PDA

View Full Version : Never have a cavity again!

Black Ace
07-25-2002, 04:05 AM
I just heard this on the news thought I'd like to shared. Scientist are developing a vaccine that can stopped teeths from forming cavities, permantly. The vaccine is said to attack the bacteria inside the saliva that promotes tooth decay. So far, testing has been done on animals and some individual, and showing remarkable progress. More testing is to be done before the drugs can be aproved by the FDA for administor to people.

I think this is remarkable, considering dental care cost so much. A visit the the dental office can cost thousands, and a lot of low in come family can't afford insurance and first class health care. Take this into account, about 3 billions of the world population has cavities, so one in every two person gets it. Dental care in the USA cost 60 billion dollars every year, an insane ammount of money.

The drugs can be out within a decade, if approved by the FDA. Decades ago, when teeth are damage and decayed, the only method is to extract it, today we have root canal treatments, but its very expensive. Having a root canal done can take several visits to the dentist. God I hope they come out with this vaccine soon, I and everybody can sure use it.

Still the project still need more research, and needs donation of course, and I will contribute of course.

I'll try to find more info on this. Of course, I wrote the above from what I know.

Bill :cool:

Vicviper
07-25-2002, 05:54 PM
That would be awesome for us people but very bad for dentists!! This would ruin them. Filling cavities is probably there bread and butter! Oh well the world needs ditch diggers to.

Nindalf
08-02-2002, 03:37 PM
well....all i care the dentist can lose their jobs!i hate those sticks and drills and little mirrors they put in your mouth!:crazy:

Hope that stuff works!:cool guy:

xXx Beaver xXx
08-03-2002, 10:19 PM
It sounds a bit dodgy to me, I haven't had any cavities in my life so it wouldn't bother me.

Could be good for some people with teeth problems.

- Triple X Beaver :spin smil

Kid0_oIcarus
08-05-2002, 09:28 AM
Wh0a- I hope that the National Dentist Association or something similar to that d0esn't go all 3vil and try t0 stop this thing. As the 'viper (g00d looking out man!) said, this w0uld be very good thing for all of us.. provided "j00" aren't a dentist! M0ney.. no, wait- Greed does funny th1ngs to people..

(TRANSLATION: Hope it works! Bad for dentists! Hope they go along quietly.)

gabriel
08-22-2002, 11:34 AM
Who's to say this will cost less than getting a cavity filled? "Miracle" cures tend to be pricey, and I bet this one wont be cheap.

Kid0_oIcarus
08-22-2002, 02:12 PM
h3h, yeah.. maybe they'll sell it though.. y0u guessed it.. dentists only!! :D