PDA

View Full Version : 'Home Alone 4' set for TV

xXx Beaver xXx
08-07-2002, 06:55 AM
CNN Entertainment

HOLLYWOOD, California (Reuters) -- French Stewart ("3rd Rock From the Sun") and Joanna Going ("Inventing the Abbotts") have joined the cast of ABC's "Home Alone 4," Variety reports.

The fourth installment of the "Home Alone" franchise is set to air as part of "The Wonderful World of Disney" during the coming TV season.

The rest of the cast has been set, largely with up-and-comers, for the original movie for television.

I think that the third one was terrible, and this one will be as bad. The first two were great, I loved them when I was little! :)

I hate it when the ruin something that is so good, just for money...

- Triple X Beaver :spin smil

Kid0_oIcarus
08-07-2002, 12:41 PM
This is just plain silly now..

Penance
08-21-2002, 05:29 AM
Silly indeed. Too many people trying to cash out on the classics these days. Look at Disney.

xXx Beaver xXx
08-23-2002, 08:31 PM
Yep, Disney has gone pretty much overboard now.

- Triple X Beaver:spinface:

flamingspiral
08-23-2002, 08:58 PM
I see we as a human race aren't becoming any smarter.

xXx Beaver xXx
08-24-2002, 04:41 AM
By what do you actually mean we arn't getting smarter? By the orginality of the movies?

- Triple X Beaver :spinface:

flamingspiral
08-24-2002, 11:07 PM
No, over the fact that directors and authors are so arrogant, they proceed to destroy a good series, that should have been left alone in the first place. This has happened several times, from movies, to games, to even book series. Margaret Mitchell, the author for "Gone with the Wind," and Harper Lee, the author to the book "To kill a Mocking Bird" were smart enough to leave it at one book, rather then pursue these magnificent books into a predominant series. That's the way I see it should be done, rather then try and turn a series golden, when it will surely lead to mortifying unpleasantness. (Though I would consider The Lord of the Ring series to surly have it's merits, along with other books and series) Home Alone 1 and 2 were fine. The 3rd wasn't anything special, but acceptable. Now turning a one of a kind movie set into a TV series, I see is just plain ridicules.

Eh, just my opinion.

gabriel
08-25-2002, 12:10 PM
Also note that the people responsible for this care only about money, meaning that there's enough people who will actually watch it and make it profitable.

It's a funny thought: no matter how bad a product is (like a game or movie), there'll always be people who buy and some who enjoy it. Same with actors. It's funny how almost every actor, big or small, has at least one fansite dedicated to them, claiming that they're "the best actor ever!"