PDA

View Full Version : PS2.... One of the worst consoles ever made.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

Phazon Pirate
10-20-2004, 05:52 PM
Yeessssssss!!!!!!!

I made the 1000th post!!!!!!

Vert1
10-20-2004, 07:15 PM
but then again that works both ways doesn't it Vert your a Nintendo Fanboy and you and Icarus both are biased against the PS2.

When a person says Metroid Prime wasn't that graphically impressive and SC2 on PS2 looks fine to him compared to the XBOX/GC version and than now says PSP has PS2 graphics I draw the line. Decado is blind. PSP games aren't close to PS2 graphics and you all know it. Don't make me post those aweful pixilated screens to compare.

Icarus4578
10-20-2004, 07:55 PM
Escaflowne2001 ~ "but then again that works both ways doesn't it Vert your a Nintendo Fanboy and you and Icarus both are biased against the PS2."

Yes, it's true that I resent Sony for an assortment of reasons. But no matter how much I may despise the corporate giant, I still call it straight down the middle as far as software is concerned. I play games, after all; I don't stare at the console. I have legitimate reasons for my disposition towards Sony which I've discussed at length. On the other hand, Sony fans just favor Sony for no real reason other than because of their name brand, not because they're any better than anybody else (they're clearly not). The only reason you all own your PS2s is because of the third-party software, end of story. Sony themselves pretty much blow at gaming and have transformed it (and the media) into a casual experience, not a creative one.

Hey, I love games like DMC and such just as much as the next person. I even called out game mags and sites for ignoring great software like Gradius V and others which are on the PS2. Because I care.

EDIT ~ Which one of you has ever done similar? Right....

Decado ~ "You haven't? Have you looked at any of the screens or vids? Those sure as hell aren't PSone graphics :rolleyes:"

I saw the games on the PSP and they do not look as good as the PS2 software. A first-generation title such as Klonoa 2 decimates it graphically. If you want to put your mouth where the money is, compare shots. Otherwise, cut the BS hype out. I've heard enough of this crap from the media. And besides, all you can do is talk about graphics. Where's the gameplay at? Who wants to pay $300+ for a portable with an RPG only to have to recharge it every 2 hours or so?

Decado ~ "They may not be up to the best of the PS2 games, but some of those games would be considered solid looking on any current gen console."

Maybe on the PSone or Saturn but definitely not on the PS2, GC or X-Box.

Escaflowne2001
10-21-2004, 05:50 AM
The only reason you all own your PS2s is because of the third-party software, end of story. Sony themselves pretty much blow at gaming and have transformed it (and the media) into a casual experience, not a creative one.

True the third-party of course helps keep things ticking no company can keep a console going by themselves including Nintendo. But even if the third-parties didn't surport the PS2 as much then like the Gamecube i'd imagine I would still have got a PS2 because I've played most of the Sony developed/publishered games so far and for the most part they've been enjoyable and worth playing.

Icarus4578
10-21-2004, 08:20 AM
Who do you think has made the better software this generation: Sony or Nintendo?

Phazon Pirate
10-21-2004, 08:43 AM
Who do you think has made the better software this generation: Sony or Nintendo?

Oh geeezzzz! Defianatly Nintendo. Graphics are better games more thought through and the Wavebirds. Also the other systems copied Nintendo when they made their wireless controlers, Nintendo was first as usual. Plus the old systems were really cool too.

Escaflowne2001
10-21-2004, 08:44 AM
Put it this way I've played more Sony games then I have Nintendo games this generation by far.

Escaflowne2001
10-21-2004, 08:46 AM
Oh geeezzzz! Defianatly Nintendo. Graphics are better games more thought through and the Wavebirds. Also the other systems copied Nintendo when they made their wireless controlers, Nintendo was first as usual. Plus the old systems were really cool too.

I didn't know Sony or MS made wireless controllers I thought they were third party tosh if not then I'm very interested.

Phazon Pirate
10-21-2004, 08:51 AM
Yeah, I'm not exactly sure about PS2 but my friend has an Xbox and has wireless controlers. They suck compared to Nintendo's, and I'm not just saying that because I like Nintendo better, they really do suck. Xbox always has to copy doesn't it.

Escaflowne2001
10-21-2004, 09:29 AM
Xbox always has to copy doesn't it

apprantly. :spinface:

Icarus4578
10-21-2004, 10:18 AM
Who doesn't copy? Of the three, Nintendo has copied the least and innovated the most. If you feel that Sony is the better game developer this generation, so be it. I disagree. Even though Nintendo has seen better days, they're still doing a great job.

Entertainer
10-21-2004, 10:41 AM
I think that the PS2 has alot of games that are the same up and down in the genres. I like alot of them, and the rpg's of this gen are great. I love nintendo games, Mario Kart, ToS, Paper Mario, Eternal Darkness, Viewtiful Joe, Monkey Ball, Donkey Konga, SSBM, F-Zero GX, Celda, Prime, Pikmin and Sunshine are all great games. Yea the lineup is a bit skinny, but it's great. The PS2 really only has 3 strong franchises in GTA, MGS, and FF. I rescently think the PS2 beat out the Cube in my taste because of the happiest game of all time, katamari damacy.... :) . XBOX has one (soon to be two) great reasons to own it.... Halo. I won't buy an xbox b/c my friends have on and I play halo over there. So you can't say sony is so bad just because they won over 3rd parties. The revolution may be the best thing since sliced bread and dominate the gaming world. I hope it does because that would establish nintendo as #1 again and have all the 3rd parties flock to them so they can take a ltlle extra time on their games to polish them up.

Icarus4578
10-21-2004, 10:47 AM
What about Devil May Cry, Gran Turismo, Ys VI, Graduis V, etc.?

Joe Redifer
10-21-2004, 07:12 PM
Y's VI I will probably pass on unless it is at a good price. The soundtrack sucks.

Decado
10-21-2004, 09:10 PM
Put it this way I've played more Sony games then I have Nintendo games this generation by far. Hehe. Yeah, it doesn't matter how good the games are if they don't appeal to you.

Phazon Pirate
10-21-2004, 09:14 PM
Who doesn't copy? Of the three, Nintendo has copied the least and innovated the most. If you feel that Sony is the better game developer this generation, so be it. I disagree. Even though Nintendo has seen better days, they're still doing a great job.

Well said Babe. First of all I like your new avatar, and second you a most definaitly correct in what you have said. Nintendo has copied the least. Nintendo has barily copied ever, actually I don't think it ever has, but you say so. So.......

PS. you are the best......at the moment.

Decado
10-21-2004, 11:50 PM
Who doesn't copy? Of the three, Nintendo has copied the least and innovated the most. This generation? I can't say for sure, but I don't think so. They've maintained a consistant level of quality, but innovation seems hard to come buy this generation. Even evolution. Their games don't seem to have advanced much since last gen, for the most part.

I dunno. Maybe it's just the higher expectations for Nintendo games.

Paper exe
10-22-2004, 05:00 AM
Nintendo because they made paper mario and pikmn 2 and alot of other great games

Icarus4578
10-22-2004, 09:46 AM
I agree with your assessment about Nintendo Decado. Since they did such an outstanding job with the NES and SNES we all expect that quality on a consistent basis. Although they haven't innovated this generation like they have in previous console generations, Nintendo is still an excellent company through and through, even if Pokemon has become nothing more than milk for them (I never bought a Pokemon game anyway). The thing is that people have different views of both N' and Sony.

Phazon Pirate, Nintendo is the major benefactor when it comes to how gaming has evolved over the decades. Look at all of their accomplishments, their innovations, their unique ideas. Then look at the others. Microsoft and Sony use analog sticks with L & R triggers and rumble support--Gee, where'd those ideas start? Back when Nintendo came up with the rumble idea the media passed it off as a cheap gimmick, yet now everybody else incorporates it into their controllers. Hmmm.... Sony wants to have a portable game system--...: GameBoy. And look at actual game designs and ideas.... chances are, most of what you're seeing was conceived by Nintendo first. Remember how everybody thought Chrono Trigger's New Game+ was brand new? It wasn't--Kid Icarus did it first. I could go on and on. People love to downplay Nintendo as being "kiddie," yet most of their supposedly "adult" game library syphons ideas and concepts from Nintendo games. Zelda OoT comes out and features the excellent "lock-on" concept. Guess what? There's now a ton of games trying to mimic that idea, and to this day nobody has done it as good as Nintendo. Mario 64 revolutionized 3D gaming as a whole (even though I think it's lost much of its charm over the years), and for awhile it seemed like everybody else was trying to come up with their own "Mario 64." The fact is Nintendo continues to set standards for excellence in gaming and is the benchmark by which all others are compared. This holiday season there's Paper Mario 2, Metroid Prime 2, Mario Tennis, and more for the GC alone. Then, Nintendo has to focus on their new portable launch, and next year the Revolution. Needless to say, Nintendo is one busy company these days.

But what does that matter? Everybody's busy ridiculing them while they play all those games which just so happen to "borrow" ideas from Nintendo, using those controllers which "borrow" all of Nintendo's ideas. Who's the innovative, sophisticated company and who's not? You tell me.

Icarus4578
10-22-2004, 10:55 AM
Yeah, just as I thought. Nobody can reply because what are they going to say? ~ "Yes, Icarus, you're right, as usual."? I thought so.

Escaflowne2001
10-22-2004, 11:09 AM
Here's a hint wait longer then a hour and a half and you may just get a repley, ya know. Anyway what's the point of arguing with you huh? you as biased against Sony as I am Nintendo makes it somewhat pointless.

Though if Paper Mario 2, Metroid Prime 2 and Mario Tennis are the best Nintendo games you could think of this holiday season you've/they've got more problems then I can solve.

Icarus4578
10-22-2004, 12:17 PM
I'll go on record as stating that Paper Mario 2 and Metroid Prime 2 are far better and more in-depth than Grand Theft Auto ~ San Andreas, Metal Gear Solid 3 and the like. How do I know? Just a guess.

Escaflowne2001
10-22-2004, 12:37 PM
GTA: SA most likely but MGS3 not a chance.

Decado
10-22-2004, 05:04 PM
I'll go on record as stating that Paper Mario 2 and Metroid Prime 2 are far better and more in-depth than Grand Theft Auto ~ San Andreas, Metal Gear Solid 3 and the like. How do I know? Just a guess. What do you mean by "more in-depth"?

As for people not responding to yet another blob of text you've deposited in this thread...chances are people didn't bother reading it. We're all well aware that Nintendo makes great games and some were quite influential (big time past tense on that list bit). We don't need you to keep telling us (as I'm sure you were spouting on about Nintendo's past glories, as usual). Personally, I don't like Nintendo games so I don't care. For the most part it is same old same old. If at some point in the past companies starting borrowing elements from Nintendo games and it made them better I say "jolly good"...but that was then and this is now.

Icarus4578
10-22-2004, 11:44 PM
Just last generation, Nintendo came up with using the analog stick and rumble pack. And I needn't get into the actual content of their software which has been ripped off almost entirely in many circumstances. So, yeah, keep saying how Nintendo was good and making it sound like that was 14 years ago. Gamers will continue to enjoy Nintendo's new fun concepts and innovative ideas well before you sorry Sony fanboys catch up. Looks like you're not so sophisticated after all.

Decado
10-23-2004, 01:45 AM
You're pretty much proving my point. Everything is "last gen" or the generation before that or the generation before that.

I'm not really arguing about most of what you said 'cause I'm not in the least bit interested, but this generation Nintendo hasn't been so hot in terms of innovation. Past glories will only carry them for so long before it all gets old.

Icarus4578
10-23-2004, 01:46 AM
Explain the DS....

Decado
10-23-2004, 01:47 AM
Why would I...?

Icarus4578
10-23-2004, 01:51 AM
I dunno. Because it's the most innovative concept to come out in the past few years?

Vegetto
10-23-2004, 01:52 AM
for the love of god im sick of seeing this thread, can we just let it die already!?

im sure this thing has set an assload of records at the magic box

Decado
10-23-2004, 01:58 AM
I dunno. Because it's the most innovative concept to come out in the past few years? Really? Just looks like a normal handheld with a silly little touch screen. Can't say I've looked into it more than that. I've never owned a handheld system and I don't intend to start.

If they ever bring some of that famous innovation back into their home console (and games) let me know. That's all I'm interested in.

Icarus4578
10-23-2004, 02:07 AM
We'll see about the Revolution. If it turns out to be a bad idea, Nintendo is screwed next gen and there's no real way of rectifying that situation.

And Vegetto, I've already posted in here saying it should be closed. Also, I once wrote Drunken Savior a PM asking him to close it but he replied that there wasn't a reason to, therefore he wouldn't.

Paper exe
10-23-2004, 03:56 AM
I agree with your assessment about Nintendo Decado. Since they did such an outstanding job with the NES and SNES we all expect that quality on a consistent basis. Although they haven't innovated this generation like they have in previous console generations, Nintendo is still an excellent company through and through, even if Pokemon has become nothing more than milk for them (I never bought a Pokemon game anyway). The thing is that people have different views of both N' and Sony.

Phazon Pirate, Nintendo is the major benefactor when it comes to how gaming has evolved over the decades. Look at all of their accomplishments, their innovations, their unique ideas. Then look at the others. Microsoft and Sony use analog sticks with L & R triggers and rumble support--Gee, where'd those ideas start? Back when Nintendo came up with the rumble idea the media passed it off as a cheap gimmick, yet now everybody else incorporates it into their controllers. Hmmm.... Sony wants to have a portable game system--...: GameBoy. And look at actual game designs and ideas.... chances are, most of what you're seeing was conceived by Nintendo first. Remember how everybody thought Chrono Trigger's New Game+ was brand new? It wasn't--Kid Icarus did it first. I could go on and on. People love to downplay Nintendo as being "kiddie," yet most of their supposedly "adult" game library syphons ideas and concepts from Nintendo games. Zelda OoT comes out and features the excellent "lock-on" concept. Guess what? There's now a ton of games trying to mimic that idea, and to this day nobody has done it as good as Nintendo. Mario 64 revolutionized 3D gaming as a whole (even though I think it's lost much of its charm over the years), and for awhile it seemed like everybody else was trying to come up with their own "Mario 64." The fact is Nintendo continues to set standards for excellence in gaming and is the benchmark by which all others are compared. This holiday season there's Paper Mario 2, Metroid Prime 2, Mario Tennis, and more for the GC alone. Then, Nintendo has to focus on their new portable launch, and next year the Revolution. Needless to say, Nintendo is one busy company these days.

But what does that matter? Everybody's busy ridiculing them while they play all those games which just so happen to "borrow" ideas from Nintendo, using those controllers which "borrow" all of Nintendo's ideas. Who's the innovative, sophisticated company and who's not? You tell me.
:clap:
Yes, Icarus, you're right, as usual :thumb-up:
expect your animal crossing review because it was wrong
and if you like punch out why did you give it 0
PS:punch out is in animal crossing

Icarus4578
10-23-2004, 04:47 AM
I don't rate a game higher just because it may happen to have another game hidden somewhere inside, unless I feel it is of some sort of relevance.

Vert1
10-23-2004, 01:15 PM
TMNT2:Battle Nexus :lol:

1337haxxor
10-24-2004, 01:34 AM
sony has a long history of making down right lies and stretching the truth as far as it will go in every single one of its departments. MP3 players that clip on speicaly formatted sony media. powered amps that are tested and absolute zero. max frame rate of mointers. one tricky thing they did with their line of studio head phones is the discontinued the middle rang MDM900s and just bumped the one a level lower up to the price of the better one.

sony is just full of it. i mean its just a big company doing big business. I mean they are huge for a reason, because they create a huge amount of extra revinue but cutting corners. for example all the gears for the disc drive in a PS2 are low grade nylon. very brittle and even more so, this substance is weakened easly by change in temp.

what other dirt do i have. oh yeah wage slavery. but i doubt any one who bought a PS2 in the first place cares about explotation of helpless people. Sure the money is splattered with the blood of the exploited but it still looks green to me!
http://www.safetycat.org/56a/images/resistgreed.gif

you know god forbid the guilt should ruin your game of DOA Beach Volley Ball. \
speaking of objectification of women. sony is involved in a major class action law suit against its female employees, they have done a good job of covering it up though. the basis of the suit is that the female employees get paid less on average by like $300,000 a year.http://www.achillesheel.freeuk.com/article08_18.gif

oh and by the way to all you chumps who post in the LOL!!!!! HOTTTTEST VIDEO GAME GIRLZZZZ!!!!!! threads. Sexism is fucking boring. its about time you showed 51% of the earth population a bit of fucking respect.

http://roadsidephotos.com/postcards/sx2.jpg

if you laughed, your an *******

Icarus4578
10-24-2004, 01:50 AM
Strange post 1337haxxor, but only because you're bringing up points which nobody has touched upon or didn't know about. I never knew that Sony was in the middle of a lawsuit such as the one you mentioned. But I do know how evil these huge corporates are, that they'll do anything for an extra buck, even if that means putting the consumer last. However, don't look to these forums for any solace because people would rather be ignorant and rank you for pointing out the truth, then whining in the other forums about how it's not fair, even though they frequently attack one or the other companies themselves. Hypocrites.

1337haxxor
10-24-2004, 01:55 AM
ya, i haven't had much success on the equality front at this board which is today. i always like to bring somthing new to the table but it sucks when what i'm bringing is a belife that women are equals to men.

i think your actully the first person to even respond. people like Phazon Pirate just ignore me. i'm willing to be phazon is a twelve year old who has never come up with an orginal idea. but thats not what this thread is about.

as well as having breakible parts sony also has lame costomer service. i haven't bothered calling it since that time i bothered to call it. no one ever picked up. just horrid music.

oh yeah, sony also invests in arms trades. thats right, sony sells guns.

:kill: *everything*

Messanic
10-24-2004, 02:17 AM
You know, I tried hard not to post in here but what can I say, you truly live up to the 1337 in your name haxxor. As Icarus said, not many have brought up points that you have, I know all about how crappy a ps2 is built cause I've opened and fixed many many ps2's long before I owned one. As for the Sony being discriminate against women, that is truly fucked up, I belive women should exploit thier rights and power over men more often though. However, don't think for a second that it's wrong to hit a woman, if they get ballsy with you, you get ballsy with them, they are human after all. Now, getting back on track, you also said that Sony is a business and will do anything for a quick buck, this is true but I still think that they could at least put more quality into thier products.

Vert1
10-24-2004, 11:00 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6262043/site/newsweek/

notice how none of this covers the issues gamers will have with the system but mainly just it's sleek design.

BlindMaphisto
10-24-2004, 11:03 AM

notice how none of this covers the issues gamers will have with the system but mainly just it's sleek design.

Well I just glanced trough it and saw this much talking about the battery life.

One big thing in the PSP's favor is its movie-friendly screen. But this advantage is mitigated by its battery life; while Sony guesses that its lithium ion rechargeables will give game players more than eight hours of virtual shooting, racing or gang-tackling, it promises only two hours' worth of juice when watching a movie on the Universal Media Disk. That means that when you start up "The Godfather" fully charged, you may not make it to the murder of Al Pacino's Italian wife.

BashingU
10-24-2004, 01:48 PM
1337, I agree with you on the Sony stuff but to be honest...It's how information gets dissemnated to people that will help them...Your right there is a objectification of women in the world that is ridiculous...But as a guy if I like a woman or game charater that is female and she is hot...I'm saying something, writing, calling, whatever...I'm going to be a guy in the sense that I'm going to say how I feel tactfully and not walk on eggshells for another persons moral outlook...Showing respect doesn't mean that we shouldn't comment about a woman...Women have interests that I think are the dumbest ever, but let them do them...So long as we can say "you like that cool, just be responsible" then we should leave it all that..Women complain about alot of things and then do the opposite of what they should do...They stay in abusive relationships when they know better, or with a guy that is treating them wrong...Women like bad boys who break thier heart(this doesn't go for every woman cause i don't know every woman in the world) You never hear a guy say he wants to be with a bad girl, he may want to bang her, you have women that disrespect themselves and blame a guy...We live in such a double standarded world across gender that you have to find like minded people and build with those who don't know instead of lecturing people on how they should live..That's useless....It also doesn't help if you want to be heard by Phaezon to call him 12, that just sets u up for an attack...especially if he didn't do so to you...If your gonna stand on a high moral hill then you are going to have to be constantly bigger than others so that they learn...

Vert1
10-24-2004, 01:59 PM
Well I just glanced trough it and saw this much talking about the battery life.

That's some piss poor coverage. I must have missed that when I clicked off after reading all that bs they think PSP will accomplish and why it's so great. I highly doubt it will have more than 8 hours of gameplay. I'll find a link where they gave estimates later(it was 2-10 depending on usage and the whole thread was scoffing at how low the battery life would be). Believing in the guessing game with Sony is only setting yourself up for disaster.

Not surpised at that other stuff ,1337. :too mad:

1337haxxor
10-24-2004, 03:10 PM
1337, I agree with you on the Sony stuff but to be honest...It's how information gets dissemnated to people that will help them...Your right there is a objectification of women in the world that is ridiculous...But as a guy if I like a woman or game charater that is female and she is hot...I'm saying something, writing, calling, whatever...I'm going to be a guy in the sense that I'm going to say how I feel tactfully and not walk on eggshells for another persons moral outlook...Showing respect doesn't mean that we shouldn't comment about a woman...Women have interests that I think are the dumbest ever, but let them do them...So long as we can say "you like that cool, just be responsible" then we should leave it all that..Women complain about alot of things and then do the opposite of what they should do...They stay in abusive relationships when they know better, or with a guy that is treating them wrong...Women like bad boys who break thier heart(this doesn't go for every woman cause i don't know every woman in the world) You never hear a guy say he wants to be with a bad girl, he may want to bang her, you have women that disrespect themselves and blame a guy...We live in such a double standarded world across gender that you have to find like minded people and build with those who don't know instead of lecturing people on how they should live..That's useless....It also doesn't help if you want to be heard by Phaezon to call him 12, that just sets u up for an attack...especially if he didn't do so to you...If your gonna stand on a high moral hill then you are going to have to be constantly bigger than others so that they learn...

for starters, given that this was an obviously intelligent post i'm going to asumme when you used stereo types as examples you were mearly generalizing.

but, i agree with you that there is many double standereds in our North American scioety and in many others and i dissagree with those also, i am a womans rights activist and an animal rights activist but unlike many i don't act like i thin kthat women and animals can do no evil. BUT you have to realise that there is a diffrence between sexism and sexuality.

it is one thing to enjoy the female figure, i'm certinly with you on that one. I have a girlfriend and i keep her quite happy :spinface: but there is a diffrence between that and blatent exploitation.

heres what i feel is a powerful qoute from a great book called, Socialism and Feminism by Carol Ehrlich.

When feminists describe socialism into the female sex role, when they point out the traits female children are taught (emotional dependence, childishness, timidity, concern with being beautiful, ocility, passivity, and so on), they are talking about the careful production of a commodity - although it isn't usually called that. When they describe the opresiveness of sexual objectification, or of living in a nuclear familt, or of beinga Supermother {you know, expected to cook clean, take care of all the kids, stay at home, not fufill a futher education}, or of working in the kinds of low-level, underpaid jobs that most women find in the paid labour force, they are also describing woman as a commodity. Women are consumed by men who treat them as sex objects; they are consumed by their children (whom they have produced!) when they buy the role of the Supermother; they are consumed by authoritarian husbands who expect them to be submissive servants; and they are consumed by bosses who bring them in and out of the labour force and who extract a maximum of labour for a minimum of pay. They are consumed by medical researchers who try out new and unsafe contraceptives on them. They are consumed by men who buy their bodies on the street. They are consumed by church and state, who expect them to produce the next generation for the gloy of god and country {the catholic church requires that every catholic woman have at least two children baptised chatolic}; they are consumed by political and social organizations that expect them to "volunterr" their time and energy. The{y} have little sence of self, because their selfhood has been sold to others."

pretty much what these LOL SO HOT-ZORSSS!!!!11 threads do is push women one step more towards the role of "cock socket" by displaying them as nothing more than that. Grils are taught by our culture (yes this board is part of our culture) that they are saposed to fufill the role of "dumb blonde". Don't ask questions, be unintilligent, always consume and never stop sucking. when you mold peoples minds like this, to a degree you are changing them from a person with toughts and belifes into a template to be used by men, like as Carol Ehrlich says, as if they were mearly a product.

"Although 50% of university graduates are women, they account for 62% of the unemployed. In the private sector women receive about 75% of the salary a man gets for the same job." http://www.greece.gr/POLITICS/InternalAffairs/bridgingthegendergap.stm

80% of the workers employed in the textile industry in Maxico are female. This is a wage based job. In Mexico the top 10% of wage earners earn more a year than the bottem 75% combined.

An example of how females are treated once they step outside the scioal idea of being female. (http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=239434)

http://www.prostitutionresearch.com/ <----check this one out for fun facts :crying:

http://evolution.anthro.univie.ac.at/institutes/urbanethology/indoctrination/marlboropalmers.jpg

so why will i never buy a playstaion? because I love my girlfriend!

Messanic
10-24-2004, 04:54 PM
so why will i never buy a playstaion? because I love my girlfriend!

What a dumb reason not to get a playstation, most everyone here, including myself have way better reasons for not getting a Sony console. Women and oppression don't go together at all I agree, and like you said, there are double standards, didn't Eve sin twice before Adam? Women have the same rights as men, they can do everything that a man can including rape the opposite sex. I don't expect any female to punk me and the same goes for them. It also sounds like your girlfriend is in control of you, that ain't right in relationship for both sexes. Maybe your not whipped, but the female rights thing has been played out just like gay rights, its your fault for being punked, if you got a problem, deal with it.

littlepest429
10-24-2004, 04:59 PM

As Electronic Arts cofounder Bing Gordon explains while high schoolers will revel at the opportunity to "kill Nazis in science class," the PSP is at heart a "Game Boy for grown-ups."

Wolfenstein came out for the GBA. I don't even think a nazi-killin' game has been announced for the PSP...

:edit:
if you laughed, your an *******

I guess I'm an *******.

AGDG
10-24-2004, 05:11 PM
I have a 1st generation ps2 I bought used when MGS 2 was released in 2001 after a year or so I started getting Dre's so I opened the system up and fixed it using a faq on gamefaqs and I have had no problems at all. I did still get some dre's with certain dvds but that problem was fixed when I got the dvd remote and installed the software(apparently new ps2s have fixed the dvd problem) I have left my system on all night with dvds playing (fell asleep) and have played my system standing up(vertical) most of the time, my sister has stepped on it and my dog has knocked it off the shelf several times (running through the cords and pulling it down) I also own a gamecube and I do agree the system is tougher and would be harder to break but unless you are beating your game system with a hammer It should not have to be that tough although it is a nicer feature in case anything does happen.

I will say I play my ps2 a lot more than my gamecube mainly because the games I really enjoy on gamecube come too far and few in between I have REmake, windwaker, rouge squadron 2, super monkeyball, twin snakes, viewtiful joe and metroid prime (I still think super metroid is better though) and they are all great games and I am really looking forward to metroid prime 2 the new legend of zelda and re4. I find that beyond those official nintendo games and the resident evil remake and 4. Nintendo has let me down. The games I have on ps2 that I have also played on gamecube seem to have more slowdown (mostly sports games) and dont seem as polished. I really wanted to get more use of my gamecube but I always end up turning to my ps2 . I am not a fanboy for either system because I like them both. I just like my ps2 a little better and I am sorry but most gamers can agree the new grand theft auto, metal gear and gran turismo games do look pretty darn good and I really look forward to playing them but same as re4 and the new zelda.

Ps2 is not the worst system ever nor is ps1 some pretty classic games game from both systems I really enjoyed symphony of the night, MGS and street fighter alpha 3 and I still own all 3.

systems I own: nes,snes,n64,ps1/ps2,and gamecube
systems hooked up: snes,ps1/ps2 and gamecube
favorite system: close call between snes and ps2

Dr. Bombay
10-24-2004, 05:14 PM
Buy your funkin' ass a dreamcast.

1337haxxor
10-24-2004, 05:17 PM
if you got a problem, deal with it.

ummmm... i think thats what i'm trying to do here wise guy. deal with my problems through discussion. as far as i can see you just made a bunch of redundant statements.

and the gay rights and womens rights movements have not been played out. they are still going strong against adversity.

i like your suggestion of my girlfriend controling me. that definitly a macho value. the idea that if i allow my girlfriend to effect the decisions i make i'm some how less of a person.

and if not getting a PS for the sake of the rights and liberties of over half of the world human population is a bad reason, what would a good reason be?

That's useless....It also doesn't help if you want to be heard by Phaezon to call him 12, that just sets u up for an attack...especially if he didn't do so to you...If your gonna stand on a high moral hill then you are going to have to be constantly bigger than others so that they learn...

i'll keep that in mind :spinface:

Messanic
10-24-2004, 05:54 PM
No, gay and womens rights crap really has been played out to the fullest, they are human, and have the ability to fight back if things get out of line. Enough of this, you should make a thread for this if you feel so strong about it. Now then, the ps2 being the most breakable console there is out there has many awsome games. I will say that the ps1 has more quality games than the ps2, but that gen is over and this one will be in another year or two. We still have plenty of time before the gcn, xbox, and ps2 croak. We also have more time to see if Sony will up the ante on the pstwo, online gaming and the psp. Its actually funny too, I talked about the xbox and ps2 and thier DRE's and crappy games too, then time passed, I was leaning more towards a gcn cause I believed that the gcn would bring back the snes says for me. But because of the situation with how each console this gen stands out, I had no choice but to get a ps2 first, next is an xbox and then a gcn. It's a perfect plan cause by the time I get them all the games will be hella cheap, I ain't payin' $50 for Ninja Gaiden.

littlepest429
10-24-2004, 06:48 PM
Wolfenstein came out for the GBA. I don't even think a nazi-killin' game has been announced for the PSP...

Nevermind, I take that back. Found one:

http://www.geocities.com/mrboo16/supernazipuncher.txt

... That took me wayyy too long.

:edit: For some reason, when I upload images I made in photoshop to the internet, they turn out a lot brighter than they were in photoshop. I blame any crappiness in the photo above to this problem.

1337haxxor
10-24-2004, 07:14 PM
very well done though. i remember playing Wolf 3-D. it definitly wasn't 3-d though. it was 3-d in the way that it wasn't at all. i miss that game.

Vert1
10-24-2004, 10:09 PM
SHEILD YOUR EYES. DS EXPLOITS WOMEN AS SEXUAL OBJECTS!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/ussj99gotenks/ds_ad_1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/ussj99gotenks/ds_ad_2.jpg

HOW TO SCORE
Ready to take your game to the next level?
Start listening to her needs, playa!

What She Wants
If you want to make her happy, just read between the lines-Nintendo DS will show you the way.

She says... "Two is always better than one."
DS Delivers Dual Screens. Get in on twice the action with two backlit color LCD screens that produce amazing 3d graphics.

She says... "I love a man with a soft, sensitive touch."
DS Delivers Touch-Screen Technology. Use the included stylus or even your finger to manipulate games in ways you never imagined. (Select games only.)

She says... "If you listen, I'll tell you what I like."
DS Delivers Voice-Recognition Capabilities. Talk to a game and have it do your bidding. It's possible with the built-in microphone. (Select games only.)

She says... "It doesn't matter if you're young or old."
DS Delivers Backward Compatibility. Play Nintendo DS games or your favorite Game Boy Advance games. Old school? New school? Your call.

She says... "I want to feel a connection even when we're apart."
DS Delivers Wireless Gaming. Kick the sorry butts of up to 16 people at a time with local wireless, and even more with WiFi ...no strings attached. (Select games only.)

She says... "Believe it or not, sometimes smaller is better!"
DS Delivers Compact Size. All these features are packed into a machine you can take anywhere, so you're always ready to get your game on... anytime, anyplace.

Nintendo DS

Enter to win a Nintendo DS!
Enter for a chance to win a Nintendo DS for you and two of your friends... so you can play on the flight to Fantasy Island, Dennis Publishing's biggest party of the year! Go to StuffMagazine.com/nintendo for official rules and your chance to win

Icarus4578
10-25-2004, 08:23 AM
What has gotten into Nintendo? They're using sex to sell their portable!

http://bitterdiva.com/lust.jpg
NINTENDO DS. BECAUSE IT FEELS SO GOOD.

littlepest429
10-25-2004, 08:55 AM
Nintendo DS. You can touch it... Down there.

1337haxxor
10-25-2004, 11:02 AM
NINTENDO DS, BECAUSE YOU SPENT TO MUCH TIME PLAYING VIDEO GAMES TO REALISE WOMEN HAVE RIGHTS!
shame on you nintendo

Nintendo has always been bad for that though, like every mario game for example. you know, Mario, the dominant male hero has to save the helpless female Princess Toadstool from peril. She wear a fluffy pink dress and does nothing but cry for help.

they have gotten better though, i mean she can kick some real ass in SSBM and so can Zelda. And even in paper mario, while she was still playing the rope of female captive that needs saving she wasn't displayed as being totaly helpless. while in the flying castle she uncovered clues for mario.

BashingU
10-25-2004, 12:59 PM
13 there are tons of images and stereotypes that women perpetuate themselves that if they took the time to stop they would be better off. Most men don't become belimic because they want to lose wait and look like Arnold Swarzenagger. The problem is that sometimes women fight the wrong battles and then don't step up to the plate for the ones that they can change. Yet at the same time women do need strong men supporting them so that proper changes can be made. Instead of confusing us, which many men on these board will attest too. As men we are straight forward and confrontational with how we approach subjects and each other. Most women want men to know something they have yet to learn. It would help if the goal of women who feel the way you do would help educate instead of lecture us about responsibilty. Sexism, ironically enough is promoted just as much by women then men. You pick up any mens magazine(which women buy more than men, statiscal fact because they want to see what men are interested in, you won't catch a real man buying cosmo)..and the majority of the executives will be women. It's a woman (i forgot her name) who is in charge of putting out SI's swimsuit issue every year for the past 20 or more years. In 3rd world countries I can not agree with you more that the way women are treated is deplorable. Castration, enslavement, rape are rampant ways of life that many must be subjected too. And in many cases condoned by other women. I just saw a special on HBO's real sports about young boys being taken from Pakistan and used, raped and molested. It is not just isolated to women. That is my problem, this system of blame that doesn't solve an issue or bring true dialog about the symtoms to address the problems that are both in society and peoples personal lives.

Sex sells because men buy it. Not one guy here, unless he's gay doesn't want to be with a bad as$ lady...Not every ad has to have a scantily clad women on the cover, not every brochure for a Nin console should have a woman holding up a DS...What the hell does that have to do with gaming? Yet it looks good...At the end of the day looking at a woman is beautiful too me...I can't speak for pevs out there that get their rocks of abusing women mentally or physically. I also may read a book about feminsim, but I won't take it as gospel. Because I think many of the problems in society are a direct result of people not being honest about who and what they are. People are afraid that they can't be contradictory in their actions because they are human. Instead people try to uphold false pretenses of who they are because of what society wants, or what they think society cares about.

It is a stigma at work as well. You have marketing people who's jobs are on the line to come up with a marketing plan for the DS and PSP(just an example). They want to connect with the audience that purchases games. The majority of which are men. It doesn't take much thought, or money, to get a good looking girl holding up a DS and guys saying wow she's hot. Our attention is got. That's what it is about. Yes they can and should be more creative. But there's nothing more creative than a woman. You should know, a woman is captivating I'm sorry if I add to the problem I don't mean too...Yet I guess the real issue the inbalance of it all.

justin_credible
10-25-2004, 01:10 PM
your opinions are all filled with doo-doo stains!

Killace
10-25-2004, 02:24 PM
i love my PS2 to pieces, nothing wrong with mine, and im definetly more than satisfied

Sk8_or_DIE
10-25-2004, 05:28 PM
HAH good post Vert/ good ad Nintendo

It's about time Nintendo "sells out". I think it's a good move on their part.

will
10-25-2004, 09:29 PM
ps2 hardware wise is a peice of **** i now how to fix them and any way you get it fixed EVEN REFURBISHED they do the exact same god damn thing i do is turn that stupid white gear and its a temp. fix it does the same thing a week later disk read error all of my friends exept for the luckyu one have been through at least 3 ps2's and ive been thruogh at least six myself and i have done nothing wrong to them they just sit on the shelf and decide one day im tired of will playing mgs 2 and i feel like ****ting myself to peises and thats all i have to say about that!
:kill: :kill:
:kill: :kill: PS2
:evilsmile take that!

1337haxxor
10-25-2004, 10:57 PM
13 there are tons of images and stereotypes that women perpetuate themselves that if they took the time to stop they would be better off. Most men don't become belimic because they want to lose wait and look like Arnold Swarzenagger. The problem is that sometimes women fight the wrong battles and then don't step up to the plate for the ones that they can change. Yet at the same time women do need strong men supporting them so that proper changes can be made. Instead of confusing us, which many men on these board will attest too. As men we are straight forward and confrontational with how we approach subjects and each other. Most women want men to know something they have yet to learn. It would help if the goal of women who feel the way you do would help educate instead of lecture us about responsibilty. Sexism, ironically enough is promoted just as much by women then men. You pick up any mens magazine(which women buy more than men, statiscal fact because they want to see what men are interested in, you won't catch a real man buying cosmo)..and the majority of the executives will be women. It's a woman (i forgot her name) who is in charge of putting out SI's swimsuit issue every year for the past 20 or more years. In 3rd world countries I can not agree with you more that the way women are treated is deplorable. Castration, enslavement, rape are rampant ways of life that many must be subjected too. And in many cases condoned by other women. I just saw a special on HBO's real sports about young boys being taken from Pakistan and used, raped and molested. It is not just isolated to women. That is my problem, this system of blame that doesn't solve an issue or bring true dialog about the symtoms to address the problems that are both in society and peoples personal lives.

Sex sells because men buy it. Not one guy here, unless he's gay doesn't want to be with a bad as$ lady...Not every ad has to have a scantily clad women on the cover, not every brochure for a Nin console should have a woman holding up a DS...What the hell does that have to do with gaming? Yet it looks good...At the end of the day looking at a woman is beautiful too me...I can't speak for pevs out there that get their rocks of abusing women mentally or physically. I also may read a book about feminsim, but I won't take it as gospel. Because I think many of the problems in society are a direct result of people not being honest about who and what they are. People are afraid that they can't be contradictory in their actions because they are human. Instead people try to uphold false pretenses of who they are because of what society wants, or what they think society cares about.

It is a stigma at work as well. You have marketing people who's jobs are on the line to come up with a marketing plan for the DS and PSP(just an example). They want to connect with the audience that purchases games. The majority of which are men. It doesn't take much thought, or money, to get a good looking girl holding up a DS and guys saying wow she's hot. Our attention is got. That's what it is about. Yes they can and should be more creative. But there's nothing more creative than a woman. You should know, a woman is captivating I'm sorry if I add to the problem I don't mean too...Yet I guess the real issue the inbalance of it all.

very well put, i can't really find any big holes to poke, which is really sying somthing, i poke lots of holes.

i agree with you about women needing the help of men to make social change but not for the reasons you wrote. you speak of men in the dominant macho role of doing the heavy work and women being thinkers, but those gender roles are for the birds. there was a time when those roles helped humanity, but were out of the jungle now.

and as for women using sex to get ahead. of course, these people have picked up apon the fact that they can become wealthy at the expence of their sisters if they sell themselves to the right people. but this doesn't make it right.

and ya about the qoute from the femeinist book, i disagree with alot of main stream femeinism actully, i find alot of it vers off into things like sexism towards men, isolationism and even implied lesbianinism :???:
but i feel the message in that peice is very strong and relevent to todays situation. the woman in that picture put out by nintendo is no longer a thinking person with needs and values, shes somthing to be oggeled at. the curse of photography? i don't know.

i found an article today in a National Geographic on the birth rates in countries around the world and how many children on average per woman, i thought i'd post the results of their poll:

(first number is number of birth per woman, secound is the number is precentage of girls between 15-19 giving birth)

U.S.A.: 2.0, 5%
Mexico: 3.1, 7%
Nicaragua: 4.6, 16%
Colombia: 3.0, 9%
Brazil: 2.5, 9%
U.K.: 1.7 3%
Russia: 1.2, 5% (BTW, Russiafyingly is a word)
Turkey: 2.6, 6%
Italy: 1.2. 1%
Egypt: 3.6, 6%
Mali: 6.7, 19%
Nigeria: 6.5, 15%
Botswana: 4.3, 8%
Kenya: 4.5, 9%
Saudi Arabia: 6.4, 12%
Iran: 3.0, 6%
India: 3.4, 7%
Australia: 1.8, 2%
Papua New Guinea:4.8, 8%
Bangladesh:3.3, 25%
Japan:1.4, <1%
China: 1.8, 1%

I wasn't really able to draw to many conclusions from this data. it seems in genral that countries with poor womens rights seemed to have high teen pregnincy rates but that isn't true through out the data and it doesn't really consider cultural values.

for example China, no one has many rights there but its only 1%.

developing nations definitly have the highest birth rates though.

as a side note the average for chuild bearing teens in the devloped world is 3% and the undevloped being 6%.

Icarus4578
10-26-2004, 08:40 AM
Wow will, you've been through SIX PS2s~?!?! :irked: That's unreal. I'm on my fourth right now and I know the clock is ticking.... That's why I don't trust Sony with their junk PSP and PS3. Watch how right I am and how stupid all the pro-Sony people here feel when I shove it in their faces.

1337haxxor
10-27-2004, 04:07 PM
did you have to pay for all of them?!?!?!

Icarus4578
10-27-2004, 04:09 PM
I had to pay for two of them: my first and current PS2. I had to pay for a two-year warranty with my first PS2, and when I traded it in they handed me an old, refurbished piece of garbage both times.

1337haxxor
10-27-2004, 04:24 PM
sick man that blows ass. pretty much what they do with those is take the broken ones and put as few parts as they can back in em so that they work again. saves them alot of money. thats alot thoug, aren't they like $200? thats alot of money

Icarus4578
10-27-2004, 04:40 PM
Yeah, but what does Sony care? They count my PS2s as FOUR on their total installed user-base figure. It's all a lie, just like the PSP price tag: It's $270+ for the full unit, not including games.

1337haxxor
10-27-2004, 10:27 PM
well you know, when hasn't sony spilled lies all over the place. but at least it looks pretty. actully i have a sony sub woffer thats really good, you never know, the PSP could be a gem. LOLZOR HAXX HAHAH AOMG!!!!