PDA

View Full Version : La Pucelle:Tactics May 4 2004

theused
04-03-2004, 03:37 AM
http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/lapucelletactics_033104_inline_01_1080730418.jpg

http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/lapucelletactics_033104_inline_02_1080730628.jpg

http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/lapucelletactics_033104_inline_03_1080730764.jpg

While not an official sequel or follow-up to Disgaea, La Pucelle: Tactics does manage to share a number of similarities to Hour of Darkness and even references some of the same situations that could be interpreted as a link between the two. Taking place in the same world as the PlayStation RPG Rhapsody as well as the other Marl Kingdom titles, La Pucelle definitely focuses on its storyline much more than Disgaea did. In fact, Tactics is so filled with dialogue and interruptions between battles, it makes the adventures of Laharl and friends seem like a brief jaunt through an informational pamphlet. It's that plot-heavy.

With such a small amount of literature regarding the game floating around out there, and even fewer American inquisitors actually in possession of translated English builds, very little of La Pucelle's storyline has been revealed until now. But since we had the opportunity to give the game a go for ourselves in good old-fashioned and unfiltered Western-speak, everything is finally becoming a bit clearer.

As the adventure begins, we're introduced to a triad of young demon hunters conversing on the outskirts of The Church of the Holy Maiden. Calling themselves Servants of the Holy Goddess Poitreene, the young collection of evil fighters belong to an elite monster hunting unit known as La Pucelle (which essentially means "The Virgin"). Led by their teacher and resident amnesiac hottie, Sister Alouette, the squad boasts a pair of young siblings. The first sibling, a boy named Culotte, is a bashful well-intentioned follower with an obvious crush on their teacher. Sibling number two, on the other hand, is La Pucelle's main character and all around ambitious hothead Sister Prier. Determined to become the next "Maiden of Light," Prier has made a name for herself among her peers as someone who jumps into battle headfirst with little regard for the consequences. Raise your hand if you can smell the foreshadowing.

:spinface: Hip Hip Horray La Pucelle is coming next month

GodOfCookery
04-05-2004, 04:14 AM
BOW YOUR HEAD!

Mishi
04-05-2004, 04:20 AM
when does the actual sequel to disgaea come out ? or has it already for us ?

Axe Wielding Nut
04-05-2004, 04:25 AM
Originally posted by Mishi
when does the actual sequel to disgaea come out ? or has it already for us ?

don't be an asshair grabber, remove the thought of a sequal from your brain

for all purposes intended, this is the prequal, and phantom brave is the sequel

they work in the same universe, different dimensions tho... like for example Pierre, the secret boss in Disgaea should be in this game..

I don't think Nippon Ichi actually intends to create any sequals at all, but simply several games in the game universe using similar but enhanced versions of the same engine... which is FINE with me since I love this engine and the universe its in

I am SO going to beat grannies for the cash I need to GET THIS GAME

Alucard
04-05-2004, 06:09 AM
Joooooooy!!

gearhound1
04-05-2004, 10:31 PM
yeah, another crap title from nippon. woo hoo

Axe Wielding Nut
04-05-2004, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by gearhound
yeah, another crap title from nippon. woo hoo

BY MY HAND YOU SHALL PERISH!:too mad:

gearhound1
04-06-2004, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by Gorath the Destroyer
BY MY HAND YOU SHALL PERISH!:too mad:

:lol:

you know i'm kidding

Axe Wielding Nut
04-06-2004, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by gearhound
:lol:

you know i'm kidding

no **** sherlock... reminds me of the time Spliffmanspace was talking trash about how Dynasty Warriors was the worst series ever and ****..

the day I take any of you seriously is the day the fiery penguins from the pits of the inferno come to relocate my properties to the real hell that is located in Newark, NJ

Mishi
04-06-2004, 02:31 AM
damn i'm in real hell atm.
you go to njit or rutgers.?

Axe Wielding Nut
04-06-2004, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by Mishi
damn i'm in real hell atm.
you go to njit or rutgers.?

what makes you think i go to either? Newark is the arm pit of the planet bub! I study in the city