PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite gaming genre and why is it?

Black Ace
07-25-2002, 08:04 PM
I don't particular have a favorite genre of any sort. I'm open minded and plays only the best games. For example, if adventure was my favorite type of games, I wouldn't picked up a mediocre title in that particular catergory.

Anything that is good, I will played, it doesn't matter what genre its fall under. But I mostly avoid sport games, I don't seems to find the interest factors in them.

But most of the games I own are adventures and space shooters. I'm a huge arcade style game fan. Treasure games rock by the way. They makes a lot of games I liked, like classic Contra on NES, which was a really great game and Contra III is another stellar game.

Adventures such as Zelda do bored me. I've beat Zelda Ocarina of Time and finds no replay values, to me its a one way game, once its done, its forever history, I move on to the next.

flamingspiral
07-25-2002, 08:18 PM
I don't have a favorite genre, though I stick to a few and avoid others.

I excel and enjoy Action/adventures, RPGs, FPS, and fighting games. They are what entertain me the most, and what I try to look for in a game.

I try my best to avoid sports games, platformers, and most strategy games. I found them to be boring and pernicious to entertainment.

ATMA
07-26-2002, 11:49 AM
RPG, RPG/ADVENTURES ,ACTION/ ADVENTURES, FIGHTING GAMES! i'm also willing to try anything new but avoid FPS (get a headache) after a few min of playing!!

silvergun
07-26-2002, 12:34 PM
My deep love for fast-paced arcade style SHMUPS (shoot'em ups for the unitiatted) is second to none. Radiant Silvergun (duh) being at the top of the list followed by SoukyuGurentai (Terra Diver) a distant second and then Battle Garegga (it's a shame I've never been able to play Garegga's follow up, Battle Bakraid as it would probably be up there too) and finally G-Darius and Einhander.

Also, let's not forget about Cave's awesome lineup of shmups : Dangun Feveron, DonPachi, DoDonPachi, ESP Ra.De., Guwange...etc. More recently, games like Mars Matrix, Gigawings 1 & 2 and Psikyo's Zero Gunner 2 have been favorites also.

On a side note, I'd have to mention that rythm games have begun to grow on me. The reason I bought a PS2 (no, it wasn't for FFX, MSG2 or even DMC...) was Frequency.... I couldn't stand going to my friend's to get my Freq fix anymore. I just had to have it for myself... couldn't wait for the price cut either :( Gitaroo Man and Space Channel 5 a noteworthy games in the genre as well.

Kid0_oIcarus
07-26-2002, 09:19 PM
I tend to avoid realistic sport games- but just about everything else I enjoy. Even more so if it's good.

Lately though, I've noticed I've been playing a lot of strategy games, so perhaps that's what I enjoy the most.

HFIL
07-27-2002, 12:06 AM
I like FPS, Platformers, Action shooting games.. (Radiant silvergun, Mars matrix, Panzer dragoon, sky gunner, r-type)

Puzzle GAMES GULE!!!!!!

Also I love mech games.. AC, AC2, AC2-AA, Mech warrior, can't wait till fall ::drool::

music games are groing on me.. I like parappa, gitarro man, rez

RPGs are OK, but I'm not huge on turn based, nor do I like repetative action RPGs... what really counts is if I get cought in the story.. and that doesn't happen that often... I tend to be more into american style PC rpgs.. because as of late Japanses rpgs have had sories that really didn't interest me...

I'm also a total sega freak.. sept for their sport titles..

Fighting games... Well I like virtua fighter, soul caliber, Rival schools, mortal kombat 2, and street fighter.. but not some of the newer 2d fighters.. I dunno I'm just not really into the big SUPER move type sheeot

although I actually like them the best out of the current lot of sport games.. If I want 2 play a sport game.. I enjoy old nes sport games like hockey, and nba, and dodge ball... sept for virtua tenis.. it rawks...

Racing games don't really intrest me unless they are somehow different.. ala Need for speed hot pursiut.. crazy taxi... waverace... smugglers run...

xXx Beaver xXx
07-31-2002, 07:13 AM
RPG, because those chicks on FF look so nice, my controller is soo sticky after seeing yuna's bra strap.
I just cant stop wackin it, :D.

- Triple X Beaver :spin smil