PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Taxi The Movie: It's Official

Seska
08-07-2002, 03:13 AM
Earlier today we reported the latest details from the House Of The Dead movie and, on the heels of that announcement, comes Mindfire Entertainment and Sega announcing that they?ve signed an agreement that gives Mindfire the rights to produce a Crazy Taxi movie. Details on the movie aren?t exactly in abundance but the following was said on the agreement:

"Our relationship with Sega on The House of the Dead - The Movie has been a wonderful experience, and we are delighted to enter into this new partnership," said Dan Bates, CEO of Mindfire Entertainment. "We believe that Crazy Taxi has the potential to be a major motion picture, combining the thrills and exciting street action of The Fast and the Furious with the humor and quirkiness of Taxicab Confessions. Sega has created a wildly entertaining game concept filled with action and fun, and we hope to effectively translate this to the big screen with this upcoming feature film."

"The 'Crazy Taxi' franchise has been a tremendous success for SEGA, and it will enjoy even greater exposure with this upcoming feature film," said Peter Moore, president and COO, SEGA of America, Inc. "We are very pleased to continue our association with Mindfire, a company that recognizes the strong entertainment value and cinematic potential of some of SEGA's most popular titles."

Stay with us for more details on the Crazy Taxi movie as they become available.

Source: PlanetXbox

Ugh.

xXx Beaver xXx
08-07-2002, 05:43 AM
What sort of movie would be based on THAT game?

Oh my gosh! Who in their right mind would make a movie based on delivering people in taxi's?

I never knew that there were so many weird people in this world.

- Triple X Beaver :spin smil

Seska
08-07-2002, 08:29 AM
Well.. it actually has been done before. The closest movie to Crazy Taxi I can think of is called... TAXI! Doh!

Directed by Luc Besson (he wot did 5th Element), Theres TAXI and TAXI 2, and I actually like them a lot. ITs about a MArseilles Taxi driver and the stuff he gets involved with this n00b police agent. His taxi is heavily modified (heck, in Taxi 2 it even flies!) and as expected theres a bunch of car chase sequences and stunts, overall its a good laugh of a movie.

I wonder what the plot of Crazy Taxi is going to be like, though.

Kid0_oIcarus
08-07-2002, 11:39 AM
I don't know.. l3tsee.. the game is all about just being a cab driver.. albeit one with a crazy obsession over money and it's relation to punctuality, as well as risky driving habits.

How much plots can you come up with that basic premise? Now if you don't have that tying you down- you can make a movie about anything.. crazy cabbies from hell.. underwater cab driving.. knights in yellow armor... dude, where's my cab?..

Zod
08-07-2002, 06:16 PM
Yay. Just what I need is to see a hour-and-a-half infomercial selling tacos, chicken, and pants that's poorly disguised as a movie.

Seska
08-08-2002, 03:43 AM
*hops in*

Take me to KFC, yo!

*slups on soft drink. EXTREME CLOSEUP ON CAN - PEPSI*

Black Ace
09-01-2002, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by Seska
*hops in*

Take me to KFC, yo!

*slups on soft drink. EXTREME CLOSEUP ON CAN - PEPSI*

KFC rules. Gotta love America. :cool: