PDA

View Full Version : Warren Spector

jeremy_aerts
03-03-2004, 09:14 AM
"I think the console audience is growing so rapidly that it's supplanting the PC audience. I'm sorry that I've just lost my entire fan community [with that comment], but the consoles are getting so powerful now and except for certain kinds of games that really do require a mouse and keyboard, you know -- go and buy an Xbox, buy a PlayStation 2, because it costs less than upgrading your video card, for crying out loud!

You can play essentially, and I probably should even take that qualifier off, you can play the same game on both platforms now. In every significant way, you can play the same game on any platform now. I think in that sense the audience is converging, but it's really that the console audience is growing, growing, growing, and a lot of PC gamers are moving onto consoles as they realize, "Wait, that's where all the games are and that's where the developers are going. The games I want to play are over there, so I'm going." "

-Warren Spector
source: gamespy

No games for the PC?? xbox and ps2 as power as the computers now? console audience supplementing the PC industry? SUUUuuurrrreeee, whatever you say warren.
:rolleyes:

Alucard
03-03-2004, 10:37 AM
He's such a damn sellout it isn't funny. He's lost most of his fanbase at the moment because he's an Eidos lacky with no vision anymore. He's stupid and just a total retard. Consoles more powerful then PC... He must be blind. Yes.. Blind it is. Good luck destroying the rest of your fans with Thief3 being a letdown and then using this crappy console excuse to find more fans instead of being FORCED to find more. Hate him. I think we should set a permanent block to his name on these boards. He annoys me more then IGN itself, if thats possible.

jeremy_aerts
03-03-2004, 12:00 PM
Agreed. The thing that bothers me the most is that he truly used to be an excellent game developer...until eidos came around. He is a sellout in the truest sense. His games used to be on the cutting edge in innovation, now all he cares about is simplifing things and the xbox. Good luck to him finding new fans to support his decisions, because his old one's certainly don't.

Seska
03-03-2004, 12:45 PM
Nice one, Warren. Except.. if the console audience is so much better than the PC one, how come your new games dont sell as much as your old ones?

Woops. Start making that "will work for food" sign, assmunch.

Dead Account 01
03-03-2004, 03:13 PM
Eidos has poisoned his mind :crying:

SpaceManSpiff
03-04-2004, 01:39 AM
What he is saying now isnt true, but it may be in the near future.

jeremy_aerts
03-04-2004, 12:33 PM
But in all likely hood not.

Alucard
03-04-2004, 01:25 PM
If they keep ditching the PC then yes. If they stick with the PC then no. Its just cheaper to make a console game.