PDA

View Full Version : SoulCalibur 2

Black Sugar
07-20-2002, 05:33 AM
All you need to know about SoulCalibur 2

Soulcalibur 2 website (http://r3s.servercentral.net/)

Necro ??
07-20-2002, 05:52 AM
Hopefuly when it comes to systems they re-add the weapons break.I was playing 1 today and UGH! the AI did nothing but block alot,advanced A.I. my ASS!

flamingspiral
07-20-2002, 04:46 PM
Soul Calibur 2 looks very promising. I never had the pleasure of playing the first one, so this should be interesting once it's released.

WINDJAMMERS
07-20-2002, 10:58 PM
Thank God they put Maxi in it. I was beginning to worry when he didn't appear on the list of playable characters at Gamespot.

Maxi is my best/favorite character, although I will probably try out that Raphael character.

Who does everyone play as?

Sesshoumaru
07-20-2002, 11:45 PM
Nightmare.
haven't visited the site...wonder if he's in it.

edit

yup he is ^_^
though there's LOTS of cool looking characters in there...heheh and good ol Yoshimitsu.

ATMA
07-21-2002, 03:32 PM
I'm happy that Yoshimitsu and Voldo are back in action! I love this game alot because of the gameplay it's different than the others
and the music is also very nice and i always loved the quest/story mode! This game will be great i think! :cool guy:

Black Sugar
07-21-2002, 03:37 PM
I was hoping for a lot more new original characters than this.

Still look like a really nice sequel.

ATMA
07-26-2002, 11:53 AM
But perhaps they will keep it 1 or 2 character as a secret so there might be hope for more characters just have to wait and see !!

xXx Beaver xXx
07-31-2002, 07:19 AM
wow, thanks for the info.

I really wanted to know about Tiger Woods Pro Golf '99 for dreamcast.

- Triple X Beaver :spin smil

IoriYagami n8
09-29-2002, 01:52 AM
I found an arcade about an hour away that has Soul Calibur, I had traveled a long way to play the demo board sometime ago. But today I finally got a hold of the real deal. I Played with Ivy and the new korean guy Yun Sung (or something). I watched a few people play before since they were doing the conquest mode. It's a neat little thing, and I might have started my own character if everyone else didn't seem so far ahead of where I would have been. Not to mention the fact that I don't frequent the arcade enough due to distance. I have something I have to get off my chest before I can offer much. What the hell did they do to Ivy? I could totally mess up people with her before, and playing as her this time around I couldn't do jack. Rather then lay her whip out to knock people up, or grapple from afar, she would turn the sword into a whip and start swinging it letting me run around until I do something with it. I never did get it to lay like before. If you liked using Ivy, your going to have to relearn her.

Now on to visuals. The game is way more similar to Soul Calibur on dreamcast then I expected. It just goes to show you that as time passes, the difference you will find in quality of visuals from console to console will deminish. The faces and textures as well as backgrounds were clearly enhanced, but not at a level in which you would be in shock over. Some of the new characters seem interesting, but the game just seems so terribly similar. I had been hoping for more drastic changes in the department of visuals. There is this Eyeball thing that you unlock I believe, and it is just a completely out of place character.

In terms of gameplay, as I said, a lot of the characters seem different. Mitsurugi is about as basic and cheesy as ever for the average players. And I noticed that the most common characters used were Mitsurugi, Ivy, Yun Sung, and Cerivantes. A big difference is how characters run with weapons. Although it isn't as free moving as Namco led to believe, the way in which you can run and attack while running rather then having your character stop to combo, they continue to run while swinging. It's hard to explain, but it's a neat addition. A bit confusing to get use to and under used from what I've seen.

The damage meters for attacks are around the same as Soul Calibur. I saw someone using Mitsurugi take down an opponent in three strong attacks. And as I said, I think a few of you won't be as impressed as you might have thought with playing the game. I can't say much for the sound since it was rather low, but I would swear characters were speaking english, and Ivy among them sounded horrible if you ask me. But all and all, that's the basics of it. Nice game, but nothing to big that I had hoped to see.

Black Sugar
10-01-2002, 03:54 PM
I'm still wondering why did Namco release this one in the arcade, This is basically the same DC Soucalibur with some tweaking and so-so new characters. There's no reason why it shouldn't be in home onsole first.

And, once again, some characters seem way off-balanced.

aneep
10-02-2002, 06:27 PM
putting it on the arcade 1st is a sure way to test the balance between characters

like Namco is going to replace the current version of Sc2 with a D version with more tweakings

Sega/Am2 went through 3 arcade revisions (A, B, C)before they port VF4 to PS2 , and they still tweaks to arcade version (VF4 Evolution, which, going from my friend's impression, who is a hardcore VF4 arcade player and lives in Japan, is almost a whole new game)

-aneep-