PDA

View Full Version : tekken aback

TheHardware
03-13-2004, 10:27 AM
EXCLUSIVE: TEKKEN 5 POWERS UP FOR E3 SHOWDOWN

Insider gossip from reliable mouths echoes the same four words: "Tekken five" and "E three"

15:55 Using our special brand of videogames ninjitsu, we have learned today that the next instalment of Tekken in development is scheduled for a worldwide release on arcade, followed by PS2, by the end of the year.
Further chatter from highly placed sources also points to a 2004 E3 unveiling for the title as a certainty, with possible online play ready for the show. Either way, a new direction for the massive fighting franchise is expected.

When contacted in regard to the issue in question, a spokesperson for Namco Europe stated: "We're happy and appreciative of the continued interest in the series, although as far as E3 pans out, if and when announcements are ready to be made, we will let you know".

Tekken 4, although dripping with high-production value gloss, received heavy criticism for its balance issues and considerably smaller-than-normal character roster. Will these problems be addressed in Tekken 5? All going well, we'll be able to tell you in May...

god it starts again...please change this game....dont make tekken 1 with different locals and a new move per character.....

Nem
03-13-2004, 01:09 PM
Im actually quite curious to see, what they will come up with, this time.
Namco, more stages please! only a hand full wont do it :too mad:

REDFlELD
03-13-2004, 03:01 PM
I didn't like this game... mainly because I got a Saturn instead of a PS. And now I own both Virtua Fighter 4E & Tekken 4 but still couldn't get into Tekken4.
What's the chance we're going to see The Virtua Fighters VS Tekken?

Nem
03-13-2004, 03:06 PM
It would be interesting to see such a game, but seeing how Sammy now owns SEGA and Namco's influence ruined the previous merge plans between the first two... id say chances are nearly 0%.

Robo Halloween
03-13-2004, 03:57 PM
Why is it so hard for you people to post a link or atleast say where you got the news from?

deadaerith
03-13-2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Team Halloween
Why is it so hard for you people to post a link or atleast say where you got the news from?

that would be extra work, typing and effort. sides, is that the avatar of a guy who'd lie? :cool guy:

Robo Halloween
03-13-2004, 06:12 PM
Good grief...

Sammythy
03-13-2004, 06:23 PM
Tekken 4 was a massive step back from 3. The addition of three dimensional movement made the game feel sluggish in comparison to its prequels. Both character and background design failed to show any inspiration at all. Even the terrible PAL conversion of the already rushed Tag Tournament stood head and shoulders above 4.
I am hoping Namco has recaptured some of the magic they so often displayed in the past. good luck to them.

GodOfCookery
03-15-2004, 05:13 AM
It better be better as Tekken 4 which was crap

ATMA
03-15-2004, 05:02 PM
Tekken 4 character list sucks...It just felt like playing an old Tekken but with better graphics at one point..hence I still play Tekken Tag. So it's obvious what I wish for in Tekken 5...MORE CHARACTERS Namco. And do something freaky with Yoshimitsu again. XD

Sammythy
03-15-2004, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Team Halloween

I think he may of got the link from the C&VG site. Which is a pretty excellent place for game related news in general.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php?id=102400

Nem
03-15-2004, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by ATMA
Tekken 4 character list sucks...It just felt like playing an old Tekken but with better graphics at one point..hence I still play Tekken Tag. So it's obvious what I wish for in Tekken 5...MORE CHARACTERS Namco. And do something freaky with Yoshimitsu again. XD

I totally agree with you! More wholle characters!Have you noticed how Namco just throws in a few characters with moves from all the other characters? Just one is okay... but more is just annoying. They did the same with Soul Calibur 2. (They had Inferno and Charade, wich were pretty much the same). I know they had a few in Tekken 4, but hoppefully i forget their names!

TheHardware
03-16-2004, 03:47 AM
yeah i did..sorry halloween

REDFlELD
03-17-2004, 08:01 AM
Nem: Have you noticed how Namco just throws in a few characters with moves from all the other characters?
Just one is okay... but more is just annoying

If you have played Street Fighter 1, 2, 3, Alpha and VS series before, then you'll know what is annoying.

Nem
03-17-2004, 09:40 AM
?? are you talking about ryu/ken/dan/akuma/sakura stuff? It isnt the same in 2D, since apparently little differences make in fact huge differences in gameplay.