PDA

View Full Version : Earthbound, Super Mario RPG heading for GBA

Black Ace
08-03-2002, 09:57 PM
In this month Quartermann report from EGM revealed that Earthbound is coming, whether its a new version or a port is still unknown at this point. Super Mario RPG was also mentioned to be ported over.

xXx Beaver xXx
08-03-2002, 10:25 PM
Super Mario RPG? Awesome! I would surely want to buy that game, when will it be out in English?

- Triple X Beaver :spin smil

Rubeus
08-04-2002, 12:38 AM
Quartermann stuffs are mostly rumors, I don't take their words until I hear the official statements.

Black Ace
08-04-2002, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by xXx Beaver xXx
Super Mario RPG? Awesome! I would surely want to buy that game, when will it be out in English?

- Triple X Beaver :spin smil

Probably fall.

Badboon
08-05-2002, 02:14 AM
I'm hoping that the EarthBound game is EarthBound Zero with updated graphics.
Since Nintendo cancelled its release on the NES (for reasons I find disappointing) it would be a great idea to reintroduce it to North Americans on the GBA.
If they did, I wouldn't need to play it on PocketNES anymore or on my computer. :D
Unfortunately, seeing how Nintendo's doing a lot of SNES to GBA porting, the upcoming Game Boy Advance EarthBound will likely be the SNES game (not that that's necessarily a bad thing...).

Kid0_oIcarus
08-05-2002, 12:50 PM
Earthbound is Earthbound! 1 say! I'll be happy if this happens, as Nintendo needs to give us fans some love!! That- and Mother 3!!!!

Pikachu
08-07-2002, 01:13 PM
Instead of porting all these old SNES games to GBA, maybe Nintendo should consider making a SNES -> GBA adaptor, so you can play all the SNES games you want on GBA instead.

Black Ace
08-08-2002, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by Pikachu
Instead of porting all these old SNES games to GBA, maybe Nintendo should consider making a SNES -> GBA adaptor, so you can play all the SNES games you want on GBA instead.

Why would they? They port these old games just for quick bucks.

gabriel
08-08-2002, 02:21 PM
Quartermann stuffs are mostly rumors, I don't take their words until I hear the official statements.

They're fairly accurate though. Since companies divulge information to mags/websites but tell them to keep it hush hush until a certain date, I think Q's reports are often said bits of info but labelled as rumours so that the companies cant get mad at them for releasing the info early.

Rubeus
08-08-2002, 08:43 PM
Besides that, you can hardly find SNES games in game shops now, and they are so bulky comparing to the tiny GBA carts.

Originally posted by Bill

Why would they? They port these old games just for quick bucks.