PDA

View Full Version : How did you found The Magic Box?

Black Ace
08-04-2002, 12:57 AM
I found this site a long time ago when it was affiliates with IGN. What about you guys?

flamingspiral
08-04-2002, 02:22 AM
Someone at the GameFaqs forums mentioned this place.

Nindalf
08-04-2002, 09:52 AM
I found a link to Dengeki chart and then i just started exploring the site

WINDJAMMERS
08-04-2002, 02:54 PM
People always cited Magic Box as the source of their news. Then I asked myself:"Why don't I get my news and previews from the same source as them?". Even since then I've been visiting Magic Box.

ATMA
08-04-2002, 04:07 PM
Was looking for info on FFX INT if the game coulda be translated in english and that's how i found the magicbox site and i even remember my first post in the forums! Was also about FFX INT and after a while i've edit the name and made it into the big FINAL FANTASY CORNER!!!:big smile

Zod
08-04-2002, 05:03 PM
I was looking for sales charts of games and consoles, and this came up in a google search.

Kamui
08-04-2002, 08:22 PM
In 1998, I was searching for information about PS Fatal Fury: Dominated Mind, and Magic Box were the first one with info and pictures of the game. I was actually surprized that a fan site ( at the time) has so much inside info about upcoming games.

Havoc2049
08-04-2002, 09:09 PM
I'm a big Neo Geo Pocket Color fan. I used to go to Neo Geo Pocket Sector back in the day when new games were still being released. Magicbox would always have the latest news regarding the NGPC and it was always mentioned at NGPS. I think there was a link from NGPS to Magicbox.

Badboon
08-05-2002, 02:37 AM
I first heard about MagicBox from a Game Boy site called EAGB.

Overlord
08-05-2002, 06:16 AM
I found it thru Allrpg.com. It was a source to one of there articles. Have been coming here ever since.

...I still remember the days when it was only a young FFX: INT thread. Then it evloved into the FFC we know today.

Kid0_oIcarus
08-05-2002, 09:51 AM
L1ke mista Bill said- found the site a l0ng time ago through IGN. Good site, s0 I stayed.

xXx Beaver xXx
08-06-2002, 02:48 AM
My cousin told me about the site, he said he came across it one day.

- Triple X Beaver :spin smil

hgblob
08-06-2002, 10:58 AM
Someone put a link to the Magicbox in a post over at r.g.video.sony a few years back and I took a look at the place. I've been dropping by at least once every couple of days ever since.

IHZer0
08-06-2002, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by AtariX
I'm a big Neo Geo Pocket Color fan. I used to go to Neo Geo Pocket Sector back in the day when new games were still being released. Magicbox would always have the latest news regarding the NGPC and it was always mentioned at NGPS. I think there was a link from NGPS to Magicbox.

I'm from that site myself, actually. Did you ever post on the message board? What was your alias?

They update still, but extremely rarely now, since the guy that runs in is lazy. :P

Havoc2049
08-06-2002, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by IHZer0

I'm from that site myself, actually. Did you ever post on the message board? What was your alias?

They update still, but extremely rarely now, since the guy that runs in is lazy. :P

I just took, never gave. :D I did write half of a review for SNK vs Capcom: MOTM, but I never finished it. I would just catch up on the latest NGP news, read reviews and download FAQ's for NGPC fighters.