PDA

View Full Version : Will ps2 ever get Crazy taxi 3?

Torment
07-27-2002, 01:30 AM
I would like the game to be released on the ps2.What are the chances of the game appearing on the ps2?
I know ps2 could handle CT3 just as good as the XBOX does.

WickedBoy
07-27-2002, 07:24 AM
I dont care, Crazy taxi sucks big time!; but its very likely a port for the PS2 in the near future.

Torment
07-27-2002, 12:35 PM
I just love the series.It has good music,fun gameplay and all those minigame challenges.
From what i heard CT3 on XBOX isn't very impressive as far as graphics are concerned.But the tweaked west coast stage and the small apple stage along with the new glitter oasis stage are very cool.I played the game at my friend's house.Its awesome;)

aneep
07-27-2002, 02:56 PM
in the press release for the game, it was stated as an exclusive

but since the graphics were hardly mindblowing anyway, i think it is destined to be a multiplatform game

i like the series though

-aneep-

Black Ace
07-27-2002, 06:13 PM
Crazy Taxi was fun when it first came out, but the series shouldn't have spawned this much sequels.

Necro ??
07-28-2002, 08:55 PM
Crazy Taxi may be going on something else. I was looking in sale papers and it was the only game i saw "x-box excluive" stamped on it.

HFIL
07-28-2002, 10:01 PM
Well the on screen poly counts are on the high side for the ps2 to keep a high frame rate.. and they would have to cut out some of the specail effects like blur effects and the fire effects on the tire are actually using some xbox effects.. (but they could replace them w/ something else since they aren't that important..) they might release it on another system.. but I really don't think its going to happen since crazy taxi didn't do all that great on either the ps2 or GC

Rubeus
07-29-2002, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by aneep
in the press release for the game, it was stated as an exclusive

but since the graphics were hardly mindblowing anyway, i think it is destined to be a multiplatform game

i like the series though

-aneep-

It depends on how Sega and MS agree on the terms, it could be exclusive for a certain time of period, or exclusive to Xbox only.

Torment
07-29-2002, 10:53 PM
The crazy taxi series was very cool when it first started out but after CT2,some people got tired of the series saying that it was no different from the original other than the crazy hop feature.But i find CT2 pretty good and different enough from the first game.The feel of the cities were also very different.The main complain most people have concerning the 2nd game is that it was a little too hard and it does not have the "pick up and play" aspect of the 1st game.The cities were too congested with traffic and there are too many turns which i find challenging.The 2 cities in CT2 were also not as spaced out as the original game even though they seem bigger.

But CT3 somewhat redeems the fun of the CT series.The new stage is very huge and spaced out as well as the modified and improved west coast stage and the small apple stage from the first 2 games.

As for the graphics,its nothing too special for an XBOX game and it could be done on the ps2 as well as the gamecube.
Acclaim ported the 1st crazy taxi to the ps2 and it lacked the smooothness of the DC version but still looked good.I feel that the port was rushed and if the port was done by sega,it could have been better.Ps2 supports AA but its up to the developers to take advantage of it.There are ps2 games which have zero jaggies.And also i think that the ps2 haven't been pushed to its limits yet.

Rubeus
07-30-2002, 09:34 AM
Well there is still a chance for a PS2 port, because Sega is going to release 42 games for PS2 this year!

CodeNameRaiden
07-31-2002, 01:03 AM
I think Crazy Taxi sucks. Sega should focus on making all of their games on the PS2 top notch.

xXx Beaver xXx
08-03-2002, 09:23 AM
it sucks a$$ anyways, who wants it? not me!

- Triple X Beaver :spin smil

Zod
08-03-2002, 09:28 AM
I agree with the consensus that it sucks and won't be missed.

xXx Beaver xXx
08-03-2002, 09:43 AM
me and nod are friends, cant u tell?

Zod
08-03-2002, 09:44 AM
You are apparently very very bored.

xXx Beaver xXx
08-03-2002, 09:46 AM
and u aren't?

all the hentai channels are overloaded at this hour.
im bored, not feeling very refreshed.