PDA

View Full Version : What kind of pet do you have? If you have one.

Vicviper
08-08-2002, 01:44 PM
I myself own a Greyhound(Luigi). Probably the best dog that I've ever owned. I used to own a Australian Shepherd but he died of old age. He was very smart but he always jumped the fence and wandered the neighborhood. The Greyhound on the other hand is a very "sticky" dog. He constantly wants to be by your side. Very loyal. He is a retired racer and had a very long and good racing career and won his previous owner a lot of money.
He is a sight hound and I love taking him for walks and watching him stare at every little movement, very attentive. If I didn't have him leashed I'm sure he would have killed atleast 2 rabbits already and possibly a couple pheasants.
So, what kind of animal do you people out there own and why did you pick it?

Seska
08-08-2002, 03:15 PM
When I was a kid I had a Fox Terrier I called Snowy. YEah, I know, might as well have called him SPOT, but I was a huge Tintin fan back then and the name seemed cool. :p

Anyway, he was incredibly smart, even won a whole lot of prizes in expositions and stuff. We got another dog after a while, which was a mix betwen a Doberman and... something else. Called her Beria, which I think was a russian name for something or other. :p Dumb as a stick, but they both were big buddies, like Abbot and Costello. Snowy was smart but small smart dog, BEria was the brawns and cobined they got up to a lot of stuff that drove my dad nuts. :D

Alucard
08-08-2002, 03:22 PM
I got myself a cat! First pet ever and I love the thing. Lord knows what breed it is. But he has a white underside and ontop is grey with dark stripes along. Really lush. He's HUGE too. Not fat. Just LARGE. Mum says his father was a tiger. She likes to amuse herself ofcourse.

Hi names Kyo. Off the character in KOF. Bout 6 years old now. And he has his own pillow. He always finds it and lays down on it. I even have pictures of him! He's my special pet.

Kid0_oIcarus
08-08-2002, 03:58 PM
I had a dog, Lady, but she was run over by a speeding hit and run driver when I was overseas several years ago... :too mad: Never even made it to the vet... :crying:

She was still just a puppy- though she was a fair sized pup- when it happened. She died in my little brother's arms.. my sister wrote a poem about her and it won some national poetry contest too.

Now I've just got a cat, Misty- she's black all over and very excitable.. she get into EVERYTHING.. it's like she's on speed or something.. :p

Mebbe, I'll take pictures and post them sometime.

xXx Beaver xXx
08-09-2002, 02:21 AM
I have a really cool cat named Sam. He is fat, but looks really nice.
When he stands up, his mane (as I like to call it) is white like a lion.

He is my first real pet (had a few caterpillers for a day, but that's another story). Had him for about 6-7 years now.

- Triple X Beaver:spin smil

Black Ace
08-10-2002, 12:23 PM
We had a dog. It was pretty mean, I forgot what kind it was, think it was a k-9. This was over a decade ago.

Vash
08-13-2002, 12:37 PM
I have a Dog (eskimo Skitz) named April. She is kinda small and chunky ... she is the only dog i know that can perfectly balance herself on her ass. Its quite amusing to watch ... ill post a pic of it.

hgblob
08-13-2002, 11:05 PM
Eight cats, and I also used to have three dogs. Most of the animals here used to be strays that showed up and decided to stay on, including that adorable Rottweiler.

Kid0_oIcarus
08-15-2002, 11:43 AM
Are you one of those old people that keeps an absurd amount of animals around? or do they only exist in The Simpsons?

xXx Beaver xXx
08-16-2002, 05:22 AM
On eof my friends has, like, 6 cats 3 dogs and some farm animals (he lives on a farm).

But even [i]that[i/] is weird for farm people.

So guess it's not JUST in the Simpsons!

- Triple X Beaver:spin smil