PDA

View Full Version : Priston Tale

Seska
08-10-2002, 07:28 PM
Do any of you play this? What do you think of it? If you don't know what I am talking about, go to www.pristontale.com and download the english client. ITs about 250megs, and its an Open Beta at its current stage.

The best description that fit it would be a RPG along the likes of Dungeon Siege, with the only difference being that theres hundreds of users on the same world map at once, instead of a limited number of them. The interface is very easy, diablo-like (point and click) theres plenty of skills to gain for each class, plenty of monsters to kill and world to explore, and for a beta it is pretty stable.

Ive been playing it for the past 2 days or so and find it to be pretty addictive and console-game simple. Well worth the download if you have the bandwidth. :D

Spoony
08-13-2002, 05:58 AM
No, but I play Helbreath, which is probably very similar. Its is also a free mmorpg(well its p2p in Asia) in beta. Great game, its my subsitute for FFXI. :D

gabriel
08-13-2002, 11:00 AM
I was playing around with Priston Tale a few days ago, but it was too laggy to be playable. It could also be my PC, it's only a P3 450, and I have a crappy graphics card (VooDoo3).

I used to play Ragnarok Online, but that got pretty boring.

Seska
08-13-2002, 07:48 PM
PT is sorta laggy, but from what I am told not as laggy as RO used to get. You can mostly work your way around the lag as you can anticipate monster attacks and move to avoid them.

Ive been playing for a while now and while I can see how it would get repetitive and monotonous soon, Im somehow still hooked.

Then again, I was also hooked to Diablo 2 and Dungeon Siege, and I finished them both. :p

gabriel
08-15-2002, 03:52 PM
I'm having a bit of a problem with PT. My mouse cursor is invisible but I still has the same effect as if it was, except I cant see it. I though that maybe this was intential on the developers part, but the game is nearly unplayable in this state since I cant properly select which monster to attack, or which weapon to buy.

Is this an actual problem that I have or just poor decision making on the developers' part?