PDA

View Full Version : Okami, a new game from Capcom's new studio; clover studio.

ATMA
04-22-2004, 04:30 AM
From the Mainpage:

Capcom's Clover Studio has also announced a third game in development, called Okami, a "natural adventure" game with the concept of healing. The game will have Japanese ink painting style too-shaded graphics, in which you control a wolf type creature called Amaterasu to battle against the monsters and restore color to the world.It's expected to hit the Japanese market in 2005

http://the-magicbox.com/0404/clover08.jpg

http://the-magicbox.com/0404/clover07.jpg

Clover studio got a nice logo:
http://www.game-science.com/img/news/clover.gif

Lets see DMC, Viewtiful Joe, Panic Maker, Okami... that's 4 new franchises for this generation (You still have that Glass No Rose game) and people say that Capcom isn't doing a good job. There's very few developers that brought more than one new franchise this generation. I hope Capcom can recover from the red numbers this upcoming fiscal year.

Any thoughts?

Icarus4578
04-22-2004, 04:35 AM
Well the thing is that certain titles like that P.N.03 or whatever the hell it was called was pretty bad. Others though like Viewtiful Joe are good concepts and I'm glad to see Capcom making an effort to bring something new to the table while everybody else just does the same thing. This new title, Okami, looks promising. I'll hold my breath.

Decado
04-22-2004, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by ATMA
Lets see DMC, Viewtiful Joe, Panic Maker, Okami... that's 4 new franchises for this generation (You still have that Glass No Rose game) and people say that Capcom isn't doing a good job. There's very few developers that brought more than one new franchise this generation. I hope Capcom can recover from the red numbers this upcoming fiscal year.

Any thoughts? Don't forget Onimusha, Shadow of Rome and Killer7 (though I think we'd like[/b] to forget PN.O3) :)

The truth is that Capcom [i]hasn't been doing a good job this generation, overall. A few gems sprinkled in a big pile of dung.

That said, I think they have the most promising upcoming lineup of any company right now. Assuming they don't screw it up, and they have enough talent to make all these new IPs and sequels turn out well, Capcom will be laughin'. :)

I'm particularly interested in Viewtiful Joe 1/2 (PS2), Onimusha 3, Shadow of Rome, DMC3, TNBC, Okami, the Street Fighter compilation and a few more of the more outlandish game rumours. They've even picked up a few interesting titles from other developers like Crimson Tears and Way of the Samurai 2.

Pretty much all that is missing is a great upcoming RPG and/or SRPG. I can forgive them for sucking at racers :P

:clap:

ATMA
04-22-2004, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by Icarus4578
Well the thing is that certain titles like that P.N.03 or whatever the hell it was called was pretty bad.

Oh yeah I forgot that one and Killer 7. Probably cause I didn't get enough sleep or something, silly me. Anyways Whether the game was bad or good it was still an efford, and that is not something you see coming from developers these days. I thought PN 03 was pretty decent, but played it for a short time. I might pick it up if the price goes down. (Here in Europe they sell it for 68 euros) that's like $70 and you guys don't even pay that much for a Japanese import game, imagine how the Pal gamers must feel when they saw the price of PN 03.

Back on Topic, I have to give credits to Capcom, because dispite they like to milk, they still manage to create some great games, and they got a lot of great games coming up. Matter affect right now my attention is fully on Capcom and not even on Sega as I don't know much what Sega is bringing for the future and Capcom's line up looks good.

Decado
04-22-2004, 04:45 AM
Oh, and I forgot Monster Hunter. It seemed like an ambitious game. I guess it makes up for Resident Evil Outbreak...kinda :donno:

ATMA
04-22-2004, 04:46 AM
Monster Hunter is doing pretty good in Japan so is R.E Outbreak. And you have issues with R.E: O. Japanese people are pointing and laughing at you "Iwas Decado"

Icarus4578
04-22-2004, 04:46 AM
Let's not forget Mega Man Collection which should rock. And I hope they produce sequels to Darkstalkers and Breath of Fire soon.

ATMA
04-22-2004, 04:48 AM
Ah crap I forgot the Megaman collection which is a title i'm SO looking forward to. **** this, Capcom is doing a good job. I've seen the light while replying to you gamers with no social lives. OMG Capcom will own this year. flap flap flap flap.

Icarus4578
04-22-2004, 04:50 AM
Ha! That's what you think. I have a social life, but I most often prefer to be left alone because that's how I like it. :cool:

Not everybody is living under a rock ATMA.

ATMA
04-22-2004, 04:52 AM
Originally posted by Icarus4578
Ha! That's what you think. I have a social life

LIES!11!!.

ps:You know me Icarus, when I get excited, I act like a kid.

Decado
04-22-2004, 04:52 AM
Monster Hunter is doing pretty good in Japan so is R.E Outbreak. And you have issues with R.E: O. Japanese people are pointing and laughing at you "Iwas Decado" So what? The game is doing well over here, too...but it is still crap. It is one of the more blatent cash-ins I've seen in a while.

Icarus4578
04-22-2004, 04:55 AM
And yet that didn't prevent you from purchasing FFX-2. :D

ATMA
04-22-2004, 04:55 AM
Oh that could be the case, I never cared for that game anyways. :D I was just teasing you Decado.

Decado
04-22-2004, 05:01 AM
No worries. :)

RE:Outbreak is still crap, though ;)

GodOfCookery
04-22-2004, 05:20 AM
Hmm don't know what to make of Okami the screens don't tell anything, could be pretty screwed. Oh well lets see if Crapcom can stay to its name or not :). Btw you all forgot to mention that misserable Chaos Legion (which was a new franchise, too)

discomfort wings
04-22-2004, 03:45 PM
The game will have Japanese ink painting style too-shaded graphics, in which you control a wolf type creature called Amaterasu to battle against the monsters and restore color to the world.

That alone is making me drool all over. This is for the cube right?

Tofu
04-22-2004, 06:17 PM
Wow, that's probably the first time Amaterasu (japanese goddess of sun) got into a video game - expect some heave eathquakes ;) Why did they made her into a wolf though? :confused:

ATMA
04-23-2004, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by discomfort wings
That alone is making me drool all over. This is for the cube right?

Enter the Sony section= This is for the ps2 ;)

discomfort wings
04-23-2004, 04:10 AM
Your bursting my bubbles. :( Gamecube at least should get a port of it.....

Mainstreme Fan
04-23-2004, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by discomfort wings
Your bursting my bubbles. :( Gamecube at least should get a port of it.....

The guy who runs capcom is a sony asskisser. He too dumb to relize he can make more money if he port it over to the GC.

discomfort wings
04-23-2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Mainstreme Fan
The guy who runs capcom is a sony asskisser. He too dumb to relize he can make more money if he port it over to the GC.

But why is the innovative Capcom 5 titles for gamecube only? Well, originally anyways. Okami sounds original and refreshing, it should only be on gamecube. It won't sell as good on a mainstream console. That is why I think okami should be on gamecube. And partly is because my ps2 is half broken.

Decado
04-23-2004, 04:17 PM
The guy who runs capcom is a sony asskisser. He too dumb to relize he can make more money if he port it over to the GC. And you're too dumb to realize they won't :rolleyes:

Meshugana
04-24-2004, 06:07 AM
does anyone even know if this is coming to america

ATMA
04-24-2004, 06:11 AM
Nothing has been mentioned yet. Maybe it won't as the culture barrier might be too big, but then again Capcom could say **** it and bring it over. But nothing has been confirmed for a US release yet.

Mainstreme Fan
04-25-2004, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Decado
And you're too dumb to realize they won't :rolleyes:

And your too dumb period.

Decado
04-25-2004, 11:35 PM
And your too dumb period. :lol:

No-one is too dumb compared to you.

Meshugana
04-25-2004, 11:40 PM
this is awesome *sits back and watches the childish banter* next post try to incorporate the whole im rubber your glue thing.....

Decado
04-25-2004, 11:58 PM
:lol:

Oh come on and relax. Childish banter (even on a forum) can do you good sometimes :P

Mishi
04-26-2004, 03:42 AM
The game will have Japanese ink painting style too-shaded graphics, in which you control a wolf type creature called Amaterasu to battle against the monsters and restore color to the world.

yeah i wanna see how this game looks and plays o.o'' i love the artsy stuff

GodOfCookery
04-26-2004, 04:50 AM
Hmm I'm not sure if this title will sell at all it looks way too artistic and its hard to say what you actually control in the mist of artisty. I'm having great fears that this won't be very playable.

ATMA
04-26-2004, 05:08 PM
I think there is a big chance it will stay in Japan. Culture barrier issues. And usually those "artistic" games are the ones that stays in Japan.