PDA

View Full Version : Rare going multiplatform.

b0b
07-22-2002, 12:08 AM
I read PSM, on two pages mention rare on PS2, one says they've had devkits for months, the other in the + and - section of PSM listed Perfect Dark Zero as a + for PS2, OXM on a page has an article informing us Rare has had Xbox Devkits for months this article also mentions Perfect Dark Zero, Rare has not denied any of this nor has it said a single word about this, which in this industery usual means it's true we're just not allowed to comment on it, now this doesn't mean Rare won't develop for GC as I wouldn't believe that in a mintue Rare and Nintendo have a great relationship, but I see no reason why Nintendo would care if Rare wants to take the franciases they created and have them go multiplatform, Rare is one if not the top development studio in existance, these are the titles rare owns, Perfect Dark, Conkers, BattleToads, Banjo + ?, Killer Instinct, Kameo: Elements of Power.

frankly this is massively good news for both PS2 and Xbox, moreso for Xbox however as this is a major player to set up and bring it's games to the power of the box.

The PSM in question is Issue 60, July 2002, on the cover in the lower in a yellow it clearly states "Rare's first PS2 game: Perfect Dark 2?"

The OXM in question I dont know what issue or month it is but it has Superman on it. the article is located on the buttom left hand side

Black Sugar
07-22-2002, 12:29 AM
I hope it's true. Rare got a lot of potential. nintendo need to let them free. I'm really tired of these DK or BK crap from a developper who use to make games such as Battletoads or RC Pro-Am.

Artfully Xtreme
07-24-2002, 03:06 PM
I hope they bring Conker to the PS2- I really loved that game, word!

Kid0_oIcarus
07-24-2002, 03:20 PM
There is no reason Rare can't develop Battletoads now, right? Isn't it up to the developer to develop what they want?

I miss those toads.

Oh and this thread is already been talked about:

Linkified! (http://www.the-magicbox.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=733&pagenumber=2)

xXx Beaver xXx
08-03-2002, 10:17 AM
rare is a cool company, the will go further.

- Triple X Beaver :spin smil