PDA

View Full Version : playstation fighters


japanifan
07-29-2002, 09:29 AM
where are all the playstation 2 fighters? the PSone had heaps of great fighters so where are they now?
i want my KOF and SF3 and marvel VS capcom 2 where the heck are the fighters. also wheres the arcade stick sony so i can play the only three good fighters availiable outside japan ( GGX, CvsSNK and VF4)

Rubeus
07-29-2002, 11:06 AM
Marvel Vs Capcom 2 and The King of Fighters 2001 are coming to PS2. As for the lack of fighting games, it is because the fighting game genre has been going downhill all the time, it's not all that popular now-a-days. If you want fighting games, you can always play the PSone fighting games on your PS2.

Torment
07-29-2002, 11:22 AM
PS2 has Tekken tag,Dead or alive 2,virtua fighter 4,Capcom vs snk 2,Tekken 4,Soul calibur 2(coming next year),Jojo's bizarre adventure,SFEX3 and Guilty gear X.Kof 2000 and 2001 also will be released.:cool guy:

aneep
07-29-2002, 02:05 PM
DC is the king of 3d fighters :)
though with DC demise, i think we will see the bulk of those jumping to the PS2

cheers

now the only areas Dc still have over PS2 is dating sims :)

-aneep-

IHZer0
07-29-2002, 02:38 PM
Jojo is an adventure game, last I heard.

aneep
07-30-2002, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by aneep
DC is the king of 3d fighters :)
though with DC demise, i think we will see the bulk of those jumping to the PS2

cheers

now the only areas Dc still have over PS2 is dating sims :)

-aneep-

edit

i meant DC is king of 2d fighters

and Jojo on DC/PS was a 2d fighter game, though i'm not sure about the new Jojo title for the PS2

-aneep-

Black Sugar
07-30-2002, 08:01 PM
The new Jojo Adventure his definitly a beat em'up adventure game.

And you guys forget to mention new GGXX coming up on PS2 !

Kamui
08-03-2002, 10:01 PM
Also is almost certain that the new VS series game from Capcom will be released on the PS2, and Playmore new games like KOF 2002, Rage of the Dragons and SNK VS Capcom - Duel of titans 2002. Don't worry, the sony beast is the system of choice for 2-D fighting games.
As another subject: DC KOF 2000 - 26/40 Famitsu. I am starting to doubt Playmore's ability to port SNK games. KOF 98 - PS were 32/40, and I think that FF: Dominated Mind gained 34/40. Yumekobo is part of the Playmore or is still Aruze property like Sacnoth?

xXx Beaver xXx
08-03-2002, 10:28 PM
Tekken 4 should make us happy, I can't wait until it comes out over here! The Bouncer was a bit of a flop, though.





- Triple X Beaver :spin smil

Rubeus
08-09-2002, 01:05 AM
That's why the whole Bouncer team got fired and picked up by Microsoft.

Originally posted by xXx Beaver xXx
Tekken 4 should make us happy, I can't wait until it comes out over here! The Bouncer was a bit of a flop, though.





- Triple X Beaver :spin smil

aneep
08-09-2002, 10:32 PM
That's why the whole Bouncer team got fired and picked up by Microsoft


haha, sure they did ;)

don't worry, some of the tech developed during The Bouncer production will make its way into future Squaresoft games (the animation system, etc)

-aneep-

Vash
08-10-2002, 01:34 AM
i personally cant wait to be able to play Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 again ...

capcom needs to make a Marvel vs. DC

folken001
08-10-2002, 05:50 PM
DC used to be the console for me for fighting games. It had changed since CvS2 came out for PS2.

Soon enough MvC2 will be out for PS2 soon. GGXX, KOF2001, Tekken 4 and Soul Calibur 2 will also be worthy titles to get. PS2 will be the console for fighting genre...

IHZer0
08-10-2002, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by folken001
DC used to be the console for me for fighting games. It had changed since CvS2 came out for PS2.

Soon enough MvC2 will be out for PS2 soon. GGXX, KOF2001, Tekken 4 and Soul Calibur 2 will also be worthy titles to get. PS2 will be the console for fighting genre...

If you Import, that shouldn't be the case.

KoF98-99-2K-2K1, LB2, SF3 DI-TS, SFA3, MotW, CvsS 1-Pro-2, MvsC 1-2, Vampire Chronicles, SSF2T, and GGX. All for DC, either already out or planned.

KoF2K-2K1, CvsS2, MvsC2, GGX-XX. That's it for PS2.

DC is still king over PS2 for 2D fighters.

HFIL
08-10-2002, 09:47 PM
Actually the bouncer people were just finished with their project when M$ asked them 2 do A graphics demo.. not an actual game.. at the time they probably thought that they would get signed for another project @ square.. (even if the bouncer sucked..) but MS gave them a shitload of money so alot of them left square.. they wern't "fired"

folken001
08-11-2002, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by IHZer0


If you Import, that shouldn't be the case.

KoF98-99-2K-2K1, LB2, SF3 DI-TS, SFA3, MotW, CvsS 1-Pro-2, MvsC 1-2, Vampire Chronicles, SSF2T, and GGX. All for DC, either already out or planned.

KoF2K-2K1, CvsS2, MvsC2, GGX-XX. That's it for PS2.

DC is still king over PS2 for 2D fighters.

I hate to disgree but if you are trying to use the # of fighting game to prove which one is the console for 2D fighting, PSX would be the king of 2D fighter.

PSX has kof series up to year 99, samurai showdown 1, 2 (3 maybe?) last blade 1 (2 also?), SFST, SFA, SFA2, SFA3, Vampire seires 2 and 3 and a collection, CvS pro, MVS, Xmen vs SF, and many other 3rd party 2D fighting games. (example, asuka's 120 percent burning fist..)

DC is in the past already. I wonder how many people out there are actually playing MOTW days in and out. I am not saying DC is a bad console but time has passed on and now is PS2's time to be the king of 2D fighters.

aneep
08-11-2002, 03:52 PM
i think what IHZer0 (and me) means is that DC is the current king of 2d fighters with all the notable 2d fighters availabe on it

PSX was once it, and PS2 is looking to replace the DC as the console to get for 2d fighters (after Sega abandoned DC, SNK and Capcom will go for home release on the PS2 obviously)

for now, DC is still the console to get for 2d fighter lovers


HFIL
MS hired them to do a tech demo that evolved into this Kakuto Chojin game

and The Bouncer was pretty much a tech demo for Square too, most of the tech develop while doing that are going to be reused in future Square games (FYI, Square just reused old PSX era roaming code for FFX, tech develop while doing The Bouncer will replace that for example)

and i was being sarcastic while responding to 3x Beaver ;)

-aneep-

IHZer0
08-11-2002, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by aneep
i think what IHZer0 (and me) means is that DC is the current king of 2d fighters with all the notable 2d fighters availabe on it

PSX was once it, and PS2 is looking to replace the DC as the console to get for 2d fighters (after Sega abandoned DC, SNK and Capcom will go for home release on the PS2 obviously)

for now, DC is still the console to get for 2d fighter lovers
-aneep-

PS was never "it" for 2D Fighters.

All those fighters I named on DC were all ported almost arcade perfect, give or take. All those that were on PS were NEVER ported well. The only one enjoyable at ALL to play on PS is SFA3, and I personally don't like that game anymore.

If you can't afford any of SNK's systems, the only two systems you need for your 2D fighting needs is Saturn and DC.

KoF95-96-97, SS3-4, FF3, MSH, MSHvsSF, XM, XMvsSF, PF, RBFF, RBFFS, SFA, SFA2, SFA3, SFC, SFC2, NW, VS, and a few others, too. All of them BETTER than the PS versions.

Edit:
That message was more of a reply to folken

Kamui
08-11-2002, 11:28 PM
IHZerO, it's true that the saturn were a better system to 2-D fighters, but say that ALL the saturn ports were better and none PS port were good is a huge mistake to say. Real Bout: Dominated Mind is vastly superior to the RB:FF saturn port and is almost a perfect port of the Neo-Geo. Samurai Spirits 4 saturn is plagued with serious slowdown, and again the PS port is better ( not that it was perfect port, far from it, but still....), PS KOF 98 is a excellent port, along with SFA3. On the other side, most of non-ram cart games on the saturn were trash ( Fatal Fury 3, Ragnagard, Figthers History Dynamite, SFZ). I still saying that if the saturn didn't have the ram cart, the PS and Saturn ports were to be much like the same and if you want a 2-D fighter system, get a Neo-Geo.

IHZer0
08-12-2002, 12:26 AM
To be honest, all of those you mentioned, I could not vouch for them personally. But I do not see what's so wrong about the port of SFA. It played EXACTLY the same to me. And look just as good.

folken001
08-12-2002, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by IHZer0


PS was never "it" for 2D Fighters.

All those fighters I named on DC were all ported almost arcade perfect, give or take. All those that were on PS were NEVER ported well. The only one enjoyable at ALL to play on PS is SFA3, and I personally don't like that game anymore.

If you can't afford any of SNK's systems, the only two systems you need for your 2D fighting needs is Saturn and DC.

KoF95-96-97, SS3-4, FF3, MSH, MSHvsSF, XM, XMvsSF, PF, RBFF, RBFFS, SFA, SFA2, SFA3, SFC, SFC2, NW, VS, and a few others, too. All of them BETTER than the PS versions.

Edit:
That message was more of a reply to folken

Back in the days, I played all my 2D fighters on PSX. I decided back then not to buy another SEGA console even though I did buy DC. With Saturn, you needed to buy RAM to play games like Marvel Vs SF. And most of SNK games on DC were hardly arcade perfect. It was mostly SNK's fault for sucky programming but still.

I agree you might be right that DC "IS" still the king of 2D fighters but that will be change very soon.

IHZer0
08-12-2002, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by folken001


Back in the days, I played all my 2D fighters on PSX. I decided back then not to buy another SEGA console even though I did buy DC. With Saturn, you needed to buy RAM to play games like Marvel Vs SF. And most of SNK games on DC were hardly arcade perfect. It was mostly SNK's fault for sucky programming but still.

I agree you might be right that DC "IS" still the king of 2D fighters but that will be change very soon.

Honestly, I hope it does. Cuz I don't like the fact that our older consoles are where we have to go to get some proper gaming done. Doesn't say much for future gaming, ya know?

Personally, I dislike the GG series, so pretty much the only 2D fighters I want for PS2 are CvsS2, KoF2K, and KoF2K1. Since MvsC2 is being ported, I'm hoping SF3:TS will be ported as well.

japanifan
08-22-2002, 11:16 AM
mmmmmmm third strike the best fighting game ever.

Necro ??
08-23-2002, 03:28 AM
Don't forget Mortal Kombat 5. :D

Reguardless of how the last two have been. i am looking forword to this new one. ;)