PDA

View Full Version : Brave Fencer Musashi

Black Jesus
08-30-2004, 02:38 PM
that game was pretty cool...i heard something about a 'part 2', but no real details or facts, can someone fill me in?

bemanisuperstar
08-30-2004, 02:40 PM
that game was pretty cool...i heard something about a 'part 2', but no real details or facts, can someone fill me in?

Cel shaded goodness comes to PS2 later this year

naruto_sensei
08-30-2004, 02:56 PM
here's a couple of vids if you're interested http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/682/682859/vids_1.html

Black Jesus
08-30-2004, 03:04 PM
Cel shaded goodness comes to PS2 later this year

JOY! any details about the story? and i hope they keep with the day/night system...im too lazy to go anywhere else then magic box for news...

and thanks for the vids..ill be sure to check those out

DarknessTearv2
08-30-2004, 04:16 PM
Holy ****. More Action RPG goodness.. makes me happy. Brings a tear to my eye! I've known about this for a while now, but I never saw the videos before. It looks yummy, but um.. the AI didn't seem too smart from what I saw..

Dr. Bombay
08-30-2004, 07:12 PM
NEEDS WORK.

I hope Square doesn't decide to rush this one, because honestly, this whole style changed mixed with an already overused graphics style is not going to get it points on the original train.

BFM's old character design > BFM's new character design. The new BFM looks like someone directly torn from the pages of Shaman King. I'm still wondering why that boy is wearing a middrif, it looks like he has boobs.

naruto_sensei
08-30-2004, 07:51 PM
its a boy?

bemanisuperstar
08-30-2004, 08:23 PM
NEEDS WORK.

I hope Square doesn't decide to rush this one, because honestly, this whole style changed mixed with an already overused graphics style is not going to get it points on the original train.

BFM's old character design > BFM's new character design. The new BFM looks like someone directly torn from the pages of Shaman King. I'm still wondering why that boy is wearing a middrif, it looks like he has boobs.

He's gay maybe?

I hope it's as good as the orignal but all signs point to no.

I too am Sick of Cel Shading can't we go with Hi res sprites in 2d?

gabriel
08-31-2004, 12:57 AM
I hope this one has buyable action figures in it, too :haha:

SpaceManSpiff
08-31-2004, 01:37 AM
Ive been trying to get my hands on this game for a while, but it costs a pretty penny for a good copy. I dont want a sratched up copy without the manual and case. :(

DarknessTearv2
08-31-2004, 03:52 AM
Note that this isn't cel-shading, it's a new graphical style that Square-Enix supposedly created, but still similar to cel-shading. Either way, it's not getting old to me. I wish more games looked like Dark Cloud 2.

naruto_sensei
08-31-2004, 03:55 AM
Note that this isn't cel-shading, it's a new graphical style that Square-Enix supposedly created.

what's the difference between normal cel-shading and this? :confused:

DarknessTearv2
08-31-2004, 08:50 AM
No idea, we'll see. They called it "manga-shading" instead of cel-shading. They claimed it was different from what I've read. Maybe it'll have more of a manga feel?

Edit:

All of this is being put together with a cel-shading technique, that director Yoichi Yoshimoto called "manga-shading." The surfaces of the characters were not reduced to solid colors, but instead retained some of their detail and some black outlines.

Dr. Bombay
08-31-2004, 10:37 AM
...Naw, it's cellshading. The Naruto and One Piece games do the same thing. You can call a fish a truck, but it's still a fish.

DarknessTearv2
08-31-2004, 11:59 AM
It's probably different. Either way cel-shading is one of the best forms of graphics ever.

Black Sugar
08-31-2004, 01:14 PM
The original Brave Fencer Musashiden was one of my top favorite PSone title. The cel-shading is alright from what I see. The game might be good, but like Chronos Cross, visually speaking they doesn't have any to do with their precessors.

Sinful Sam
08-31-2004, 08:49 PM
I didn't like how Brave Fencer Musashi played. Not really intressted in the new one.