PDA

View Full Version : I never thought that I would buy this game.

Vicviper
08-05-2002, 01:43 PM
WOW! The Mark of Kri has got to be the sleeper hit of the year. What a pleasent surprise to go into the local game shop and see this great game on the screen. I honestly didn't even think about this game until I saw it in action. If feels like you are playing a Disney movie with lots of violence. Music is good, very atmospheric. Control is awesome, my only complaint is when you try to go around objects you get hung up sometimes. Just a great mix of gameplay with a great idea.
Anyone else had the pleasure yet?

Kid0_oIcarus
08-05-2002, 01:49 PM
/\/o, but all the sites seem to be pleased with it!

flamingspiral
08-05-2002, 02:27 PM
I have been eyeing this game for quite some time, and finally got up the nuts to go and buy it. The Mark of Kri truly has it's merits. The stealth kills are amazing; a very exciting hack and slash game. I only have a few complaints. The challenges aren't to worth wild, and it's a little repetitive so far. The low lack of weapons is also a minus. But this game can be really fun from many perspectives.

Vicviper
08-05-2002, 02:31 PM
I don't mind the lack of weapons too much. I just got the bow & arrow. It looks like there's a battle axe and room for one more. Maybe a hammer or something. Looking forward to seeing the death animations from a blow with the axe!

flamingspiral
08-05-2002, 04:31 PM
The other weapon you get is the Taiaha (which I assume is some sort of spear). But from what I heard, the axe gives you the ability to tear your enemy apart, limb by limb. I'm looking forward to that. The only other weapon I have obtained so far is the bow. I just hope the high total of four weapons is far suffice enough for my entertaining needs.

Vicviper
08-06-2002, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Daft
I just hope the high total of four weapons is far suffice enough for my entertaining needs.

I agree. Don't forget about the ability to take the enemies weapon and use it against them. Pretty good stuff there. That would be awesome seeing limbs ripped from the body by an axe blow.

Kid0_oIcarus
08-06-2002, 12:59 PM
How awesome is it to watch limbs ripped apart from a body?? It's a neat effect- but why would you want to see that? :crazy:

xXx Beaver xXx
08-07-2002, 02:14 AM
I guess some people just like gory stuff, seems quite funny to me. hehehe :D.

- Triple X Beaver :spin smil

Vicviper
08-07-2002, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Kid0_oIcarus
How awesome is it to watch limbs ripped apart from a body?? It's a neat effect- but why would you want to see that? :crazy:

It's really awesome,
because it takes you to that special place where you can pretend to be that person. I am not a violent person in real life and I would hate to see a real person get a limb ripped off. Honestly I think I would throw up. But inside the video game world you don't have to worry about it. Making believe you are someone else is quite a release from your daily life sometimes.
So you have a hard day at work/school why not take it out on some enemies in a video game? It's isn't harmful if you realize it's not reality.

Kid0_oIcarus
08-07-2002, 12:54 PM
Yeah, I guess so

I can see how it's a way to de-stress.. I guess I just don't look forward to that kind of stuff.. it's cool and all- and it doesn't sicken me or anything.. but I've just never gotten all into it, you know?

I remember playing Mortal Kombat back in the day and thought all the gore with the blood spurting and the spines ripped out and decapitations were really cheesy.

I can think of worse ways to vent, though.

flamingspiral
08-07-2002, 02:12 PM
Don't forget about the ability to take the enemies weapon and use it against them. Pretty good stuff there.

One of the best features in this game.

I can think of worse ways to vent, though.

Like palpitating at a pillow...I know, it's pathetic, but that's what I do. :)