PDA

View Full Version : Majesty: Kingdom Simulator

Kid0_oIcarus
08-02-2002, 10:24 AM
Hey, does/has anyone played Infogrammes' Majesty: The Kingdom Simulator?

What'd you think of it? I though it was really fun- but the game could have been more polished.

Alucard
08-03-2002, 03:36 AM
Game was heaps fun. Though it did lack a certain something. Hope they add heaps more stuff if they plan to make a sequel.

xXx Beaver xXx
08-03-2002, 09:42 AM
i haven't heard of it, to tell you the truth. tell me what it's like.

- Triple X Beaver :spin smil

Kid0_oIcarus
08-05-2002, 12:10 PM
The game WAS good- but it needed more. I'm making a Warcraft 3 map based on similar concepts. If you guys like, I'll send you a copy when I'm finished. (One day :D)

Beavester, in Majesty you have a bunch of "heroes" that go around adventuring for you and can gain levels and spells/skills as they level up. It's an kind of like an RTS-SIM deal since you don't actually control the units. You build buildings (like a blacksmith where heroes can purchase weapon upgrades) and you try and steer the heroes into doing what needs to be done, by putting "reward flags" over the map. You can put them on monsters or buidlings you wish destroyed- it's up to the heroes to decide what to go after. (If anything at all!) On the side, you have to manage your economy, else you won't have money to use for rewards!

Fun game, great concept- but in the long run it's lacking something. You should certainly try it, though- it's a great experience.