PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth purchasing RE: breakout for single player mode only??

Black_Dragon
04-12-2004, 08:39 PM
Hi guys,

Would you folks buy Resident Evil: breakout if u couldn't play it offline? Cause I don't have broadband and on our island, considering the steep prices, I won't get any soon either. So is the single player mode worth shelling out the bucks for?
Thanks in advance.

SpaceManSpiff
04-13-2004, 12:02 AM
Well I have it, and have not had time to try it out online. I tried it for like 10 min on single player though. Will play lots more later when I have time. But if the rest of the one player mode is anything like the 10 min I played then I would say no. First off, the gameplay is no different than say, RE:1 just better graphics, so your not really gonna get much new out of the 1 player mode. And 2nd, the computer characters that are supposed to act as real players are annoying as hell! They just keep yelling out stuff all the time, like every 5 sec. None of it makes any sense, all I did was follow them. So only get it if you are a super hard core RE fan, or if you are gonna play online.

TheHardware
04-13-2004, 08:36 PM
i would halfta say...NO....i dont think sony or any company making games for the ps2 has made a game worth playing offline over online...socom 2 offline is only good until you get the secret stuff to use online.....then you never play onffline again.......ffonline..is only online........champions of norrath..is extremly fustrating online..offline is great though..........with the exception being TMB....but thats a seperat game disk altogether......

R.E outbreak suffers from this as well...offline mere distraction till you get online make friends and play there for all time...sony will get it right though...i hope...with gt4