PDA

View Full Version : Filipino girl shot for winning in a video game...

Overlord
08-01-2002, 04:39 AM
Allrpg.com:
The Phillipine Star recently reported that a young girl was shot in her left eye after teasing her friend about making a "subpar play" in a computer game at a near by computer shop. The young boy that killed her apparantly shot her with a home made gun.
Veronica Galang was shot by a schoolmate, who is still unknown to the police.

She was 17 years old.

Your Thoughts?

Black Ace
08-01-2002, 04:54 AM
Don't know what to say -- rather, I'm more concerned about today's youth.

Kid0_oIcarus
08-01-2002, 09:25 AM
Y3ah, I s4w that on gam3spot- just wh3n 0ver h4lf the gaming population is l0oking for more girl g4mers- th1s m0ron goes off and k1lls one.

Pe0ple can be r3ally stup1d sometimes. 4ll you gotta do is th1nk things through a little!

ATMA
08-01-2002, 12:40 PM
:too mad:

b0b
08-01-2002, 03:51 PM
all I have to say is the phillipinos better deal with this ass clown in a rather harsh manor. this isn't expectible at all, I've been extremely mad at people before playing games but I never wanted to kill them or acted on such an urge at the worse I'd go sock a hole in a wall or continually bash a controller as if the controller was the person I wanted to destroy that is acceptible social behavior it's called restriant this kids needs to be found, found guility as an adult and sent to death row or get executed plain and simple we can't have these overly sensitive walking pyschopaths playing games, now everyone's going to blame video games for him killing her when in fact he's just a massive ass clown that would of ended up killing some one even if video games weren't invovled. that's it this upset's me peace i'm out.

Vicviper
08-01-2002, 05:39 PM
I say cut his hands off and give him a good cain-ing with a bamboo stick. Then he will regret everyday using his own hands to kill.

aneep
08-02-2002, 03:46 AM
emm

just to point this out, extreme cases involving gaming is not new, there's a knifing incident in S. Korea before this because ok PKing in an online RPG game (and several similar cases)

this is just sad though, wish ppl would have more self control than this

-aneep-

Kid0_oIcarus
08-02-2002, 09:50 AM
y0u th1nk th1s has something r3lated to th0se peeps th4t get all mad and thr0w or break th3ir contr0llers 1n ang3r?
(Hmm.. maybe similar to those who manage to break their controllers in anger, when they lose or something..)

4nger man4gement, p3ople- le4rn s3lf contr0l...
(Suck it up- it's just a game)

l0n9 l1v3 l337 5p34|(!!!
(I have no idea...)

xXx Beaver xXx
08-03-2002, 09:38 AM
i am so shocked by this news, holy crap! wow, its amazing, just for winning a game...

- Triple X Beaver :spin smil