PDA

View Full Version : Secret of Mana Cubed??

Vert1
08-25-2004, 08:07 PM
http://news.spong.com/detail/news.asp?prid=7511

This could be amazing.Discuss!

j_factor
08-25-2004, 09:38 PM
Spong isn't a very reliable source of news, but anyway.

A Seiken Densetsu game on GC would be interesting. I'd have to say though, Legend of Mana (psx) sucked, and Sword of Mana (gba) was rather weak. So even if this were fully confirmed I wouldn't be amazingly optimistic, though I'd still have my eyes peeled.

Dr. Bombay
08-25-2004, 10:04 PM
I honestly never understood why Square was so relucant to put the Seiken Dentestu on Nintendo systems while keeping Final Fantasy on Playstation.

Vert1
08-25-2004, 11:07 PM
Spong isn't a very reliable source of news, but anyway.

well Magicbox is now reporting this as well as

- UNCONFIRMED: IGN reported that Sega is currently working on Super Monkey Ball 3 for GameCube, details of the game will be revealed next month.

Vicviper
08-25-2004, 11:59 PM
Monkey Ball RULES!!!!

SEGA=LOVE

j_factor
08-26-2004, 01:40 AM
Super Monkey Ball 3 was faux announced ages ago. I remember the rumour circulating was that it was to have lan support, and was subtitled "Bananas Crazy" or something like that. AV officially denied the lan announcement, but didn't deny that they were going to make SMB3. I took that to mean that it was coming, but a long ways off.

Omega's Dust
08-26-2004, 04:25 AM
GC would be interesting. I'd have to say though, Legend of Mana (psx) sucked, and Sword of Mana (gba) was rather weak. So even if this were fully confirmed I wouldn't be amazingly optimistic, though I'd still have my eyes peeled.

I would have to agree.

DarknessTearv2
08-26-2004, 04:55 AM
Legend of Mana is soooo underrated.

Omega's Dust
08-26-2004, 07:13 AM
Legend of Mana is soooo underrated.

I would have to disagree.

Paper exe
08-26-2004, 07:36 AM
the Mana games are great :P :P

Omega's Dust
08-26-2004, 08:02 AM
the Mana games are great :P :P

I would have to partcialy agree.

Alistein
08-26-2004, 09:37 AM
I honestly never understood why Square was so relucant to put the Seiken Dentestu on Nintendo systems while keeping Final Fantasy on Playstation.
I think it's a good idea for Square to share their IPs between the consoles. Secret of Mana on Cube would be quite nice just hope it doesn't require the GBA linl like Final fantasy did and it had better be a good story too. Let's hpe they have something to show at TGS.

DarknessTearv2
08-26-2004, 11:52 AM
What's so bad about Legend of Mana?

Red-Cell
08-26-2004, 12:09 PM
Why dose nobody like LOM? I started to play it but set it down when I finally got around to starting TOS. True (Legend) isn?t all big and futuristic with epic action, but so far I?ve found it to have a quaint charm about it. Am I missing something?

sharky
08-26-2004, 04:56 PM
Monkey Ball RULES!!!!

SEGA=LOVE
Yaaayyyyy!!! .. *does the monkey ball 3 dance*

Well Man
08-26-2004, 06:54 PM
Wait and see, if Square does indeed start on the game, I hope they do it in a similar style to the SNES games in the series. Secret of Mana is very dear to me, and I haven't forgiven Square for tricking me into playing Secret of Evermore by trying to make it look like a sequel to SoM. Especially after I heard that Seiken Densetsu 3 was passed over for that p.o.s

Vert1
08-26-2004, 07:43 PM
ACk I bought Secret of Evermore to recently.Thankfully I can still exchange it for another game like last time when I picked up Stunt Race FX for some odd reason...

DarknessTearv2
08-26-2004, 08:51 PM
Wait and see, if Square does indeed start on the game, I hope they do it in a similar style to the SNES games in the series. Secret of Mana is very dear to me, and I haven't forgiven Square for tricking me into playing Secret of Evermore by trying to make it look like a sequel to SoM. Especially after I heard that Seiken Densetsu 3 was passed over for that p.o.s

It had nothing to do with that. In fact, Secret of Evermore was made in America. Also, Secret of Evermore isn't really bad at all, people who suck at it have something to complain about though.

j_factor
08-27-2004, 04:24 AM
I enjoyed Secret of Evermore. I think it's highly underrated. No it's not Secret of Mana. Neither are lots of games. Move on from that fact, and play Secret of Evermore for Secret of Evermore. It's pretty good stuff.

Omega's Dust
08-27-2004, 05:20 AM
Why didn't we get Seiken Densetsu 3(europe), that was a bad call on Squares behalf.

DarknessTearv2
08-27-2004, 05:35 AM
You guys don't know anything. It was Nintendo that didn't let it go through. Also the SNES was considered dead by the time their last games for the SNES came out in Japan.

Magnus
08-27-2004, 06:10 AM
Square USA were the ones who blocked it, not Nintendo. Square USA's official stance was that Seiken Densetsu 3 had too many technical problems to be translated and released.

Omega's Dust
08-27-2004, 06:28 AM
"You guys don't know anything. It was Nintendo that didn't let it go through. Also the SNES was considered dead by the time their last games for the SNES came out in Japan"

No, of course not, were all dumb....

DarknessTearv2
08-27-2004, 09:49 AM
Square USA were the ones who blocked it, not Nintendo. Square USA's official stance was that Seiken Densetsu 3 had too many technical problems to be translated and released.

As far as I know it's because of the new chip they had to use.

Well Man
08-27-2004, 12:22 PM
It had nothing to do with that. In fact, Secret of Evermore was made in America. Also, Secret of Evermore isn't really bad at all, people who suck at it have something to complain about though.

Actually your right, I did suck at Secret of Evermore, I'm pretty sure I abandoned it before even reaching the games half way point. That does change the fact that my young mind at that age didn't like the game. Hell even back then I couldn't think of it as just a Secret of Evermore game because the minute I saw the title and the back I assumed it was the sequel to SoM that I heard about. That whole thing tainted my experience on that particular game, I admit that. And even after finding out about what really happened I still couldn't bring myself to play it as it is. But eh, that's my problem.

And I still think the game is waste of cartridges.

Vert1
08-27-2004, 10:05 PM
Heh I sold the game anyway(couldn't trade it) and got VectorMan and Toe Jam&Earl.I also picked up Dreamcast for 15 dollars...! :love:

dik69
08-27-2004, 10:23 PM
Now you are no longer a Nintendo Fanboy! You are a Sega/Nintendo fanboy! Way to go.:) :) :) :):)

DarknessTearv2
08-28-2004, 03:57 AM
Vectorman and Toejam & Earl? God those two games sucked hardcore. There are waaay better games on the SNES that you could have bought.

j_factor
08-28-2004, 04:56 AM
Vectorman and Toejam & Earl both rock. :thumb-up:

Vert1
08-28-2004, 01:03 PM
I actually find that those two games are pretty good and there were no good SNES games to buy used that I saw at EB Games.I already bought 8 SNES games in a week sometime ago I don't need anymore anytime soon.

time&space
08-29-2004, 01:47 AM
ahh...i agree, legend of mana is way underated. It has excellent hand-drawn graphics and the gameplay is there. Also i thought the land-creation system was great, but many don't and that's why the game isn't as liked as it should be... also the first two toejam and earl games were great.