PDA

View Full Version : Thousand Arms

MoMo
09-02-2004, 06:30 PM
has anyone here played Thousand Arms for ps1? if so, is it good, and worth buying

jayntampa
09-03-2004, 12:05 AM
has anyone here played Thousand Arms for ps1? if so, is it good, and worth buying

hehe I just sold mine on Ebay so I could afford PB and SO3 ... but, to answer your question, yes, I think it's very cool because it has the dating sim aspects in it. You take all the different girls in the game on dates when you visit cities and try and get their affection up - the higher their affection, the better weapons you can craft (you need their spirit to make magic weapons). And, it is pretty funny and the characters are pretty good. I'd recommend it.

Black Sugar
09-03-2004, 09:06 AM
The game is pretty good, but a little short for a RPG game. The characters are interesting and the english voice over are really nicely done. Stroywise there's not much to say about it. Just keep in mind that they emphasis more on the dating sim than anything else.

time&space
09-08-2004, 10:08 AM
I think it's a good game, definitely worth owning. It has interesting characters with an interesting, hand-drawn, 2-d battle interface. It's also part dating sim which is kool considering how none of these ever make it over here from japan.

SavedFromSin
09-08-2004, 03:47 PM

If my memory serves me right, wasnt it called Wild Arms on the PS1 then when the it came to PS2 they called it Thousand Arms?

suronosuke
09-08-2004, 05:57 PM
If my memory serves me right, wasnt it called Wild Arms on the PS1 then when the it came to PS2 they called it Thousand Arms?

Nop, it called thousand arms.

i think i bought the special edition (comes with some sticker or something and i can still recall some 3-d card thingy) Animation looked poor compared to many other ps rpgames. Battle system was ok, you have your Hero (an idoit) attacking and whom ever joins your quest are only there to support you (think bofIV styled support system but a lot better).

Battle system:

........support.......................you......... ................monster............. second thoughts fuk that go look at some in game battle screens for yourself around the net.

story is umm.... hmm.......saved the world.

Dating system:

Chatting up the females and making them love you is a MUST or else you will have no decent magical spell, making your life harder. ok the only thing good about the game is the dating everything else has been done hundred times better. if you dont have these rpgames:

Valkyrie Profile
Tales of destiny 2
final fantasy 7
star ocean 2
suikoden
suikoden 2
Xenogears
Vagrant Story
Wild arms
Breath of fire 4
Grandia

if u dont have one of these get them b4 thousand arms (but if you love date em up guess there is no contest, usless your fluent in jap)