PDA

View Full Version : Similarities between F-Zero, Crazy Taxi 3 and Panzer Dragoon Orta

Pikachu
07-23-2002, 01:53 PM
It seems to me Sega really likes the night theme in all their new games! First goes Crazy Taxi 3, then Panzer Dragoon Orta, now F-Zero for Gamecube! Are they running out of ideas or something?
:(

Kid0_oIcarus
07-23-2002, 02:16 PM
Nah, just 'cuz all these games predominantly feature night stages doesn't really mean they're running out of ideas. I'm sure there will be some daytime stages, or better yet, some might even start out at night and go well into the daylight. Now THAT would be pretty neat.

But, in any case, Crzi Taxi alone warrants mostly night time driving- it's Las Vegas- it LOOKS better when you can see all the crazy lights and night time sights that go with the city.

Alucard
07-23-2002, 03:26 PM
I'm not sure how a 'night theme' is running out of ideas. Might aswell say Square are running out of ideas cause all their games are set in the day time.

aneep
07-23-2002, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Alucard
I'm not sure how a 'night theme' is running out of ideas. Might aswell say Square are running out of ideas cause all their games are set in the day time.

:D

-aneep-

Pikachu
07-24-2002, 07:33 PM
What I am trying to say is -- insteading making all these games with night theme, why not trying something different? Like an evening theme with sunset. More variety is better.

aneep
07-24-2002, 08:12 PM
Panzer Dragoon Orta is not entirely set at night
and i don't think F Zero AC/GC will only have night levels either

-aneep-

Alucard
07-25-2002, 03:14 AM
They haven't shown much of the games. I can garuntee you all the games aren't entirely darkness. Assuming something just by a couple clips of the same level and a few screenshots of that same level aswell, is pretty silly.

Alucard
07-25-2002, 11:01 AM
http://www.tothegame.com/screenshot.asp?screens=10124

Theres new screens of Panzar Dragoon Orta. Day stages.

Rubeus
07-25-2002, 11:49 PM
It seems to me that Microsoft's Xbox racer Quantum Redshift is a direct competition to Nintendo/Sega's F-Zero, the look and feel of the game is quite similar, but Quantum Redshift seems to have more goodies on the graphic and effect side.

There's a preview of Quantum Redshift at the Box, check it out.

Black Ace
07-26-2002, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by Rebeus
It seems to me that Microsoft's Xbox racer Quantum Redshift is a direct competition to Nintendo/Sega's F-Zero, the look and feel of the game is quite similar, but Quantum Redshift seems to have more goodies on the graphic and effect side.

There's a preview of Quantum Redshift at the Box, check it out.

I highly doubt it if this Quantum Redshift will come closed to the level of quality the F-Zero series has been knowned for. There is a preview of F-Zero up on IGN right now, check out the high-resolution screens in real time.

Black Sugar
07-26-2002, 10:25 AM
I highly doubt it if this Quantum Redshift will come closed to the level of quality the F-Zero series has been knowned for. There is a preview of F-Zero up on IGN right now, check out the high-resolution screens in real time.

Same comments here.

WINDJAMMERS
07-26-2002, 10:28 AM
It seem that somehow Xbox always tries to combat Nintendo/Sega:

DOA Xtreme Volleyball vs. Beach Spikers
Quantum Redshift vs. F Zero GC

Even though it doesn't really matter, it will be interesting to look at the sales numbers at a later date.

aneep
07-26-2002, 04:00 PM
hehe

not really

Quantum Redshift was in development longer than F Zero by AV (check press release by MS, they had contracted Curly Monsters nearly a year ago, and the game (QR) is almost finished now)

and Itagaki had been saying that Tecmo won't allow him to do Ninja Gaiden until he had finished one sport title (at that time many sites just assumed that he was working on Tecmo Bowl remake/sequel, turns out the game is DOAXBV)

so, no, not really

and if anything is in direct competition with QR, its Wipeout series, since many Curly Monsters team members are alumni from the team that created Wipeout/XL/Fusion

-aneep-

Bookbagninja
07-27-2002, 01:19 AM
I think it's all about showing off your programing abilities, plus the fact that they always race during the day or at dusk/dawn. Something different would be cool, plus they're showing off nice lighting effects. I see nothing wrong with this yet. There aren't enough night races anyways.

Black Ace
07-29-2002, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by WINDJAMMERS
It seem that somehow Xbox always tries to combat Nintendo/Sega:

DOA Xtreme Volleyball vs. Beach Spikers
Quantum Redshift vs. F Zero GC

Even though it doesn't really matter, it will be interesting to look at the sales numbers at a later date.

Every game released exclusively for a specific console is there to combat the rivals.

Rubeus
07-30-2002, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Bill

Every game released exclusively for a specific console is there to combat the rivals.

It depends, I haven't seen Nintendo doing this kind of things. Their games are not released to combat with certain titles in the rival platforms.