PDA

View Full Version : People need to speak out

Kid0_oIcarus
08-02-2002, 10:52 AM
I noticed not enough people post here, we've all got something interesting to say- so don't be afraid to post it!

Just don't ramble on too often as then they'll (m0ds) probably consider it spamming and out you go!

So.. um.. whats the weather like where you're at?

flamingspiral
08-02-2002, 02:20 PM
I think someone needs to learn to speak English...in every thread. I've had to either mind correct every post, or ignore them all, simply because the poor sap never got the hint.

Kid0_oIcarus
08-02-2002, 03:04 PM
This thread has had seven views and only one person posts? Come on people and liven up! What, are you at work or something?

Nindalf
08-02-2002, 03:10 PM
so...anyone have some topic here to talk about?:)
Does anyone have gamecube?Know any good books?
(Just making conversation)

Vicviper
08-03-2002, 12:19 PM
Kid Icarus, Why did you start replacing letters with numbers in your replies? I can't even comprehend half the things you are saying in your replies so I just ignore them. Now in this thread you created you are actually typing in plain english. Keep it up!

WINDJAMMERS
08-03-2002, 01:08 PM
It looks like someone needs a lesson on the l33t alphabet.

Black Ace
08-03-2002, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Vicviper
Kid Icarus, Why did you start replacing letters with numbers in your replies? I can't even comprehend half the things you are saying in your replies so I just ignore them. Now in this thread you created you are actually typing in plain english. Keep it up!

If he keeps it up, I will contact the Admin, he will be banned. Typing in that format not only de-graded the forums quality, but it is also consisders spam. Half of the people will not know what you he is talking about.

WINDJAMMERS
08-03-2002, 01:53 PM
Ouch. Don't worry Icarus. If you feel the need to type in l33t just PM me. I can understand it better that most.

flamingspiral
08-03-2002, 04:58 PM

Exactly. My last statement was actually directed at him. Wasn't sure if he got the hint or not.

xXx Beaver xXx
08-03-2002, 07:46 PM
I am also a bit annoyed with him speaking in 133t, I can fully understand him, but what is the need of that?

Many people won't understand him, and he couldn't get his point understood by many people, which is the point of forums.

- Triple X Beaver :spin smil

Overlord
08-03-2002, 11:09 PM
Same here. I can understand what he's saying, but I know a lot of people here don't. I actually agree with Beaver this time! :P

Rubeus
08-04-2002, 01:02 AM
I think Kid Icarus passed his account to someone else. He's not his old self since he changed his avatar.

ATMA
08-04-2002, 03:40 PM
Something different indeed!It's like someone else is using his account! well anyway i hope that style can be changed!!
So here's something we can talk about ...how's everybody's gaming life doing? Still smashing those bottons? What's everybody doing or what game are you gamers playing right now ?:big smile

Seska
08-05-2002, 05:29 AM
While I personally am not too fond of l337 speak, I hardly think its a good reason to ban the guy for how he spells. Might as well ban the people who quote 10000-word posts and reply to them with:

I think so too, m8! lol! roflmao!

While the way he spells IS a pain in the ass, his posts are not, and I can think of posters with better spelling and more aggravating content than his.

Just a thought.

Alucard
08-05-2002, 06:19 AM
Same as what Seska says. He's done good posts. Never seen anything but good stuff. As for the l337 speech, I don't mind a couple words here and there. A whole sentance is another matter though.

Further more, I think it's a little unfair to blatantly direct the post at him instead of PMing or something. I know others who deserve to get banned yet don't. Icarus is fine with me. I have no problem.

Kid0_oIcarus
08-05-2002, 09:21 AM
Hey, wow! Thanks for all the love and support, my friends! If you ever need anything, just ask and I'll see what I can do.. please do try and keep it legal, though. ;)

l33t on! :D

To my detractors, I hope this post finds you well, and that you will have a n1ce d4y! L1fe is too short to g3t w0rked up over something as trivial as the typ1ng of 4 post.
(Besides, in all of my more l33t posts, I do try and include a translation.. look for it everywhere you see l33t!) Plus, you ahve to admit- I have toned it down consid3r4bly!

l33t fading.. fading..

But seriously folks, it is still me, no I haven't changed- I just started reading more and more Megatokyo (http://megatokyo.com)! You should too- it's funny.

BTW, thank you all for posting- that's what I'm talking 'bout! Just say what's on your mind man- just be sure to phrase it in a manner that is likely to offend the least- remembering someone will always find cause to get offended no matter what you meant!

Penance
08-21-2002, 04:32 AM
I didn't mind that you were talking that way. You did put what you meant in Paranthasies. But I'm glad you dropped it all together.

Kid0_oIcarus
08-21-2002, 08:57 PM
h3 h3, feel teh l0v3... :D
(Girl, sig, hot)

Penance
08-29-2002, 12:12 AM
You like what you see?

:wink: