PDA

View Full Version : forums for other systems?

k0ach
04-20-2002, 08:48 PM
what about forums for non current systems. i don't own any of them (not becuase i don't like them but for lack of money) i'm sure there are a lot of DC players out there still or even 16-bit gamers.

tofuhead
04-20-2002, 09:00 PM
Dreamcast, Sega Saturn, PSX, Super Famicom, and Neo Geo forums would be nice additions, particularly for those of us who like to import equipment and older titles. Even just one lump-all forum for older systems would be cool, as long as people titled their posts properly.

The topics might not run so current, but they would be helpful nontheless.

< tofuhead >

Rubeus
04-21-2002, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by tofuhead
Dreamcast, Sega Saturn, PSX, Super Famicom, and Neo Geo forums would be nice additions, particularly for those of us who like to import equipment and older titles. Even just one lump-all forum for older systems would be cool, as long as people titled their posts properly.

The topics might not run so current, but they would be helpful nontheless.

< tofuhead >

Well you can always discuss these console in the General section like this one.

testtubebaby
04-21-2002, 12:55 AM
i post on alot of boards, and i have to agree with Rebeuson on this one...

too many forums arn't always a good thing, and usually take away from the centralization and organization of the board (suprisingly enough), because not as many people will post in/check those forums, and they end up going ignored and become useless...

sad, but true.

k0ach
04-21-2002, 01:20 PM
well, if the traffic on this board remains the way it is, then the general board will suffice.

Overlord
04-21-2002, 09:32 PM
They should make a seperate forum for PC gaming. A lot of people use there PC's mainly for gaming, and PC does get some of the best games.

...Maybe not in the Specific Consoles, but defenatly in the general stuff. People can also talk other PC stuff in there.

Edit: They can also just make a classic gaming forum, and combine all the threads for older systems. That be good idea, since it won't cause much of a seperation from other forums if theres only one for the older systems.

testtubebaby
04-22-2002, 12:40 AM
that's true... pc and classic forums would work well...

tofuhead
04-22-2002, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by testtubebaby
that's true... pc and classic forums would work well...

...which is what I said. :) At least regarding one lump-all forum for older systems. When I look at the General forum, I think of comparative discussion of the different systems and/or the state of gaming in general. One more forum at least, for the older systems, would keep topics like (for example), "What's the best way to play Terranigma on my American SNES?" out of this forum. :rolleyes: For further example, such a forum would be great for the current topics about PSOne CvS Pro and Saturn Shenmue that are currently in this general forum.

Of course, a PC forum would be fine with me too, I just wouldn't frequent it too much, unless it featured PC games like Falcom's stuff. :p

< tofuhead >

Black Ace
04-22-2002, 06:48 AM
I don't think there should be a PC board, but a classic gaming board sounds awesome. MagicBox as I am awared of, doesn't covers PC gaming news.

Overlord
04-22-2002, 07:40 PM
I don't think there should be a PC board, but a classic gaming board sounds awesome. MagicBox as I am awared of, doesn't covers PC gaming news.

I guess, but there should still be a PC general board. Where people can talk about/ask help for things like Web design(HTML, Java, Perl, Flash, etc) and Web Graphics(Photoshop, Flash, Freehand, Paint Shop, 3D Studios Max, etc)

...Plus the usuall stuff like PC problems like asking which is the best bargain, add-ons etc.

PC gaming will eventually come up.