games :) my favorite.

I didn't say they weren't worth playing... but they'll never see the light of a english translation nor the light of a publisher. Doesn't help me or anybody else much that doesn't understand Japanese or can read kanji to have games that are only in Japan.

Messanic
09-12-2004, 02:05 AM
I didn't say they weren't worth playing... but they'll never see the light of a english translation nor the light of a publisher. Doesn't help me or anybody else much that doesn't understand Japanese or can read kanji to have games that are only in Japan.

What are you talkin' about man, I play Japanese games to get practice in on my Japanese, I can't read Kanji though.

Renegade X
09-12-2004, 02:26 AM
What are you talkin' about man, I play Japanese games to get practice in on my Japanese, I can't read Kanji though.

So you play games where they speak japanese... not having any other background in the language... no english subtitles or taken any classes in Japanese?

SpaceManSpiff
09-12-2004, 04:01 AM
halo and kotor PC = Glitchy as hell.

Didnt know riddick was on pc though.

Sinful Sam
09-12-2004, 04:05 AM
Didn't KOTOR have a lot of glitches on the Xbox as well?

Renegade X
09-12-2004, 04:17 AM
Didn't KOTOR have a lot of glitches on the Xbox as well?

I think it had that one armor glitch, which could be corrected by restarting the RAM memory I think it was.

SNKLover
09-12-2004, 04:20 AM
Boy you guys sure love to argue with one another LOL

Renegade X, thats my opinion. I'm entitled to one and I can think of another OS that is much better and is wide spread, it's called Linux. If you get off your ass and learn code, you cant bitch about it being flawed because you have the ability to fix it, infact MAC OS X has a script you can tinker with because it's made with Unix :)

Seriously, I can hate who I want, when I want. Much like Bobby Brown says, it's my perogative. I could think of many more reasons to dislike the Xbox, but for now and more specifically for you, I dislike them because they are an evil empire and their OS sucks :)

Nice to meet you Renegade :)

Vicviper
09-12-2004, 09:26 AM

but you did say
the only games that matter are the ones that make it out of their home territory and out into the world.

which is easily understood that if they don't make it out of Japan then they are not worth playing.

BlindMaphisto
09-12-2004, 11:19 AM
but you did say

which is easily understood that if they don't make it out of Japan then they are not worth playing.

It implies that being able to read japanese is required for them to be "worth playing" which most people outside japan dont.

Joe Redifer
09-12-2004, 02:29 PM
Anyone have second thoughts on the gcn?
I don't have any second thoughts about my GameCube Nintendo. Why not? Well, it doesn't cost an arm or a leg or anything like the 3DO did. It doesn't constantly break down like the PS2 does. It performs very well, loads quickly and is small. And there are games available for the system that are must-haves. Even if I never bought another GameCube Nintendo game ever I still wouldn't have any second thoughts about it.

As for import games, hell yeah! I remember the ol' Genesis and Super Nintendo days when I could actually rent Japanese games for those systems. It was freakin' awesome. I played Castlevania 4 long before it came out in the states. And I was probably one of the first Americans ever to have "All your base are belong to us" pop up on his television screen in the form of Zero Wing for the Mega Drive. Ah, good times, great oldies. There is something special about playing import games.

Vicviper
09-12-2004, 11:32 PM
It implies that being able to read japanese is required for them to be "worth playing" which most people outside japan dont.

That's fine. Point is taken. All I'm implying is that better wording would have saved me 3 posts.

MajorHavoc
09-13-2004, 07:28 AM
I don't regret buying my GC and I'm not a big fan of Miyamoto games...I hate his character design...Mario and Link are fugly looking. I like my elves to look and act like the ones in the D&D universe, not the short bus, dorkey Miyamoto elves. Mario is a short fat plumber and is only amusing when battling Donkey Kong.

I bought a GC to mainly play Unity and to play some GBA, GB and GBC games. The GBA player came with my GC for free, so it was a good deal. As long as Unity comes out for the GC, I?ll be happy.

I also really enjoy my Xbox. I love all the great Microsoft Game Studios, Sega and Team Ninja games that can only be found on the Xbox. I also love competition and I?ve got my monies worth with Xbox Live and think it?s a great service. All I know is that DOAU, Halo 2, Outrun 2, Forza, Advent Rising, Jade Empire and MechAssualt 2 can only be found on the Xbox in the near future and I?ll be a happy gamer.

THE ICHI
09-13-2004, 10:54 AM
I don't regret buying my GC and I'm not a big fan of Miyamoto games...I hate his character design...Mario and Link are fugly looking. I like my elves to look and act like the ones in the D&D universe, not the short bus, dorkey Miyamoto elves. Mario is a short fat plumber and is only amusing when battling Donkey Kong.

I bought a GC to mainly play Unity and to play some GBA, GB and GBC games. The GBA player came with my GC for free, so it was a good deal. As long as Unity comes out for the GC, I?ll be happy.

I also really enjoy my Xbox. I love all the great Microsoft Game Studios, Sega and Team Ninja games that can only be found on the Xbox. I also love competition and I?ve got my monies worth with Xbox Live and think it?s a great service. All I know is that DOAU, Halo 2, Outrun 2, Forza, Advent Rising, Jade Empire and MechAssualt 2 can only be found on the Xbox in the near future and I?ll be a happy gamer.

MajorHavoc whats your GameTag so I can play you in DOAU when it comes out.

sharky~
09-13-2004, 12:22 PM
It's all just a matter of your style of games.

Personally I think the Cube is the best system out right now. I feel I get the most enjoyment out of games by Nintendo. Pikmin, Pikmin2, Mario Kart, Luigi's Mansion, Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2(the demo kicked ass), Animal Crossing, Smash Bros, Wave Race, 3rd party exclusives such as Monkey Ball 1,2 Billy Hatcher and Eternal Darkness, F-Zero.
Plus multi platform games Prince of Persia, Beyond Good and Evil, Tiger Woods

I do enjoy my PS2(if it still worked) and Xbox but GC is where it's at right now for me. Like I say it's all a matter of taste. Make up your own mind .

These Nintendo Games are Ok but nothing out standing,
Luigi's Mansion was a terrable game with nice graphics,
Animal Crossing and Pikmin are deffinitly not everyones taste, includeing
mine and the metroid games are nothing out standing compared to what
you can get on the PC, pluss FPS games are better on PC.

Other then that I agree with the other games being good,
but yer I do regret getting my GC its deffinitly my least played Console
(Saturn is still my most played)

Nintendo will have to Impress me ALOT to make me wana buy there next console!

Vicviper
09-13-2004, 10:45 PM
Again a matter of taste. I personally really enjoyed Luigi's Mansion it's only downfall was the overall length. Should have been longer. I would much rather play Metroid Prime then Halo or Call of Duty or even Medal of Honor..............and I LOVE Medal of Honor on the PC. Metroid has a much, much MUCH deeper storyline and exploration then any of the other mentioned FPS games.

What does Nintendo have to do to impress you?

Renegade X
09-13-2004, 11:00 PM
Again a matter of taste. I personally really enjoyed Luigi's Mansion it's only downfall was the overall length. Should have been longer. I would much rather play Metroid Prime then Halo or Call of Duty or even Medal of Honor..............and I LOVE Medal of Honor on the PC. Metroid has a much, much MUCH deeper storyline and exploration then any of the other mentioned FPS games.

What does Nintendo have to do to impress you?

Ok, Luigi's Mansion I can understand, that is taste, MP over Halo, yet another one to taste, I prefer Halo because theirs actual books about it, there a little bit deeper backstory, you just gotta go looking for it.

But Metroid Prime over Medal of Honor... much less Call of Duty... and claiming it has a deeper story... no way, nah ah... You can not even start to compare the two... Prime is pure fiction... Medal of Honor and Call of Duty is actually once living and breathing HISTORY, exploration fine, I'll give you that one, but your spitting in the face of every soldier that died in WWII when you say that metroid prime has a deeper storyline... I won't see Metroid Prime making it into any history books or classrooms, or being talked about by somebody's grandparent. I mean come on... even if you detach yourself from WWII and look at it as purely a few pages in the history book... you can gett more epic than what world was going threw and against during those years.

IoriYagami n8
09-13-2004, 11:15 PM
Well, there is certainly a difference between fiction and non-fiction, as well as original concept and so forth. Metroid Prime wasn't based off of some historical event, it was simply thought up. It isn't spitting in the face of every soldier from WWII to say that Prime had a better story than any WWII game out there. By setting a game in historical context such as WWII it is nothing more than a cheap way to get people into the game. We all know about WWII, there is no reason for the developer to go into the history, to develop the story of one particular soldier, and so forth. It could be done mind you, but it really isn't. It's just a cheap way to get around the issue of storyline.

Rome Total War for example, isn't nearly as story driven as Starcraft. That isn't to say it is a bad game, just that it's storyline isn't as enjoyable. Rome Total War basically just retells battles as accurately as historical record and interpetation allows, while giving you control over the outcome. So to say you enjoy the story of Starcraft more isn't to spit in the faces of past soldiers. Think of it like this, you have good movies based on WWII, and you have bad movies based on WWII. The bad ones typically don't tell much story or get very character involved, they don't delevier any punch or hook for the viewer.

You can't attribute external source material to a games storyline. If I feel the need to complain about the storyline in Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, the books, other movies, and so forth are completely irrelevant. They don't change the fact that Phantom Menace wasn't all that. A story can either stand on it's own, or it can't. That is just one of the few things that makes for good storytelling.

Vicviper
09-14-2004, 11:10 PM
I'm not spitting in the face of any soldier that fought in WWII. And there is a definite difference between non-fiction and fiction. Iori is right that it's just a way for EA to make money off of an actual event in the history of human kind. Let me put it this way. Metroid is supposed to be enjoyed. WWII is supposed to be remembered.

Sinful Sam
09-14-2004, 11:38 PM
Well even some of the WWII games aren’t entirely true. One thing is that the soldier you play as goes trough the whole war from beginning to end.

sharky~
09-15-2004, 09:11 AM
Has anyone played that new Tribes game (forgot the full title)
THAT is my favret FPS at this time.
Expically for Multi PLayer

what about
and Half Life 2

Mainstreme Fan
09-15-2004, 03:03 PM
I'm not spitting in the face of any soldier that fought in WWII. And there is a definite difference between non-fiction and fiction. Iori is right that it's just a way for EA to make money off of an actual event in the history of human kind. Let me put it this way. Metroid is supposed to be enjoyed. WWII is supposed to be remembered.

So don`t that mean EA is spitting in the face of the people who died by making a VG series out of a tragic event?

Renegade X
09-15-2004, 05:26 PM
So don`t that mean EA is spitting in the face of the people who died by making a VG series out of a tragic event?

Except for the fact that the Medal of Honor society actually approved of the game... much like Brothers in Arms is being backed by the VFW Foundation... Sure, those organizations may not speak for all veterans... then again, maybe they do, who knows. It's still remains... saying that something that purely fictional is deeper than something thats as history... I don't care how lame the even was, is just well... uneducated.

Mainstreme Fan
09-16-2004, 01:48 AM
Sence when does a game have to be deep or real to be consider good. That the problem whit gamers,anything that not real is a bad game. :rolleyes: Sure mertiod not a deep series but it has a better storyline then most games like GTA.

Escaflowne2001
09-16-2004, 07:44 AM
Actually, GTA3/GTA:VC has a pretty strong story moreover then Metroid Prime did...

Messanic
09-16-2004, 12:16 PM
Actually, GTA3/GTA:VC has a pretty strong story moreover then Metroid Prime did...

I saw the plot in GTA:VC but not in GTA3, doing missions and going through the plot is actually the fun part about GTA too, unlike the random killing most people do and miss out on all the real fun in the game.

Renegade X
09-16-2004, 01:56 PM

Halo has a great story as well... of course you actually have to read some of the books that have been lisenced to be written. And serioulsy... how has Metroid Prime differed from all the other Metroid games? Samus gets called to do a job... things get fuqed up... she loses all of her cool abilities, spend certain amount of time getting them all back plus a few extras... fights some bosses... ends up fighting some huge behemoth of some unknown origin... everything goes boom... she reveals the "greatest gaming secret" before or after the credits... we wait for next metroid. Not seeing the depth here.

I mean seriously, Halo does have a deeper story... they choose to not only tell it to you in the game, but in books as well. Read the Fall of Reach some time folks... you might find out just how much Chief could own Samus in a fight.

Reality
09-16-2004, 02:57 PM
I personally am not to interested in what MC can do in somebody's book. I could write a book about Samus with all these what not fights and things and that wouldn't mean really anything when she doesn't do half of it in her own game.

For people like me, it was the adventure that Prime gave was the story. I was going by my own impressions and feelings when I was the one exploring the worlds in the game.

Vicviper
09-16-2004, 10:09 PM
I don't care how lame the even was, is just well... uneducated.

Speaking of uneducated, what the hell does this mean?