PDA

View Full Version : Episode 2 anyone?

Fighter Plus
04-19-2002, 04:55 PM
I've looked through a lot of the topics, and no one's mentioned Episode 2!

So just to get started at this board (my first post), let's talk about Episode 2...

Jedi mania
light saber mania
Natalie Portman
Effects
part 2

:cool:

Overlord
04-20-2002, 01:34 AM
I heard that Yoda is going to have a LightSaber battle at some point in the movie! And thats really intersting, I mean he's strong and all, but a physical battle?

...And JarJarBinks is in the movie. He's not really my favorite Star Wars charecter.

Pdaimaoh
04-20-2002, 01:42 AM
JANGO FETT!
oh yeah, baby!!

other than the name being foolish, I'm sure it's mostly going to rule
however, watching the jedi council get whacked is going to be harsh since Samuel Jackson is present and seeing him get his ass kicked isn't cool

I'm all for more Nat, though! she's a hottie!
and the one thing for which I pray (besides a nude scene) but that I know will not happen:

the opening scene is of jango fett putting the lasers through jar jar useless piece of crap binks

what's REALLY annoying, however, isn't the fact that the rampant DISMISSAL of all jar jar related merchandise and the rampant angry shouts of fans against jar jar, yet he's still gonna be IN the damn movie, is that REALLY EVEN WORSE slave trader blue bug thing that owned vader and his mom...why the hell is that tosser being put back in?? oh man, it's like for each cool thing, they are going to force an equally crappy lame thing upon us...

anyway, jango fett and even more lightsaber battles will be cool

didja notice in the trailers most of the jedi council either has a purple or a green lightsaber? strange...

Overlord
04-20-2002, 01:53 AM
didja notice in the trailers most of the jedi council either has a purple or a green lightsaber? strange...

You know now that you say that, I did notice it. In the last trailer I saw they had Anakin(I think) fighting this other guy who had a purple and a green light saber!

Janus-of-Zeal
04-20-2002, 02:13 AM
The apprentices have blue lightsabers. Obi-Wan in Ep I, Luke in IV and V. The Jedi masters have green lightsabers. Qui Gon and Luke in full pledge Jedi in part VI. So my guess is that members of the Jedi Council will have purple and yellow lightsabers.

devie
04-20-2002, 09:20 AM
I the sub-title sounds like some 50's sci-fi thing. Really tacky and crap. But it is Star Wars none the less, and they always come out with something good. Can't think of anything else to say apart from I'm lookign forward to Mace Windu fighting.

Dubkiller
04-20-2002, 07:25 PM
I'm actively avoiding reading much about Episode II. It's the only sane way to watch movies these days, otherwise you get overwhelmed by the hype and end up disappointed in the final product.

Fighter Plus
04-22-2002, 04:01 AM
Yes, so true... Sorry, I've been gone for a couple of days :D

I've never known about the color of light sabers meaning anything, it's pretty interesting...

Oh, and the dual sabers part? Isn't it Anakin with 2 sabers? (!!!)

Holy crap, Jar Jar Binks is going to be in it?!?! That really sux...

Does anyone know what episodes 7,8 and 9 are about? Something about if Luke went to the Darkside? (I'm not even sure if eps. 7, 8, 9 exist, I only heard about them, so don't laugh if they aren't real.... :p )

You guys want to see something cool? and funny? here:

http://atomfilms.shockwave.com/bin/content/shockwave.jsp?id=atom_1403

Fighter Plus
04-22-2002, 04:03 AM
Oh, and I forgot...

Natalie Portman!!!

LOL

She's hot.

Wolf
04-22-2002, 03:40 PM
I am not a huge Star Wars fan but I do enjoy the films. Episode 1 wasn't all that great storywise so I'm really looking forward to Episode II. It's supposed to be a bit darker and have a little bit more of a story. I don't think anything will top the pod racing scene of Episode I though. That was really, really intense.

Overlord
04-22-2002, 06:32 PM
For me, Episode 1 was all just a lot of special effects. The movie didn't have a deep and interesting story like the others. And not the best charecters either(JarJar anyone?). Battles were average, all this is just my opinion

...But I heard a lot of good things about this one. So it might be good. Lucas is supposedly working really hard to perfect it.

spikeout
04-25-2002, 11:32 AM
I read the novel today at the bookstore and so far, I am quite impressed. Jar Jar Binks will be in there but with a more important role.. as for Count Dooku..

*spoiler alert*
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/ we ain't seeing the last of him in this episode and his
/ lightsaber skill is amazing - i wonder who thought of his
/ fighting technique - really unique
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
* end spoiler*

Badboon
04-26-2002, 12:41 PM
I repeatedly promised myself that I would go and see Episode One: The Phantom Menace when it was first released in theatres.
I didn't.
Now, I repeatedly promise myself that I will go and see Episode Two: Attack Of The Clones when it finally appears in theatres.
Hopefully, I'll be able to keep this promise to myself this time.:D

teepo
04-26-2002, 06:25 PM
i doubt yoda will be using a lightsaber. if any of you seen spriggan, you might get a hint of what he'll be doing ;)

Overlord
04-26-2002, 06:33 PM
My friend has that. But I never got a chance to see it.

...So what happens, does he just use the force to battle or something. He is supposed to have a lightsaber battle somehow. The person who had a link to the script(on another board) said it was going to happen. As well as a couple of other people. I didn't read the script since it was about 110 pages long, all text and I didn't want to spoil it for myself.

spikeout
04-26-2002, 08:55 PM
*minor spoiler?*
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/

Yoda with a lightsaber? That's old news. They have a picture of Yoda holding a lightsaber fighting Count Dooku in TheForce.net so it's true
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
*end spoiler*

Fighter Plus
05-11-2002, 03:47 PM
You know what? I can not believe how hyped up I am to go see Star Wars Episode 2: Attack of the Clones, or SWE2AOTC for short ( ; D).

Man, seriously, over the last few weeks, I've watched episodes 4 through 6 twice, episode 1 once, and I played and beat Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast. Man... oh yea, I also made 4 lightsabers out of straws, lol.

*psssssssstSSSSHHHH!! huuuuuuuuuuuuuum, huuuuuuuuuuum HUUUUUUUUUUM, KSSSSHHHH, KSSSSHH, <crackle crackle crackle> KSSSSSSHHH KSSSSSHHH!* LOL I had to do that, comon, you know you've made those sounds before.

So um, does that make me a fanatic or hyped up by the media?

Wolf
05-12-2002, 01:44 PM
I dunno. I don't find Lucas to be the best screenwriter or director in the world. Perhaps Lucas should have directed the first one, called on friend Steven Spielberg to take care of this one and got James Cameron to to the third. That would be cool.

I don't know if it will beat Spider-Man opening weekend though. :)

Fighter Plus
05-12-2002, 10:10 PM
I'm getting the same feeling... I just saw Ebert and Roeper and Ebert gave it a thumbs down...

Wolf
05-13-2002, 08:29 PM
Spider-Man has gotten much more favorable reviews. Then again most critics suck.

I just find some people are fooled by the fact that the movie has the title "Star Wars". Sure the F/X and sound will be mind blowing but the dialogue, story and characters are somtimes poorly fleshed out.

One of my friends thinks Star Wars is the end all to be all, and I am pretty much in equilibrium. Not optimistic or pessimistic. I just think when all is said and done Spidey is gonna be the better picture. ;)

Fighter Plus
05-15-2002, 05:57 AM
Hmmmm <places hand around chin and pretends to think>

Well, it's 3:14AM here and so we've got less than 24 hours left to the opening of Episode 2!

Should there be a countdown?

the|absolute
05-16-2002, 06:58 AM
I just came back from watching Episode II. Great film. Lot's of action, lot's of drama, lot's of foreshadowing. The first half is mostly dialogue and politics, but the second half contains a lot of action. Most people should watch this one.

Fighter Plus
05-16-2002, 05:55 PM
Yea? I'm going to go watch today!

tinlunlau
05-16-2002, 11:54 PM
i saw it today as well.
alot of people laughed when Yoda showed up to kick Dooku's ass.

Fighter Plus
05-17-2002, 04:35 AM
Shouldn't you post spoilers ?

Anyways, I just got back... The movie was excellent. Yes, a lot of what everyone said. There were a few bad things about it, but the good things totally made up for the bad, IMO. The only thing bad to me is the fact that there wasn't more of everything.

tinlunlau
05-17-2002, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Fighter Plus
Shouldn't you post spoilers ?

Anyways, I just got back... The movie was excellent. Yes, a lot of what everyone said. There were a few bad things about it, but the good things totally made up for the bad, IMO. The only thing bad to me is the fact that there wasn't more of everything.

it was funny how they reached to the topic of drugs.

"you must go home and rethink your life"
there was this scene that could have been better if not for George Lucas cutting it shorter. it was the scene where Anakin searches and finds his mother Shmi. well, u know what happens...

Fighter Plus
05-17-2002, 04:34 PM
spoilers

OH yea, HAHA, that scene was great. Everyone laughed when Kenobi said that.

How many times did people cheer or laugh at your theater during the movie? I can only imagine...

Yea, it was so sad during the scene with Shmi, you're right, Lucas should've made it longer. BTW, does anyone agree that Hayden Christensen did a good job playing Anakin? (sans the cheezy parts...)

the|absolute
05-18-2002, 07:36 AM
I think Christensen played a good teen Vador. He played the parts where he gets agitated and frustrated very well. He was very arrogant too. Good job all in all.

Wolf
05-19-2002, 11:32 AM
Portman and Hayden did good jobs. It almost seemed like they were restrained though. Following a charcter exactly to script rather then giving it their own twist. Actors sometimes have to do this.

The traces of darkness found in him were pretty good, some being almost too blatant.

It was what I expected, the story taking a backseat to all the f/x and grandoise scenes.

The scene with Yoda was more funnt then cool IMO. WHat the hell is this little thing doing flipping around when he has to walk around with a cane?

And the arm thing, that was pretty bad. I don't think any swordsman could have left his body more open for a shearing attack, too obvious. Not to mantion the fact he got up after falling unconscious and hugged his girl? Man I would be like, "My arm man, it hurts it HUUURRTSS!!" ;)

I dunno, better then Phantom Menace no doubt.

tinlunlau
05-19-2002, 05:35 PM
the romance between Anakin and Padme seemed a little forced. that's my little pet peeve on it. George Lucas shouldn't have spent too much time on their romance. well, maybe he should but whatever it is, he didn't execute it properly. Anakin and Padme's romance wouldn't compare to what Leia and Han Solo had.

other than the romance, the movie was great.

LiquidSnake
05-19-2002, 09:09 PM
I saw the movie on Thursday and on Sat and I still love it...It's not perfect (Hayden is sometimes VERY stiff at his acting, 2 or 3 shots Yoda looks really fake, etc.), but i liked it a hell of a lot! 3 out of 4 stars

Also, I just found out the numbers for it for the weekend....

As expected, it didnn't beat Spider Man for the biggest three day intake...HOWEvER, STAR WARS EPISODE II DEBUTS AT NUMBER ONE WITH A 3 DAY TALLY OF A LITTLE OVER $86 MILLION. SINCE IT'S RELEASE ON THURSDAY IT'S MADE OVER $115 MILLION. Still very impressive numbers for it....

Fighter Plus
05-19-2002, 11:22 PM
Oh wow? That's all it did? Weird... but I guess it shows the magnitude of how great Spider-Man did. I never realized how well it did.

Yea, I totally agree with what everyone says about the bad points, and I've said them too. But, it's weird, maybe it's because I'm such a fan, but I still think all the good points make up for the bad. (I don't want to list the good points, but let's just say the last half of the movie, and Padme.)

LiquidSnake
05-20-2002, 12:07 AM
Yeah, it's the same for me to..the good parts of the film FAR outweigh the bad. I still liked EP.I, but this FAR better and was very pleased with it...
As for the tallies, that's a great number for it. Spider Man is a totally different stor...Not so much that its a totally great pic (I DID like it, however), but think how long people have wanted a movie version of Spidey..some people were still jaded from the first Star wars.. a lot of things attribute to the differnce in numbers, but its mostly cause spidey is a very well known comic book and it took a LONG time to finally hit the screens....

Darren
05-20-2002, 04:36 PM
Yoda wipped ass!