PDA

View Full Version : PS2.... One of the worst consoles ever made.

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

BlindMaphisto
09-01-2004, 08:29 AM
I dont understand that, what PC replicates a 128-bit SIMD with two FPU's, a seperate VPU and a linear GPU with software related AA?

There is no PC like a PS2, if they port it from a PC to a PS2 its going to suck ass, that simple.

By the way hows that a telling statement, hes saying theyr going to draw back poly's on the Xbox and drawback textures on the PS2, theyr not porting all theyr doing is throwing away some of the code, check out some of your Xbox an PS2 games, the Xbox version is bigger, they actually remove some of the source code sometimes.

Wait wait wait, weren't YOU the one that JUST said cross platform games are made on PC?

You know cross-platform games are developed on PC's right?

Yeah, you did! Your just trying to give me a head ache at this point.

Makaveli_786
09-01-2004, 08:37 AM
Wait wait wait, weren't YOU the one that JUST said cross platform games are made on PC?

Yeah, you did! Your just trying to give me a head ache at this point.

Exactly and that was my point, I am saying these games are made on PC's then ported to a completely differrent architectre, the PS2, thats why they look so bad, you cant directly port a game from a PC to a PS2 and expect it to look good, there are some more SH4 screenshots, the PS2 version looks better, hopefully I can photocopy them without loss of picture quality.

BlindMaphisto
09-01-2004, 08:46 AM
Ahh I think I see what your saying now. Let me see if I got what your saying now.

In order to take best advantage of the ps2 you need to develope the game directly on the ps2 dev kit they give you. So when they do a multi platform game they do it on pc and port it out accordingly, and you think this is why xbox games tend to look better because it's made based on pc technology. That does make some sence I guess. Although I have no way to confirm it becase it sounds like a complicated thing to look up and because I am lazy.

I'm still not convinced the ps2 is more powerful than the GC or xbox based on the top tier visuals available in games for each system. On some technical level you might be able to prove it and I wouldn't know it because I'm far a technician but from what I have seen the graphics on some of the best xbox and gc games kill some of the best PS2 graphics I've seen.

Icarus4578
09-01-2004, 09:31 AM
Makaveli_786 ~ "Again your talking out of your ass.

Nintendo and Sony have a long history together, Sony designed the NES sound card, the sound card for the SNES and they designed the SNES CD from the ground up."

Ha! Nintendo and Sony had good relations until Nintendo decided that they didn't want Sony's CD-based SNES add-on (which eventually became what we know as the PlayStation). Afterwards, Nintendo revealed that they still held ownership over the PlayStation brand name and were about to sue Sony but they settled out of court for an undisclosed amount of money. At the last E3, they both took hotshots at each other because, as you so eloquently pointed out, there's honor and respect between the two, and they get along just fine. That must explain why Hiroshi Yamauchi was slamming Sony from day to night whenever he'd get on his podium--because they like one another. :rolleyes: Ever since Sony took Square and Enix from Nintendo there's been bad blood between the two. However, as time has progressed forward it has become apparent that, aside from Enix, Nintendo hasn't missed out on much.

....And in other developments from fantasy land....

Makaveli_786 ~ "On the other hand Ikatagi is the owner of Sammy and the main financier, most of Sammy's money comes from the stocks they own in Sony so Sony's money funds Nintendo's next step."

Keep speaking out of your ass. No outside source instructs Nintendo in their business behavior, and I defy you to prove otherwise. Nintendo has and always will remain an independent-minded company. Thank you.

Makaveli_786 ~ "Fact is when it comes to the media they talk out of theyr ass whether you want to hear it or not, neither Sony or Nintendo pay these companies or encourage them to slander they just do it, ignore them and accept it."

Wrong. Not only do they pay the media off, most of the media's revenue comes directly from advertising revenue. Back when EGM took on Capcom for Super Street Fighter II there was a sense of honesty about the industry, but not anymore. Money is the bottom line.

Makaveli_786 ~ [In response to Gearhound about the Silent Hill 4 shots] "Man listen its becoming apparent you have very little to no knowledge about software or hardware so how about you just shut up now "

I think you should. Why not take some shots of Soul Calibur 2 and compare them? Better yet, see all three versions in motion and you'll know immediately which console is the weakest.

BlindMaphisto, Makaveli hasn't proven anything, so don't waste time falling into his BS false-specs dissection. He's the same one who tried to compare the raw polygonal output of the PS2 to the fully-textured, effects-laden Dreamcast polygonal output.

Joe Redifer
09-01-2004, 10:03 AM
Maybe Spiderman was developed on a PC (like most crappy games are), but that doesn't mean ALL multiplatform games are developed on the PC. Spiderman, like the movie, looks mediocre.

Also, why would developers be too lazy to implement anti-aliasing on the PS2? "Ya know Shinji, I'd like to have anti-aliasing for our PS2 game, but I'd rather go home early today". That is retarded. Perhaps it's because the PS2 takes a significant performance hit when used AND has little RAM.

Makaveli_786
09-01-2004, 10:15 AM
Ahh I think I see what your saying now. Let me see if I got what your saying now.

In order to take best advantage of the ps2 you need to develope the game directly on the ps2 dev kit they give you. So when they do a multi platform game they do it on pc and port it out accordingly, and you think this is why xbox games tend to look better because it's made based on pc technology. That does make some sence I guess. Although I have no way to confirm it becase it sounds like a complicated thing to look up and because I am lazy.

I'm still not convinced the ps2 is more powerful than the GC or xbox based on the top tier visuals available in games for each system. On some technical level you might be able to prove it and I wouldn't know it because I'm far a technician but from what I have seen the graphics on some of the best xbox and gc games kill some of the best PS2 graphics I've seen.

The fact is if they can take a game built on an Xbox and even run it on a PS2 then the PS2 must have some revenue of power right?

Spiderman 2 runs just as well, in fact I dont agree with the reviews its fun as hell, the two versions are identicle, its not bad for the PS2 to be running the game at the same speed as the Xbox if the PS2 is supposed to be a million times weaker and crap like that.

Makaveli_786
09-01-2004, 10:16 AM
Makaveli_786 ~ "Again your talking out of your ass.

Nintendo and Sony have a long history together, Sony designed the NES sound card, the sound card for the SNES and they designed the SNES CD from the ground up."

Ha! Nintendo and Sony had good relations until Nintendo decided that they didn't want Sony's CD-based SNES add-on (which eventually became what we know as the PlayStation). Afterwards, Nintendo revealed that they still held ownership over the PlayStation brand name and were about to sue Sony but they settled out of court for an undisclosed amount of money. At the last E3, they both took hotshots at each other because, as you so eloquently pointed out, there's honor and respect between the two, and they get along just fine. That must explain why Hiroshi Yamauchi was slamming Sony from day to night whenever he'd get on his podium--because they like one another. :rolleyes: Ever since Sony took Square and Enix from Nintendo there's been bad blood between the two. However, as time has progressed forward it has become apparent that, aside from Enix, Nintendo hasn't missed out on much.

....And in other developments from fantasy land....

Makaveli_786 ~ "On the other hand Ikatagi is the owner of Sammy and the main financier, most of Sammy's money comes from the stocks they own in Sony so Sony's money funds Nintendo's next step."

Keep speaking out of your ass. No outside source instructs Nintendo in their business behavior, and I defy you to prove otherwise. Nintendo has and always will remain an independent-minded company. Thank you.

Makaveli_786 ~ "Fact is when it comes to the media they talk out of theyr ass whether you want to hear it or not, neither Sony or Nintendo pay these companies or encourage them to slander they just do it, ignore them and accept it."

Wrong. Not only do they pay the media off, most of the media's revenue comes directly from advertising revenue. Back when EGM took on Capcom for Super Street Fighter II there was a sense of honesty about the industry, but not anymore. Money is the bottom line.

Makaveli_786 ~ [In response to Gearhound about the Silent Hill 4 shots] "Man listen its becoming apparent you have very little to no knowledge about software or hardware so how about you just shut up now "

I think you should. Why not take some shots of Soul Calibur 2 and compare them? Better yet, see all three versions in motion and you'll know immediately which console is the weakest.

BlindMaphisto, Makaveli hasn't proven anything, so don't waste time falling into his BS false-specs dissection. He's the same one who tried to compare the raw polygonal output of the PS2 to the fully-textured, effects-laden Dreamcast polygonal output.

Compare Spiderman 2 on the three consoles or an FF game to Fable.

Makaveli_786
09-01-2004, 10:19 AM
Maybe Spiderman was developed on a PC (like most crappy games are), but that doesn't mean ALL multiplatform games are developed on the PC. Spiderman, like the movie, looks mediocre.

Also, why would developers be too lazy to implement anti-aliasing on the PS2? "Ya know Shinji, I'd like to have anti-aliasing for our PS2 game, but I'd rather go home early today". That is retarded. Perhaps it's because the PS2 takes a significant performance hit when used AND has little RAM.

If AA was so easy to deal with through software they wouldnt have spent money implementing it into hardware, on top of that they could improve it if it was software, that was the idea behind implementing AA in PS2, you could improve it because it was software but it isnt easy to handle, Red Faction had AA but it ran perfectly.

Icarus4578
09-01-2004, 12:43 PM
Oh what a way to respond Makaveli_786. "Compare Spiderman 2 on the three consoles or an FF game to Fable." What a weak response, and after I took the time to actually respond. Sorry, but I'm not playing your game by your rules; I'm taking an actual multiplatform game developed independently on every platform and judging them. Case in point: Soul Calibur 2. It's way better on both the GC and X-Box, period. Nobody can dispute that because it is a fact. No matter what specs you may try and pull up, nor whatever lame excuse you constantly use to try and justify explaining how a PS2 is stronger [sic] than the other consoles, the software has proven itself to be superior on GC and X-Box, and multiplatform developers all agree with that assessment because they have no way of denying the truth even if they wanted to. The PS2 is the weakest console of the three, but just so happens to have the most support. Therefore, when it comes to the library of software (where it matters most) the PS2 is unarguably more versatile than the competition. However, that doesn't mean that the games are of a higher, shall we say, calibur (bad pun) to the competition. Once again, I bring up the name of Soul Calibur 2---and just like that your defenses crumble.

laicher21
09-01-2004, 01:31 PM
PS2's are not made as well. Thats why they have a capable support staff because every dya they probably have a record number of support calls and emails, the thing is made like trash. I dont know if they use recycled parts or what. Mine broke twice! Twice! I used it fucking once a week!

Icarus4578
09-01-2004, 01:42 PM
I feel for you. Sony uses cheap components to build their cheap console so that it breaks down easily. Sony needs a complete staff of workers to deal specifically with their consoles breaking down to prevent more lawsuits and the truth being exposed.

Cobi*
09-01-2004, 03:49 PM
maddox gets a word in to (http://maddox.xmission.com/c.cgi?u=video_games)

I should purchase a Saturn..I heard that it overheats very easily though...

"752,995 people will never understand what's being said here."

This is funny to me.

Vert1, I don't think you deserve to own a Saturn.

Didn't read your whole article Icarus, but I'd like to add my belief that almost every PS2 owner is a Shonen Jump ( Viz, crappy american version with Yu Gi Oh and DBZ ) reading, Lynkin Park listening, Toonami raised otaku that believes Mtv Movie Awards are important to a film to be succesful.

No, I'm serious, you guys are stupid.

Every other one of them just plays RPG games.

:O My god, it's like you've known me all my life! *shock*

gearhound
09-01-2004, 05:51 PM
You know cross-platform games are developed on PC's right?

Thats another point, seems like your argument is slipping, you want to provide any more links which say Silent Hill 4 will run at three trillion frames per second or the Xbox is the most powerful computer in the world and the Xbox Next will be Skynet?

Man listen its becoming apparent you have very little to no knowledge about software or hardware so how about you just shut up now :)

whatever. you still have yet to prove that the ps2 is superior to the xbox, so please, stop talking out of your ass. SH4 is developed on PS2 hardware and then ported to the XBOX. those pictures you posted are the fucking same. in other words, they prove jack ****.

A PC is an x86 architecture like the Xbox, when they develop a game for
the PC they dont have to modify it to make it work on an Xbox, cross platform games work perfectly on the Xbox because theyr built on PC's and the Xbox is a PC.

not every multi-platform game gets released on the PC. and no **** the xbox is pretty much a PC. you are still in denial, and you are just making up excuses.

Vert1
09-01-2004, 06:03 PM

This is funny to me.

Vert1, I don't think you deserve to own a Saturn.

I don't deserve to own a video game system...??

dik69
09-01-2004, 06:27 PM

This is funny to me.

What's so funny about that? It's his counter. Clipz "HAHA! NUMBERS!!".

3nigma
09-01-2004, 08:23 PM
yey....after 2 years of using my ps2, the laser for the dvd drive just died. But im not bitching...i found a place to buy a replacement part and am gonna fix it myself :)
still cheaper than buying a new one.

Icarus4578
09-02-2004, 01:23 PM
But the fact remains that you bought a PS2 and it stopped functioning properly.

TheHardware
09-02-2004, 01:32 PM
my brothers game cube just died on him.....hes going to buy another one......it wont read any disks..../sigh

Cobi*
09-02-2004, 03:09 PM
What's so funny about that? It's his counter. Clipz "HAHA! NUMBERS!!".

Perhaps you didn't read the article? You and vert1 are part of that 759,313 that don't understand what he's really talking about. I find it funny that despite the fact that he points it out in the article itself the message is still lost on you, dick.

dik69
09-02-2004, 07:44 PM
He's talking about how much those people in society piss him off, and since reality games are all the rage, he created a few ones based on those people who piss him off. That's what it looked like to me anyway when I read it.

qing256
09-02-2004, 08:39 PM
I think the phrase each to his own is more fitting here. You can bash sony all u want it wont make a difference. Their console maybe a generation behind (PS2 128bit, xbox GC256bit) but they've never disappointed as far as game wise, now that might due to the developers wanting a quick buck or a instant hit; doesn't matter the case, the end result is that sony has impressive game rosters that rival both Xbox and GC! And yes PS2 is pretty crapy comparing to Xbox and GC spec wise. But game wise and performance wise I'm happy with it, so there is no point on saying Sony is evil or anything, 90% of the time they've given the American fans what they wanted and asked for, granted a few titles never made it here, even in the PSX era, but thats all just business decision that you can't do anything about. Just like Lv5's cancellation of true fantasy online, its a business decision. No amount of thread will get a bunch of money grubbing hardasses to change their mind about what a minor fanbase wants as comparing to millions of others who wants that. That's just what I think, this isn't Japan or China where games are made for the people and not just made to have a instant fanbase and then having them pray for a sequel that might make it oversea, dollar signs are worth more here than a faithful fanbase who will keep the games alive.

3nigma
09-02-2004, 09:17 PM
But the fact remains that you bought a PS2 and it stopped functioning properly.

at least i can repair it :)

...unlike my dead harddrive(s), or busted printer...or my impotent dvd player :mad: ...heck...even my ipod is dead. good thing i bought the extended warranty.

Anyways...that's reality. Things break down (Eventually at least). Some more so than others.

Messanic
09-03-2004, 01:21 AM
Ok, I read the first page here and came to the conclusion that, although Icc kept getting the same screwed up ps2 that doesn't mean its our problem. I mean damn man your a real whiny punk you know that? Get over it, things break, I had no idea Sony got smacked with a lawsuit until I read the the Sony ps2 reapair faq.

I suggest you buy a new ps2 and stop acting like a little punk, a broken ps2 is a broken ps2, when you bought yours you took the risk of it breaking on you, thats what we call life. I play my ps2 for the games, it looks like you play your ps2 just to complain, like those old people in the fast food restaraunts. Mysery loves company, but we all don't want to be miserable like you man, stop acting like an old fart.

Joe Redifer
09-03-2004, 01:41 AM
Their console maybe a generation behind (PS2 128bit, xbox GC256bit)
Actually both the Xbox and Gamecube are 32 bit machines. So is your PC and my Mac. True 64 bit machines are coming soon!

Paper exe
09-03-2004, 05:50 AM
I think the phrase each to his own is more fitting here. You can bash sony all u want it wont make a difference. Their console maybe a generation behind (PS2 128bit, xbox GC256bit) but they've never disappointed as far as game wise, now that might due to the developers wanting a quick buck or a instant hit; doesn't matter the case, the end result is that sony has impressive game rosters that rival both Xbox and GC! And yes PS2 is pretty crapy comparing to Xbox and GC spec wise. But game wise and performance wise I'm happy with it, so there is no point on saying Sony is evil or anything, 90% of the time they've given the American fans what they wanted and asked for, granted a few titles never made it here, even in the PSX era, but thats all just business decision that you can't do anything about. Just like Lv5's cancellation of true fantasy online, its a business decision. No amount of thread will get a bunch of money grubbing hardasses to change their mind about what a minor fanbase wants as comparing to millions of others who wants that. That's just what I think, this isn't Japan or China where games are made for the people and not just made to have a instant fanbase and then having them pray for a sequel that might make it oversea, dollar signs are worth more here than a faithful fanbase who will keep the games alive.
there is 600 PS2 games never released in US :lol:
nintendo is the only company that gives there fans what they wanted

Icarus4578
09-03-2004, 09:43 AM
TheHardware ~ "my brothers game cube just died on him.....hes going to buy another one......it wont read any disks..../sigh"

That sucks ass. If you buy something, it should work perfectly for a long time. I haven't seen nearly as many complaints about GCs breaking down, but if it does happen it sucks no matter what anybody says.

qing256 ~ "I think the phrase each to his own is more fitting here. You can bash sony all u want it wont make a difference. Their console maybe a generation behind (PS2 128bit, xbox GC256bit) but they've never disappointed as far as game wise, now that might due to the developers wanting a quick buck or a instant hit; doesn't matter the case, the end result is that sony has impressive game rosters that rival both Xbox and GC! And yes PS2 is pretty crapy comparing to Xbox and GC spec wise. But game wise and performance wise I'm happy with it, so there is no point on saying Sony is evil or anything, 90% of the time they've given the American fans what they wanted and asked for, granted a few titles never made it here, even in the PSX era, but thats all just business decision that you can't do anything about. Just like Lv5's cancellation of true fantasy online, its a business decision. No amount of thread will get a bunch of money grubbing hardasses to change their mind about what a minor fanbase wants as comparing to millions of others who wants that. That's just what I think, this isn't Japan or China where games are made for the people and not just made to have a instant fanbase and then having them pray for a sequel that might make it oversea, dollar signs are worth more here than a faithful fanbase who will keep the games alive."

Good point, but in no way does that negate the situation.

3nigma ~ "at least i can repair it :)

...unlike my dead harddrive(s), or busted printer...or my impotent dvd player :mad: ...heck...even my ipod is dead. good thing i bought the extended warranty.

Anyways...that's reality. Things break down (Eventually at least). Some more so than others."

But Sony is a big brand label whose building consoles out of crap components and there shouldn't be any reason why their consoles are breaking down constantly. Even my Vectrex still works, and yet Sony, with all their know-how and money, somehow cannot figure out how to build something to work? I don't buy it.

Messanic ~ "Ok, I read the first page here and came to the conclusion that, although Icc kept getting the same screwed up ps2 that doesn't mean its our problem. I mean damn man your a real whiny punk you know that? Get over it, things break, I had no idea Sony got smacked with a lawsuit until I read the the Sony ps2 reapair faq.

I suggest you buy a new ps2 and stop acting like a little punk, a broken ps2 is a broken ps2, when you bought yours you took the risk of it breaking on you, thats what we call life. I play my ps2 for the games, it looks like you play your ps2 just to complain, like those old people in the fast food restaraunts. Mysery loves company, but we all don't want to be miserable like you man, stop acting like an old fart."

Sure thing Messanic. And I suppose all of the other people who have complained about their PS2s inside and outside of my thread are all a bunch of whiners as well. You say "I play my ps2 for the games, it looks like you play your ps2 just to complain, like those old people in the fast food restaraunts," yet if I had bought a PS2 and it functioned properly, do you really believe that I would've antagonized Sony the way I have? You also said "I suggest you buy a new ps2 and stop acting like a little punk, a broken ps2 is a broken ps2, when you bought yours you took the risk of it breaking on you, thats what we call life." Well I'm on my fourth (and final) PS2, and you're absolutely wrong--people don't spend their money to risk something breaking on them. The reason people pay money for a console is to play games on it, yet that's pretty difficult to do when the console starts screwing, isn't it? If that's too hard of a pill for you to swallow, tough. You're the one who can't take the heat, and, funny thing is, I don't recall attacking you but rather Sony. Looks like I just upset another fanboy (like I care).

Makaveli_786
09-03-2004, 10:19 AM
Oh what a way to respond Makaveli_786. "Compare Spiderman 2 on the three consoles or an FF game to Fable." What a weak response, and after I took the time to actually respond. Sorry, but I'm not playing your game by your rules; I'm taking an actual multiplatform game developed independently on every platform and judging them. Case in point: Soul Calibur 2. It's way better on both the GC and X-Box, period. Nobody can dispute that because it is a fact. No matter what specs you may try and pull up, nor whatever lame excuse you constantly use to try and justify explaining how a PS2 is stronger [sic] than the other consoles, the software has proven itself to be superior on GC and X-Box, and multiplatform developers all agree with that assessment because they have no way of denying the truth even if they wanted to. The PS2 is the weakest console of the three, but just so happens to have the most support. Therefore, when it comes to the library of software (where it matters most) the PS2 is unarguably more versatile than the competition. However, that doesn't mean that the games are of a higher, shall we say, calibur (bad pun) to the competition. Once again, I bring up the name of Soul Calibur 2---and just like that your defenses crumble.

Well my next point was library of games is more important but you pretty much made it for me.

Anyway granted Soul Calibur does look better on Xbox and PS2, in fact Soul Calibur 1 looked better on DC you still havent answered as to how Spiderman and SH4 look superior on PS2

Makaveli_786
09-03-2004, 10:21 AM
whatever. you still have yet to prove that the ps2 is superior to the xbox, so please, stop talking out of your ass. SH4 is developed on PS2 hardware and then ported to the XBOX. those pictures you posted are the fucking same. in other words, they prove jack ****.

not every multi-platform game gets released on the PC. and no **** the xbox is pretty much a PC. you are still in denial, and you are just making up excuses.

LOL, man your hilarious, multi-platform games are almost always created on PC's, if you dont know that then **** what are you doing trying to argue with me?

I knew that when I was 5.

Icarus4578
09-03-2004, 10:23 AM
There are a few instances like Spiderman where the PS2 version is the best version. That's probably due to either third-party favortism for Sony (i.e. not wanting to exhibit the other platforms), or it could just be that it was originally designed for the PS2 and they didn't want to go through the work of enhancing the other version(s). Or, it could also be a case of knowing the PS2 architecture better than another console.

Makaveli_786
09-03-2004, 10:24 AM
TheHardware ~ "my brothers game cube just died on him.....hes going to buy another one......it wont read any disks..../sigh"

That sucks ass. If you buy something, it should work perfectly for a long time. I haven't seen nearly as many complaints about GCs breaking down, but if it does happen it sucks no matter what anybody says.

qing256 ~ "I think the phrase each to his own is more fitting here. You can bash sony all u want it wont make a difference. Their console maybe a generation behind (PS2 128bit, xbox GC256bit) but they've never disappointed as far as game wise, now that might due to the developers wanting a quick buck or a instant hit; doesn't matter the case, the end result is that sony has impressive game rosters that rival both Xbox and GC! And yes PS2 is pretty crapy comparing to Xbox and GC spec wise. But game wise and performance wise I'm happy with it, so there is no point on saying Sony is evil or anything, 90% of the time they've given the American fans what they wanted and asked for, granted a few titles never made it here, even in the PSX era, but thats all just business decision that you can't do anything about. Just like Lv5's cancellation of true fantasy online, its a business decision. No amount of thread will get a bunch of money grubbing hardasses to change their mind about what a minor fanbase wants as comparing to millions of others who wants that. That's just what I think, this isn't Japan or China where games are made for the people and not just made to have a instant fanbase and then having them pray for a sequel that might make it oversea, dollar signs are worth more here than a faithful fanbase who will keep the games alive."

Good point, but in no way does that negate the situation.

3nigma ~ "at least i can repair it :)

Anyways...that's reality. Things break down (Eventually at least). Some more so than others."

But Sony is a big brand label whose building consoles out of crap components and there shouldn't be any reason why their consoles are breaking down constantly. Even my Vectrex still works, and yet Sony, with all their know-how and money, somehow cannot figure out how to build something to work? I don't buy it.

Messanic ~ "Ok, I read the first page here and came to the conclusion that, although Icc kept getting the same screwed up ps2 that doesn't mean its our problem. I mean damn man your a real whiny punk you know that? Get over it, things break, I had no idea Sony got smacked with a lawsuit until I read the the Sony ps2 reapair faq.

I suggest you buy a new ps2 and stop acting like a little punk, a broken ps2 is a broken ps2, when you bought yours you took the risk of it breaking on you, thats what we call life. I play my ps2 for the games, it looks like you play your ps2 just to complain, like those old people in the fast food restaraunts. Mysery loves company, but we all don't want to be miserable like you man, stop acting like an old fart."

Sure thing Messanic. And I suppose all of the other people who have complained about their PS2s inside and outside of my thread are all a bunch of whiners as well. You say "I play my ps2 for the games, it looks like you play your ps2 just to complain, like those old people in the fast food restaraunts," yet if I had bought a PS2 and it functioned properly, do you really believe that I would've antagonized Sony the way I have? You also said "I suggest you buy a new ps2 and stop acting like a little punk, a broken ps2 is a broken ps2, when you bought yours you took the risk of it breaking on you, thats what we call life." Well I'm on my fourth (and final) PS2, and you're absolutely wrong--people don't spend their money to risk something breaking on them. The reason people pay money for a console is to play games on it, yet that's pretty difficult to do when the console starts screwing, isn't it? If that's too hard of a pill for you to swallow, tough. You're the one who can't take the heat, and, funny thing is, I don't recall attacking you but rather Sony. Looks like I just upset another fanboy (like I care).

Why the hell did you buy 4 PS2's if you hate it so much, by the way theres a little thing called warranty.

Icarus4578
09-03-2004, 10:27 AM
I didn't buy four PS2s. I used my two-year warranty once each year to the year that I originally got it because each time my PS2 would break down. The one I currently own, the fourth, is the second one I bought.

Makaveli_786
09-03-2004, 10:34 AM
So why did you buy a second one, call this a rash opinion but it doesnt seem like your a big fan of the PS2 :D

Escaflowne2001
09-03-2004, 10:40 AM
simple even though he bitches and moans over and over he must at least like the games enough to keep getting a PS2 so there doing something right.

Makaveli_786
09-03-2004, 10:43 AM
Man I'm honestly wondering why he bothered with 4 PS2's, I wouldnt bother with the PS2 after 2 consoles let alone 4 and I love my PS2.

Icarus4578
09-03-2004, 11:33 AM
I bought a second PS2 because otherwise I'd have no way of playing any of my PS2 games. Sony already shot themselves in the foot though because, as I've said, I'm not getting PS3.

THE ICHI
09-03-2004, 12:09 PM
I don't like ps2 but I have one, not because of the system but for the games. Only RPG games thats it, everything else on that system is crap. If spider man came on all system then Xbox gets it. Why you ask Makaveli_786 because I know you will ask is because Xbox is more powerful Faster load, custom music. Why don't you start to think man and stop being a :lol: BAKA :lol: Why don't you compare Splinter Cell or Max Payne 1&2 or Dead to Rights or anything else.

Xbox - GC-PS2-DC that the order of POWER. :clap: Let show you a game Makaveli_786 from DC to PS2 I think it was GRANDIA 2. which one was better, o I think it was DC verison. That was a multi-platform game, the company that made that game didn't do anything to the PS2 version so they are the same. But there was something wrong with the PS2 version of Grandia 2 it was slow it didn't look right. So the Dreamcast verison of this game that looks plays better than the PS2 version.
The point is PS2 is crappy it can't even do a game right from a another system even from a lower system that is.

Ports are ports unless Dev. enhance the game.

Makaveli_786 stop be a B A K A :lol: B A K A :lol: B A K A :lol:

Escaflowne2001
09-03-2004, 01:32 PM
It all depends on how much effort the developer puts in, in that case it was just a quick easy port and good way to make a quick extra buck.

I also believe the port was done by UBI Soft rather then the original developers Game Arts aswell.

THE ICHI
09-03-2004, 03:16 PM
Thats what it was a quick buck. Silent Hill 4 for xbox was a quick buck too. Something like Fatal Frame 2 coming out for Xbox. This will be a enhance version like FP mode.

I still haven't seen One Piece yet :crying: I'm a Baka

Joe Redifer
09-03-2004, 08:12 PM
Makaveli, why do you have multiple posts in a row when responding to different people (as seen on that last page as well as other pages)? Are you unable to do it in one post? There is no reason to have multiple posts by the same user in a row a minute or two apart. Are you mentally impaired or something?

Icarus4578
09-04-2004, 02:21 AM
THE ICHI ~ "I don't like ps2 but I have one, not because of the system but for the games. Only RPG games thats it, everything else on that system is crap. If spider man came on all system then Xbox gets it. Why you ask Makaveli_786 because I know you will ask is because Xbox is more powerful Faster load, custom music. Why don't you start to think man and stop being a :lol: BAKA :lol: Why don't you compare Splinter Cell or Max Payne 1&2 or Dead to Rights or anything else."

No, don't let Makaveli_786 pull up screenshots of those games because he's bound to find the oldest, sh*ttiest screen captures of every console other than his beloved PS2. Isn't that right Makaveli_786? (P.S. How do you manage to always succeed at doing that?)

THE ICHI ~ "Xbox - GC-PS2-DC that the order of POWER."

And there it is in a nutshell. I'd add that the Dreamcast can do anti-aliason from the console itself, as opposed to the PS2 where it must be done via the software. Nevertheless, I wish that Sega didn't kill their Dreamcast off because I think it's a great console. Sega makes my favorite consoles, period. They are all very unique and have a sense of atmosphere about them which I've never seen duplicated elsewhere. Sony builds dogcrap in comparison. The PSone was a great console because of all the third-party titles, esp. RPGs, but the Saturn has a better library overall when you include the import titles. The PSone makes the PS2 look like a embarrassment, bitch-slapping it back into the trash recepticle where it belongs.

Decado
09-04-2004, 02:27 AM
By the end of this generation the PS2 will have a better library than the PS1, Saturn and N64 combined, AFAIC.

Icarus4578
09-04-2004, 02:32 AM
Somehow I just don't think so. While I'm sure the PS2 will have a lot of great third-party titles, more than both the GC and the X-Box combined, it still will not touch Saturn nor even the original PSone.

Decado
09-04-2004, 03:07 AM
The PS1 didn't have much outside of RPGs. If you discount imports I think the PS2 could come close to the PS1 in that genre. Everything else it will absolutely *crush* the PS1 (already has, IMO). The Saturn had a few gems, but quantity wasn't really substantial. Barely a factor. Nintendo provided the N64 with some quality, but again, there wasn't that much. The PS2 won't be able to match those three systems combined in terms of "AAA" titles, but that really doesn't matter much, IMO.

gearhound
09-04-2004, 09:24 PM
LOL, man your hilarious, multi-platform games are almost always created on PC's, if you dont know that then **** what are you doing trying to argue with me?

I knew that when I was 5.

notice you said almost... anyway, like i said before... not EVERY multi-console game gets a PC release.

Vert1
09-04-2004, 11:38 PM
I'm starting to get very irritated about there not being a Sega discussion yet there is a Sony discussion.

Dreamcast>PS2

naruto_sensei
09-05-2004, 12:13 AM
I'm starting to get very irritated about there not being a Sega discussion yet there is a Sony discussion.

Dreamcast>PS2

ya btw they shold also make capcom disscussion, konami and EA :haha: .um no vert there's no sega disscusion and there isn't going to be one.(if you really want to talk about sega you can always post it in the "other consoles disscussion")

Vert1
09-05-2004, 12:17 AM
Well Sega made consoles unlike those other companies you listed.I don't think it's to hard to ask for a Sega discussion thread.

Discussion forums such as that are made for the primary console makers, Sega doesn't do that kind of stuff anymore. So they get put in with the "Other Consoles" stuff like Neo Geo, Atari, ect.

it was worth a try. Dreamcast still owns PS2.

naruto_sensei
09-05-2004, 12:21 AM
Well Sega made consoles unlike those other companies you listed.I don't think it's to hard to ask for a Sega discussion thread.In fact I demand it.
well too bad they don't anymore. you can discuss their old consoles in the "other consoles disscussion"

Vert1
09-05-2004, 12:22 AM
Sega will be back one day you wait...

naruto_sensei
09-05-2004, 12:28 AM
Sega will be back one day you wait...
they're still here and now that they've merged with sammy... I doubt it, even if they did make a new console I probably wouldn't buy it.

Icarus4578
09-05-2004, 01:53 AM
And it's all Sony's fault.

naruto_sensei
09-05-2004, 02:12 AM
And it's all Sony's fault.
stop blaming it on sony. they won fair and square, actually I don't know why a lot of third party make games on their consoles, but as long as they do I'm going to keep supporting sony.

Icarus4578
09-05-2004, 03:11 AM
No, the reason Sega died off is because they were stupid and didn't release more of their big titles for the Dreamcast. That, and because they gave up halfway. But Sony did do a lot of damage by syphoning third-parties. I don't see what makes the PS2 a better console than the Dreamcast.

Messanic
09-05-2004, 04:08 AM
No, the reason Sega died off is because they were stupid and didn't release more of their big titles for the Dreamcast. That, and because they gave up halfway. But Sony did do a lot of damage by syphoning third-parties. I don't see what makes the PS2 a better console than the Dreamcast.

Nintendo isn't an exception to 'syphonig' third parties ethier Icc, Sega also isn't dead, the dc is. Part of the problem with the dc was simply bad marketing and giving up. The ps2 is a more powerful machine than the dc but the gcn and xbox are more powerful than the dc. What makes the ps2 better than the dc is the games, better controller layout, power, and better marketing, and except for power those are what also makes the ps2 better than the gcn and xbox. Talk all you want about superior graphics, speed, craftsmanship, porting and better online play but the ps2 is where the money is at. The games are good and the graphics are good, therefor the purchase is good.

Icarus4578
09-05-2004, 04:19 AM
Messanic, the big difference is that both Sega and Nintendo had created the perfect gaming environment. Back in the 16-bit days there was a level playing field as far as competition was concerned. After Sony entered the foray, they transformed this industry in more ways than one, and mostly for the worse. They use fake user-base figures to goad third-parties into developing exclusively for their console, even though it's a piece of junk. Everything about Sony boils down to two things: Image and hype.

You're free to disagree but that's the way I see things.

As for Sega, yes, Sony is a rather large factor in Sega's decision to take a bow from the console scene for the time being. Sega had looked over their losses and thought they could recoup their losses by [easily] become the biggest third-party ever, even beating out EA. Of course, we've learned otherwise--as a third-party, Sega hasn't been very good. However, I still want those Phantasy Star remakes. Too bad that because of SCEA they may never see the light of day outside of Japan.

Messanic
09-05-2004, 04:33 AM
As for Sega, yes, Sony is a rather large factor in Sega's decision to take a bow from the console scene for the time being. Sega had looked over their losses and thought they could recoup their losses by [easily] become the biggest third-party ever, even beating out EA. Of course, we've learned otherwise--as a third-party, Sega hasn't been very good. However, I still want those Phantasy Star remakes. Too bad that because of SCEA they may never see the light of day outside of Japan.

I agree, we may never see those remakes and aside from pso I've never played one. But the 16 bit era is gone, the quality games are still here but the quality game era is most definitely gone. Sega is just as lazy with games as Sony is with consoles, Sega is still here but the high maintenance Sega is very much gone. You gotta face the fact that life will bite you in the ass someday and theres nothing you can do about it. Thats why I'm entering the video game development scene, my desire to make quality games has only been put down on pencil and paper, but they will become actions one day.

Icarus4578
09-05-2004, 04:37 AM
Well yes, the reason Sega isn't as good as they once were is because they became lazy, letting their success inflate their egos. Also, the near-death of the arcade scene has played a large factor.

So you want to actually be a part of the game development community. Good luck to you. :cool guy: I trust you're very observant of the elements which better games consist of. Of course, to become big on any scale in this industry is an accomplishment in and of itself, let alone not having a bunch of bigwigs in three-piece suits dictating what you're allowed to create.

IoriYagami n8
09-05-2004, 04:39 AM
No, the Phantasy Star games are coming to the States as Phantasy Star Collection (missing PS3, which pisses me off). They are being forced bundled like all the other stuff.

Icarus4578
09-05-2004, 04:42 AM
Can you please provide a link Iori that says this? If that is true, I'm going to have to lock myself in the bedroom for a loooong time with it.

Vert1
09-05-2004, 11:46 AM
They already released a PS collection for GBA.I'd have to buy a GBA player to properly play those games.

IoriYagami n8
09-05-2004, 05:13 PM
But that collection didn't include Phantasy Star IV. So neither one is going to be a complete collection. The actual PS2 bundle is called Phantasy Star Trilogy, which strikes me as odd considering the Phantasy Star games aren't a trilogy.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/519/519352p1.html

j_factor
09-05-2004, 09:44 PM
But that collection didn't include Phantasy Star IV. So neither one is going to be a complete collection. The actual PS2 bundle is called Phantasy Star Trilogy, which strikes me as odd considering the Phantasy Star games aren't a trilogy.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/519/519352p1.html

Phantasy Stars 1, 2, and 4 are a trilogy. PS3 is a side story.

Vert1
09-09-2004, 11:00 PM
second page aint happening today.

I bump this thread for DC's anniversary.

Sinful Sam
09-09-2004, 11:05 PM
Dude let this topic die already. It's a debate that nobody agrees on anything.

Vert1
09-09-2004, 11:07 PM
This topic will never die unless Sony decides to pay off Drunken like they did to third parties with their PS severely damaging N64 and Dreamcast and he locks it.

gearhound
09-09-2004, 11:47 PM
'cause you are full of ****

Renegade X
09-10-2004, 02:22 AM
This topic will never die unless Sony decides to pay off Drunken like they did to third parties with their PS severely damaging N64 and Dreamcast and he locks it.

Awwwww, watch me play the smallest violin for Nintendo and Sega's sarrows because they couldn't get over the fact that... people didn't develope games for their consoles because their cool and hip, they developed for them because... they where the only consoles out there... but suddenly, here comes Sony with the PSOne and PS2, the public loves the new console... Sony is actually willing to sell out some moolah to help developers, who around this time, are having their bottomlines for developing games sky rocket into the multimillions!!!

Vert, you seriously have problems with companies that are actually competitive, don't you... it just crushes your go-nads to think that there are people who actually WANT to make a living and provide for their families, which hint hint, game developes do have Husbands, Wifes, and Kids, GASP, oh the SHOCK AND AWE OF IT ALL. Yes, they'd rather be successful, pulling in long hours, providing for families they almost never get to see or spend time with instead of suffering... because they feel obligated to the veteran console makers. Grow up, hell, why do you think Nintendo go into the video game market, to innovate gaming!? Fuq NO! They wanted to make millions and millions of dollars. Deal with the reality of it all.

Icarus4578
09-10-2004, 10:15 AM
Renegade X, are you stupid? If Sony keeps things going the way they are, those families aren't gonna be provided for. Simple fact is that because of this newfangled business practice of hyping a select few titles and, thus, making all of the smaller companies feel the pressure of trying to live up to those titles, they eventually get swallowed up by bigger companies or, worse yet, go bankrupt because nobody cares about the game that tries to be MGS but isn't as good. Sony's house is a crowded house and there are too many titles offering little-to-no warrant for purchase. That's what happens when 200 games come out in less than a half-year period.

Decado
09-10-2004, 06:11 PM
Dude let this topic die already. It's a debate that nobody agrees on anything. Move it to the GCN forum.

Vert1
09-10-2004, 06:14 PM
Move it to the GCN forum.

That's where it was originally but got moved here by Drunken.

Decado
09-10-2004, 06:17 PM
Move it back.

Vert1
09-10-2004, 06:19 PM
The thread will stay here.This is what the Sony forums get for the repeated anti-Nintendo threads in the Nintendo discussion.

Decado
09-10-2004, 06:22 PM
I see hardly anything on the GCN forums, letalone anything like this (except for a stupid response to this thread).

Stevz
09-10-2004, 09:51 PM
Agh heck... i'll say it... Sony have TOTALLY messed up the gaming industry! And what makes it show is the lack of Quality games in their "so big" library. You may not agree with me but Nintendo have such a thick siff when it comes to choosing games and the majority of the games are quality. How I see it is that Sony allow any game they can get their hands on and put it on a shelf... and many others are the same as the game next to it.

I would back the PS2... if only they showed a little, just a little, more passion about their games quality than to suck in everybody else into its ideal.

Before I'd appreciate all of what was left of the VG industry until the "fanboy" showed up. Thats who is responsible for my dislike of Sony so much. I never hated any console... they did! They though that the PS2 had everything you needed... so other consoles wern't needed... all they get is PS2 games when their is a whole avenue of other experiences...

... Hehehehehe.... thats who's responsible... Not Sony... The Fanboi's!

Messanic
09-10-2004, 10:21 PM
Thats just it Stevz, I've come to realize that there are many awsome games for the nes, snes, genesis, sega saturn, ps1, ps2, gba, and xbox, and I'm not a fanboy. If its the fanboys that screwed everything up then thier the ones to blame for the n64 and gcn sucking so much, thier unconditional love for Ninty means that theres no point in third parties supporting them because Nintendo has them. I'd rather be screwed by buying a 'shoddy' ps2 so I can play the butt load of games that I know I can get for it, regardless of the many rpg's or ports. If I bought a cube I'd still be screwed by Nintendo and would only be able to play games made by them and although they make great games they don't make them too often and they mostly don't even consider audiences older than 10. If the cube had all the ps2 has then I would have bought a cube instead, but I like quality games not the console.

Vert1
09-10-2004, 10:26 PM
Fanboys are not really responsible for how good a system turns out.Nintendo always outsold their competition ALWAYS.They made Mario,DK,Zelda,Metroid and Pokemon of coarse people will buy their games the most.Nintendo is the most recognized company in video games ever.That does not mean third parties should abandon them.If third parties stayed with Nintendo I guarantee the industry would be a lot better than how it turned out now.

GC does not suck by the way.

and they mostly don't even consider audiences older than 10

Give it a break you immature hater.Nintendo makes games for everyone.PERIOD.Now why did people have to complain to Nintendo about Mario Sunshine's difficulty?WHY?It certainly wasn't because the game was made for a 10 year old like punks like you would say.

Messanic
09-10-2004, 11:06 PM
I'm not so sure about 'ALWAYS' outselling thier competition but they are still doing well. All the things I said arent really my own opinion, to others the gcn is awsome if they like Nintendo games, I like Nintendo games especially the ones for the snes and gcn but if thats all there is then I'm not buying a gcn. Many want whats popular or pretty hence the gcn sucks to the mainstream. As for maturity, that isn't a problem either, I don't discriminate on games based on a target youth, and there are 5 year olds that make SM:S look retartedly easy. It just sucks that the only things I get from a gamecube are games and stuff made by Nintendo.

Vert1
09-10-2004, 11:08 PM
Five year olds cannot beat SMS.Grown men complain about the difficulty in that game.The problem with games now of days is that new casual gamers don't appreciate challenging gameplay.

Messanic
09-10-2004, 11:17 PM
I don't have a problem with difficulty, Ninja Gaiden ain't that hard from what I've played.

Vert1
09-10-2004, 11:18 PM
Play the NG trilogy on NES than. :sweat:

Messanic
09-10-2004, 11:24 PM
Play the NG trilogy on NES than. :sweat:

I have, and I beat them all except 3 when I was like 8, I'm 19 now. I found that the key is to know the levels and just flow through it and don't let any enemies respawn, the bosses actually require some strategy though.

qing256
09-10-2004, 11:50 PM
there is 600 PS2 games never released in US :lol:
nintendo is the only company that gives there fans what they wanted

well given Nintendo's situation of not being the king of console anymore, they pretty much have to get every games out here to grab a share of the market. As where Sony can pick and choose because of their position in gaming industry.

oh and when I said 128bit I meant graphics wise and even if system spec goes PS2 is still behind and yes I know all consoles are 32bit christ.

Paper exe
09-11-2004, 06:44 AM
well given Nintendo's situation of not being the king of console anymore, they pretty much have to get every games out here to grab a share of the market. As where Sony can pick and choose because of their position in gaming industry.

no pepole buys PS because it made by sony they just see the maker than buy it
they know sony because sony is not a only game company
but no one know nintendo that why they buy PS

Stevz
09-11-2004, 08:55 AM
Exactly what i was getting at PaperEXE. Sony was aimed at bringing more people... and Im shocked that hardly any PS fan has no "Faith" that they can be entertained by other games let alone consoles.

Icarus4578
09-11-2004, 03:37 PM
It's not that they don't believe that they can have fun with a console aside from Sony's, but rather a case of the media presenting them with this image of Nintendo serving youngsters only, so they're apprehensive about anything Nintendo related (thanks game media). They're still jealous when GC owners get titles such as Metroid and such, but they're more than content with the vastness of the PS2's library. Sony got the casual people playing, but the problem with that is they'll always sway towards whatever few titles the media deems as being the best (DMC, MGS, GTA, etc.), leaving little ground for the other companies to work with. What can they do? Imitate those bigger franchises in the hopes of having a recognizable hit themselves. That's not what gaming is supposed to be about. Gaming is supposed to be like what it once was awhile back, when each developer could create something artistically without being fragmented into a stereotype created and dictated by the game media, such as "Oh, this game is ok/good but it's no MGS," or what-have-you. That's the big difference! Sony is a completely different environment than two gaming companies going at it (Sega and Nintendo), so if you'll excuse me....

Paper exe
09-11-2004, 03:55 PM
I agree with Icarus :cool guy:

Vert1
09-11-2004, 04:23 PM
- SNK Playmore mentioned that they are planning to reveal new PSP titles at Tokyo Game Show, and the company is still researching on the Nintendo DS platform. In addition, SNK Playmore also plans to reveal a new 3D Metal Slug titles at Tokyo Game Show.

this is aweful news...

Sinful Sam
09-11-2004, 05:07 PM
WTF 3D? This is awful news. :crazy:

DarknessTearv2
09-11-2004, 05:46 PM
Yes SNK has turned stupid. Ask them about that KoF Volleyball game they're making..

SNKLover
09-11-2004, 10:04 PM
The only real gripes I have about the ps2 is the fact that its forecoming nailed the coffin of the almighty Dreamcast and the fact that on off times mine wont read DVD'S and the CD Tray craps out on me from time to time.

Sure, I feel Sony doesnt belong in the console race, but what's done is done and while it's a solid system, it will never win me over like a SEGA or Nintendo system.

KingRanger
09-13-2004, 02:40 PM
The only real gripes I have about the ps2 is the fact that its forecoming nailed the coffin of the almighty Dreamcast and the fact that on off times mine wont read DVD'S and the CD Tray craps out on me from time to time.

Sure, I feel Sony doesnt belong in the console race, but what's done is done and while it's a solid system, it will never win me over like a SEGA or Nintendo system.

No wait nailed the coffin for DC was sega's total lack of marketing knowledge. And i just LOVE when people say stuff like "Sony doesn't belong making consoles" i just feel like sometimes patting you guys on the head and giving you a cookie and at other times smacking you.

KingRanger
09-13-2004, 02:47 PM

Sony got 3rd parties as people wanted to make games for it. You and people like vert are just dumb ass fanboys of nintendo who can't get over this. Now run along and play your Virtual boys.

SNKLover
09-14-2004, 04:27 AM
And it's people like you I point and laugh and then went to stick a firecracker up yer bum :)

Let me ask you one thing, what is the most shoddiest, most complained about and most serviced system in recent times.

The PS2

Long Live Dreamcast :)

Escaflowne2001
09-14-2004, 10:51 AM
Long Live Dreamcast :)

Shame the Dreamcast would be 2nd though.

SNKLover
09-14-2004, 02:43 PM
At least I'd be around and we would have Shenmue 2, Gun Valkerie, Sonic Heroes, KOF 2002 on up, SVC Chaos and another fire pro game for the DC :)

Joe Redifer
09-14-2004, 08:24 PM
Gun Vakyrie would have been worse on the Dreamcast due to the sound capabilities alone!

Vert1
09-14-2004, 11:09 PM
Gun Valkyrie would have been cool on DC with the light gun and analog but they had to jack it up for XBOX...

THE ICHI
09-14-2004, 11:21 PM
The japanese DC gun was the best gun ever made :love:

Magnus
09-15-2004, 12:43 AM
At least I'd be around and we would have Shenmue 2, Gun Valkerie, Sonic Heroes, KOF 2002 on up, SVC Chaos and another fire pro game for the DC :)

Shenmue 2 is on the Dreamcast. Just not in America because Microsoft made an exclusivity deal to have it on Xbox.

Joe Redifer
09-15-2004, 02:14 AM
Gun Valkyrie with a light gun? That'd be an entirely different game! Gun Valkyrie on the Xbox is, in fact, one of my favorite Xbox games. As much as I like the Dreamcast, that system could not pull off that game as well in every respect.

Icarus4578
09-20-2004, 09:55 AM
KingRanger ~ "Sony got 3rd parties as people wanted to make games for it. You and people like vert are just dumb ass fanboys of nintendo who can't get over this. Now run along and play your Virtual boys."

Well KingRanger, that just shows how much you know. As it turns out, it was very much Nintendo's fault for losing the third-party support for the N64, but that still doesn't change the fact that Sony blows ass and will never be a good at making video games.

Escaflowne2001
09-20-2004, 11:34 AM
the third-party support for the N64, but that still doesn't change the fact that Sony blows ass and will never be a good at making video games.

That's why they get other people to develop games for them apart from SCEE which are abit better at developing. If you've noticed Nintendo are doing this more and more lately aswell with Capcom, Namco, Kuju, Hudson etc...

Icarus4578
09-20-2004, 12:02 PM
Escaflowne2001, but Nintendo isn't doing the same thing. They're giving other companies some of their licenses so that Nintendo can free up development resources and help expand their reach to the gaming community. Sony just has third-party support. It's not the same thing at all.

naruto_sensei
09-20-2004, 05:42 PM
sony's games aren't that bad...
here's a few coming up of the top of my head

jak 3 and ratchet&clank 3
these two series are right up there with mario sunshine, in terms of platforming fun.

GT4
best driving simulation series out right now

god of war
they've been working on this game for like 3 or 4 years and it seems awsome.

Nico
the sequel to ico which is one of the most underrated games out there

TheHardware
09-20-2004, 07:22 PM
Escaflowne2001, but Nintendo isn't doing the same thing. They're giving other companies some of their licenses so that Nintendo can free up development resources and help expand their reach to the gaming community. Sony just has third-party support. It's not the same thing at all.

i smell BS

if another company makes "nintendos" metroid..and nintendo gets credit.......and polyphony makes Gran turismo.....and sony gets credit for it.......whats the difference

989 - sucks ass
polyphony only makes one game - excellent game nonethewise GT$
team soho- decent game the getaway
incog - downhill domination really good title ....TMB...excellent game
zipper- socom series....best console online game...period
gurilla - made 1 crap game nam 67 and making killzone..shaping up to be above average (maybe more)

they just bought evolution studios....that means WRC is now sony exclusive.......that game is fabulous

they also make have the jak and ratchet and clank series

then thier own inhouse makes -god of war - wanda and the colossus (which i bet will rival zelda next year)..and the mark of kri which seem to have improved from the first one....ohh and ape escape...incredible fun (dont comment if yove never played)

sony may not be the best (nintendo still is)....but to ignore the way they have beefed up thier first party...and the strides they have made themselves to get better.......you must be blind

KingRanger
09-20-2004, 08:55 PM

Wow and are you Vert's ass stain? I mean you say the same things he does and smell just as bad :haha:

dik69
09-20-2004, 11:19 PM
Wow and are you Vert's ass stain? I mean you say the same things he does and smell just as bad :haha:

Anyone who laughs at their own comments (especially unfunny ones) should be drawn and quartered.

Renegade X
09-21-2004, 03:09 AM
Anyone who laughs at their own comments (especially unfunny ones) should be drawn and quartered.

..... ::wonders if he would say the same thing to vert about his comment he made to bemani in another thread::

You know I find it odd that this is the only one of the "worse consoles of all time" threads that actually lasted this long...

Escaflowne2001
09-21-2004, 08:45 AM

No, Sony got other people to develop there games Jak (Naughty Dog), Arc The Lad (Cattle Call), Wild Arms (Media Vision), Gran Turismo (Polyphony Digital) and whatever else it's the same you can't have it both ways. They also help Namco, Square Enix and Sega bring there titles to Europe by publishing them for them.

Icarus4578
09-21-2004, 09:28 AM
Ready to get wasted?

TheHardware ~ "i smell BS

if another company makes "nintendos" metroid..and nintendo gets credit.......and polyphony makes Gran turismo.....and sony gets credit for it.......whats the difference[?]"

The difference is that on their own Nintendo is still far and away a tremendous video game company, whereas Sony is not.

TheHardware ~ "989 - sucks ass
polyphony only makes one game - excellent game nonethewise GT$
team soho- decent game the getaway
incog - downhill domination really good title ....TMB...excellent game
zipper- socom series....best console online game...period
gurilla - made 1 crap game nam 67 and making killzone..shaping up to be above average (maybe more)

they just bought evolution studios....that means WRC is now sony exclusive.......that game is fabulous

they also make have the jak and ratchet and clank series

then thier own inhouse makes -god of war - wanda and the colossus (which i bet will rival zelda next year)..and the mark of kri which seem to have improved from the first one....ohh and ape escape...incredible fun (dont comment if yove never played)

sony may not be the best (nintendo still is)....but to ignore the way they have beefed up thier first party...and the strides they have made themselves to get better.......you must be blind"

You're clearly off-traget. Those developers they bought out don't make Sony great at making video games. All of those titles you mentioned are not developed by Sony but rather by developers they bought out. Sony themselves don't make quality games--they have to pay others to make them because they're incapable of making great games themselves. What has Sony done themselves that's any good? Exactly--nothing. As for those games you listed, only a couple of them are any good and the rest are cookie cutter. To be fair, Nintendo hasn't been very good this generation (except on GBA) and that's probably why they're trying to free up their resources. Even so, Nintendo has been and always will remain a far better game company. Case closed.

Escaflowne2001 ~ "No, Sony got other people to develop there games Jak (Naughty Dog), Arc The Lad (Cattle Call), Wild Arms (Media Vision), Gran Turismo (Polyphony Digital) and whatever else it's the same you can't have it both ways. They also help Namco, Square Enix and Sega bring there titles to Europe by publishing them for them."

Ok, so what in the world does that have to do with anything?

DeathStroke
09-21-2004, 10:05 AM
To be fair, Nintendo hasn't been very good this generation (except on GBA) and that's probably why they're trying to free up their resources. Even so, Nintendo has been and always will remain a far better game company. Case closed.

LOL, you do realize most of their best efforts on GBA are retreads of their old SNES titles. But in any case, if all Nintendo can do is live in the past and are unable to move into the 3d realm, then they should get out of the console business pronto and stick to portables. And I find it funny that the only next gen game Nintendo has produced this generation can't even compare to most PS2 games.

Icarus4578
09-21-2004, 11:55 AM
DeathStroke, which "only next gen game" are you referring to? And you're speaking of your opinion as if it's hard fact. Maybe to you the PS2 has better games, and all grounds considered even I agree, but that doesn't make the PS2 games higher quality overall than Nintendo's efforts.

Paper exe
09-21-2004, 12:35 PM
You're clearly off-traget. Those developers they bought out don't make Sony great at making video games. All of those titles you mentioned are not developed by Sony but rather by developers they bought out. Sony themselves don't make quality games--they have to pay others to make them because they're incapable of making great games themselves. What has Sony done themselves that's any good? Exactly--nothing.
that's why i hate sony

Escaflowne2001
09-21-2004, 02:01 PM
Who brought Retro Studios? who originally brought out a % of Rareware?

Decado
09-21-2004, 03:08 PM
You're clearly off-traget. Those developers they bought out don't make Sony great at making video games. All of those titles you mentioned are not developed by Sony but rather by developers they bought out. Who cares? Sony essentially set them up (I don't know of any games they made before the PS1, several of those games are made by Sony's internal Japanese studios) and they may as well not even have existed if it weren't for Sony.

It isn't as though all of Sony's 1st/2nd party developer talent was snapped up like what Microsoft has done: taking established developers who never touched their platform before.

Sony was a friggin eletronics manufacturer. What did you expect them to do? Take their factory workers and turn them into top notch game developers? :lol:

Sony handled the whole thing amazingly well. 10000000000X better than M$ did. No-one cares (besides you and a few Nintendo fanboys) that Sony hasn't been in the software business for 20 years.

DeathStroke
09-21-2004, 03:13 PM
DeathStroke, which "only next gen game" are you referring to?

Super Mario Sunshine for Gamecube.

And you're speaking of your opinion as if it's hard fact.

This coming from the man that said:

As for those games you listed, only a couple of them are any good and the rest are cookie cutter. To be fair, Nintendo hasn't been very good this generation (except on GBA) and that's probably why they're trying to free up their resources. Even so, Nintendo has been and always will remain a far better game company. Case closed.

:rolleyes:

Maybe to you the PS2 has better games, and all grounds considered even I agree, but that doesn't make the PS2 games higher quality overall than Nintendo's efforts.

Actually, I was only comparing Nintendo's next generation efforts on GC to Sony's similar efforts on PS2. And yeah, I count Jak, Ratchet and various other first party games as Sony games.

Stevz
09-21-2004, 03:54 PM
DeathStroke... Shuuuuuutaaaaaaaaap!

See, this type of people is what I hate the most... even though Sony cant directly deal with it thats a huge reason why I hate PS2.

If you were a game critic ,let alone a console one, you should have the patience and time to play majority of games in general.... and based on this comment about "only one good game that Nintendo produced for the GC" says that this is your opinion and doesnt really need to be anyone elses... AKA Biased!!

Speaking of which...Super Mario Sunshine for Gamecube.
SSBM is probably the best ,one of many, games that Nintendo has produced... and it can compare to the rest of the eleged PS2 titles in question.

DeathStroke
09-21-2004, 04:15 PM
blah blah blah I'madirtyrottenwhore

I'm only going by Icarus's definition of what constitutes a game developed by a company and what doesn't. The only GC game that I know of that lists Nintendo as developer is Super Mario Sunshine. Hal Labratory is listed as the developer of SSBM. ANd if we're not going to count Naughty Dog, Polyphony and others in Sony's case then we should do the same for Nintendo.

Stevz
09-21-2004, 04:22 PM
I'm only going by Icarus's definition of what constitutes a game developed by a company and what doesn't. The only GC game that I know of that lists Nintendo as developer is Super Mario Sunshine. Hal Labratory is listed as the developer of SSBM. ANd if we're not going to count Naughty Dog, Polyphony and others in Sony's case then we should do the same for Nintendo.
Understood!
I conjuction to that... Name me a game that Sony have developed.

Escaflowne2001
09-21-2004, 04:30 PM
Understood!
I conjuction to that... Name me a game that Sony have developed.

on the ps2:
Primal
Ghost Hunter
Forbidden Siren
Ape Escape
Bombastic (damn addictive)
Lifeline/operator's side

plus others on the PsOne including one of the best RPG's Adventures Of Alundra.

naruto_sensei
09-21-2004, 05:01 PM
here's a one more
Ico
and also more games in development
wanda and the colossus
god of war
getaway black monday
siren 2

what does nintendo have coming up anyway? I'll tell you what

zelda
mario party 6

that's right only 2 games are being developed by nintendo ICARUS!!!!

zelda is probably going to own but still...

Escaflowne2001
09-21-2004, 05:05 PM
here's a one more
Ico
and also more games in development
wanda and the colossus
god of war
getaway black monday
siren 2

what does nintendo have coming up anyway? I'll tell you what

zelda
mario party 6

that's right only 2 games are being developed by nintendo ICARUS!!!!

zelda is probably going to own but still...

Getaway is made by Team Soho unless that's just another name for Sony London? Isn't Mario Party 6 by Hudson Soft unless it's changed again since MP5.

naruto_sensei
09-21-2004, 05:08 PM
yep actually it is developed by hudson, so nintendo only has 1 game in development.

and ya on IGN it says that getaway is developed by studio soho yet ion gamespot it says SCEE London Studio ....

geez only 1 game by nintendo in development on the gamecube....

Escaflowne2001
09-21-2004, 05:20 PM
Team Soho must be Sony London I had that gut feeling that's alright then. :) Syphon Filter is another one they developed on the PS2 (though not sure that's a good thing)

TheHardware
09-21-2004, 05:53 PM
that's why i hate sony

DeathStroke... Shuuuuuutaaaaaaaaap!

See, this type of people is what I hate the most... even though Sony cant directly deal with it thats a huge reason why I hate PS2.

for a company with such a innocent childlike image ...they sure have some hateful fans...

kinda reminds me of animal rights activist...who kill people to save animals :donno:

ohh and i dont think team soho is sony london...but i could be wrong

Magnus
09-21-2004, 09:04 PM
geez only 1 game by nintendo in development on the gamecube....

I can count four off the top of my head.

Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
The Legend of Zelda
Fire Emblem - Souen no Kiseki
Paper Mario - Thousand Year Door (In translation)

And I'm sure there are others I've missed too.

naruto_sensei
09-21-2004, 09:15 PM

Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
The Legend of Zelda

if you'd bothered to read then you'd know that we were talking about games develpoed by nintendo. there's about 12 games published by nintendo coming up

DeathStroke
09-21-2004, 09:23 PM

Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
The Legend of Zelda

Actually, aside from SMS, I missed two other games; Windwaker and the extremely forgettable Luigi's Mansion. Anyway, that only proves my point about Sony doing better on the nex gen then Nintendo. As for Paper Mario and Fire Emblem, the developer is Intelligent Systems. So, there are only DK and Zelda on your list.

As for Sony, this is a list of all PS2 games they've done that I could find. Most of them are Japanese only releases but there are a number of gems in there like the two Ape Escape games and ICO.

Ape Escape 2
Ape Escape: Pumped & Primed
Boku no Natsu Yasumi 2
DJbox
Deka Voice
Dokodemo Issho: Toro to Ippai
Dokodemo Issho: Toro to Nagare Boshi
Futari no FantaVision
Gacharoku
Gacharoku 2: Kondo wa Sekai Ichishuu yo!!
Hot Shots Golf 3 / Parappa the Rapper 2 (Demo Disk)
Hungry Ghosts
ICO
Kinetica
Koufuku Sousakan
Kuma Uta
LifeLine
Mad Maestro
Otostaz
Parappa The Rapper 2
Phase Paradox
Popolocrois: Tsuki no Okite no Bouken
Rise to Honor
Saru EyeToy
Seigi no Mikata
The King and I
Train Simulator Real: The Keihin Kyuukou (Express)
Train Simulator Real: The Yamanote Line
Vib Ripple

Edit: took out the hardware listing and some of these games like Hungry Ghosts are upcoming.

naruto_sensei
09-21-2004, 09:26 PM
actually there is only one game by nintendo being developed one the cube and that's zelda
DK is made by namco

Magnus
09-21-2004, 09:27 PM
As for Paper Mario and Fire Emblem, the developer is Intelligent Systems.

And Intelligent Systems is an inhouse developer, established before EAD. Read about the history of Intelligent Systems if you don't want to believe me.

DeathStroke
09-21-2004, 09:27 PM
actually there is only one game by nintendo being developed one the cube and that's zelda
DK is made by namco

Nah, that's Donkey Konga. Jungle Beat is a different game.

DeathStroke
09-21-2004, 09:28 PM
And Intelligent Systems is an inhouse developer, established before EAD. Read about the history of Intelligent Systems if you don't want to believe me.

If its name isn't Nintendo, it doesn't count.

Magnus
09-21-2004, 09:29 PM
DK is made by namco

Donkey Konga is made by Namco. Donkey Kong Jungle Beat is made by Nintendo, which is the title I listed.

Magnus
09-21-2004, 09:34 PM
If its name isn't Nintendo, it doesn't count.

I just retreaded the thread and yep, you mentioned Sony inhouse developers like Polyphony can't count, so you can disregard Fire Emblem and Paper Mario.

Excuse me for being half asleep when I read the thread and not having everything sink in properly.

naruto_sensei
09-21-2004, 09:41 PM
Donkey Konga is made by Namco. Donkey Kong Jungle Beat is made by Nintendo, which is the title I listed.
damn it is... I was sure I checked and it said that it was made by namco
oh well

Joe Redifer
09-22-2004, 02:19 AM
What is the difference between Donkey Kong Jungle Beat and Donkey Konga? Is there a difference? Don't both games require you to bang on the bongos like a chimpanzee (Dire Straights reference) and clap like a fool? If there is a difference then Nintendo is handling the marketing wrong. Both games should not come out so close together.

Mainstreme Fan
09-22-2004, 03:07 AM
JB is a 2D platformer.

Paper exe
09-22-2004, 06:33 AM
:lol:
nintendo have mario sunshine and Mario Kart: Double Dash!!and Animal Crossing(my favorite game) and Pikmin and pikmin 2 and The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures and The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker and Wario Ware Inc. Mega Party Game$
don't forgot that I only count the games that released for gamecube and all of them are innovative,some of them are sequle of a game that nintendo invent,and some of them are new innovative games like Wario Ware and pikmin and Animal Crossing

PS:for the pepole that say animal crossing is a rip off I have proof that they are wrong animal crossing have
1-Utilizes GameCube's real-time clock that parallels the real 24/7 world
2-Make friends in the forest, help them run chores, and write them letters
3-Wear numerous outfits
4-Transfer your character to your friends' Animal Crossing and explore their towns
5-Up to four players -- friends, family, or both -- can exist in the world you create
6-Play classic NES games :cool guy:

Paper exe
09-22-2004, 06:39 AM
sony made 7 games

Icarus4578
09-22-2004, 09:29 AM
Don't forget those Metroid games on GBA and Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga. Not only has Nintendo developed some great titles (and continues to do so) but their history wipes the floor with Sony's ass. Sony could never hope to be as good as Nintendo.

Escaflowne2001
09-22-2004, 11:37 AM
t their history wipes the floor with Sony's ass. Sony could never hope to be as good as Nintendo.

History means crap, look at the great companies that have come and gone over the years. It's all about at the moment...

Icarus4578
09-22-2004, 11:44 AM
Yeah, and at this moment Nintendo is still a much better game company than Sony.

Black Sugar
09-22-2004, 01:08 PM
So did Sega, but then they die.
Seriously, at this rate if Nintendo keep going that way, they can have the best history ever, they'll collaspe eventually.

Just let see how how people will respond to the Nintendo DS.

Escaflowne2001
09-22-2004, 05:05 PM
Yeah, and at this moment Nintendo is still a much better game company than Sony.

shrugs, in some people's opinion maybe.

gearhound
09-22-2004, 06:05 PM
i can't believe this thread has 60 pages...

Vert1
09-22-2004, 06:09 PM
This thread will never die.

Icarus4578
09-22-2004, 06:31 PM
It's a reflection of people's disdain (and defense) for Sony. As strongly as some may despise Sony, so too are there those who strongly favor them. Everybody had no problem with throwing negative posts here, there and everywhere in the Nintendo thread so I'm just returning the favor. And unlike most every one of those N-bashing posts, this one has substance (read: facts) backing up the claims. Sony may happen to have some great third-party titles on their console, but Sony themselves are going to ruin this industry to the core someday. Yeah, yeah, that's just more of my opinion but so what? I believe it's already true. Sony wants to transform gaming into some strange form of multimedia entertainment. They've really done nothing of benefit for the industry as a whole and the third-party community is just going to keep shrinking as time goes by.

Just because you sell 40 million consoles doesn't mean there's more room for everybody, especially with the media reducing everything that's not Halo, MGS, FF, or GT related into small sections. Case in point: Gradius V. What a kickass game. What sort of coverage does it get? A half a page. :cool guy: Good job. The best shooter of this generation thus far gets treated like second-rate sh*t, not to mention the sequel to one of the most illustrious series in gaming. I constantly see wave upon wave of new Halo 2 shots, DMC3 and whatnot. So I guess the magazines are hard-pressed for coverage space these days for games like GV, yet they just can't seem to run out of pages of filler crap like advertisements (it's paying most of their bills, after all), preview sections which always spotlight whatever is the most hyped software at the moment (remember how Metal Slug 3 got one small picture and a tiny paragraph in that issue of EGM?), and other worthless crap. Ok guys, I've now seen enough shots of MGS3 to fill an issue of National Geographic. I get it. It's coming. Thank you for reminding me every fu*king month. And yet... and yet, Gradius V only gets a half-page, a game with more playability than over 95% of the garbage that's been released this year. Good work you worthless fu*k-ups. And I thought that your job was supposed to be to illustrate all of the upcoming software. Jeez, maybe if it's a new Barbie game then I can understand the lack of coverage, but not GRADIUS. :thumbdn:

This is the result of the hype machine which was fostered and cared for mostly by Sony, and if you don't believe me then carefully observe for yourself the [dangerous] transition which the gaming media has undergone within the last 5 years, and notice something else--it's almost always Sony in the spotlight.

Reality
09-22-2004, 06:32 PM
60 pages and 2 stars. How you like dem' Apples?!

Icarus4578
09-22-2004, 06:33 PM
Obviously it's gonna have a low star count, but what does it matter when the subject matter has this much impact?

Decado
09-22-2004, 06:54 PM
Impact? It's just the same few people flaming away :rolleyes:

Icarus4578
09-22-2004, 06:56 PM
Who Posted?
Total Posts: 901
User Name Posts
Icarus4578 130
Vert1 113
Makaveli_786 93
naruto_sensei 48
gearhound 47
Joe Redifer 37
Decado 30
j_factor 29
Drunken Savior 28
DarknessTearv2 22
BlindMaphisto 20
Takou 20
Escaflowne2001 16
DeathStroke 15
Dreamkin 14
Dr. Bombay 14
Alistein 12
folken001 11
Robo Halloween 11
Stevz 10
Omnislash005 9
TheHardware 8
PaperEXE 8
MajorHavoc 8
Messanic 7
gabriel 7
THE ICHI 7
Magnus 6
dik69 6
laicher21 6
Freeman 6
Mainstreme Fan 6
Black Sugar 5
hgblob 5
Sinful Sam 5
MoMo 4
KingRanger 4
Kwestone 4
Reality 4
bemanisuperstar 4
Xenogears 4
dethforce 4
PS2warrior 3
Renegade X 3
SNKLover 3
ombra 3
Black Jesus 3
Nindalf 3
3nigma 3
Mors 3
IoriYagami n8 2
littlepest429 2
clipz _//* 2
qing256 2
time&space 2
[M]egaman Ver.6 2
Axe Wielding Nut 2
Vicviper 2
feiticeira 1
bunneh ninja 1
Nem 1
Aeggie 1
Vyse 1
The Steved! 1
dog$ 1
Cigs 1
Mistatee 1
blueskied 1
LArcturus 1
zemzelett 1
Vegetto 1
H8TrId 1

I created this thread about two months ago and it already has more posts than any other thread in existence on these forums. So yeah, you could call it "impact" and still be accurate.

Decado
09-22-2004, 06:57 PM
This is the result of the hype machine which was fostered and cared for mostly by Sony, and if you don't believe me then carefully observe for yourself the [dangerous] transition which the gaming media has undergone within the last 5 years, and notice something else--it's almost always Sony in the spotlight. Rubbish. With or without Sony, the end result would have been the same.

Funny how most of these niche games tend to be released on a Sony platform, though, eh? You know, with Sony practically single handed destruction of everything wonderful in gaming? :rolleyes:

Decado
09-22-2004, 07:02 PM
I created this thread about two months ago and it already has more posts than any other thread in existence on these forums. So yeah, you could call it "impact" and still be accurate. Why? What has this thread achieve beyond taking up a bunch of space and occupying some people's time? Has anyone's mind been changed? No. Has their been any great revelations here? Hell no, you've been preaching this same stuff since I entered this forum. It's just the same old same old.

Real impact requires more than a bunch of flame-bait sprinkled with arguments.

Icarus4578
09-22-2004, 07:04 PM
Not so. The gaming industry took on a dramatic change once Sony entered the foray. Now they've got their hearts set on multimedia, and the PSP is proof of that.

Icarus4578
09-22-2004, 07:05 PM
Well if that's true then it still doesn't matter because people do so anyway.

naruto_sensei
09-22-2004, 07:24 PM
I don't blame the magazines for having so much coverage on the hyped titles after all they're just there to make money, so when people see on the cover "10 pages of halo 2 screens" or something like that of course they're going to buy it...
actually in my neighbourhood not a lot of people have PS2, some have gamecube, and most have XBOX, I personnaly find microsoft entering the console bussiness much worse than sony.
hell I think they have a good chance of winning next generation, even if it has the same number of exclusives as it does now, just as long their console has the best graphics and hype surrounding it they will most likely win :(

Joe Redifer
09-22-2004, 08:19 PM
How do you count how many times each person posted? Did you do that... by hand?

dik69
09-22-2004, 10:25 PM
No he probably clicked the number in the "Replies" column. It lists everyone who has posted in the thread and how many times.

Maverick
09-22-2004, 11:05 PM
Anyone who claims the PlayStation 2 is the worst console ever made obviously doesn't know what he or she is talking about. I can think of a handful of consoles that are far worse then the PlayStation 2 and I'm not just talking about graphically either.

Mr Mort
09-23-2004, 01:35 AM
Anyone who claims the PlayStation 2 is the worst console ever made obviously doesn't know what he or she is talking about. I can think of a handful of consoles that are far worse then the PlayStation 2 and I'm not just talking about graphically either.

So name some then...

j_factor
09-23-2004, 03:29 AM
I'll do it for him.

Jaguar CD
CD-i
Halcyon
LaserActive
Supergrafx
Microvision
64DD

These are pretty much indesputably worse than PS2. I can think of a handful of others that I'd consider definitely / without a doubt worse than PS2 that someone could stretch into making out to be better.

Icarus4578
09-23-2004, 09:55 AM
When I said that the PS2 is one of the worst consoles ever made I was speaking mostly from the technical aspect of the console itself. Put simply, it breaks for no reason. Even my Atari 2600 still works, yet I pay $250 for this newer console only to have it break after a year? What does that say about technology? That people will do anything for an extra buck. Nuh-uh, not mine buddy.

As I said before, if this PS2 (my fourth) breaks down on me, Sony is never going to see another cent from out of my pockets. Maybe one person doesn't have any real harm on them financially, but if you piss off a lot of people....

Black Jesus
09-23-2004, 11:09 AM
As I said before, if this PS2 (my fourth) breaks down on me,

damn, 4....do you have dogs that use these as chew toys? lol, j/p

seriously though, sounds like you have been having bad luck, i have 2 PS2's that i got way back during its first year and they both have never givin me a problem...i play the **** out of them too. Hell, even though we have a DVD player my brother insist on playing DVD's on them, and that doesnt seem to hurt my system either...i did replace my first PSX in like a year, but the next one i got still runs to this day...or i bet it would if i pulled it out of the box... its been there for ages, lol...

my question is, why the hell would you by 4 let alone 3 if your first two broke down?

Icarus4578
09-23-2004, 11:10 AM
As this thread has run way past its course (I never anticipated so many responses) I think it's time for it to be locked and die.

Icarus4578
09-23-2004, 11:12 AM
I bought the first one and it worked just fine, but after about 10 months certain games wouldn't load up, especially PSone titles. After only two more months it finally stopped reading most anything I'd put into it.

My second one was a refurbished one. It worked fine for awhile, but then after about 9 months the same crap started happening, so I had to return it (I bought a two-year warranty with my initial PS2 purchase for an extra $20).

My third PS2 was also refurbished. It lasted about the same amount of time. Thing is, it scratched the living hell out of my Super Castlevania IV soundtrack, so I was livid.

I finally bought my fourth PS2 and still have it to this day.

Joe Redifer
09-23-2004, 09:54 PM
You don't/didn't keep the thing vertical, do you?

gearhound
09-24-2004, 09:42 PM
It's a reflection of people's disdain (and defense) for Sony. As strongly as some may despise Sony, so too are there those who strongly favor them. Everybody had no problem with throwing negative posts here, there and everywhere in the Nintendo thread so I'm just returning the favor. And unlike most every one of those N-bashing posts, this one has substance (read: facts) backing up the claims. Sony may happen to have some great third-party titles on their console, but Sony themselves are going to ruin this industry to the core someday. Yeah, yeah, that's just more of my opinion but so what? I believe it's already true. Sony wants to transform gaming into some strange form of multimedia entertainment. They've really done nothing of benefit for the industry as a whole and the third-party community is just going to keep shrinking as time goes by.

Just because you sell 40 million consoles doesn't mean there's more room for everybody, especially with the media reducing everything that's not Halo, MGS, FF, or GT related into small sections. Case in point: Gradius V. What a kickass game. What sort of coverage does it get? A half a page. :cool guy: Good job. The best shooter of this generation thus far gets treated like second-rate sh*t, not to mention the sequel to one of the most illustrious series in gaming. I constantly see wave upon wave of new Halo 2 shots, DMC3 and whatnot. So I guess the magazines are hard-pressed for coverage space these days for games like GV, yet they just can't seem to run out of pages of filler crap like advertisements (it's paying most of their bills, after all), preview sections which always spotlight whatever is the most hyped software at the moment (remember how Metal Slug 3 got one small picture and a tiny paragraph in that issue of EGM?), and other worthless crap. Ok guys, I've now seen enough shots of MGS3 to fill an issue of National Geographic. I get it. It's coming. Thank you for reminding me every fu*king month. And yet... and yet, Gradius V only gets a half-page, a game with more playability than over 95% of the garbage that's been released this year. Good work you worthless fu*k-ups. And I thought that your job was supposed to be to illustrate all of the upcoming software. Jeez, maybe if it's a new Barbie game then I can understand the lack of coverage, but not GRADIUS. :thumbdn:

This is the result of the hype machine which was fostered and cared for mostly by Sony, and if you don't believe me then carefully observe for yourself the [dangerous] transition which the gaming media has undergone within the last 5 years, and notice something else--it's almost always Sony in the spotlight.

i completely agree with that ****.

As this thread has run way past its course (I never anticipated so many responses) I think it's time for it to be locked and die.

icarus, no... what are you saying?? lol

I'll do it for him.

Jaguar CD
CD-i
Halcyon
LaserActive
Supergrafx
Microvision
64DD

you forgot the 3D0... :crazy: :crazy:

Icarus4578
09-25-2004, 03:06 AM
Joe Redifer ~ "You don't/didn't keep the thing vertical, do you?"

Never. I'm not stupid, y'know. :cool: Maybe if I'm looking to scratch the hell out of my discs then I'll put it on its side, but until that day never comes....

gearhound ~ "icarus, no... what are you saying?? lol"

I dunno. I was pretty damn tired when I wrote that. :o

Nevertheless, I don't know where else to tread on the same subject, what ground which I haven't already covered exhaustively. At least there are some great-looking new PS2 games coming. BTW, even though SCEI released Alundra in Japan, they certainly didn't make it. Sony is incapable of crafting such a higher form of gaming. That said, Alundra can stand with the best in the action/adventure genre (read: Zelda), and this is no small accomplishment. :thumb-up:

KingRanger
09-25-2004, 03:27 AM
When I said that the PS2 is one of the worst consoles ever made I was speaking mostly from the technical aspect of the console itself. Put simply, it breaks for no reason. Even my Atari 2600 still works, yet I pay $250 for this newer console only to have it break after a year? What does that say about technology? That people will do anything for an extra buck. Nuh-uh, not mine buddy.

As I said before, if this PS2 (my fourth) breaks down on me, Sony is never going to see another cent from out of my pockets. Maybe one person doesn't have any real harm on them financially, but if you piss off a lot of people....

DO you get tired of spewing bull**** or is it a full time job of you. I still have my FIRST ps2 STILL use it all the time. It still works great. But you have morons which I am sure you are one of them , who don't take care of their ****. Blame yourself for your stuff breaking.

Icarus4578
09-25-2004, 03:30 AM
I take care of every system I've ever owned, hence why they all work, barring just one exception ~ The PS2. Whose fault is it that it just decides to stop reading discs and then scratch them, mine? I think not. And since you're saying that I'm a whiner, so must the millions of others who've had to go through the same sh*t. The blame falls on one entity alone and that is Sony.

naruto_sensei
09-25-2004, 03:32 AM
millions? :lol:

Icarus4578
09-25-2004, 03:47 AM
Yeah, millions. That's the only excusable reason why they've 'sold' so many consoles. It's definitely not predicated on the software, that's for certain, because if it were then the software sales would reflect this. So that's the only excuse.

Black Jesus
09-25-2004, 05:06 AM
I take care of every system I've ever owned, hence why they all work, barring just one exception ~ The PS2. Whose fault is it that it just decides to stop reading discs and then scratch them, mine? I think not. And since you're saying that I'm a whiner, so must the millions of others who've had to go through the same sh*t. The blame falls on one entity alone and that is Sony.

...and just like you, the rest of those millions will go and prolly buy another PS2...well...not 4 times like u did though....mabey twice....because they realize the system isnt that bad after all...

but why do you buy a system that 'sucks' sooooo much over and over again? in your first post you say "...how they intentionally build their consoles to break easily so that people have to replace them and Sony can boost their installed user-base figures?", if this was the case, why did you even buy your second one?...just a question for Icarus and the millions of unlucky people that have thier PS2's mysteriously break on them.....

Icarus4578
09-25-2004, 05:24 AM
You must not have read, because if you did then you'd know that I've only bought two PS2s. Note that I didn't have to pay for the two refurbished ones, and if your console broke on you, wouldn't you replace it as well, especially when you have the opportunity to do so for free?

And I stand by all of my comments. I don't need to defend my rationale just to appease people like you.

Black Jesus
09-25-2004, 07:37 AM
and if your console broke on you, wouldn't you replace it as well...

no...not if "They intentionally build their consoles to break easily so that people have to replace them and Sony can boost their installed user-base figures"

defeats the purpose of me getting another one in the first place, refurbished or not, if it was just gonna break....

Icarus4578
09-26-2004, 11:26 AM
So what are you getting at? That I should've just thrown away all of the games I paid my money for when I could've gone in and had it replaced? I didn't even know that I was getting a refurished system until after the second one broke down.

Escaflowne2001
09-26-2004, 02:27 PM
You think that's bad my first PS2 broke down on the second day and I had to get it replaced likely it was for free that time.

Vert1
09-26-2004, 05:03 PM
That must be some kindof world record Esca...

Escaflowne2001
09-26-2004, 06:09 PM
Yeah everything worked fine for the first day then I was playing away on day two and all of a sudden the power cut never got it to work again.

Messanic
09-26-2004, 06:14 PM
Thats stupid crazy...

Entertainer
09-26-2004, 10:43 PM
my ps2 has yet to break, although it is getting louder with each use..., I thought that the psone was much less reliable, i had to buy 3 of those suckers...damn my addiction to rpg's

HueSuch
09-26-2004, 10:49 PM
PS2 is more powerful than the Xbox in certian areas and the Xbox is more powerful than the PS2 in certian areas. This is a simple fact!!!

If you do not beleive this you will be given proof when GT4 and Forza are released.
It has already been proven that at this time in developement GT4 looks better than Forza and GT4 runs at 60fps where Forza only runs at 30. Xbox was not designed to do high multipass rendering like the PS2 was.

Also note that MGS3 will have DD5.1 in-game and every frame will be in real-time.

Also keep in mind that Rumble Roses already blows DOAXBV completely away.
Each character model in Rumble Roses is composed of roughly 1000 more polygons than a character model in DOA3 and even more than those used in DOAXBV. This doesn't include the items being used inside the ring, physics for the ring ropes and floor, and 3D spectators. Also, you can see that the limbs are fully joined unlike DOA's characters. Rumble Roses is also utilizing a full contact collision detection engine.

God of War will be more technically impressive than Ninja Gaiden.

Black for PS2 and Xbox will be more technically impressive than any FPS on any console.

Burnout 3 for PS2 looks exactly like the Xbox version and also has 480p contrary to polular belief.

Ghost Hunter is a 1&1/2 year old game and not only uses fur rendering technology it has better lighting than Pandora Tomorrow. The game is capable of producing many, many, multicolored moving lights and the environment reacts to them.

And here is a "did you know" tip of the day...

*Tobal #2 for the PS1 had better graphics than any fighting game of that era*

Entertainer
09-26-2004, 10:56 PM
umm, the PS2 is the weakest graphically out of all 3 systems, when games are multiplatform, they always look the worst on the PS2. they have slower framerates, there are alot of jaggies, and the textures are blurry. The x-box is by far the most powerfull seeing as how it can pull of the beautiful doom 3, and the gamecube's new zelda title and resident evil 4 look better than anything on the PS2

Vert1
09-26-2004, 11:07 PM
What specific areas is the PS2 more powerful than XBOX?

Joe Redifer
09-26-2004, 11:59 PM
Hi Makeveli. Welcome back. I hope you enjoy your new "HueSuch" name! Anyway let's go over your post point by point.

PS2 is more powerful than the Xbox in certian areas and the Xbox is more powerful than the PS2 in certian areas. This is a simple fact!!!
Sure. There probably are things that the PS2 can do better than the Xbox or Gamecube. But graphics is not one of them.

If you do not beleive this you will be given proof when GT4 and Forza are released.
It has already been proven that at this time in developement GT4 looks better than Forza and GT4 runs at 60fps where Forza only runs at 30. Xbox was not designed to do high multipass rendering like the PS2 was.
OK. I am not looking forward to Forza at all, but OK. But it has been proven that Rallisport Challenge 2 on the Xbox runs at a constant 60 frames per second in 16:9 and 480p.

Also note that MGS3 will have DD5.1 in-game and every frame will be in real-time.
I highly doubt this, but I will call your bluff and wait until the game comes out. So far ZERO PS2 games have in-game Dolby Digital of any kind, and only a few games support multichannel DTS, and even then it is only 4.0 (no center, no subwoofer).

Each character model in Rumble Roses is composed of roughly 1000 more polygons than a character model in DOA3 and even more than those used in DOAXBV. This doesn't include the items being used inside the ring, physics for the ring ropes and floor, and 3D spectators. Also, you can see that the limbs are fully joined unlike DOA's characters. Rumble Roses is also utilizing a full contact collision detection engine.
That's nice. A friend of mine went to the E3 and brought back some great footage from that game. It looks alright. Does it look better than DoA? I'd say it looks like a rip-off of DoA more than anything as far as the graphics are concerned.

God of War will be more technically impressive than Ninja Gaiden.
And this is based on unbiased accurate information from where?

Black for PS2 and Xbox will be more technically impressive than any FPS on any console.
That's nice.

Burnout 3 for PS2 looks exactly like the Xbox version and also has 480p contrary to polular belief.
Popular belief is that Burnout 3 on the PS2 is in both 16:9 AND 480p, just like Mr. Xbox version. I have heard of nobody saying that the PS2 version isn't in 480p. At least I don't have to listen to the whiny music that EA provides when I play the Xbox version, though.

Ghost Hunter is a 1&1/2 year old game and not only uses fur rendering technology it has better lighting than Pandora Tomorrow. The game is capable of producing many, many, multicolored moving lights and the environment reacts to them.
I thought Ghost Hunter came out very recently, being that it was on display at the E3 and all.

And here is a "did you know" tip of the day...

*Tobal #2 for the PS1 had better graphics than any fighting game of that era*
#1 - What does that have to do with the PS2?
#2 - Who cares?

Messanic
09-27-2004, 12:27 AM
I can say that yes, Tobal #2 is one of the most graphically impressive 3d fighters on the ps1, but again who the **** cares, it didn't even come out in the U.S. Rumble Roses is actually one of the most graphically impressive games on the ps2 along with GT4 and Splinter Cell 2, which somehow beat the gcn version in graphics and the xbox in rendering water which is just odd. This ps2 bashing is just really sad, not haveing good third party games or not as many good games in all categorys is actually worse than not having a superior port or better graphics and sound especially when the games look and sound good anyway. We all loved the nes even when the genesis was sporting better graphics and sound than it back in the day, plus the nes hardware was damned glitchy. The ps2 reminds me so much of the nes in that aspect too, the alcohol and q-tips, constantly blowing dust out of your console and carts, putting games in your nes in different ways just to get it to work. But my favorite, getting a brand new game only to find out that it wont work until you've tried it multiple times and the sligtest vibration in the room messes up the game, and your too dizzy from so much air loss to be pissed off, good times.

BashingU
09-27-2004, 12:54 AM
I have an import version of Tobal 2, I love that game...I still play it from time to time...It so many cool features and the characters where cool as ice...I love the boxer, but I mainly played with Gren. I had to print out the move lists from an online source at the time, but I honestly enjoy that game till this day...

Reality
09-27-2004, 01:25 AM
Hi Makeveli. Welcome back. I hope you enjoy your new "HueSuch" name!

Whoa is it him? Hey if it is the DS was announced for $150! Just so you know. :lol:

Escaflowne2001
09-27-2004, 04:43 AM
I thought Ghost Hunter came out very recently, being that it was on display at the E3 and all.

In America it's new, but it was original made by Sony Cambridge and released in EU quite a while ago last year.

Honestly I think the best FMV/CGI I've seen has got to be on the PS2 Onimiusha 3 has the best I've seen so far but Capcom aways puts alot of effort into that.

Paper exe
09-27-2004, 05:44 AM
You think that's bad my first PS2 broke down on the second day and I had to get it replaced likely it was for free that time.
:lol:
me too

Icarus4578
09-27-2004, 09:30 AM
Messanic ~ "Splinter Cell 2, which somehow beat the gcn version in graphics and the xbox in rendering water which is just odd."

Odd, but probably intentional on the part of the developer. They either know the PS2 hardware much more than the others, or, they're in Sony's camp and are intentionally making that version superior.

Either way, it doesn't matter. I say, let the PS2 have a day or two in the sun.

Ghost Hunter didn't impress me at all. In every cutscene they need to do extreme close-ups of the characters' faces as if it's something amazing (it's not).

Tobal #2? Who cares? Evidently not Squaresoft because if they did they would've brought it over here.

littlepest429
09-27-2004, 09:35 AM
Splinter Cell 2, which somehow beat the gcn version in graphics and the xbox in rendering water which is just odd.

Eh, it's not that odd that it beat the GCN version. They always just port the PS2 version over to the gamecube, without really trying much.

Joe Redifer
09-27-2004, 11:02 AM
From my understanding, multiplatform games are made on the PS2 and then ported to the Xbox and Gamecube Nintendo. Anyway this would enable the PS2 version to have acceptable performance since porting from the other platforms to the PS2 would cause lots of problems without intensive recoding. I'm sure that there are some games that are exceptions.

Icarus4578
09-27-2004, 11:13 AM
Yeah, like Soul Calibur II, in which case Namco was working on each version independently.

THE ICHI
09-27-2004, 12:21 PM
Quote:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's the funnest thing I heard so far :haha: :lol: This guy HueSuch is my new BAKA MASTER!! :donno: This guy is on that CRACK :lol:

Icarus4578
09-27-2004, 12:25 PM
The character renderings in RR do indeed look like they consist of plenty of polygons, and the game may well turn out to have better graphics than DoAXBV, but I dunno. I can safely assume that DoAU will easily eclipse RR as far as visual slendor is concerned.

THE ICHI
09-27-2004, 12:52 PM
The character renderings in RR do indeed look like they consist of plenty of polygons, and the game may well turn out to have better graphics than DoAXBV, but I dunno. I can safely assume that DoAU will easily eclipse RR as far as visual slendor is concerned.

Your not counting the over all of the game in RR. All the polygons for the character but the backgrounds will suck. In DOA you have the best polygons count in backgrounds and characters :kill: take that RR

Nobody right now can beat TEAM NINJA in backgrounds :spinface:

KingRanger
09-27-2004, 09:59 PM
Yeah, millions. That's the only excusable reason why they've 'sold' so many consoles. It's definitely not predicated on the software, that's for certain, because if it were then the software sales would reflect this. So that's the only excuse.

So you are also so full of **** is oozes out of your eye balls :clap: that is an amazing feat.

KingRanger
09-27-2004, 10:00 PM
You must not have read, because if you did then you'd know that I've only bought two PS2s. Note that I didn't have to pay for the two refurbished ones, and if your console broke on you, wouldn't you replace it as well, especially when you have the opportunity to do so for free?

And I stand by all of my comments. I don't need to defend my rationale just to appease people like you.

No you are just a full of **** nintendo fanboy who lies so much about a system he doesn't like that he soon loses track of all the bull**** he spews.

Joe Redifer
09-27-2004, 10:24 PM
You are saying that Icarus is lying about having PS2s that break down on him?

Vicviper
09-28-2004, 12:16 AM
Icarus a Nintendo fanboy? WTF are you thinking? He just reviewed and gave Gradius V an 8 out of 10! And this is a PS2 exclusive game. duh!

Icarus4578
09-28-2004, 09:25 AM
Mario Golf ~ Toadstool Tour - Rating 2
Animal Crossing - Rating 0
Metroid Prime - Rating 7

If I like a game, it gets a high score. If I think it has faults, I reflect this in my score. If I think it's average or it sucks, it gets a low score. Period. It doesn't matter if it's a Nintendo game (Yoshi's Island - Rating 10) or a PlayStation title (Alundra - Rating 10); I rate games based on the quality of the product, not based on which console it exists on nor by who made it. But you're just ignorant KingRanger. I guess that since Zelda ~ Wind Waker and Devil May Cry both got the same Rating (8) that I must be a Nintendo fanboy. :rolleyes: I've said I favor Nintendo as a game company over Sony because of the amount of quality titles they've produced, but I haven't sold my soul to them--when they ***** up I point it out. If Revolution is a crappy idea I'll point it out. However, unlike you and the mass of game magazines, I'm still not incompetent enough to give Sony twice as much coverage as the others--that's fanboyism at its most blatantly obvious.

Sorry if the truth hurts. My PS2 broke on me three times and nothing you come in here and say is gonna change that irrefutable fact. I have every right to be dissatisfied with Sony. At least, unlike you Sony fanboys, I have a legitimate reason not to think so highly of the Big S. :sing:

Reivenlocke
09-29-2004, 09:41 PM
My only problem with Sony hardware is that if you're one of the first people on the block to get one, you are getting a glorified beta. Both with my PS1 and 2, when I buy one, the laser went kaput inside of 6 months. If you went the whole time between '95 and '01 without having to buy a new PS1, then you simply weren't using it. The PS2 was no different, and the DVD player is good for nothing. In fact, some video store chains prohibit their DVDs from being played on them. The construction on them is a lot better now, but unless you are a tech head, buying a first run Sony products is an exercise in monetary waste.

Icarus4578
09-30-2004, 09:23 AM
Thanks for the post Reivenlocke. However, even if that is the case, Sony is still producing consoles which break on people easily. I had the same problem with my PSone, with the laser that wouldn't read things. There are a lot of people who are overprotective of Sony, and some of them have experienced many of the same problems (much of whom would deny that they've ever had any problem with their console, because to admit it would be to assist in the argument against them).

jeremy_aerts
09-30-2004, 01:33 PM
Hmm, that's wierd....i know roughly about 10 ppl with ps2's and none of there playstation's have broken...and i've owned mine for close to 3 years and mine has never failed me yet.
:-/

Drunken Savior
09-30-2004, 03:34 PM
...Sony is still producing consoles which break on people easily.

While it is obvious that the early PS2 were DRE suseptable, I don't think you can prove without a shadow of doubt that Sony STILL produces consoles which break on people easily. We can assume, but that's far from a fact.

Icarus4578
09-30-2004, 06:23 PM
Maybe. But then again, there's no need to anymore because they've already made most of their sales for the console. They'll just try and sell the new model to make money before the PSP and PS3 are released.

As it turns out, I found a TON of people complaining about PS2s breaking down on Google. Some of the things I typed were: "PS2 broke," "PS2 stopped working," "PS2 stopped reading," "PS2 just broke," "PS2 just stopped working," PS2 just stopped reading," "PS2 won't work," PS2 won't read," PS2 will not work," "PS2 will not read," etc. etc. etc. (I also changed PS2 to PlayStation 2.) And, needless to say, when I typed in PS2 broke or PS2 broken or "whatever" without placing it in quotes I got back a helluva lot more results--I'm talking in the hundreds of thousands. That's insane! Of course, many if not most of the people whose PS2s have broken down on them haven't said anything online about it--those incidents are restricted to their privacy. And I'm not saying that nobody has experienced a broken down GC or X-Box. However, I'm willing to bet that the incidents of PS2s breaking down far outnumbers that of the other consoles.

In the end, it doesn't change the fact that this is something which is actually happening. There may be little point to discussing it further as it has been rather exhausted. But just as long as people are aware, that's what's important.

Drunken Savior
09-30-2004, 08:54 PM
Interesting search. I did a some of my own and this is how many responces I got on google:

Broken PS2 - 386, 000
Broken GC - 605, 000
Broken XBox - 412, 000
(Broken X-Box returned 406, 000)

Icarus4578
10-01-2004, 09:59 AM
The only problem with your search is that with "Broken GC" it's mostly not even about broken GCs. You should've looked at the actual results which came up--most of them have nothing to do with a broken GC. The Xbox search did show tons of results, however. I don't doubt that, seeing as even mine is going through some hard times, and I bought mine this year! (My borther bought one when it originally lauched and he's on his second one.)

Escaflowne2001
10-01-2004, 10:28 AM
. I don't doubt that, seeing as even mine is going through some hard times, and I bought mine this year! (My borther bought one when it originally lauched and he's on his second one.)

Yet I brought mine on day one have used it everyday and not had a single problem thus far. Guess it just goes to show all consoles have there problems and that it's a matter of bad batches and not the whole lot together.

Icarus4578
10-01-2004, 10:37 AM
In Sony's case, however, it's a different story altogether. I couldn't believe their excuse for it either ~ "Game consoles only last a few years anyway."

:irked:

Escaflowne2001
10-01-2004, 10:48 AM
In Sony's case, however, it's a different story altogether. I couldn't believe their excuse for it either ~ "Game consoles only last a few years anyway."

Somehow I knew you thought it'll be different just because it's "sony" but infact there right consoles do only last a little while my personal experience in recent years.

N64= Broken
Saturn= Sold before it had a chance to break.
Dreamcast: Broken x2
PsOne: Broken x3
PS2: Broken x4
Gamecube= Fine but not used much
XBox= Fine thus far.

Icarus4578
10-01-2004, 10:57 AM
Let me put it this way: I haven't heard even 5% as many complaints about another console breaking as much as the PS2 does (with the exception of the X-Box). It's still a frequent occurrence. I know this sounds stupid but ever since my third PS2 broke I've been watching this problem closely as it happens around the internet and elsewhere.

Escaflowne2001
10-01-2004, 11:03 AM
I know this sounds stupid but ever since my third PS2 broke I've been watching this problem closely as it happens around the internet and elsewhere.

Maybe your concentrating on the PS2 too much? I don't know be honest even though me and my sister have been through 4 ourselves I'm still happy enough to carry on playing the PS2 surely that's the most important thing in the end I resorted to just buying SH PS2's.

Icarus4578
10-01-2004, 11:17 AM
Sorry, but I'm the kind of person who's dignity and self-respect just wouldn't allow me to 'let it go'. I can only hope that other people who've been through a similar experience learn something of importance and don't make the same mistakes that I did.

Entertainer
10-03-2004, 11:15 PM
my brother stole his PS2 from wal-mart, and it hasn't broken once, but m girlfriend PS2 broke on the 2nd day she got it, i guess it's luck of the draw. good news is that my cube still works perfectly

Vert1
10-03-2004, 11:20 PM
This reminds me of people doing the PS2 swap trick(1.buy new ps2 2.put broken ps2 into the newly bought PS2 box 3.return the PS2 to store for all your money back).

Icarus4578
10-04-2004, 10:42 AM
Vert1, that trick wouldn't work. Know why? Because when you bring it in the first thing they do is take the PS2 out of the box and read the ID number of the unit on the back.

Entertainer
10-04-2004, 01:12 PM
yea, but the common idiot workers at walmart aren't that smart especially when you go 10 minutes before closing time, they just want you out of the store.

Joe Redifer
10-04-2004, 05:42 PM
They don't need to take the system out of the box, they can just scan it through the hole in the box.

IoriYagami n8
10-04-2004, 07:00 PM
Yeah, unless you switch the cases or something you wouldn't get far. However, if you bought the product at Wal-mart and saved everything you could probably be a bit better off. My friend use to return GBAs each time his batteries ran out and got different colors.

Icarus4578
10-05-2004, 09:42 AM
Entertainer, you may be right. I don't shop a Wal-mart. They're evil.

Joe, some people probably screw up putting the console back in the box, making scanning it through the hole pretty much impossible. I know that whenever I'd return my PS2 they'd take it out of the box, scan the bar on the back and check out all the peripherals inside.

Iori, that's pretty clever of your friend. Wish I'd thought up that one. :thumb-up:

Drunken Savior
10-05-2004, 04:17 PM
Entertainer, you may be right. I don't shop a Wal-mart. They're evil.

Which capitolistic enterprise was the good one again? ;)

Icarus4578
10-06-2004, 10:26 AM
Child's World baby. :D (I think they cease to exist....)

SNKLover
10-06-2004, 04:36 PM
When I bought my PS2 from kay bee's I got the year long warrenty. Well my first PS2 took it's fair share of abuse and I brought it back for a new one. Within a few days of it ending, I helped my friend out when I slid off the UPC from my PS2 to his broken PS2 and I took it into Kay Bee, they took it hook line and sinker and I got him one too :P

Icarus4578
10-07-2004, 10:01 AM
Sony should pay people to own a PS2, plus give them whatever games they want. If they did that, they'd certainly earn some of my respect.

Stevz
10-10-2004, 09:06 AM
Sony should pay people to own a PS2, plus give them whatever games they want. If they did that, they'd certainly earn some of my respect.
Wishful thinking... But a games tester pretty much covers that :P

Icarus4578
10-10-2004, 10:02 AM
Sure, and you'd have to sit there playing each game for a ridiculous amount of time, or basically until you hated it.

Phazon Pirate
10-12-2004, 07:47 PM
While the platform it self is poorly made (hope ps3 and psp are more reliable)

The Libary is great and there are tons of AAA games for. More than Xbox and waaaaaaaay more than Cube

YO FAG!
Didn't that guy just tell you to stop Nintendo bashing.

Phazon Pirate
10-12-2004, 07:48 PM

You are the coolest person I have ever met.

Icarus4578
10-13-2004, 09:44 AM
Hey, I'm just stating the way I feel, that's all. I've gotta go with what I know. If the PSone and 2 break so easily, it will be an absurdity to witness what will happen once the PSP ships. Those things.... are going to be super-fragile.

Escaflowne2001
10-13-2004, 10:04 AM
At least it's got anti-jog like there CD players those things are impossible to make skip unless you bounce them off the floor.

Icarus4578
10-13-2004, 10:08 AM
Maybe. I don't see why people should be flinging around a portable anyway. I mean it takes a certain level of ineptitude and stupidity to think that it's ok to handle an expensive disc-based portable like a random toy.

Metal_Dragon
10-18-2004, 07:46 PM
I 100% agree with everything you just said. Whenever I go to my neighbors and play their PS2, the screen freezes every 20 minutes. PS2 has a big selection of games but 50% of them are rated T or M. Nintendo doesn't have very many games but 99.9% of them have good graphics, are Long, are Fun, and they never freeze unless it is severly scratched.

Metal_Dragon
10-18-2004, 07:49 PM
At least it's got anti-jog like there CD players those things are impossible to make skip unless you bounce them off the floor.

The reason nintendo doesn't have that is because they want to make money on video games, not stupid CD players like PS2 and Xbox do.

littlepest429
10-18-2004, 08:56 PM
Or maybe they don't have it, because they're using gamecards, and you don't have to worry about them skipping? Naw, that doesn't make sense.

Escaflowne2001
10-19-2004, 09:07 AM
Or maybe they don't have it, because they're using gamecards, and you don't have to worry about them skipping? Naw, that doesn't make sense.

I think MD was confused as we were talking about the PSP not the PS2/XB? huh? ;)

Icarus4578
10-19-2004, 09:35 AM
From what I heard, the PSP is fragile. I cannot understand why you'd want to pay so much money for what is essentially a portable PSone. Playing an RPG on a portable with 2 hours battery life and overheating problems just spells trouble. I'd rather pay less and get more reliability.

Then again, that's just me.

time&space
10-19-2004, 10:38 AM
I'd rather wait until they announce a way for you to play the psp/ds games at home because i can't stand looking at that tiny screen...

Icarus4578
10-19-2004, 01:28 PM
PSP = http://www.shroomwizard.com/picturegallery/office.jpg

Decado
10-19-2004, 02:19 PM
From what I heard, the PSP is fragile. I cannot understand why you'd want to pay so much money for what is essentially a portable PSone. Playing an RPG on a portable with 2 hours battery life and overheating problems just spells trouble. No-one would. The fact that it is around the PS2's graphics level instead of the N64's like the DS makes it more interesting. 2 hour battery life and overheating problems? First I've heard of that. If that's the case (which it won't be, but I'll let you keep your delusions), you have nothing to worry about 'cause it will flop.

Dr. Bombay
10-19-2004, 05:14 PM
No-one would. The fact that it is around the PS2's graphics level instead of the N64's like the DS makes it more interesting. 2 hour battery life and overheating problems? First I've heard of that. If that's the case (which it won't be, but I'll let you keep your delusions), you have nothing to worry about 'cause it will flop.

::Points to various PSP threads::

You should read those. You really should.

Escaflowne2001
10-19-2004, 05:21 PM
Not much in the ways of facts in most of those threads though is there apart from the overheating problem which is now apprantly fixed.

Icarus4578
10-20-2004, 10:52 AM
Decado ~ "The fact that it is around the PS2's graphics level instead of the N64's like the DS makes it more interesting."

If you could so kindly prove that. I have yet to see anything on par graphically with PS2.

justin_credible
10-20-2004, 02:14 PM
Anyone who loves only sony consoles are tobacco chewing, gun toating,mobile home living Bush loving rednecks.

Decado
10-20-2004, 03:28 PM
If you could so kindly prove that. I have yet to see anything on par graphically with PS2. You haven't? Have you looked at any of the screens or vids? Those sure as hell aren't PSone graphics :rolleyes:

They may not be up to the best of the PS2 games, but some of those games would be considered solid looking on any current gen console.

THE ICHI
10-20-2004, 06:18 PM
I love Magic Box :love: and this thread is about to hit 1000 and PS2 is bad :P LOL :D

Vert1
10-20-2004, 06:23 PM
Don't bother with him,Icarus. We've already been over this hoopla(PS2 SC2 looking the same as the GC/XBOX version,Metroid Prime not that graphically impressive,etc.). Decado is clearly blind.

End of story.

Escaflowne2001
10-20-2004, 06:45 PM
but then again that works both ways doesn't it Vert your a Nintendo Fanboy and you and Icarus both are biased against the PS2.

Phazon Pirate
10-20-2004, 06:51 PM
At the beginning of this thread the person said, One of the wost systems ever. I think that he meant the worst system ever.