PDA

View Full Version : All time favorite games

Black Ace
07-25-2002, 10:38 PM
I'm a big fan of the classic frantic action shooter Contra series. It is no exception my all time favorite game, Contra for NES and Contra 3: The Alien Wars are some of the best games ever concieved. Contra 3 to me, is the finest in my gaming memories.

ATMA
07-26-2002, 11:30 AM
Uhm on a classic console i have to say SUPER METROID!:cool guy:

Contra was also a great one (remember that skeleton that came from the background i think at the end of stage 3 )

Rubeus
07-26-2002, 06:02 PM
My current favorites of all time:

Plotting / Flipull
Final Fantasy X
Ridge Racer V
Super Mario Bros. 2 (aka Super Mario Advance 1)
Street Fighter Alpha 3

Black Ace
07-26-2002, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by ATMA
Uhm on a classic console i have to say SUPER METROID!:cool guy:

Contra was also a great one (remember that skeleton that came from the background i think at the end of stage 3 )

Yes I remember that. The robot ripped the wall opened right after you just defeat two bosses. He's pretty fast to killed if you got the weapon F or C.

Mike
07-28-2002, 02:05 AM
Thats really hard to pick one but i would have to say Zelda OoT. The game was epic and i still play it today.

japanifan
07-29-2002, 11:22 AM
my god people need i say anything more than street fighter 2?

Kid0_oIcarus
07-29-2002, 12:17 PM
Whoa. Favorite fighting game of all time? That's a toughie.

I'll say this though, do not forget River City Ransom.

Fish
07-29-2002, 01:24 PM
My faorite game of all time is Super Mario1
Noone can ever top that!:D

Kid0_oIcarus
07-29-2002, 01:44 PM
I beg to differ - Super Mario Bros. 3!

Fish
07-30-2002, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by Kid0_oIcarus
I beg to differ - Super Mario Bros. 3!

:) I think Super Mario Bros3 is the second best game.... SMB1 is been my favorite game ever since i got it(that been over 10years)
:big smile

HFIL
07-30-2002, 04:03 PM
Uhhh thats hard 2 answer...

Mortal kombat 2, Virtua Fighter 2, Mario64, Armored core 2, JSRF, HALO, bust-a-move 4, Pokemon-Puzzle league, Sonic CD, Mario World, Contra 3: Alien Wars, FF7, F-zero(snes version), Project Justice: Rival schools 2, Shadowrun, FF tactics,... I could go on and on.. I really don't have a very FAV game.. but there are alot of games that I love..

xXx Beaver xXx
08-03-2002, 10:12 AM
super mario brothers and duck hunt! :D

- Triple X Beaver :spin smil

gabriel
08-05-2002, 12:19 PM
SNES - Zelda : A Link to the Past, Earthbound, Super Mario World
PSX - Star Ocean 2, Suikoden 1 & 2, Final Fantasy 7
N64 - Mario 64, Zelda : OoT
Dreamcast - Shenmue, Jet Grind Radio
PS2 - Grand Theft Auto 3, King's Field : The Ancient City

If I had to really narrow it down I'd say either Super Mario World, Link to the Past, or FF7.

Nindalf
08-05-2002, 12:21 PM
I think that Super Mario Bros. 1 is the best game ever!

Black Ace
08-05-2002, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by NiN
I think that Super Mario Bros. 1 is the best game ever!

IMO, I think that's one of the worst Mario game ever to come out. Incredibly sluggish control. Mario Bros. 3 is Mario's shining moments.

Nindalf
08-05-2002, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Bill

IMO, I think that's one of the worst Mario game ever to come out. Incredibly sluggish control. Mario Bros. 3 is Mario's shining moments.

That was pretty harsh wasen?t it?
it was one of the first NES games(or was is the first can?t remember)so you couldn?t expect mutch more...i admo
it SMB3 was probaly better looking and had better controls but no game EVER can be better(atlea?st from my point of view)

Kid0_oIcarus
08-05-2002, 02:27 PM
Yeah but in SMB3 you had the suits, my man- the suits!! It was cr4zy!!

I love that game.

Nindalf
08-06-2002, 02:16 PM
yeah...i admit that the suits were great!(my favorites are the racoon,frog and the one place where mario could go inside that boot!that was fun)But SMB1 atleast had fireflower that was cool...who am i kidding... ???

But anyway SMB1 is my favorite game

Kid0_oIcarus
08-06-2002, 02:40 PM
That's cool- it WAS the first of the series after all...

Nindalf
08-06-2002, 03:38 PM
Hey kid0_oIcarus... you ever played the classic arcade marios(those that had Donkey kong in them?)

i like them too

Kid0_oIcarus
08-06-2002, 04:47 PM
A long time ago yeah. My dentist used to have several consoles where you could play videogames while you waited. I remember this game being very hard.. you had severely limited movement but it was fun nonetheless.

It was awesome- that's where I learned about that cr4zy veggie catching game for SNES.. I forgot what's it's called now.. that was fun.

Penance
08-27-2002, 11:55 PM
This has been done. (http://www.the-magicbox.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=306) Twice. (http://www.the-magicbox.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=304)

Kid0_oIcarus
08-28-2002, 09:07 AM
Hmm.. well, the first one doesn't really apply... because it's asking for your opinion on the greatest vg of all time.. while this one is asking for your favorite game of all time... not necessarily the same thing

But there is a striking similarity between this thread and that second one there....

Very interesting...

Necro ??
08-28-2002, 11:46 AM
Final Fantasy 1 and Shenmue have always been my fav.Tey are uber fun. :cool guy:

Vash
08-30-2002, 01:50 PM
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night = best ... game ... ever

Nindalf
08-30-2002, 01:55 PM
Has anyone ever played football game called Tecmo Cup? (NES)
That was my favorite sport game of all times(well that and Nintendo World Cup!)

I havent met anyone who has this game and probably most of those who has it dont like it but i love it!

Black Ace
08-30-2002, 02:03 PM
Is that like Tecmo Bowl?

Nindalf
08-30-2002, 02:09 PM
I dont know what Tecmo bowl is

Tecmo Cup is unlike most football games...
For example when you have the ball and you run to make a goal then like 1-5dudes try to sop you and then you must choose from optons do you want to pass or shoot or that kind of things

Its really fun game!

happyokay
08-31-2002, 03:21 PM
Master of Orion 2 is one of my all-time favs.

Black Sugar
09-03-2002, 10:13 PM
NES
RC PRO-AM. Super Mario Bros 3

SNES
Mario Kart. F-Zero

PSONE
Final Fantasy Tactics. Wipeout XL. FFVII

DREAMCAST
Jet Set Radio. Power Stone

mxgame
09-06-2002, 03:07 PM
Starcraft-the ultimate time destroying device sent to eath by aliens.

Black Ace
09-06-2002, 05:19 PM
Anyone ever play that shooting game Einhander or whatever by Squaresoft? I loved that game.

ATMA
09-08-2002, 02:01 PM
Well Super Metroid was my favourite but now i got a new one ..and it took about almost a decade to happend my new all time favourite game is :XENOGEARS !!

IMO a perfect game (deffently on the story side) ..:D

crazytaxinext
09-10-2002, 11:08 AM
Easily at the moment my favourite game is Panzer Dragoon Saga

sontawila
09-22-2002, 03:57 AM
I like to play pikmin all the time and super smash bros melee

Kid0_oIcarus
09-22-2002, 11:22 AM
Pikmin eh? I haven't beaten that game yet -_-

Stupid annoying last boss..

What's the shortest time you've beaten it in?

Aika
09-22-2002, 02:50 PM
Well...let me see..favourite games of all time.

Street Fighter 3 3rd strike,Dead or Alive series,Resident Evil series,Grandia 2 and Rockman series:)

sontawila
09-23-2002, 04:17 AM
pikmin last boss is very annoying as u say and it took me to long to beaten it all because it stare it me for a long time befor it attack me but win I find the perfect way I enjoy killing it like a pig :D

Kid0_oIcarus
09-23-2002, 09:13 AM
Yeah I still haven't beaten it.. I tried again last night.. that thing is so annoying...

What's your strategy for beating the thing? It always kills me by stomping on my little guys after I get it down to half it's HP... either that or I always run out of time....

Nindalf
09-23-2002, 09:26 AM
SPOILER(i think:confused: )
Here?s how i beat it:Take about 40-50yellow Pikmins(They can be thrown higher)After you get him to come out of ground just run around it and when you get on side of it throw themi in his head.

When he shakes them off call them back and do it all over again.
When it starts to jump in the air just run around the area and when it lands it probably jumps again(Watch the shadow...you will see where it lands) so when it stops jumpping go and throw pikmins its face!Thats how i beated it...took me 3times though!

END SPOILER(probably??? )

Kid0_oIcarus
09-23-2002, 10:01 AM
Thanks Nin, I'll have another go at it when I get home.

Lousy stinking lass boss... ugly looking mofo too.

Gynoug
10-01-2002, 02:57 AM
My favorite games is Gradius III from SNES. In second, i can list Panzer Dragoon Zwei (SAT).

:)

Black Ace
10-01-2002, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by Gynoug
My favorite games is Gradius III from SNES. In second, i can list Panzer Dragoon Zwei (SAT).

:)

Gradius III was ok. Kinda boring if you ask me.

Gynoug
10-01-2002, 04:35 AM
Yeah, i know that this kind of game is considered just a sux for 99% of gamers. But i love it. Nothing in whole world could do i think different.

Sorry for your opnion of my favorite game....:crying:

baratus
10-06-2002, 01:54 AM
One of my favorite game ever is Vagrant Story. Oh, and Super Metroid too.:spinface:

Mr Mort
10-06-2002, 02:48 AM
NES: Super Mario 3, Castlevania 3, Ninja Gaiden II
Snes: Contra III, Super Metroid
Genesis: Streets of Rage 2, Contra: Hard Corps
Saturn: Thunderforce V
PSX: WipeOut 3, Raystorm, Castlevania Sotn
N64: F-Zero X and Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness

But my fave game of all time is definately Street Fighter Zero 3 for the Sega Saturn. Fighting bliss!

Drunken Savior
10-06-2002, 06:35 AM
Of all time: Chrono Trigger...without a doubt....Chrono Trigger consumed my life for a good period of time.

Other classics: Duck Hunt, Time Crisis (No thought NEEDED!), and Silent Hill.

Sevket
10-07-2002, 12:56 AM
I think the greatest game ever is Metal Gear Solid for PSX. Perfect story, excellent gameplay, awesome bosses, the best dialogue ever and most of all an exprience that really makes you care for Solid Snake while playing. Too bad that rumours for a PS2 remake was not true, I would really want to have it :(

Famicom_fan
10-09-2002, 04:08 PM
even after 8 years tetris is the only game i still play on my gameboy.

Xenogears
10-09-2002, 07:44 PM
classic arcade games? ummm...

-Vigilante by Irem
-R-type by Irem
-Double dragon 1 by technos
-combatribes by technos
-street smart by snk
-P.O.W by SNK
-Rygar by tecmo
-Xain sleena ???
-Psychic 5 or is it physic 5? by Jaleco

classic console games:

-Xenogears by Square
-Final Fantasy VIII by square
-Ridge Racer 4 by namco
-Suikoden I y II by Konami
-Legend of Legaia
-Tomb Raider I

nuff said :D

3car
10-10-2002, 04:36 PM
Favorite all time quarter waster was Asteroids. I've got that for the PSX but the arcade version was the best.

Console game- I've got two.

Playstation - Final Fantasy VII

Sega CD - Lunar: The Silver Star Story

Still a toss up on those two for my all-time favorite.

A game that I'll run in there for a very close second: Valkyrie Profile. Only reason it didn't make to one was the inability to aquire the complete story after two run throughs with the game. That's bad. I hate games with multiple endings for the same main characters.

Black Ace
10-12-2002, 11:41 PM
Did anyone ever play Firepower 2000? its an awesome shooter. You use either a Helicopter or Jeep as the craft of your choice. The gameplay is easy to catch on, its straight forward shooting, anyone can picked up it and play it. There are tons of weapons, lots and lots of powerup hidden through out the stages. The game is a bit challenging, so two player is much better, co-operate and kick some tail, also they give you more powerup if two person are playing. They think you would've split the shares in those powerup. ;)

Mohtools
10-13-2002, 12:07 PM
DONKEY KONG

is the best.
BEST MUSIC.
BEST GRAPHICS OF ITS TIME.
BEST GAMEPLAY.
man i love this game. Donkey kong 64 is terrible. I think Nintendo should make the new DK like luiges mansion 3D-2D you get the idea. :cool guy:

cartman414
10-25-2002, 06:29 AM
Super Mario 3- best... game... ever.

I'd also love to reprazent the following: Bionic Commando, Zelda II, the Gameboy (Color) Zeldas, Final Fantasy VI, Final Fantasy Tactics, Chrono Trigger, Contra 3, Castlevania 3, Dracula X (PC Engine version), Castlevania: SotN, Super Metroid, Super Mario Kart, Street Fighter 2 Turbo, Megaman 2, Life Force, Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, Advance Wars, Tetris, the Puyo Puyo games, Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo... and, oh my! Too many I've listed already!

Neo Otacon
12-01-2002, 09:54 AM
d00d - what's with all the love for the Final Fantasy that killed the series (FFVII), ot the one that's not even a game, but instead merely an interactive movie (Final Fantasy "X")? It's all in the SNES FFs - The best and most important one being VI (Best... game... ever!)

The only seriously "great" FF since then was Tactics, and that wasn't as much a Squaresoft game as it was a collaboration with Quest.

...Gotta give props to Chrono Trigger - I still think Marle's hot...

...*IMPLODE*

camac
12-02-2002, 10:37 AM
heh, here we go, FF6,7,T, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Tales of Phantasia, Marvel vs Capcom series, Mega Man X2 and 3, Super Metroid, Metroid Fusion, Advance Wars, Castlevania SotN, CotM, HoD, Kingdom Hearts, Zelda OoT, Link to the past, links awakening, links adventure, MGS, Kirby series (especialy superstars) Mario 1-3, world and 64. KoF series, Lastblade series, METAL SLUG!
heh, that should be enough, choosing favorites is hard to do...

Top 4 without a doubt- FF6, CT, SoM, ToP.

Alucard
12-03-2002, 10:14 AM
hmm...

No, I can't pick one. The question makes my head hurt too much.

Actually.. PSI 5 for the C64 was PRETTY DAMN COOL

Nindalf
12-03-2002, 11:28 AM
Saboteur was amazing on Commodore 64 :sing:

Alucard
12-03-2002, 12:06 PM
Sabotuer was damn hard! I think the C64 had the hardest games of any system for its time. Bloody nasty difficulty in alot of those games. But so damn cool it was unreal.

Sturat
12-05-2002, 12:32 AM
The best game ever is Monster World 2 for Sega Master System, PCEngine, and Game Gear. (It's called Wonderboy III and Dragon's Curse in America)

Nindalf
12-05-2002, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Alucard
Sabotuer was damn hard! I think the C64 had the hardest games of any system for its time. Bloody nasty difficulty in alot of those games. But so damn cool it was unreal.

Just to make sure...were talking about the game where you are a Ninja/Commando and when you walk the voice from your steps is really loud? Sometimes i mix the names of old games

Its was hard though

Does your C64 still work? Mine broke years ago :crying:

dissethe
12-07-2002, 02:10 PM
Just saw this forum and topic and couldnt pass up putting down my favorites :-)

NES- Tie between Rivercity ransom Clash at demonhead and Bubble bobble

Sega Master system- Fantasy Zone

Saturn- Dungeons and Dragons collection

Just listed games I can play and DO play over and over :-) Lots of good games that I would be addicted to and almost wouldnt sleep but replay value was low. FF Lufia Phantasy Star Etc

Sturat
12-07-2002, 09:46 PM
Yes, Fantasy Zone's gameplay is just as frantic as it ever was. It will never die.

The people who've only played the NES version probably think I'm either crazy or an idiot. It isn't Fantasy Zone if it doesn't have enough sprties to give you a seizure.

Mistatee
12-20-2002, 10:01 PM
Ok my console favories are

Nintendo-->
Mario 3
Genisis-->
General Chaos(any1 else ever play it?)
Super Nintendo-->
Mario Rpg
Sega CD--> (any1 else ever play it?)
Sonic CD
Saturn-->
Panzer Dragoon Zwei
Playstation-->
tie between ff7, xenogears, metal gear solid
Nintendo 64-->
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Dreamcast-->
Dead or Alive 2
PS2-->(not a classic console but this is a best game ever category)
FFx
X-Box-->
Tie between Halo and Dead or ALive 3