PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Quest V

jeremy_aerts
03-25-2004, 02:24 PM
Square Enix released Dragon Quest V today and is being sold in stores throughout Japan. The original DQ5 was released in 1992 for the Super FamiCom and sold over 2.8 million copies. The PS2 remake has got great attention from fans as it has been in Famitsu's Top 5 most wanted games for several weeks now.

In Shinjuku, a store opened an hour and a half eariler, at 8:30am, so that fans could get the game as soon as possible. There were 40 people waiting in line outside the store before it had even opened. The store actually set up a seperate cash register for DQ5 sales alone so that congestion could be avoided and gamers could go back home or to work to play the new game. Dragon Quest V's strategy guide book was also available for sale. Apparently, fans have been coming in consistently today in order to purchase the title.

In Akihabara, a store opened an hour earlier at 9:00am. Seven people were seen outside waiting for the title at 7:00am, and by 9:00am there were roughly 20 people in the store purchasing the title. Dragon Quest V is expected to sell well in Japan. More details on the quantities shipped to stores and first sales estimates should arrive within a day or two. Both stores had the Dragon Quest theme song running so as to create the mood of buying the game.

source: squareinsider.com

Wow....this game looks to sell good!! especially considering it's only a remake!!!

gabriel
03-25-2004, 08:08 PM
20 people in one store!? OMG, we've got a million seller on our hands!1!11

Edit: I do in fact like Dragon Quest, is this one coming out in NA?

jeremy_aerts
03-26-2004, 12:24 AM
This one is coming out in NA but i'm not sure of the exact realease date....i would say probably around 6 months from now or so.

GodOfCookery
03-26-2004, 05:20 AM
Hmm that's nothing against the DQ V sells in the times back of SNES. According to some urban legends even some japanese schools gave their pupils free time for buying DQ V at that time because they knew they wouldn't come anyway.