PDA

View Full Version : Rare: 3 by dec (even if they make it, does anyone still care?)

vherub
03-10-2004, 11:51 AM
presumably the 3 must be conker, kameo, and and um an xbox version of sabre wulf? im at a loss to guess the 3rd game (certainly not perfect dark...?)

after releasing 1 xbox title since joining house ms, grabbed by the ghoulies (which was not reviewed well, and sold-anyone know?) could not have been the powerhouse game ms was expecting

now rare aims to bring an end to some long dev times, odds are 1 and possibly 2 of these titles will not make the december date, even with 9 1/2 months to go. Conker was released at the tale end of the 64 and sold terribly, that it was soon after heavily discounted allowed many more people to play it (and its a fun game that has some coll parodies) but the thought of an xbox live conker just doesnt excite any more than an live-enabled banjo-kazooie or donkey kong, jet force gemini tho, would definitely have benefited by this treatment (highly unappreciated imo)

i know, conker was rare's property so this was the game they went with, but they have such a wealth of past games from their nes/snes days they could have updated instead

on to kameo, after SFA, i am hesitant to wonder how this game will play out, i think they have lost touch with that nondescript element of fun that every game needs a heavy dose of but no one has cornered the market on. Rare previously knew this and they were one of the few developers that almost every game you knew would be high quality and worth playing if not buying outright. perhaps they will restore some of their reputation with kameo, i hope so, id hate to seem they stumble into oblivion

and the third game, a question mark as much as the company itself i guess, the shadow of perfect dark hanging over their heads

Reality
03-10-2004, 12:31 PM
It might be safe to say 1 or maybe 2 of those titles are for the GBA.

Zod
03-10-2004, 02:07 PM
Right now Nintendo is looking totally justified for getting rid of Rare. I hope that at least ONE of those is good. That might bring some redemption from the MS buyout.

Dead Account 01
03-10-2004, 03:18 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing the Conker remake (that should be 1).

Nem
03-10-2004, 05:34 PM
I cant understand what M$ was thinking when they bought Rare... they totally do not fit with the average adult Xbox owner. Its a lost cause, unless they start to develop more adult orientated games (perfect Dark, Jet force gemini...). Otherwise only a new banjo-Kazooie can sell something...

Magnus
03-10-2004, 10:21 PM
I agree with at least one or two being GBA titles. I think I remember hearing they aere working on DCK2 for the GBA so that would be one. Probably Conker would be the second title. A GBTG sequel for the third mabye?

Alucard
03-10-2004, 11:25 PM
Rare need to change their name to 'Hype'. Then again...it IS 'Rare' for them to release games. eh..eheh...rare..hehehehe...Laugh damnit!

aneep
03-11-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Reality
It might be safe to say 1 or maybe 2 of those titles are for the GBA.

yes,
rare says so themselves (in the report at rarextreme)

-aneep-

BlindMaphisto
03-13-2004, 10:53 PM
Have they mentioned a new Killer instinct game? I know I saw some pictures from Grabbed by the Ghoulies that showed an xbox case with Killer Instinct on the cover. Maybe thats the third game.

Reality
03-13-2004, 11:29 PM
Rare has so many games announced as it is that they are must likely only working on those only. I say what you seen in Ghoulies ("......") was just a teaser image or a ester egg.

Escaflowne2001
03-14-2004, 08:16 AM
Currently played SabreWulf (GBA) and it's pretty good nothing greatly innovative but then again doesn't really need to be.

Kid0_oIcarus
03-14-2004, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Alucard
Then again...it IS 'Rare' for them to release games. eh..eheh...rare..hehehehe...

AAARGGH! Damn you vampire-wannabe! That's exactly what I was comming in here to post!!

May your plastic vampire teeth turn yellow and look yucky.

Take that!

Cobi*
03-16-2004, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by BlindMaphisto
Have they mentioned a new Killer instinct game? I know I saw some pictures from Grabbed by the Ghoulies that showed an xbox case with Killer Instinct on the cover. Maybe thats the third game.

Why hasn't anyone else reported this?

That "third" game better be Perfect Dark Zero...

Alucard
03-16-2004, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Kid0_oIcarus
AAARGGH! Damn you vampire-wannabe! That's exactly what I was comming in here to post!!

May your plastic vampire teeth turn yellow and look yucky.

Take that!

PWNED! I am your god!

Smirnof-X
03-16-2004, 04:25 PM
Conker is gay.

Escaflowne2001
03-16-2004, 06:55 PM
He screws other male squirrels..? he is a squirrel right....

(yes I can't spell) ;)

aneep
03-16-2004, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by cobi40-50
Why hasn't anyone else reported this?

That "third" game better be Perfect Dark Zero...

because one one bothers playing GBTG?

-aneep-

thesoftware6180
03-16-2004, 09:37 PM
rare fed off nintendo's magic,all of their games besides 007 and pd played just like a rip off nintendo game,then when they got sold most of their GE team split and whent to free radical thats why TS plays just like GE AND PD,

nintendo gone =grabbed by the goulies,and a kaemeo game that egm says needs to be canned.

Escaflowne2001
03-17-2004, 05:10 AM
Originally posted by thesoftware6180
nintendo gone =grabbed by the goulies,and a kaemeo game that egm says needs to be canned.

and SabreWulf! bah TS is highly overrated, though there Second Sight game is looking better.