PDA

View Full Version : Yeah it's been fun.

ATMA
05-20-2004, 06:07 AM
Like Alucard and Seska i'm also packing up. My reason is because this place have changed a lot. Too much fanboys running around. Too much X Console is better than X console... too much Nintendo is number 1 no matter what you say, too much Sony is number 1 no matter what you say, too much MS is number 1 no matter what you say, too much Nintendo this, too much Sony this, too much MS this. Too much for ATMA.

I've learned a lot during the +2 years i've been around, definitely learned how to expand my horizons and have learned how other people think and experience games. I've met some of you outside the forums (instant chat programs) which was really fun and also a great experience and ofcourse we will keep in touch. Tons of people I have respect for their viewing and tons of people have shown me respect for my viewings. I've also seen a lot of humor on this forum and it helped me a lot when I was down. I'm one of those people who like to laugh a lot and this forum made me do that especially when I needed it (real life can be hard some times/ most of the time). Anyways guys and girls, goodluck with everything and keep it chilling.

PS: One last Sega wh0r3 smile for everyone. May Sega live forever. http://www.websmileys.com/sm/crazy/196.gif

-No Worries-

--ATMA--

Sinful Sam
05-20-2004, 06:19 AM
Wow a lot of older membets leaving. I noticed this place has changed but I figuered the new people won't stay long or things will start to calm down.

Well take care ATMA, it was nice knowing you.

Escaflowne2001
05-20-2004, 06:24 AM
Bye Bye.

Drunken Savior
05-20-2004, 06:59 AM
Take care ATMA! Thanks again for Suikoden! We'll have to share a pint one of these days, because I got a good deal. :P

Peace out.

(Pours more of his drink out for a homie)

Ogni
05-20-2004, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by ATMA
PS: One last Sega wh0r3 smile for everyone. May Sega live forever. http://www.websmileys.com/sm/crazy/196.gif

-No Worries-

--ATMA--

:crying:

Bye bye!

Nice knowing you!

*Sega-wh0r3-smiles-back* :D

ombra
05-20-2004, 08:13 AM
get ov-..

bites tongue..

Joe Redifer
05-20-2004, 09:30 AM
Uh oh. I see a trend.... cool people leaving! This also happened at OverClocked ReMix.

Ombra.. why are you posting so much? You just registered and have over 150 posts, more than 11.5 posts per day, and are already fighting with the mods. Why?

ombra
05-20-2004, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Joe Redifer
Uh oh. I see a trend.... cool people leaving! This also happened at OverClocked ReMix.

Ombra.. why are you posting so much? You just registered and have over 150 posts, more than 11.5 posts per day, and are already fighting with the mods. Why?

2 things..

1. boredom (i'm at work)
2. not really fighting the mods..disagreed with certain methods..but thats past,things seem about even now.. i guess the sig isn't needed..

Nem
05-20-2004, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Juste
Wow a lot of older membets leaving. I noticed this place has changed but I figuered the new people won't stay long or things will start to calm down.

I agree with Juste. these members will end up leaving since we normally end up flaming them :D. If you guys keep leaving has well, then they will gain strenght...
Its a pity to see you leave ATMA. You were one of the members i sympathised with the most. Its your decision though. I just hope to see you back one day :)

take care.

suronosuke
05-20-2004, 02:17 PM
damn seems like everyone is leaving, well good luck to you in whatever you do

vherub
05-20-2004, 02:52 PM
assuming youre still around to read this, i believe the theorum runs as follows:

Over time, as a message board increases in membership, so to does the chance that it will attract attention from posters who flood boards with repetitive, unenlightened and antagonistic commentary. The potential then for the few moments of intelligent commentary to be lost or hijacked increases exponentially in relation to increased membership. Eventually, all boards are either consumed by this flood or shut down.

Sammythy
05-20-2004, 07:04 PM
I don't know anyone here really, but I have appreciated your posts in my time here, and your absence will certainly leave a noticeable void in the MagicBox Forums. Take care and have fun wherever you happen wander off to. :)

Reality
05-20-2004, 07:24 PM
Hey man, it's been great posting with you. Drop a IM sometime, for old times sake.

gabriel
05-20-2004, 10:15 PM
Way to jump on the bandwagon, man :P

There were chumps on these boards for a long time (same reason I left about a year ago), but it's not like there's a better place around (that's why I'm back :P). Undoubtably, the best times here were the earliest ones; thing's have a tendency to collapse once they get too big (anyone remember that one empire, Rome, I think it was called?).

Have fun on the rest of the internet

Meshugana
05-21-2004, 01:57 AM
see ya, man i pick the perfect time to join, ive been spyin on these forums for like a year, and just now joined, and all the people who i recognize and associate with the magicbox are leaving, i have bad timing...well actually more like 2 years

Vegetto
05-21-2004, 02:33 AM
bah not you too!!
later atma....(sniff)
we've suffered losses, this time the fanboys are taking the upper hand, we must remain strong,

flamingspiral
05-21-2004, 08:05 PM
It's really sad to see you go ATMA. You were probably my closest friend on the board. I'll miss you a lot. You do have a point though, there are too many fanboys and idiots on these forums. Back when I joined 2 years ago it was really fun, but now I hardly ever post, because it simply isn't fun anymore.

Jeeze, I'll probably leave myself, this place is too different without Seska, Alucard, and ATMA. With them gone, we have less people to deal with the morons and fanboys at this place, and letting the idiots wipe each other out just wont work.

It was great getting to know you over MSN Messanger ATMA, take care.

Daft/Jules

Freeman
05-22-2004, 04:33 AM
Well hope to C Ya back soon!
Just one silly stupid question before you go;
Does your nickname come from the ATMA Weapon from FF6?
I'm psycho today.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!

Black Sugar
05-23-2004, 12:16 PM
It's been fun knowing you. You're truly are a passionate gamer, Love to read your point of view all the time .

Twelve
05-24-2004, 09:14 AM
Argh...this hurts.

Sheesh, the way to deal with idiots is simply to ignore them and then make good posts of your own.

Even though I met them all on the opposite side of a political debate, I learned to respect Atma, Seska, and Alucard. But I can't say I respect their supposed reasons for leaving.

Nindalf
05-25-2004, 11:52 AM
See ya ATMA. Send me a ICQ or something sometimes.

Drunken Savior
05-25-2004, 05:50 PM
Hey Nin! Where yea been?

SpaceManSpiff
05-26-2004, 03:21 AM
He came back today because ROTK comes out on DVD today.:)

Nindalf
05-26-2004, 09:14 AM
Not where I live you lucky son of a bitch!!!

And I have been having serious troubles with me computer so havn't been able to come on line. Because of that I didn't see those AWESOME Zelda screens until yesterday. Zelda = GOTY, GOTD, GOTC, GOTM etc. Until Mario 128 is released...

Joe Redifer
05-26-2004, 09:23 PM
Wow. Finland sure does suck!

SpaceManSpiff
05-27-2004, 02:19 AM
I dont even wanna know when you guys get the extended edition. Since we have to wait till christmas, you must have to wait till like next year.:crazy:

gearhound
05-28-2004, 09:27 PM
take care, ATMA:cool guy: