PDA

View Full Version : Many Questions. Please answer.

Lan
08-07-2002, 11:36 PM
What do you think of this site? I don't know of a better video game news, wallpaper, and sales site, do you? Too bad it doesn't have any other popular video game website features.

Why is the title Tales of Destiny 2 used for a Playstation 2 game and a Playstation game?

Xenosaga, Tales of Destiny 2, Unlimited SaGa, and Star Ocean: 'Till the End of Time look superb, what do you think about them?

flamingspiral
08-08-2002, 12:47 AM
Too bad it doesn't have any other popular video game website features.

Like what?

There's not much I can say about Xenosaga. Never had the pleasure of play Xenogears, so this should be interesting once released.

Lan
08-08-2002, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by Daft
Like what?

Like reviews, editorials, articles, fanfic, and fanart.

As for Xenogears, I've almost completed it and have today considered it to be my favorite game (Chrono Trigger being my previous, note its story and anime). Xenogears' battle system is one of the best I know (speedy and sometimes has lots of action) and it's and story is the greatest. But seeing all the knew PS2 RPGs, this is only the beginning.

Alucard
08-08-2002, 03:28 AM
Fanart might be fun. But the others aren't needed. Theres enough review sites around for us to get a good idea what a game is like without magicbox having to spend the time doing them also. They're primarily a news site. Thats plenty for me. Its why I come here daily.

Seska
08-08-2002, 03:37 AM
Tales of Destiny 2 is called the same in the US because thats what they called Tales of Phantasia. So while the Japanese version of the PS2 game will be ToD2, the US one will most likely be ToD3, is my guess.

A better site for wallpapers is www.gamewallpapers.com.

As for Xenosaga, Ive only played about 5 hours into it, and it was already annoying me. Far too many, and long cutscenes. Theres one big one, literally about 1 hour long, near the eend of the first part. When you see it coming, grab a bag of popcorn and a drink, because you are going to be sitting and doing nothing for a long, LONG while. So, Xenosaga is more style than substance, I'd say.

As you like RPGs, I'd recommend www.rpgamer.com to you, as they feature both fantart, fanfic, reviews and editorials on Console RPG games.

xXx Beaver xXx
08-08-2002, 05:01 AM
Fan Art would be awesome!

Make it so only forum memvbers could send it in, then we would get more friends! I like friends! :D

- Triple X Beaver :spin smil

Kid0_oIcarus
08-08-2002, 01:16 PM
The site's primary focus is on news and sales (Japan) data . Anything else (like this forum) is a perk, really. Although I second that fan-art idea. Why I made a thread about it.. look under the social board.

Rubeus
08-08-2002, 08:33 PM
Magicbox is mainly focus on RPGs, Japanese games and Japanese game data; plus a reasonable amount of US/Euro news coverage. That's all that I want to see, I dont' care much about all these America games.

Seska
08-09-2002, 03:09 AM
I wouldnt say they focus mostly on RPGs, its just that a great part of Japanese games are RPGs. :p I peronally think of Magicbox as a site deticated to translating the information straight off the Japanese videogames press, like Famitsu and Dengeki.