PDA

View Full Version : winning eleven 6

superRSXs
07-22-2002, 04:44 PM
a question...i played WE6 a few days ago, and geez it is an awesome game...and with the world cup over, and the chance that konami bringing the game to the US being near 0% (if not 0% already with the game being out since 4/25) the only way to play this game at home would be to modify my PS2...has anyone in the LA area done this already? where can i go to get this done? and the chips they sell...do they work, and if so, how easy is it to install? (honestly id rather have someone whos done it b4 to do the job) if ne one knows about PS2 modification, plz respond...ahhhhh......winning eleven 6....*drool*....

Seska
07-23-2002, 07:44 AM
Not sure if it will appear in the US, though it will appear ine Europe and Australia under the name of Pro Evolution Soccer 2. I guess if they are going to be bothered to localize for Europe, they might do the same for the US, but being as it is that the US aint too keen of good ol' footie, you never know. It enver stoipped FIFA coming out though, so if I were you I'd wait off a little before opening up your PS2.

Now if you'll excuse me.. gotta go play Winning Eleven 6 on my modded PS2.

*puts cd in ps2 and boots up*

:D

Alucard
07-23-2002, 08:52 AM
I guess it depends if you got Pro Evolution Soccer last year to begin with. Or earlier this year. If you did then you should get the sequel. Europe wont get it till like November anyway. So IF the US was to get it then expect it like around march next year. So maybe modding is your best choice. Or you could buy a premodded system to begin with.

superRSXs
07-23-2002, 04:43 PM
did you guys (or ne one reading this post) get your system modded at a store (someone doing it for you) or did u open up the black box and do it yourself? and i'm pretty sure that WE6 won't make it to US shores...do i wait, or mod? (haha i'm in korea now and my systems at home in the US...i need to wait till i get back to mod...but i can buy the game here i guess)..

Originally posted by Seska
Now if you'll excuse me.. gotta go play Winning Eleven 6 on my modded PS2.
*puts cd in ps2 and boots up*

how.......dare......you.....hehehe...hey man, feel free to invite me over netyme :D

Alucard
07-23-2002, 04:49 PM
yep got our systems modded. Living in the PAL region means you miss out on quite a few things unless you mod your system. They say its illegal, I say give me a game that doesn't run slower and more jerky then the american version of the game and I'll buy it locally.

Anyway, some chips theres no way in hell you can do it on your own unless you have the specific tools and are an expert at soldering. Some of the points in the PS2 are TINY. I've had experience, but when I see those points I just run the other way. Have it done for you at a store. There should be heaps of places in your area. Or you could mail it to one of the stores.

Theres a modchip out though that doesn't require soldering. I've never used it or seen it in use. So I can't recommend it.