PDA

View Full Version : square and life

TheHardware
04-29-2004, 05:13 AM
funny thing happened....today..i realized that me and video games are friends for life..then i realized that squareenix...yes squareenix has had a great effect on my life......i can remember almost evrey part from all the ff series i have favorite characters..and my favorite sceen from any videogame is in a ff game......

then theres the music...i am listening to "the moon - Utikisama " right now..that and Areiths theme...i have lots off ff music wallpapers and games......and i can actually say even though konami is my favorite 3rd party and DMC is my single favorite game...... i love the ff series..more than any other series...and i will continue to buy thier soundtracks and games..

if this is boring you you shouldnt have read this far...now post a response or i will grab my keyblade and kill you....lol

sorry im tired and this music is so great..i had to share

SpaceManSpiff
04-29-2004, 05:15 AM
ok I posted, now dont kill me.:sweat:

GodOfCookery
04-29-2004, 05:33 AM
Well for me its not FF but rather Chrono besides Metal Gear Solid (is my favourite series, if you could speak of series). I couldn't care less about FF8,9,10 :). Only really liked 6,7 so far.

magzbm420
04-29-2004, 06:19 AM
Na, ff8 is good.
I just started to replay ff8
and i forgot how hot it was. The
whole junction thing is great.

Seska
04-29-2004, 06:50 AM
I have the FF6 Main Theme midi as my alarm sound on my cell phone. :D

Then again my main Ringtone is the theme from strider, so Gofig. :p

Dr. Bombay
04-29-2004, 11:10 AM
The black mages' version of the FF battle themes are almost always great. Those songs do sound wonderful if actual instruments are used.

But midi is the devil.

Vicviper
04-29-2004, 11:53 AM
Just wait until a girl/woman touches your emotions like that. Then WHAMO!!!! It's all over.
All I can say is that you better make sure when you do find that woman that she has a tolerance for your video gaming lifestyle. I've got the best of both worlds, I'm married to a great woman and she actually likes when I play video games because she can hang out in the bedroom and do what she wants(which I must say is watching crap TV).

Mishi
04-29-2004, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Bombay
The black mages' version of the FF battle themes are almost always great. Those songs do sound wonderful if actual instruments are used.

But midi is the devil.

their a band so they are using real instraments ;)

but uematsu does all that keyboard synth stuff,

Investor27
04-29-2004, 01:39 PM
Yeah! For me Square Enix changed my gaming life as well. I never liked rpgs when I was a child, but now that's pretty much all I play (rpgs, srpgs, adventure rpgs).

folken001
04-29-2004, 01:58 PM
Same here.

I bought a super famicon because of FFIV and bought a PSX because of FF7. I bought a PS2 knowing Square'll make another FF for it.

jeremy_aerts
04-29-2004, 02:50 PM
My parents were going through a really bad divorce when i was in 8th grade....and while i played games a bit before i needed to find some place to escape to. Some of my friends were talking about an upcoming game titled final fantasy 7. I was confused thinking i wouldn't understand it because there were 6 parts before and it was suppose to be some huge long ass story centric game. My friend's explained to me how each final fantasy was pretty much un-related. I was sick of coming home and listening to my parents fighting so it was heaven having to have the chance to escape to cloud's world.

gearhound
04-29-2004, 03:54 PM
square has released some outstanding games, and the music composed in those games is simply marvelous. final fantasy IV, VI, CHRONO TRIGGER, chrono cross, final fantasy tactics and vagrant story are games that can never be topped, and our some of my favorite games of all time.

Meshugana
04-29-2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Vicviper
Just wait until a girl/woman touches your emotions like that. Then WHAMO!!!! It's all over.
All I can say is that you better make sure when you do find that woman that she has a tolerance for your video gaming lifestyle. I've got the best of both worlds, I'm married to a great woman and she actually likes when I play video games because she can hang out in the bedroom and do what she wants(which I must say is watching crap TV).

exactly, same here, except im not married

TheHardware
04-29-2004, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Vicviper

well i have had the touch you describe in your post......but i guess ive not ben as lucky as you guys...they hate my gaming passion...ive heard things like.."i wish i was as passionate about something the way you are with music (i rap) and videogames"

then i realize...its not my fault your not passionate ..and the only thing that makes you happy is shopping...lol

@topic..im surprised to seeso many responses especially of the like.....

here are a few sites that have some music on em you can download free...and legal

lots of square music (http://bluelaguna.net/pages/selectmp3.php)

good stuff here as well lots of midis (http://ff.warcry.com/index.php/content/music_list.php)

Dreamkin
04-30-2004, 04:41 AM
Great stories, regardless of who tells it, will always have an audience. I don't want to glorify what we do here. But we are not only players or gamers or anything. We are art admirers. For what we need passion for videogames which may very well be the rennesaince art of the information age. We are gourmets of the food that feeds the soul. Be proud.

Preaching mode over...