PDA

View Full Version : japan hates xbox...

TheHardware
06-15-2004, 05:20 AM
MORE JAPANESE SALES WOE FOR XBOX

Weekly sales clock in at just over 500 for Microsoft's big black box

13:27 It really does seem that Japan will never quite 'get' Xbox in this generation. Despite reports of extra marketing activity and price-cuts, Microsoft's console continues to falter in Asia's key territory with Media Create reporting weekly sales of just 574 units, for the week ending June 6.
Failure to cater for the RPG-obsessed Japanese market and the reluctance of key local developers such as Square Enix to support the machine are two major reasons behind the Xbox's stuttering overseas display. Inevitably, it's a completely different story for both Sony and Nintendo, with PS2 weekly sales almost reaching 30,000 while the GBA SP and GameCube chalked up figures of 24,838 and 5,020 respectively.

Unless Microsoft finds new ways of expanding its appeal beyond its very 'westernised' image and branding, the Xbox will continue to sink without trace in Asian territories. However, at least some hope was offered to the imminent Xbox 2 after Square Enix recently admitting to the possibility of developing for the machine. Final Fantasy on a Microsoft console? You just never know.

Reality
06-15-2004, 05:35 AM
Final Fantasy on a Microsoft console? Keep dreaming. Unless M$ is reaaaaly up for paying big bucks to get SE to make..something for the console I doubt they will just go "Ok, what the heck" and make "Final Fantasy" Pffft, they would most likely just port FF: CC if they could. At lest it be online.

redmask
06-15-2004, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by TheHardware
MORE JAPANESE SALES WOE FOR XBOX

Weekly sales clock in at just over 500 for Microsoft's big black box

13:27 It really does seem that Japan will never quite 'get' Xbox in this generation. Despite reports of extra marketing activity and price-cuts, Microsoft's console continues to falter in Asia's key territory with Media Create reporting weekly sales of just 574 units, for the week ending June 6.
Failure to cater for the RPG-obsessed Japanese market and the reluctance of key local developers such as Square Enix to support the machine are two major reasons behind the Xbox's stuttering overseas display. Inevitably, it's a completely different story for both Sony and Nintendo, with PS2 weekly sales almost reaching 30,000 while the GBA SP and GameCube chalked up figures of 24,838 and 5,020 respectively.

Unless Microsoft finds new ways of expanding its appeal beyond its very 'westernised' image and branding, the Xbox will continue to sink without trace in Asian territories. However, at least some hope was offered to the imminent Xbox 2 after Square Enix recently admitting to the possibility of developing for the machine. Final Fantasy on a Microsoft console? You just never know.

because
1-most of Xbox games are not exclusive
2-most of Xbox games made in US that means they look a like
3-Xbox do not have invented games

PS:if some one argue abut this i will ignore him

Escaflowne2001
06-15-2004, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by redmask
because
1-most of Xbox games are not exclusive
2-most of Xbox games made in US that means they look a like
3-Xbox do not have invented games

1. BS.
2. BS.
3. BS.

its because it's made in America by Microsoft that they dont' like that and the games are mostly wetern style.

DBJAY
06-15-2004, 12:58 PM
That's true, look at the Japanese sales charts over the course of a year. They are dominated by games, especially the smaller titles, that never get released in the US.

Japan quite simply has radically different tastes in gaming than the rest of the world, and honestly, they are the last region to look to if you are a western gamer.

Robo Halloween
06-15-2004, 01:41 PM
*offers redmask a banana*

folken001
06-15-2004, 02:47 PM
It's no wonder why Japanese don't care much for Xbox's games. I have no interest in it at all. Appearantly, M$ thinks sex and gore will get them business. It might work with Americans, I think it'll take much more than having a tons of sports, FPS and racing titles to convince Japanese.

The Japanese have different taste than the rest of the world? What's the rest of the world? U.S? Pffft. Wait until China market starts to catch up, you'll see that comment holds any truth at all.

Escaflowne2001
06-15-2004, 03:26 PM
Of course Japan has different taste just a quick look at there games that aren't released outside of japan show that "Singing Pandas" for example...

As for Sex and Gore is does work in NA/EU look at GTA afterall, and let's face it looking at GTA the japanese love it too.

DBJAY
06-15-2004, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by folken001
It's no wonder why Japanese don't care much for Xbox's games. I have no interest in it at all. Appearantly, M$ thinks sex and gore will get them business. It might work with Americans, I think it'll take much more than having a tons of sports, FPS and racing titles to convince Japanese.

The Japanese have different taste than the rest of the world? What's the rest of the world? U.S? Pffft. Wait until China market starts to catch up, you'll see that comment holds any truth at all.

Ever hear of the countries that make up Europe, or N. America, Australia, S. America? Check out a map, it's fun.

And China is also likely to have radically different tastes in gaming, as does S. Korea, than other parts of the world. That's the problem with people assuming Japanese gaming tastes are relevant to the other countries, or even superior to other countries. Why be concerned with what consumers in Japan think about western games? It's not like they obsess over the performance of Japanese games in other countries.

Havoc2049
06-15-2004, 04:20 PM
Hey Redmask, how come the Xbox gets more Japanese 3rd party support in the US and Europe than the GC does?

Joe Redifer
06-15-2004, 04:49 PM
Atari who is that disgusting woman in your avatar?

Havoc2049
06-15-2004, 06:20 PM
That's my wife, you bastard!

Vert1
06-15-2004, 07:19 PM
XBOX does not sell in Japan because they do not really cater to Japan's tastes.Tecmo helps XBOX but will not be enough to make XBOX turn into a non-failure sales wise.XBOX actually does sell off of non-exclusive games(Splinter Cell,Halo,KOTOR).The reason why XBOX is failing in Japan is because Japan as far as I know does not like FPS that much.XBOX tend to be primarily an FPS system.XBOX also tends to have nothing but realistic games which hurts in Japan since quirkiness is a plus.As Maddox said XBOX has no soul.Without good support from Japanese developers and a new gameplan that is not "sex and blood" XBOX will not be selling in Japan.

Joe Redifer
06-15-2004, 09:14 PM
She must be in a punk band then, Atari. If that really is your wife (doubtful, as girls don't like guys who are into Atari) then it looks like you caught her by surprise after she walked in from a rain storm. :)

gearhound
06-15-2004, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Joe Redifer
Atari who is that disgusting woman in your avatar?

Originally posted by AtariX
That's my wife, you bastard!

i would so kick joe's ass right about now.

Originally posted by DBJAY
Check out a map, it's fun.

what is this thing you call a map?

i do not have any games that contain sex on my xbox, so please elaborate. some of you guys have no clue as to what you are talking about.

*looks at folken001*

Havoc2049
06-15-2004, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Joe Redifer
She must be in a punk band then, Atari. If that really is your wife (doubtful, as girls don't like guys who are into Atari) then it looks like you caught her by surprise after she walked in from a rain storm. :)

Ahhh man, you were supposed to be all apologetic and it was going to be good for a laugh.:D

It's a recent picture of Wendy James of the British pop/punk band, TransVision Vamp. She is actually really hot, but in this pic she is looking kinda strung out. I should put up one of her better older ones.

Wendy James/TransVision Vamp (http://www.transvisionvamp.com/fans/images/mandrake.html)

Robo Halloween
06-15-2004, 11:40 PM
I can picture a vast majority of people not liking her, but I do. Why am I always into these type of women? X(

gearhound
06-16-2004, 12:18 AM
i would so bang atari's wif... i mean that chick from that band he mentioned.

Drunken Savior
06-16-2004, 12:36 AM
Oh....I thought it was Courtney Love at first....

...I guess at second glance, she doesn't look crazy enough to be Love...

folken001
06-16-2004, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by gearhound
i would so kick joe's ass right about now.

what is this thing you call a map?

i do not have any games that contain sex on my xbox, so please elaborate. some of you guys have no clue as to what you are talking about.

*looks at folken001*

You don't, that doesn't others don't. After all, DOA3 and DOA beach valleyball sold quite well.

folken001
06-16-2004, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by Drunken Savior
Oh....I thought it was Courtney Love at first....

...I guess at second glance, she doesn't look crazy enough to be Love...

I think that's the Sober Courtney Love.

Drunken Savior
06-16-2004, 01:27 AM
Who's that? So-bear Love? Flapdoodle!

gearhound
06-16-2004, 02:04 AM
You don't, that doesn't others don't. After all, DOA3 and DOA beach valleyball sold quite well.

so they sold well because the chicks have big boobs? is that what you're saying?

Vert1
06-16-2004, 02:06 AM
No it must be the killer gameplay!:rolleyes:

folken001
06-16-2004, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by DBJAY
Ever hear of the countries that make up Europe, or N. America, Australia, S. America? Check out a map, it's fun.

And China is also likely to have radically different tastes in gaming, as does S. Korea, than other parts of the world. That's the problem with people assuming Japanese gaming tastes are relevant to the other countries, or even superior to other countries. Why be concerned with what consumers in Japan think about western games? It's not like they obsess over the performance of Japanese games in other countries.

It doesn't really matter how big each region is. How small is Japan compare to U.S or entire Europe? Guess what, Japan is considered as equal as them. What do you say about that?

China will likely to have radically different tastes in gaming? No. I'll tell you this much, Japan's culture has huge impact on its neighboring asian nations. S. Korea is even more influenced by the Japanese. Tekken is big there. Virtual Fighter is big there. Look at Ragnorak online, which is big over there as well, is going completely Japanese sytle. How about gunbound? Have you seen the recent S. Korea idols and their MTVs? FF is big in U.S, it's even bigger in Asia. I don't suppose the statics really show because the game is never officially released in these regions. When I used to live there, FF is like star wars, perhaps bigger.

If you want to argue which console's better, I think we can't just look at U.S alone. Plus, check out the title of this thread, what are we suppose to be discussing here?

folken001
06-16-2004, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by gearhound
so they sold well because the chicks have big boobs? is that what you're saying?

what else? because of its supre gameplay? You wanna make me laugh? You don't need to, Pistons already did.

Lakers lost! Wahahahahahahaha

Reality
06-16-2004, 03:14 AM
what else? because of its supre gameplay? You wanna make me laugh? You don't need to, Pistons already did.

Lakers lost! Wahahahahahahaha

They have gameplay? :yikes:

folken001
06-16-2004, 03:37 AM
that is what i would like to know...lol

Joe Redifer
06-16-2004, 03:43 AM
No way could that be Courtney Love. If it were, I'd be asking Atari why he wants to make my monitor bleed! Also I don't think the eyes are bloodshot enough to be Courtney.

redmask
06-16-2004, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by AtariX
Hey Redmask, how come the Xbox gets more Japanese 3rd party support in the US and Europe than the GC does?

because
4miniDVD=1DVD

Escaflowne2001
06-16-2004, 06:23 AM
low sales don't help either.

Joe Redifer
06-16-2004, 07:37 AM
The Xbox gets more Japanese support in the US and Europe than the Gamecube does simply because 4 mini DVD's equals 1 real DVD? THAT'S why? I always thought it was because 650+ cartridges = 1 real CD. :p

Nyceane
06-16-2004, 07:40 AM
I don't think having Van Disel in the game attracts any Xbox gamers....

Nyceane
06-16-2004, 07:46 AM
The Xbox gets more Japanese support in the US and Europe than the Gamecube does simply because 4 mini DVD's equals 1 real DVD? THAT'S why? I always thought it was because 650+ cartridges = 1 real CD. :p

people have absolute no idea on how catridge works, you can upgrade a cartridge through hardware intergration but you can't upgrade your cd, the technology for your catridge is based off the same technology thats used in the memories for your computer, same sized chip can consist different amount of transistors and result in different virtual memory space, and allocate them into same input and output.

a CD can't do that, since its solely on extracting the information, the size of laser's movable space is the the size of your CD's space.

but since catridge was at high cost so people used CD instead, but memories are getting cheap now, cheaper and cheaper since technology has been producing in Asia instead of solely few American companies.

it takes a lot more electricities to spin the disc and shooting the laser than run electricities into transistor, and flash memory thats just came out recently can store information without constant voltage source, i only learned normal SRAM and DRAM so I can't go into detail about flash memory.

Drunken Savior
06-16-2004, 08:03 AM
I'm sure it's still cheaper to make 1 DVD than a cartridge with 4.5GB of memory. Memory might be cheaper than the 90s, but nowhere as cheap to the ol' discs.

Escaflowne2001
06-16-2004, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Nyceane
I don't think having Van Disel in the game attracts any Xbox gamers....

Nope, but hopefully a quality game should. As for the whole surport thing it's again the same old thing I don't know about America but here in the UK third party games on the XBox usually sell pretty well here usually gracing the XBox chart alot higher the GC one.

TheHardware
06-16-2004, 10:59 AM
Redmask eat your banana

that chick is hot seen her before..terrible picture

who cares how mauch catridges make a cd...are one of you going to invent a converter...

japan hates xbox cause of a few things..here are some

10. FPS are the best thing on the console.
9.no rpgs..or highschool dating sims
8.the japanese have taste
7.bill gates is a moron to them
6.bill gates is a moron to us
5.they cant lift and carry it home (too heavy)
4.__________fill in your own answer
3. no square games..(ouch)
2. believe it or not..its too freaking big..takes up half thier living space
1.the game cube and ps2 are better systems than the xbox

trust me my ex is japanese and her brother detest's the xbox..for..well most of those reasons.

redmask get that banana back in your mouth....oh and please report to the nintendo boards and accept my invite to personal Pwnage of that ass..

Vert1
06-16-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Vert1
XBOX does not sell in Japan because they do not really cater to Japan's tastes.Tecmo helps XBOX but will not be enough to make XBOX turn into a non-failure sales wise.XBOX actually does sell off of non-exclusive games(Splinter Cell,Halo,KOTOR).The reason why XBOX is failing in Japan is because Japan as far as I know does not like FPS that much.XBOX tend to be primarily an FPS system.XBOX also tends to have nothing but realistic games which hurts in Japan since quirkiness is a plus.As Maddox said XBOX has no soul.Without good support from Japanese developers and a new gameplan that is not "sex and blood" XBOX will not be selling in Japan.

Drunken Savior
06-16-2004, 11:19 PM
Ok, there is no need for you to quote your own post in the same thread if your not going to add to it! :angry:

Vert1
06-16-2004, 11:37 PM
I was just making sure people read that.I guess no one can disagree since it's all true.:lol:

redmask
06-17-2004, 04:59 AM
Redmask eat your banana

that chick is hot seen her before..terrible picture

who cares how mauch catridges make a cd...are one of you going to invent a converter...

japan hates xbox cause of a few things..here are some

10. FPS are the best thing on the console.
9.no rpgs..or highschool dating sims
8.the japanese have taste
7.bill gates is a moron to them
6.bill gates is a moron to us
5.they cant lift and carry it home (too heavy)
4.__________fill in your own answer
3. no square games..(ouch)
2. believe it or not..its too freaking big..takes up half thier living space
1.the game cube and ps2 are better systems than the xbox

trust me my ex is japanese and her brother detest's the xbox..for..well most of those reasons.

redmask get that banana back in your mouth....oh and please report to the nintendo boards and accept my invite to personal Pwnage of that ass..

go to
http://www.nintendo-europe.com/NOE/en/GB/system/gcn_topic1.jsp
:angry: magicbox is the first and only board im in:angry: :angry:

redmask
06-17-2004, 11:56 AM
the game cube and ps2 are better systems than the xbox
:yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
you hate Xbox:yikes: :yikes:

PS:i thought you are Xbox fanboy:yikes:

Zod
06-17-2004, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Reality
Final Fantasy on a Microsoft console? Keep dreaming. Unless M$ is reaaaaly up for paying big bucks to get SE to make..something for the console I doubt they will just go "Ok, what the heck" and make "Final Fantasy" Pffft, they would most likely just port FF: CC if they could. At lest it be online.

MS would want: A) an exclusive, b) a time exclusive, or C) exclusive content, and I doubt Square would be willing to do any of the above, especially since their games come out in Japan first, where X-Box does the worst. Sure it would sell X-Box's but not so many Square games, and it's Square's job just to sell Square games and nothing else.

Escaflowne2001
06-17-2004, 04:35 PM
Depends if MS offers a little $

DBJAY
06-17-2004, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Vert1

How does a piece of consumer electronics qualify as having a soul?

If that refers to software, what Japanese games actually have any kind of soul to them?

I don't see how any game could have a soul when 100% are created with the intention of creating a profit.

Reality
06-17-2004, 09:48 PM
Um DB. You know he can't reply right? he's be banned apparently. :P

gearhound
06-18-2004, 09:00 PM
why was vert1 banned?

was if because he is so disgustingly biased it has literally blinded him for all eternity???

Mainstreme Fan
06-25-2004, 02:03 PM
Japan don`t hate the xbox. They just hate the games for the xbox.:D

TheHardware
06-25-2004, 02:44 PM
i saw a short movie made by some american guys ...it was godzilla vs xbox....they were makeing fun of the size..it was cheesey as hell...all they did was drop a xbox on a toy godzilla....lol..then the xbox laughed..and the people screamed

TheHardware
06-25-2004, 02:47 PM
yes you are...you constantly trip up over things you say..and bump into my comebacks.....blind!!!

Joe Redifer
06-25-2004, 03:30 PM
No. I think they hate the xbox itself as well. It is bigger than their aparments. It takes 14 Japanese people to carry one. It's not made by a Japanese company.

Vert1
06-25-2004, 03:34 PM
I've already explained why Japan hates XBOX but I do like the 14 man to carry XBOX theory Joe.:lol:

Gearhound:I'm not blind.

Why are The Hardware's posts before Joe's and I?Actually The Hardware I haven't fallen victim to you or dishonored myself.

folken001
06-27-2004, 11:31 PM
I guess Vert1 is not banned after all? :)

Vert1
06-28-2004, 01:53 AM
Just for one week.When DS comes back from vacation we're going to have a long sit down about why I was banned/my warnings.

yueske17
06-28-2004, 02:56 AM
I don't believe that the Japanese hate the X-box I think it's all in the way that Microsoft has marketed this thing in Japan. They just haven't figured out how to cater to their style. You can't use the most powerful system slogan on the Japanese it just doesn't mean much to them, for if it did the GB would have long been dead. People can't say that american products or civilization doesn't work in Japan after all they love alot of our music artist,fast food chains etc. Microsoft just doesn't have any games that signifies oneness with the machine, which is some thing they should have done from day one.

Reality
06-28-2004, 12:50 PM
Nah they hate it. And why wouldn't they? Japan doesn't have the balls to make any games for it as M$ said once. So I'm sure they wouldn't have them to play it. OOooooOOoo.

Escaflowne2001
06-28-2004, 03:07 PM
Even though the XB has quite a few Japanese developers now.

Vert1
06-28-2004, 03:17 PM
Producing what may I ask that appeals to the Japanese?All I can think of that's not the generic XBOX material from Japanese developers is Metal Slug3 and Guilty Gear(which are both on PS2).

Reality
06-28-2004, 03:19 PM
Even though the XB has quite a few Japanese developers now.

Surprisingly, there is like what? 3 maybe 4. Counting the one that canceled their big 3 years in development MMORPG.

Escaflowne2001
06-28-2004, 03:46 PM
Surprisingly, there is like what? 3 maybe 4. Counting the one that canceled their big 3 years in development MMORPG.

Oh I don't know...

Tecmo
GameArts
Artoon
Sega/Sammy
Capcom
Konami
SNK
Level 5
Idea Factory
Koei
Bandai
Success
Namco
Marvelous
Broccoli (make anime games such as Galaxy Angel)
Takara/Atlus
Red Entertainment
Media Vision
Alfa System
From Software
K2 (developers of Tenchu)
Genki

There the main ones I guess, there's others I'd imagine but I count at least 22 there 3/4 lol that's a good one.

Reality
06-28-2004, 03:47 PM
Yeah, I can see about 3 or 4 actually worth mentioning.

Vert1
06-28-2004, 03:49 PM
Producing what may I ask that appeals to the Japanese?All I can think of that's not the generic XBOX material from Japanese developers is Metal Slug3 and Guilty Gear(which are both on PS2).

Answer that Esca!

Escaflowne2001
06-29-2004, 12:12 PM
Yeah, I can see about 3 or 4 actually worth mentioning.

Then you have a bad choice in developers can't help you there then as for you vert1.

Gungriffon is on the way by the fab. Gamearts that's sure to be a nice game hopefully doing well and leading to Grandia3. But yeah there isn't much for the Japanese gamer never said there was did I?

I'm from the UK so I only care about the games aimed towards the western world or that are released here.

Reality
06-29-2004, 01:08 PM
Bad choice? Of course it'll be just a matter of opinion but by your average choice in games I say my choices are sitting pretty. :P

Vert1
06-29-2004, 02:19 PM
By the looks of it Esca XBOX still doesn't really have any games that appeal to the Japanese.So there Japanese support is still as it was poor.

Escaflowne2001
06-29-2004, 04:57 PM
By the looks of it Esca XBOX still doesn't really have any games that appeal to the Japanese.So there Japanese support is still as it was poor.

Kinda of correct Japanese consumer surport of the XB is poor, but Japanese developer surport of the XB isn't really all that bad there's been some very good games with more to come.

Mainstreme Fan
07-03-2004, 03:15 AM
From the likes of SNK?

Decado
07-03-2004, 04:29 AM
Gungriffon is on the way by the fab. Gamearts that's sure to be a nice game hopefully doing well and leading to Grandia3. OK, I thought Tecmo was making Gungriffon? And even if it was Game Arts...how could a action sim doing well lead to the development of an RPG? :sweat:

Escaflowne2001
07-03-2004, 08:18 AM
From the likes of SNK?

NO YOU TIT!! from the 22 japanese developers I listed on the last page. :haha:

Decado wishful thinking I guess Gamearts are developing Tecmo are publishing hopefully if it does well. GA will do more games for the XB or infact bloody make some more games fullstop hopefully Grandia 3.

BashingU
07-03-2004, 01:05 PM
Esca is basicly givin u slow pokes a scenario...Grandia is a major property of GameArts. Besides Steel Battilion and Mech Assualt there is not a huge clutter of mech games on the Xbox. So GameArts can release GunGriffion more uptodate and hotter. It was an aclaimed game on the Saturn(one of the few) that was recived well...If successful this allows GameArts to release (or ponder) a new Grandia because again (slow pokes) the rpg market on the Xbox is very small...Get It? Cause it ain't rocket science...I mean two plus two does equal four... :kill: :spinface:

Decado
07-03-2004, 04:06 PM
Sadly, you're jumping ahead of yourself. You're trying to make 2+1 = 4 ;)

Vert1
07-03-2004, 04:06 PM
So XBOX has Grandia...that all?

Escaflowne2001
07-03-2004, 04:44 PM
Yep that would be cool one of the best RPG series out there one of the only reasons to own a Dreamcast.

gearhound
07-06-2004, 06:30 PM
Yep that would be cool one of the best RPG series out there one of the only reasons to own a Dreamcast.

huh? are you saying that grandia 2 was the only reason to own a DC or one of the many reasons?

Zod
07-06-2004, 06:45 PM

eh..............

Grandia 2 was decent, but Grandia extreme sucked and was just a dungeon crawler. I never played the first one; did it even get a US release? I don't think that'll make or break the X-Box in Japan since it is relatively a small series.

Vert1
07-06-2004, 11:53 PM

Dumbest crap I've heard referring to DC.SOA>Grandia2

Decado
07-06-2004, 11:59 PM
I agree with Escaflowne2001. Grandia 2 was a ton of fun. SoA did some things right, but too many things wrong.

Vert1
07-07-2004, 12:16 AM
can this thread be locked? :annoyed:

Escaflowne2001
07-07-2004, 09:27 AM
No, you could not post in it though.

Vert1
07-07-2004, 03:53 PM
Yea I think I'll do that.

folken001
07-08-2004, 11:49 AM
I agree with Escaflowne2001. Grandia 2 was a ton of fun. SoA did some things right, but too many things wrong.

Agree. I liked Granida 2 a lot too. The biggest problem I had with SoA was that there was too much random encounters. It felt as if I had to fight once every 3-4 steps. It was ok in the beginning, but it really killed my interest to play later on.

Escaflowne2001
07-08-2004, 04:43 PM
The ships battle were repetitively boring towards the end aswell there went on and on and on.

Vert1
07-09-2004, 02:22 PM
http://www.planetdreamcast.com/soaworld/images/Vyse_mad.jpg
"FOOLS, SEGA OWNS YOU!!"

Escaflowne2001
07-09-2004, 04:24 PM
Sega got owned by Sammy.

Vert1
07-09-2004, 04:29 PM
they still own you.... :crying:

I need to write Nintendo to buy Sega out and get them back to being how they used to be.Heck Nintendo can buy Sammy to they need a good fighter on Revolution.

Nintendo+Sega=Revolution :8):

Escaflowne2001
07-09-2004, 04:32 PM
Can't buy what's not for sale :) keep dreaming though.

Aeggie
07-09-2004, 04:52 PM
Yes you can. MS used to do it all the time. It's called a hostile takeover...

Of course, that would cost much more than just buying someone, not to mention tying up Ninty executives who don't really want Sega/Sammy anyway.

TheHardware
07-09-2004, 10:51 PM
No, you could not post in it though.

they still own you.... :crying:

I need to write Nintendo to buy Sega out and get them back to being how they used to be.Heck Nintendo can buy Sammy to they need a good fighter on Revolution.

Nintendo+Sega=Revolution :8):

you lied...

Vert1
07-09-2004, 10:53 PM

I changed my mind now go away.

bemanisuperstar
07-10-2004, 07:12 PM
It's not doing as bad in Japan as you'd think.

you'd besurpized how many Japanese XBOX live users there are.

Reality
07-10-2004, 08:14 PM
I get to see the Xbox sales anytime some figures are posted from Japan. It's doing as bad as it's always has, about 500 units a week. Some weeks the PS1 will top it. And what is the Xbox live users there? 1-2 thousand?

If you look at these number to what M$ competitors sale you can't brighten this image up anymore then it is in black and white. The Xbox is doing as bad as everyone thinks over there.

Vert1
07-10-2004, 08:25 PM
At one point in time Wonderswan gave XBOX a run for it's money.Than again if you consider XBOX sells at a loss of 100+ dollars....

BlindMaphisto
07-15-2004, 11:28 PM
I don't think the japanese will taiste anything they havn't been eating for years. I honestly dont think microsoft or any american company could do well in japan without a massive amount of japanese dev support to give them what they are used to. I'm not too worried though. Any system that can move 4 million units of a single game has long term life support.

Aeggie
07-15-2004, 11:47 PM
It's not doing as bad in Japan as you'd think.

you'd besurpized how many Japanese XBOX live users there are.

The Xbox didn't outsell the PS1 by a huge margin in 2003. It is doing very poorly. In all of 2003 the Xbox didn't break 100,000. In the week before Christmas the GCN nearly outsold the Xbox's accumulative sales for the year(95,100 in that week for the Cube, compared to 98,400 that year for the Xbox).

http://game-science.com/news/000303.html

But, despite that small userbase, Xbox users DID manage to get Ninja Gaiden in the top 10 in its first week of release. It disappeared after that, but it sold well considering the size of the userbase.

http://game-science.com/news/000482.html