PDA

View Full Version : PS3 for 2003

Black Sugar
08-15-2002, 08:33 PM
I've been to the Future Shop last night. And while talking to a futurshop saleman about the videogames industry. He told me that Sony Canada called all futur shop retailers last week saying that the PS3 will be release for the end of 2003 / beginning 2004.

While this ain't officially announced in any ways, It's seem that Sony still want to take the advantage by releasing theirs console first on the market

Make sense. If the X-box was release in the same year as the PS2, this would be a completly new story.

What do you think?

Black Ace
08-15-2002, 09:00 PM
This sound BS to me.

Overlord
08-15-2002, 09:03 PM
Won't happen. The chip isn't finished till 2005 anyway.

Alucard
08-16-2002, 02:34 AM
Wont happen. And if it did then all the people who are pissed off at Sega about the length of their systems should then not buy anything Sony aswell. Not that that would happen. Hypocritical bunch. Oops.. Let my mouth run wild there.

Not gonna happen. Sony is making heaps of money with PS2 as is.

xXx Beaver xXx
08-16-2002, 06:16 AM
Its total BS, hahaha, Canadian salesmen...

- Triple X Beaver :spin smil

Overlord
08-16-2002, 06:20 AM
I don't know what this Canadian is going on all aboot! :D

Kid0_oIcarus
08-16-2002, 09:48 AM
Hey now, while amusing - it's might've just been all a big mistake or misunderstanding. Bahamut here is just letting us know what he heard (appreciate it BB)... even if it does sound preposterous, eh? ;)

But, yeah- I agree that if the PS2, GCN, and Xbox would've all been released closer to each other- perhaps things would be very different today.

DBJAY
08-16-2002, 12:33 PM
I wouldn't be suprised if they released a new hardware model of the PS2. Maybe they will combine the network adapter, hard drive, and PS2 into one bundle? Or slim it down like the Psone. There is no way they will release a PS3 when the PS2 is pulling down huge profits right now.

Monkey-King
08-16-2002, 05:50 PM
A new model is possible...Sony changed teh machines every two years or so when PSX was out.

But, PS3 isn't even a possiblity. The hardware let alone the OS will not be ready in that amount of time. Also, give the fact they want to use the CELL the middleware will take another three years anyway. I'd even bet middleware alone will delay the launch a bit more than even Sony thinks. But, Sony has no need to worry right now.

MS can't just drop XBox if they want to migrate ANY of the userbase to the next system. Launching too early with XBox2 would just anger current users. At most MS could try launching a year or six-months earlier than Sony, but they would have to know exactly what Sony was going to make. The best move for either MS or Nintendo is to launch two or three months after Sony but with a MUCH better system....

Pikachu
08-16-2002, 08:24 PM
Maybe they are mixed up the Network Adaptor / hard drive upgrade for PS2, they probably think the upgrade is a PS3??!

Black Sugar
08-21-2002, 07:12 PM
Hey now, while amusing - it's might've just been all a big mistake or misunderstanding. Bahamut here is just letting us know what he heard (appreciate it BB)... even if it does sound preposterous, eh?

NP Kid! At least there's one person who doesn't feel the need to be rude or sarcastic when he doesn't agree with something.

Why would a 28 yrs saleman would told me a lie about this just for the heck of it ? As Kid mention, maybe the guy misunderstood the information. Or maybe Sony was talking about a new kind of hardware ? Who knows?

xXx Beaver xXx
08-24-2002, 09:02 AM
Think aboot this for a second, BB.

Maybe the 28 year old guy is just scr00d? Myabe he felt like he held amazing information to wow you?

Think about that.

- Triple X Beaver :spinface:

Nindalf
08-24-2002, 10:17 AM
agreed

Dr.Nick Riviera
09-04-2002, 06:34 AM
ps3 is gonna be realeased late 2005 early 2006 it was anounced at a share holders meeting in japan more than 3 month ago I will put up the specs real soon

Dr.Nick Riviera
09-04-2002, 08:15 AM
Here is what I know about the ps3 as far as specs go My source for this info is Entertainment Investors Journal August 2002
CPU and CPU speed is still classified
512 meg of memory
plus if 512 megs of memory isnt enough it will also have a 50 to 80 GB hard drive
New contrllers called the Triple Shock will be a little bit bigger than the current sony controllers and will be an evolotion of the ps2 daul shock
The media it will play are the 650 mb psx disks, single layer 4.7 GB DVDs, plus 9 GB daul layer DVDs, and the new blue disk that holds 27 GB single layer and 50+ GB dual layer which is bigger than any game disk out now
this means it will play ps1 and ps2 games as well as having all the types of other features like internal clock and a new "cell" system "in which it utilizes the processing power off all gamers online to accelerate the processing speed for the individuals"
I cant wait to see if sony comes thru with this dream system.
specs for ps3

Kid0_oIcarus
09-04-2002, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Dr.Nick Riviera
...and a new "cell" system "in which it utilizes the processing power off all gamers online to accelerate the processing speed for the individuals"

Read that back to me and tell me it doesn't make any sense.

How are they going to use multiple processors to speed up an individual's task? What happens the the other tasks the other processors are working on? Will they be slowed so that Little Jimmy here can tap the power of the PS3.net to watch the ending credits of a particular game?

Or will it work something like all those "decode this and decode that" projects, where lots of people get together and share unused processing power or something like that? (I once knew what I was talking about.. but even as I type know, I can't remember what it's called, or how it works.. I h8 p0st3r's bl0ck :D)

Doesn't sound to me like it will work well or work at all...

Dr.Nick Riviera
09-04-2002, 08:45 PM
yea I was tryin 2 copy it from The Entertainment Investors Journal the best I could I only had that book for a while .Then had 2 give it back what I posted was an ultra short version of what was in that book and I prob. left alot of important things out. They (sony) were tryin 2 say that it will share unused processing power from other PS3s to enhance the power of other PS3s .